Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,507)

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of111,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that you use the term "something out of nothing" shows you don't have even the slightest idea of the hteory you think you can debunk.
try to learn the basics of the theory first, lest you continue to look so foolish.
Not at all.

Either the universe always existed, or it emerged from somewhere.

All scientific evidence points to an expansion of the universe with no chance of it coming back together. So that pretty much crushes the the static state theory, that's why it was rejected, and replaced with the Big Bang theory.

I simplify for the simple minds, such as yourself.

Rest assured, woody, I know more about science than you will ever know, in many different fields, and history as well. I have a vast storehouse of information. Do you?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean I will die and my existence will end like ALL others...yes.

no god, gods or goddesses have ever been shown to ever have existed, regardless of what your cult tells you to parrot.
Yes you most certainty will die.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is so broken that its still calling three theories, theories when they been proven (yes proven) to fail. And that's not including the evolution myth.
you do not understand what a scientific theory is.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
Manmade climate change and evolution are maintained as absolute, and anyone that challenges them in any university, anywhere in the Western world not given a chance to challenge either.
That is well attested and confirmed.
The experience of Galileo was not an isolated incident. It is a human problem, we fear change, and the scientific community is not immune from human nature.
if they could provide evidence that would suggest a rational study that shows contrary results, they surely would be funded.

See, you really do not understand how that field works, yet you feel free to wank on about ceaselessly.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>EXploded?!? seriously? that is the numbver one sign to look for that the commenter has not one clue as to what thye are talking about...
your making as ass out yourself, dude.
I wasn't aware I was before a panel of learned men.

Sorry I state things in laymen's terms so that people like you might better understand the basics.

But you are just whining at this point. You know you have nothing. You've been whining about me coming along as challenging your world view since the beginning.

Not a single person has provided supporting evidence for evolution. Not one of you has explained how there are another mutations to make the theory work.

You just lean on more learned men and women than yourself, and point to their articles as the authority, and proclaim them to be right, without checking the evidence yourself.

That makes you a religious fanatic. How does that make you feel?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Either the universe always existed, or it emerged from somewhere.
All scientific evidence points to an expansion of the universe with no chance of it coming back together. So that pretty much crushes the the static state theory, that's why it was rejected, and replaced with the Big Bang theory.
I simplify for the simple minds, such as yourself.
Rest assured, woody, I know more about science than you will ever know, in many different fields, and history as well. I have a vast storehouse of information. Do you?
you know more about science than i yet you say the bing bang was an explosion? that it came from nothing?

no, you just proved that you do not, in any way, no more about this than i do, or my grandson and he is not even in schoolyet.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't know what POE stands for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the theory of evolution predicted that island inhabitants would evolve faster.
fool.
No, they predicted they would CHANGE faster. Once again, your using the wrong word, not the evolutionary model. It does not support the model at all, just the fact that things CHANGE.

No one can argue that things don't change. Adopting to a new environment is evidence of change ... not evolution.

Oh look, it's cold.

Let me put on a jacket.

I've changed my form, and my outside appearance.

Evolution!

See how foolish you are? You don't even understand the very science you proclaim to support.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Breeders have been able to produce a wide range of breeds among animals they've worked with. The variations they have to work with are the same as those for natural selection. There goes your claim.
the fact that all dogs came from one species would be another good example. ion only 15,000 years or so...

Hmmmm...what happened to that millions of years bullshit?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they predicted they would CHANGE faster. Once again, your using the wrong word, not the evolutionary model. It does not support the model at all, just the fact that things CHANGE.
No one can argue that things don't change. Adopting to a new environment is evidence of change ... not evolution.
Oh look, it's cold.
Let me put on a jacket.
Evolution!
See how foolish you are? You don't even understand the very science you proclaim to support.
no, it predicted they would evolve faster.and they have. more of that evidence you say doesn't exist.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yeah, and here is more of the science that is not being performed by scientists who don't really believe in the Theory of Evolution that answers a question about the development of lungs.

BRAND NEW, AS OF TODAY (2/7/2013).

CT scans help answer question of how fish lungs evolved.

February 7th, 2013 in Biology / Evolution

http://phys.org/news/2013-02-ct-scans-fish-lu...

( Phys.org )—One of the great problems of evolution is to understand how the major features of organisms have changed over great swaths of time. How did limbs evolve from fins? How did bird feathers arise from scales?

The lung is a major organ of great functional importance for vertebrates (animals with backbones). Since the mid-19th century, most biologists have thought that in living fishes, gas bladders—internal bags of air to which fishes can add or eliminate oxygen to control buoyancy—are simply a modified version of an ancestral pair of lungs. Others think lungs and gas bladders are completely different organs.

New research at Cornell using computed tomography (CT) technology has gone a long way toward showing that lungs and gas bladders really are variations of the same organ.

