Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#74570 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
God would be denied even with overwhelming scientific evidence.
(admitted by more than one evolutionist on this forum.)
So the request is a little redundant, don't ya think?
And of course the reverse is true. We have the proof and yet the creationists just ignore it and fight on, refusing to use reason and logic....sad.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74571 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya much more likely that we came from one single cell, a self life generating cell. A cell that self life generated when all there was on the planet was rocks and rain.
Such an apparent simple process, that science still can't duplicate with all their technological advances...it's not that their not trying...this is the holy grail of science, in which they have frantically been working on day and night for probably over a half of a century now.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

Albert Einstein

(lol)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74572 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an apparent simple process, that science still can't duplicate with all their technological advances...it's not that their not trying...this is the holy grail of science, in which they have frantically been working on day and night for probably over a half of a century now.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
Albert Einstein
(lol)
Sounds lik e he was talking about you...

you should stick to things that can be proven. this is what he was saying...din't you get that?

Location hidden

#74573 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, saying i can't have intelligence because i am part of the universe is making stuff up./
saying that because living beings in the universe have intelligence means the universe has intelligence is making stuff up.
inanimate objects do not have intelligence.
So your saying that your not an intelligent part of the universe...

Ok...I'm starting to buy this at this point.
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

#74574 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove no God.
Humans have two choices: Creation or evolution.....pretty sad. There is a third more credible choice.Most humans comprehension levels will not allow such thoughts to permeate their already made up worlds. The God seed has been planted, the bones have been found.....must be true, must be all there is to human existence.........To many galaxies to count.........more to life than humans can comprehend.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74575 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't assuming to know why other people do things be considered a tad smug. why should anyone waste their time with someone like that? would you?
The question should be "am I?"

:)

St. Croix valley

#74576 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying that your not an intelligent part of the universe...
Ok...I'm starting to buy this at this point.
so intelligent debate from you is done now? did it ever start?

see how fun this game is? remeber it from the third grade?

Location hidden

#74577 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there are amino acids in space. sorry charlie..again, research, then post.
Where in space? Can you point them out?

Of course you do know amino acids are not alive right?

Location hidden

#74578 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>On the coast? if they';re calling for a foot onthe shore, we'll get over two up in the hills.

sadly, i shall still be in the Brainerd area, leaving my neighbor to do all the plowing...
Brained is to get the most! 14"

St. Croix valley

#74579 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The question should be "am I?"
:)
Are you assuming to know why i do things? it seemed so from your post...

Location hidden

#74580 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Such an apparent simple process, that science still can't duplicate with all their technological advances...it's not that their not trying...this is the holy grail of science, in which they have frantically been working on day and night for probably over a half of a century now.

Albert Einstein

(lol)
Well said!

Well said!

St. Croix valley

#74581 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in space? Can you point them out?
Of course you do know amino acids are not alive right?
No, i cannot, but they have been detected by those that could point them out to you.

i know they are not alive, but they most certainly could have been on the earth. if htey can form in space or exist in space from some other point of origin, theycertainly could have been resent on teh Earth from very early on, or even come togethr here.

thus, you just rain and rocks statement isn;'t nearly correct. there would have been organic molecules.

Location hidden

#74582 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, saying i can't have intelligence because i am part of the universe is making stuff up./
saying that because living beings in the universe have intelligence means the universe has intelligence is making stuff up.
inanimate objects do not have intelligence.
I did not say that inanimate objects have intelligence.

I said that science copies intelligent processes OF the Universe...

And the fact that they are more advanced in concept to be applied to technology for advancement, makes them obvious intelligent concepts.

St. Croix valley

#74583 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah! i'll be at the third day of a Chili and Tequila party! i doubt i will even notice!
alan

Kansas City, MO

#74584 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the theory of evolution in no way, shape, or form attempts to discuss how life came about.
i would be open to any idea about how life started if you had something to back it up with...
So, the creation theory has what proof besides a book and a lot of human made artifacts. Its easy to fool the human animal. So far, both the theories are baseless nonsense. To many galaxies to count should get your gray matter thinking. Each galaxy has the potential for life.....more advanced then earths. Its a high probability.....beyond possible. Better odds than creation or evolution. Creation and evolution did play a part in the third theory........the earth is a floating petri dish, humans are the specimens.

St. Croix valley

#74585 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, like i said, if they are saying a foot in the arrowhead region, that will mean two or more up in the hills where we're at. they never get that right, but they have no measuring stations in the area. some of the mountains closer to the shore do, like Lutsen or Eagle mountain area, but not up where we are...

after so many times of the shore getting 6" and us getting over 18" my neighbor had to start bringing photos in to work with him so they would believe him...

St. Croix valley

#74586 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that inanimate objects have intelligence.
I said that science copies intelligent processes OF the Universe...
And the fact that they are more advanced in concept to be applied to technology for advancement, makes them obvious intelligent concepts.
No, no it doesn't. not in the sense that they were designed by an intelligence.

of course we would copy systems in the universe where we were formed! that's ;like being surprised that we are made up of the most common elements of the universe....duh...

Location hidden

#74587 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, i cannot, but they have been detected by those that could point them out to you.

i know they are not alive, but they most certainly could have been on the earth. if htey can form in space or exist in space from some other point of origin, theycertainly could have been resent on teh Earth from very early on, or even come togethr here.

thus, you just rain and rocks statement isn;'t nearly correct. there would have been organic molecules.
"there would have been organic molecules"

There is no proof of that.
A mere guess of what might have been 4 billions years ago.
Rain and rocks that's all there was.
No atmosphere, no air, no oxygen.
Just rain and rocks.

Location hidden

#74588 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah! i'll be at the third day of a Chili and Tequila party! i doubt i will even notice!
Who's holding that?

Sounds like a bad morning after.:)

St. Croix valley

#74589 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>So, the creation theory has what proof besides a book and a lot of human made artifacts. Its easy to fool the human animal. So far, both the theories are baseless nonsense. To many galaxies to count should get your gray matter thinking. Each galaxy has the potential for life.....more advanced then earths. Its a high probability.....beyond possible. Better odds than creation or evolution. Creation and evolution did play a part in the third theory........the earth is a floating petri dish, humans are the specimens.
Wow! just wow!

actually, the theory of evolution is not baseless, it has a huge amount of corroborating evidence...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 3 min -patricia- 256
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 52 min UnderstandPeople 28,608
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,013
I'd rather... (Oct '11) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 1,827
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 2 hr Hey 264
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 2 hr Bill 281
Waitress Hits Lottery, Won't Quit Job 2 hr Friends in ARIZONA 10
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr wichita-rick 1,078
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr Enzo49 20,533
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 7 hr Enzo49 416
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,515
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE