Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,507)

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of105,891
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Yahoo, the site you listed forgot that there are two driving forces to evolution. Variation, of which mutation is only part, and natural selection. The writer of your article forgot about natural selection which cleans up the harmful mutations from the genome. Animals with harmful mutations are less likely survive, much less breed, which is what they would have to do to pass on their harmful mutations.
That looks like it might be the work of John Sanford. A creationist who's idea was almost instantaneously debunked.
I don't think that was forgotten, there was just no need to mention it. We already know natural selection is very much a part of the model.

And yes, of course natural selection would eliminate the bad mutations, and enhance the good ones.

That still leaves the very real and critical problem of there not being even a fraction of the mutations, good or bad, necessary to allow change.

If evolution is valid, we need another model. One that works.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you can't guess how many mutations occur in the human genome per generation. Not even close.(Hint: it's a BUNCH.)
It's not enough.

200,000 years humans have been around.

Not a single deviation from the norm.

The same holds true for every other species, millions of years, no changes.

The DNA is astoundingly rigid and unyielding. Darwin didn't count on that, the model assumed that nature WANTED changes to continue to develop and become better.

It has not proven true. There is not the tinest fraction of mutations necessary to even begin a transition.

The model fails.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not lie, I have no god to lie for so I see no need. In fact one of my pet hates is liars, I have no tolerance for lies and hence my dislike of you and people like you. People who make sh|t up based on a bronze age superstition to suite themselves and then hoik it is “Truth”– look up the meaning of the word truth.
What I showed you was dictionary definitions not lies you snivelling puss infested godbot moron – look we can all call names you don’t need to be a deliberately ignorant godbot to do that
What god? You still have not offered ***any*** ANY *** A – N – Y *** evidence, not one scrap, not ever - that a god exists. Just because you are unable to use your “god given” brain is not my problem
God almighty is the first or beginning( creator) and the last or end( judgement) also known as the Alpha and the Omega. Go on with your ignorance.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes fossil records do support evolution. The fossil record supports the ascent of homo sapiens for about 4 million years in an unbroken chain of transition. The genetic record goes even further.
My hobby is the study of a small section of that 4 million years. Cro-Magnon man, only a few tens of thousand years but there is considerable evolutionary skeletal and cranial difference between those early h. sapiens and modern h. sapiens.
It’s not what someone told me but what I can see with my own eyes, feel with my own hands and measure using my intellect.
In my understanding of those studies I have also looked (with my own eyes) at the fossil and geological evidence that takes me back half a million years.
The record exists, I have seen some of it, it is not that someone told me it’s that I HAVE SEEN IT
P.S. the skull you see as my avatar is a transitional artefact. I have held it, I have examined it, I have compared it to a modern skull of the same species and I have compared to fragments of a 38,000 years old skull o the same species. It lies in between, it is transitional between the two. That species is us, homo sapiens, human beings.
No they don't.

It shows that many, many species don't change at all. There is no evidence of transition from one to another whatsoever. That is what the fossil record shows.

The gaps are still great gulfs. How long do we need to fill in the gaps? A 1000 years?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, you cannot change the attributes of nothing, thank you for confirmation that you are unable to provide any evidence for the existence of god. It must be really hard for people like you in today’s modern and technological society to keep up your incredulity in ignorance of fact.
More of the puss infected garbage you dribble from your mouth. Now tell me do you want to continue this verbal abuse in your gods name or have you actually got something valid to offer?
My guess is you will continue your verbal abuse and I will continue retaliating because you have f_ck all to offer.
Retaliating? Lol
you have no clue, go on with your ranting and frustrations. Like i said, no one can disprove the existence of God, they can only assert(s).
More of your shit, more?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan zeroing in on me.
Oh so petty.
You do not know enough to make an argument.
That is ignorance.
Study for years on end and learn the old languages, the methods of archeology and then we can maybe talk.
There is simply not a shred of tangible evidence.
No more than London featuring in a Harry Potter book.
I'm not worried about the jews tribal Torah and Tanakh.
The bond with all the testaments except yours, since they did not deal with abolishers, is still there for them.
But the books that are not confirmed at all, are to be found in your replacement theology.
That socalled 'new' testament.
But you will probably never get, why that is a slur.
Nor what it implies. Nor who fabricated it.
And without the hebrew books they fall.
Everone with a bit of knowledge knows this.
You can not say that because you steal from another religion, therefore your religion that even denies G-d is thus true.
Hence the Stolen Scriptures.
We have heard many people who have said that, but today where are they? they are dead and buried. Fighting God or trying to disprove God, is like fighting death or trying to disprove death.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single bit of evidence supports evolution. Every single bit.
There has not been even one piece of evidence refuting evolution. NOT ONE.
You are blinded by your fear of death. Without your belief in god, your life has no meaning, so you lie to yourself even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Someday you may grow up and realize that evolution says absolutely nothing about the existence or nonexistence of any god. It is your juvenile and literal interpretation of the bible, an ancient text written by ignorant men, that forces you to reject established fact lest your whole belief system crumbles into dust.
The vast majority of christians have finally come out of their bible induced fog and accepted that evolution is fact. You are in an ever shrinking minority of willfully ignorant believers who cannot adapt to modern knowledge and you will be-you ARE being-pushed further and further to the outermost fringes of civilization.
It's the 21st century, for god's sake. Get with the program or get left out.
It's really up to you. You are clinging to a rapidly sinking ship with lifeboats all around you.
LOL!!!

Why have you brought religion into this?

There is no evidence for evolution. Not one bit. The theories do not hold. The mutations do not occur. The fossil record does not confirm. Science itself dictates the evolutionary model has no standing. It is a REASONABLE theory, but after 150 years of still filling in countless, and infinite gaps, the evidence just isn't there. Modern biology no longer can be used to support it, life is far more complex than ever Darwin could have guessed at.