Watch the QuickTime video of the scan of a Florida gar: down through the spine, out to the inside surface of the interlocking sheath of heavy scales that encases a gar, and then into the central chamber of the gar's swim bladder, traveling all the way to the front of the swim bladder, just behind the head.

By proving that several ray-finned fishes, namely sturgeons and paddlefishes, as well as bowfin, have pulmonary arteries like those that supply the lungs of vertebrates, the researchers show that the common ancestor of all these fishes must have originally had lungs supplied by a pulmonary artery.

The micro-CT enabled researchers to look at resolutions of 25 microns, about the width of a human hair. "This is biology as we've never been able to see it before," said Amy McCune, co-author of the study and professor and chair of ecology and evolutionary biology. "We're studying biological diversity from the inside out."

The paper's lead author, Sarah Longo '11, a graduate student at the University of California-Davis, began the research for her honors thesis with McCune. Mark Riccio, director of the Cornell Multiscale CT Facility in the Institute of Biotechnology, is also a co-author; the paper was published Feb. 5 in the online version of the Journal of Morphology.

"Using our state-of-the-art, high-resolution X-ray CT scanners, we noninvasively created 3-dimensional datasets that could be examined from multiple perspectives," explained Riccio. By studying the CT scans of blood vessels filled with X-ray opaque barium in lungfishes, bowfin and several other related fishes, the Cornell researchers showed that other fishes in the lineage that includes bowfin actually have tiny vestigial pulmonary arteries, which branch off from a parent vessel in the same way that pulmonary arteries branch in tetrapods and lungfishes. The arteries in gas bladder fish, therefore, are actually vestigial pulmonary arteries that have been co-opted for new functions. The researchers hypothesize that this evolutionary change occurred either by the loss of respiration or by dorsal shifts in the anatomical structures of these fishes.

Longo points out that scientists have known about the vestigial arteries for a long time, but because traditional dissection and corrosive casting techniques lose detail, no one made the connection with pulmonary arteries. "One of the great things about this research was that by using a new technique and having an undergraduate look at it with fresh eyes we found something new," says Longo.

Provided by Cornell University

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, it's cold.
Let me put on a jacket.
Evolution!
so dude, still waiting for those "more interesting' theories to replace evolution...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you know more about science than i yet you say the bing bang was an explosion? that it came from nothing?
no, you just proved that you do not, in any way, no more about this than i do, or my grandson and he is not even in schoolyet.
Yo-yo rejects evolution. Yo-yo rejects creationism. Yet here he is on a forum entitled Evolution vs. Creation telling the rest of us to get a life and move on.

Pretty damn funny when you think about it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you most certainty will die.
nad that is the end of my existence. like every other living creature. done. fini. pfft.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, science is not alive with a will of it's own.
I hate to break it to you, but your mythology is just that ... a myth.
People are doing what they always do, however, if that is what you meant.
And screwing things up, including science. That is inevitable.
Please tell us about your mythology.

You don't seem to have sufficient gravitas to have discovered that modern day science is wrong and you know how and why that is. Do you have science degrees in ALL the relevant fields that somehow impact on evolutionary theory??

Perhaps you could take some time and write up a paper on how wrong today's scientific take on evolution is. All you're doing here is stating that, in your opinion, this science is ALL wrong. We need details.

Science has already stated it's opinion and provided proof, we need to see yours proof.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I state things in laymen's terms so that people like you might better understand the basics.
But you are just whining at this point. You know you have nothing. You've been whining about me coming along as challenging your world view since the beginning.
Not a single person has provided supporting evidence for evolution. Not one of you has explained how there are another mutations to make the theory work.
You just lean on more learned men and women than yourself, and point to their articles as the authority, and proclaim them to be right, without checking the evidence yourself.
No. not even close, but nice try. a religious fanatic buys onto a cult with no evidence whatsoever.

i look at evidence and rationally decide whether to agree with it or not.

you can't even get those terms right, just parroting what you heared otheres say without checking the veradcity of the argument. you sir, seem to be the fanatic.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do not understand what a scientific theory is.
Do you know what science claims is does with a proven failed theories?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give me that " i was dumbing it down for you" bullshit. You clearly tried to use the argument that something from nothing like the big bang was impossible.

you are not very good at logic...are you?

i know you are not very good at lying, or thrying to cover uyp your mistakes with lies.

seriously, dude, you are making a bigger fool of yourself the longer you try to back up shit you do not comprehend.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We have heard many people who have said that, but today where are they? they are dead and buried. Fighting God or trying to disprove God, is like fighting death or trying to disprove death.
LOL! I'd bet you were actually drooling when you typed that!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, Mr. Know all, give me the translation of the words into?
"into" is only one word

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,121 - 70,140 of111,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••