Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,507)

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do not understand what a scientific theory is.
Do you know what science claims is does with a proven failed theories?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware I was before a panel of learned men.
Sorry I state things in laymen's terms so that people like you might better understand the basics.
But you are just whining at this point. You know you have nothing. You've been whining about me coming along as challenging your world view since the beginning.
Not a single person has provided supporting evidence for evolution. Not one of you has explained how there are another mutations to make the theory work.
You just lean on more learned men and women than yourself, and point to their articles as the authority, and proclaim them to be right, without checking the evidence yourself.
That makes you a religious fanatic. How does that make you feel?
Don't give me that " i was dumbing it down for you" bullshit. You clearly tried to use the argument that something from nothing like the big bang was impossible.

you are not very good at logic...are you?

i know you are not very good at lying, or thrying to cover uyp your mistakes with lies.

seriously, dude, you are making a bigger fool of yourself the longer you try to back up shit you do not comprehend.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We have heard many people who have said that, but today where are they? they are dead and buried. Fighting God or trying to disprove God, is like fighting death or trying to disprove death.
LOL! I'd bet you were actually drooling when you typed that!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, Mr. Know all, give me the translation of the words into?
"into" is only one word

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what science claims is does with a proven failed theories?
Depends..did it fail entirely or just part of it?

gracity is afailed theory , do you not believe in gravity?

which particular theories are you refering to?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that all dogs came from one species would be another good example. ion only 15,000 years or so...

Hmmmm...what happened to that millions of years bullshit?
Russia did it in 50 years.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/03/tam...

The fox-farm experiment's role in unraveling that complexity is all the more remarkable for how it began. The Soviet biology establishment of the mid-20th century, led under Joseph Stalin by the infamous agronomist Trofim Lysenko, outlawed research into Mendelian genetics. But Dmitry Belyaev and his older brother Nikolay, both biologists, were intrigued by the possibilities of the science. "It was his brother's influence that caused him to have this special interest in genetics," Trut says of her mentor. "But these were the times when genetics was considered fake science." When the brothers flouted the prohibition and continued to conduct Mendelian-based studies, Belyaev lost his job as director of the Department of Fur Breeding. Nikolay's fate was more tragic: He was exiled to a labor camp, where he eventually died.

Secretly, Belyaev remained dedicated to genetic science, disguising his work as research in animal physiology. He was particularly consumed with the question of how such an incredible diversity of dogs could have arisen from their wolf ancestors. The answer, he knew, must lie at the molecular level. But even outside the Soviet Union, in the 1950s, the technology to sequence an animal's genome—and thereby try to understand how its genes had changed through history—was an impossible dream. So Belyaev decided to reproduce history himself. The silver fox, a fellow canid and close cousin of dogs that had never been domesticated, seemed the perfect choice.

Lyudmila Trut's first job as a grad student, in 1958, was to travel around to Soviet fur farms and select the calmest foxes she could find, to serve as the base population for Belyaev's experiment. The prohibition on genetic studies had thawed since Stalin's death in 1953, and Belyaev set up shop in Siberia at the newly minted Institute of Cytology and Genetics. Still, he was careful to frame the study only in terms of physiology, leaving out any mention of genes. Trut recalls that when Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev arrived to inspect the institute, he was overheard to say, "What, are those geneticists still around? Were they not destroyed?" Protected by the careful politics of Belyaev's boss and favorable articles on genetics written by Khrushchev's journalist daughter, the fox-farm experiment quietly began.

By 1964 the fourth generation was already beginning to live up to the researchers' hopes. Trut can still remember the moment when she first saw a fox wag its tail at her approach. Before long, the most tame among them were so doglike that they would leap into researchers' arms and lick their faces. At times the extent of the animals' tameness surprised even the researchers. Once, in the 1970s, a worker took one of the foxes home temporarily as a pet. When Trut visited him, she found the owner taking his fox for walks, unleashed, "just like a dog. I said 'Don't do that, we'll lose it, and it belongs to the institute!'" she recalls. "He said 'just wait,' then he whistled and said,'Coca!' It came right back."

Simultaneously, more of the foxes began to show signs of the domestication phenotype: floppy ears retained longer in development and characteristic white spots on their coats. "At the beginning of the 1980s, we observed a kind of explosion-like change of the external appearance," says Trut. The research had expanded to include rats in 1972, followed by mink and—for a brief period—river otters. The otters proved difficult to breed and the experiment was eventually abandoned, but the scientists were able to shape the behavior of the other two species in parallel with the foxes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends..did it fail entirely or just part of it?

gracity is afailed theory , do you not believe in gravity?

which particular theories are you refering to?
Falsification. An important point here is that if the prediction fails then the theory must be discarded or changed. If it was really his superior intelligence, then the prediction would be that the two friends would either agree that only his shadow had the aura, or perhaps they would see no aura at all (because of their inferior intelligence!). The simple observation that each sees his own aura falsifies his theory because not all three can have an intelligence superior to both the others.