And it was Christians that advanced the theory of evolution more than anyone else in its humble beginnings. There was never a motive for Christians to denounce it, as it does not in any way conflict with theology. There is no motive or conspiracy against evolution, and never was.

And it is NOT modern knowledge. It is archaic, outdated, and outmoded in light of todays science. No other pursuit has done more damage to the scientific community than the continued pursuit of a bad dream that is evolution.

You are the flat-earther. But it takes people waking up, and removing the bias of such phrases of "well established facts" which is nothing more than an intellectual disgusting way of saying something is true without any evidence.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles! THINK!!!! WITCH!!!!! To date!
Unknown, just think!
Next shit?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's a prime example of the bullshit. If you want to dispute the evidence, take your best shot. But to say there is none *IS* bullshit.
There IS NO EVIDENCE. Therefore, nothing to dispute. The scientific community for well over a century has failed to sustain it with evidence they THOUGHT would present itself in the near future. Even Darwin admitted this, and knew that evolution was BS unless more evidence was found.

It hasn't been found. Zero evidence.

Enough is enough. How long are you going to waste our time pushing flat-earth theories? You might as well pretend the static state theory is still valid, too. Scientists also clung to that with bitterness despite all the evidence, because the big Bang sounded too religion for their taste.

Religious prejudices, maybe that is why you still cling to the past?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yet here you are not getting over it and not moving on.
No, that would be the 150 year old theory that you people can't let go.

:)

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Move on to what? You're rejecting creationism. You're rejecting evolution. So what comes next?
Or are you here merely to criticize and offer nothing?
Um, REAL SCIENCE. Like space travel, food production, solving serious social problems, sociology, political science, technology, colonization of other worlds, terraforming ... etc.

Why are you so obsessed with how we got here? Quit wasting time and ENJOY LIFE AND MOVE ON.

Evolution has become a sick, almost religious obsession with the past, and the rejection that many things will always be a mystery.

I'm ok with mysterious, because there is a great deal more important things for scientists to be interested in. There is the future.

Quit dwelling on the past.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I *know* what it symbolizes, jackass. It's still not a translation.
So, Mr. Know all, give me the translation of the words into?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
There is no evidence for evolution. Not one bit. The theories do not hold. The mutations do not occur. The fossil record does not confirm. Science itself dictates the evolutionary model has no standing. It is a REASONABLE theory, but after 150 years of still filling in countless, and infinite gaps, the evidence just isn't there. Modern biology no longer can be used to support it, life is far more complex than ever Darwin could have guessed at.
And it was Christians that advanced the theory of evolution more than anyone else in its humble beginnings. There was never a motive for Christians to denounce it, as it does not in any way conflict with theology. There is no motive or conspiracy against evolution, and never was.
And it is NOT modern knowledge. It is archaic, outdated, and outmoded in light of todays science. No other pursuit has done more damage to the scientific community than the continued pursuit of a bad dream that is evolution.
You are the flat-earther. But it takes people waking up, and removing the bias of such phrases of "well established facts" which is nothing more than an intellectual disgusting way of saying something is true without any evidence.
the basic premise in your first paragraph is faulty, that is why you have come to a faulty conclusion. thereis, in fact, evidence to support it, as has been shown to you.

i think your previous statement of making this decision of yours without outside evidence, but by your own thoughts says it all...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty cool.
I see it all the time.
Please elaborate. you would be the very first in the world to have such evidence...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles dating a mirror?
A succubus...anomymous has selective escatological theology on his mind!
tsszzzizzling
nah, just that after heavy dining, as the clergy did, feeling of compressed long-space, when lying down.
But they nowadays still do exorcisms, and explain the physiological phenomena still in that way...if you are a man.
Say the truh and you...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We have heard many people who have said that, but today where are they? they are dead and buried. Fighting God or trying to disprove God, is like fighting death or trying to disprove death.
No need to fight or disprove something that has zero evidence to even begin a discussion about it...it would be like disproving the Easter bunny, not worthy of serious discussion until some evidence of its existence is shown.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this argument. As if no scientists would want to overturn evolution, become world famous and claim his or her $1,000,000+ Nobel Award.
Ever hear of Galileo?

Mmmm?

No, it is not so easy for the scientific rebels to challenge a community that believes in "well established facts" and has no interests in hearing alternative theories.

While the burden of proof must always remain with the challenger to the status quo, it is cheating to not even let a challenger come forth, and scoffing, laughing, and cutting funding before it even began.

It's a human problem. Humans can be really stupid, even as scientists.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Ok.

You're a POE.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this because God encoded DNA for all intelligent life in his lab, the planets in the universe, where elements were also created. He's not only a Scientist but also a Mathematician, Artist, Architect, and all that.
You are right, atheistic evolution hinders the progress of real science because life could not have started by natural processes on its own. They believe in MUTATION. I believe in PERMUTATION.
I also think there is intelligent life in other planets or galaxies.
Ah, I see. Well, that is more honest a position than most atheists hold here.

Once people realize the model is a fraud, then we can move on to other interesting ideas.

But currently, the scientific community is very much afraid of change, and is holding science back.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, REAL SCIENCE. Like space travel, food production, solving serious social problems, sociology, political science, technology, colonization of other worlds, terraforming ... etc.
Why are you so obsessed with how we got here? Quit wasting time and ENJOY LIFE AND MOVE ON.
Evolution has become a sick, almost religious obsession with the past, and the rejection that many things will always be a mystery.
I'm ok with mysterious, because there is a great deal more important things for scientists to be interested in. There is the future.
Quit dwelling on the past.
Once again you are showing that you have a total lack of knowledge about science and the scientific method.

Science is doing what it always does...and you have no clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of105,891
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••