Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,509)

Showing posts 70,161 - 70,180 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>why are you a man pretending to be a womann....the question is not answered????
I remember writing a song. but it's a metaphor.

The Man I Am

When the evil does no any good
Find the love that you once understood
let your freedom take you to the Path
There is love, there is hate, but no time to wait

We willl fly like thereís no tomorrow
Make it higher than anyone can stand
When you see that I can take it like a man
Be the man, be the man I am

When in times of trouble, learn to fight
Carry on, and everything will be right
Itís no use to cry now even children try
We just live and die but donít say goodbye

I can move the strongest mountain
I say prayers that can bear it all
Be the man, be the man

Be the man, be the man
Be the man, be the man
Be the man I amÖ

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are showing that you have a total lack of knowledge about science and the scientific method.
Science is doing what it always does...and you have no clue.
Um, science is not alive with a will of it's own.

I hate to break it to you, but your mythology is just that ... a myth.

People are doing what they always do, however, if that is what you meant.

And screwing things up, including science. That is inevitable.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if Ricky Santorum and his crowd had their way they would be...
Santorum. The dude who couldn't even carry his home state in the primaries.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what more interesting ideas would those be?
Care to buy an imagination?

Really? You can't think of anymore MORE interesting about our vast universe and our amazing knowledge than ... evolution.

You just made the case for the lack of evolution with you own personal self.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
It's not enough.
200,000 years humans have been around.
Not a single deviation from the norm.
The same holds true for every other species, millions of years, no changes.
The DNA is astoundingly rigid and unyielding. Darwin didn't count on that, the model assumed that nature WANTED changes to continue to develop and become better.
It has not proven true. There is not the tinest fraction of mutations necessary to even begin a transition.
The model fails.
Breeders have been able to produce a wide range of breeds among animals they've worked with. The variations they have to work with are the same as those for natural selection. There goes your claim.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Why have you brought religion into this?
There is no evidence for evolution. Not one bit. The theories do not hold. The mutations do not occur. The fossil record does not confirm. Science itself dictates the evolutionary model has no standing. It is a REASONABLE theory, but after 150 years of still filling in countless, and infinite gaps, the evidence just isn't there. Modern biology no longer can be used to support it, life is far more complex than ever Darwin could have guessed at.
And it was Christians that advanced the theory of evolution more than anyone else in its humble beginnings. There was never a motive for Christians to denounce it, as it does not in any way conflict with theology. There is no motive or conspiracy against evolution, and never was.
And it is NOT modern knowledge. It is archaic, outdated, and outmoded in light of todays science. No other pursuit has done more damage to the scientific community than the continued pursuit of a bad dream that is evolution.
You are the flat-earther. But it takes people waking up, and removing the bias of such phrases of "well established facts" which is nothing more than an intellectual disgusting way of saying something is true without any evidence.
Go to your local library and check out Jerry Coyne's book "Why Evolution is True" read it, and then get back to us.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the scientific community always lets challengers come forth, but to change a well established theory, one needs some serious proof.
look at the sestablished clovis man theory. Evidence seems to be building against it but as yet, no-one has been able to definitively prove it is wrong. tons oand tons of work being done on trying to find that evidence and those people are not scoffed at or ridiculed, but their findings are severely reviewed.
this is how science works. evidence and review.
Not so.

Manmade climate change and evolution are maintained as absolute, and anyone that challenges them in any university, anywhere in the Western world not given a chance to challenge either.

That is well attested and confirmed.

The experience of Galileo was not an isolated incident. It is a human problem, we fear change, and the scientific community is not immune from human nature.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Santorum. The dude who couldn't even carry his home state in the primaries.
the man who openly stated he wants to turn the US into a theocracy....and he was the number 2 guy for the GOP...

i fear for my country...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the scientific community always lets challengers come forth, but to change a well established theory, one needs some serious proof.

look at the sestablished clovis man theory. Evidence seems to be building against it but as yet, no-one has been able to definitively prove it is wrong. tons oand tons of work being done on trying to find that evidence and those people are not scoffed at or ridiculed, but their findings are severely reviewed.

this is how science works. evidence and review.
Science is so broken that its still calling three theories, theories when they been proven (yes proven) to fail. And that's not including the evolution myth.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to buy an imagination?
Really? You can't think of anymore MORE interesting about our vast universe and our amazing knowledge than ... evolution.
You just made the case for the lack of evolution with you own personal self.
Ummm. dude, you are mixing at least three different fields of science together.
fields that have very disparate and far flung ranges of study.

you really have absolutely no idea what you are toalking about. Please stop. it hurts to watch people make such fools of themselves.