These three steps are usually repeated over and over, often refining the theory after each set of new observations or experiments, with increasingly difficult testing hurdles for the theory to overcome. The most valuable theories are those which make precise and risky predictions, which could easily disprove the theory if they failed.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Falsification. An important point here is that if the prediction fails then the theory must be discarded or changed. If it was really his superior intelligence, then the prediction would be that the two friends would either agree that only his shadow had the aura, or perhaps they would see no aura at all (because of their inferior intelligence!). The simple observation that each sees his own aura falsifies his theory because not all three can have an intelligence superior to both the others.
These three steps are usually repeated over and over, often refining the theory after each set of new observations or experiments, with increasingly difficult testing hurdles for the theory to overcome. The most valuable theories are those which make precise and risky predictions, which could easily disprove the theory if they failed.
No, if a prediction of a scientific theory fails one does not always throw out the whole theory.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want evidence for something like vampires and Dracula.
Eye C.
Have you seen the Twilight Saga? That explains why wolves can turn into humans. lol
Actually, Cybele, i was mistaken. i have seen magic...

i had been dinking scotch at my favorite pub with a stranger when the barkeep called time and we stumbled into the parking lot. i was calling a cab when my partner in drunkeness said " if you pay for my cab ride home, i have some nice 20 year old at home and i'll show you my talking gong that can tell time."

Intrigued, and drunk, it sounded plausible so we went to his flat and had a nice pour of the scotch.

"So where's this magic gong, dude." i asked

We went into his bedroom and there, above the wall over his bed was this huge gong. he grabbed the stick and gave it a huge swing...GOOONNNGGG!!!!

as the reverberations ceased he held up his hand in the world-wide symbol for 'wait for it' and this loud voice emanated from the wall..

"It's Four-thirty in the freakin' morning you jackass!!"

magic gong....

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Tell me how the universe came into form?
How is an Evolutionist responsible for explaining that?
Tell me why despite our level of intelligence in the Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences we still end up dying?
How is an Evolutionist responsible for explaining that?

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Cybele, i was mistaken. i have seen magic...
i had been dinking scotch at my favorite pub with a stranger when the barkeep called time and we stumbled into the parking lot. i was calling a cab when my partner in drunkeness said " if you pay for my cab ride home, i have some nice 20 year old at home and i'll show you my talking gong that can tell time."
Intrigued, and drunk, it sounded plausible so we went to his flat and had a nice pour of the scotch.
We went into his bedroom and there, above the wall over his bed was this huge gong. he grabbed the stick and gave it a huge swing...GOOONNNGGG!!!!
as the reverberations ceased he held up his hand in the world-wide symbol for 'wait for it' and this loud voice emanated from the wall..
magic gong....
sounds like you had some good times

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Satan sucks

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Cybele, i was mistaken. i have seen magic...

magic gong....
That's not real magic. You guys were ten minutes late!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not real magic. You guys were ten minutes late!
We were in Labrador at the time, so we were really 20 minutes early...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Eloteman wrote:
Satan sucks
Not very well...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? You all keep saying there's evidence yet none has been presented. Until you do, claiming there's evidence is a lie.
Like I said before...the Universe as a whole, is all the evidence you'll ever need...observable, ant testable.

Your failure to recognize, such a obvious self evident truth is the mystery here, not the Universe.

The very fact that science copy's processes that exist ( alot of time right to the letter) in the Universe to advance technology, is undeniable proof that these processes are intelligent processes, not non-intelligent as you claim.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before...the Universe as a whole, is all the evidence you'll ever need...observable, ant testable.
Your failure to recognize, such a obvious self evident truth is the mystery here, not the Universe.
The very fact that science copy's processes that exist ( alot of time right to the letter) in the Universe to advance technology, is undeniable proof that these processes are intelligent processes, not non-intelligent as you claim.
You keep using that word proof...

i do ot think that word means what you think it means...
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn..........So, how in the world are the technologies known to humans today going to make contact with advanced beings or earth like life forms?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn..........So, how in the world are the technologies known to humans today going to make contact with advanced beings or earth like life forms?
What makes you think there are more advanced beings than humans on Earth?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is refuting real science here.
Somewhere these boneheads came up with the idea that if you don't believe in their theoretical ideologies of such things as big bangs and evolution, that you denying everyday science such as cars, computers etc.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

273 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 2 min Bezeer 5,649
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min Bezeer 6,198
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 13 min wondering 3,787
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 16 min wondering 28,317
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min wondering 14,779
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 29 min Nobody 2 Special 2,048
30,000 post wins (May '13) 29 min Concerned_American 689
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr CJ Rocker 141,198
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 34,925
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 3 hr beatlesinthebog 29
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 hr Denny CranesPlace 15,584
•••
•••