Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,141 - 70,160 of 115,249 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74548 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans did not come from two created people"
Pretty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!
So were did humans come from if not two other humans?
the evidence points to hominids branching off the great apes line 9 or both of us branching off a common line, to be more correct.)

but it is a fact that humans did not come from two created beings, and certainly not two genetically identical beings, both are physically impossible...we know that didn't happen.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74549 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
God should have been capitalized.
since it is a generic consept, no, it shouldn't.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74550 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well apparently you are an inanimate object and have no intelligence, because you are part of the Universe, and a process of the Universe.( by the theory of evolution)
your logic is faulty.

i am a living, breathing thing, which we know are capable of intelligence. inanimate objects are not. because i am part of a larger inanimate object does not give that object intelligence.

Do your toenail clippings have intelligence? no.

you do not get to make up stuff and say that is a fact...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74551 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who would deny god if there was overwhenlming evidence? would that be like you deny the overwhelming evidence that yur religion lied you and is based on lies? Hmmmm...

why isn't there even one shred of evidence that even hints at the existence of any gods? not even one? why is that?
Do You Capitalize the Word "God"?

One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word “god.”

The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God,”(in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized.
For example, you’d capitalize “God” in this sentence:

Some Christians give thanks to God before every meal.

When referring to gods in general, however, or using the word "god" descriptively, keep it lowercase:

The Romans believed a god named Jupiter ruled the heavens.
The Greek gods were always causing trouble for humans.
The same rule holds true for Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, and the names of gods in other religions. They are capitalized.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74552 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no human knows. but the fact that the universe is here is in no way proof of any god, gods or goddesses.
Wrong!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74553 Feb 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have not answered the questions presented.
Go on begging the questions.
He;s pointing out that you are crossing several different areas of science..showing you do not really understand what you ae talking about..(not that anyone was in doubt about that...)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74554 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i will look the same as you. just like every other living thing.
do you believe ants go to heaven?
Oh!
You are forgetting the words, " image and likeness".
Ants or other creations, except humans are not created in the image and likeness of God.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74555 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who would deny god if there was overwhenlming evidence? would that be like you deny the overwhelming evidence that yur religion lied you and is based on lies? Hmmmm...

why isn't there even one shred of evidence that even hints at the existence of any gods? not even one? why is that?
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74556 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>halfway tween...yeah we need snow the deeper the better, the colder the better....
Sunday were getting another foot!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74557 Feb 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!
You are forgetting the words, " image and likeness".
Ants or other creations, except humans are not created in the image and likeness of God.
So god created intelligent, feeling creatures and then abondons them for eternity? wow hes even more of a prick than the bible makes him out to be...sad..very sad.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74558 Feb 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!
You are forgetting the words, " image and likeness".
Ants or other creations, except humans are not created in the image and likeness of God.
how 'bout the Neandertals?

oh that's right hominids on the Earth at the same time as humans, but your god didn't create them...hmmm

Were they created by the other gods that your jealous god mentioned ?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74559 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your logic is faulty.
i am a living, breathing thing, which we know are capable of intelligence. inanimate objects are not. because i am part of a larger inanimate object does not give that object intelligence.
Do your toenail clippings have intelligence? no.
you do not get to make up stuff and say that is a fact...
So me saying you are part of the Universe, and a process of the Universe is making stuff up?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74560 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "
I'm not trying to insult anyone. don't expect me to refer to your god as divine just because you believe he is.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74561 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the evidence points to hominids branching off the great apes line 9 or both of us branching off a common line, to be more correct.)

but it is a fact that humans did not come from two created beings, and certainly not two genetically identical beings, both are physically impossible...we know that didn't happen.
Ya much more likely that we came from one single cell, a self life generating cell. A cell that self life generated when all there was on the planet was rocks and rain.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74562 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "
Wouldn't assuming to know why other people do things be considered a tad smug. why should anyone waste their time with someone like that? would you?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74563 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>since it is a generic consept, no, it shouldn't.
That's incorrect. When talking of an omni point God as in the one in the Bible or Quran or Torah then God should be capitalized.

Look it up you'll see.
Here straight from an atheist web page

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74564 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya much more likely that we came from one single cell, a self life generating cell. A cell that self life generated when all there was on the planet was rocks and rain.
there are amino acids in space. sorry charlie..again, research, then post.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74565 Feb 7, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect. When talking of an omni point God as in the one in the Bible or Quran or Torah then God should be capitalized.
Look it up you'll see.
Here straight from an atheist web page
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "
You may think one should do that. go ahead. i'm not stopping you.
alan

Kansas City, MO

#74566 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>what question did you ask me?
if it took this long for stars to create and planets to amass enough heavy metals to be minable and refinable..why would you think there are so many more advanced civilizations than us?
please elaborate on your incredibly vague answer of "experience"...
Does not matter, the human mind is already made its decision. Creation or evolution, two choices....pretty sad. If you knew of a third choice could you accept it....Does your mind have the capability to handle the truth? Most humans do not. It takes comprehension beyond current human levels.Reading and thought are tied together.Regurgitating info you hear or read is natural, being able to think beyond that is exceptional.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74567 Feb 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So me saying you are part of the Universe, and a process of the Universe is making stuff up?
No, saying i can't have intelligence because i am part of the universe is making stuff up./

saying that because living beings in the universe have intelligence means the universe has intelligence is making stuff up.
inanimate objects do not have intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Enzo49 145,277
The ALPHABET Game (May '11) 7 min Jennifer Renee 10,756
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 10 min dragoon70056 1,842
The letter E (Jun '13) 11 min Debra27 881
Topix has another FLAT! 13 min latent uselessness 2
GMGMike's Bar And Grill (Jan '10) 19 min Debra27 20,336
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 22 min Chilli J 18,596
Fergson Police Dept. 36 min Gregory Bryant 404
What's your tip for the day? 46 min Debra27 813
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Enzo49 28,510
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••