( on the upside, me posting your comments on my daughters site might in fact help get increased funding for STEM studies in this country....)

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that you use the term "something out of nothing" shows you don't have even the slightest idea of the hteory you think you can debunk.
try to learn the basics of the theory first, lest you continue to look so foolish.
Not at all.

Either the universe always existed, or it emerged from somewhere.

All scientific evidence points to an expansion of the universe with no chance of it coming back together. So that pretty much crushes the the static state theory, that's why it was rejected, and replaced with the Big Bang theory.

I simplify for the simple minds, such as yourself.

Rest assured, woody, I know more about science than you will ever know, in many different fields, and history as well. I have a vast storehouse of information. Do you?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean I will die and my existence will end like ALL others...yes.

no god, gods or goddesses have ever been shown to ever have existed, regardless of what your cult tells you to parrot.
Yes you most certainty will die.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is so broken that its still calling three theories, theories when they been proven (yes proven) to fail. And that's not including the evolution myth.
you do not understand what a scientific theory is.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
Manmade climate change and evolution are maintained as absolute, and anyone that challenges them in any university, anywhere in the Western world not given a chance to challenge either.
That is well attested and confirmed.
The experience of Galileo was not an isolated incident. It is a human problem, we fear change, and the scientific community is not immune from human nature.
if they could provide evidence that would suggest a rational study that shows contrary results, they surely would be funded.

See, you really do not understand how that field works, yet you feel free to wank on about ceaselessly.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>EXploded?!? seriously? that is the numbver one sign to look for that the commenter has not one clue as to what thye are talking about...
your making as ass out yourself, dude.
I wasn't aware I was before a panel of learned men.

Sorry I state things in laymen's terms so that people like you might better understand the basics.

But you are just whining at this point. You know you have nothing. You've been whining about me coming along as challenging your world view since the beginning.

Not a single person has provided supporting evidence for evolution. Not one of you has explained how there are another mutations to make the theory work.

You just lean on more learned men and women than yourself, and point to their articles as the authority, and proclaim them to be right, without checking the evidence yourself.

That makes you a religious fanatic. How does that make you feel?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Either the universe always existed, or it emerged from somewhere.
All scientific evidence points to an expansion of the universe with no chance of it coming back together. So that pretty much crushes the the static state theory, that's why it was rejected, and replaced with the Big Bang theory.
I simplify for the simple minds, such as yourself.
Rest assured, woody, I know more about science than you will ever know, in many different fields, and history as well. I have a vast storehouse of information. Do you?
you know more about science than i yet you say the bing bang was an explosion? that it came from nothing?

no, you just proved that you do not, in any way, no more about this than i do, or my grandson and he is not even in schoolyet.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't know what POE stands for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the theory of evolution predicted that island inhabitants would evolve faster.
fool.
No, they predicted they would CHANGE faster. Once again, your using the wrong word, not the evolutionary model. It does not support the model at all, just the fact that things CHANGE.

No one can argue that things don't change. Adopting to a new environment is evidence of change ... not evolution.

Oh look, it's cold.

Let me put on a jacket.

I've changed my form, and my outside appearance.

Evolution!

See how foolish you are? You don't even understand the very science you proclaim to support.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Breeders have been able to produce a wide range of breeds among animals they've worked with. The variations they have to work with are the same as those for natural selection. There goes your claim.
the fact that all dogs came from one species would be another good example. ion only 15,000 years or so...

Hmmmm...what happened to that millions of years bullshit?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they predicted they would CHANGE faster. Once again, your using the wrong word, not the evolutionary model. It does not support the model at all, just the fact that things CHANGE.
No one can argue that things don't change. Adopting to a new environment is evidence of change ... not evolution.
Oh look, it's cold.
Let me put on a jacket.
I've changed my form, and my outside appearance.
Evolution!
See how foolish you are? You don't even understand the very science you proclaim to support.
no, it predicted they would evolve faster.and they have. more of that evidence you say doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,161 - 70,180 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 4 min Marissa 2 2,624
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 11 min FTW Forever 2,248
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 12 min Independent 871
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 15 min night machine 3,731
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min what 5,160
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 19 min night machine 4,465
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 23 min night machine 1,232
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min Tucson Dave 11,638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min Alexis_B 131,611