Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,502)

Showing posts 70,021 - 70,040 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I thought i read them all, but it continues:
yY wrote:
The official response is that homosexuality is unnatural and disordered, and the resurrected body would suffer no such imperfections or disorders. But then again, the official response is that making no attempt to restrain homosexual desire means you won't get to heaven in the first place.
end quote

Where do you get that indeed. The same place where they dish out the prejudice. Are all homosexuals temple-protitutes? No, well than the BS is all yours.

So if they straighten their act a bit to order, officials would have less trouble with it.
The resurrected body can't suffer the touch of the now ordered cloths by the imperfect women.
(The bible says so)
So to test the vigor of his resurrected state against male avances he went to see his mates, and opening his ordered raincoat stated: "guy's it is me, my body in resurrected state."
(The bible does not say so)
Then he ate some fish and walked away. Quite pleased with himself.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Move on to what? You're rejecting creationism. You're rejecting evolution. So what comes next?
Or are you here merely to criticize and offer nothing?
He read half then concluded the math was wrong.
Everything else must be catatonic religion.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
...and a rare few that desperately write scientific journals to keep the charade going lest they lose their careers.
I love this argument. As if no scientists would want to overturn evolution, become world famous and claim his or her $1,000,000+ Nobel Award.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of evidence is a logical and valid reason to dismiss the claim. The Exodus myth has no evidence, therefore it is dismissed as myth, otherwise leprechauns are also real, there is no evidence that they are not real.
Langoliers wrote: I have 4 archeologists in my family and none claimed that? <- questionmark. Well and what are we to do with the pesky thing?
Conclude that they are in entirely different fields of archeology?
That he never asked? Nor that they offered?
That 4 is not exactly representative nor peer-reviewed...
Though they can always check each other.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
My conclusions about evolution based on its own principles is not based on any outside evidence. It is self-evident.
"...not based on any outside evidence."

Wow.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this argument. As if no scientists would want to overturn evolution, become world famous and claim his or her $1,000,000+ Nobel Award.
Instead of paying tax they offer awards?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single bit of evidence supports evolution. Every single bit.
There has not been even one piece of evidence refuting evolution. NOT ONE.
You are blinded by your fear of death. Without your belief in god, your life has no meaning, so you lie to yourself even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Someday you may grow up and realize that evolution says absolutely nothing about the existence or nonexistence of any god. It is your juvenile and literal interpretation of the bible, an ancient text written by ignorant men, that forces you to reject established fact lest your whole belief system crumbles into dust.
The vast majority of christians have finally come out of their bible induced fog and accepted that evolution is fact. You are in an ever shrinking minority of willfully ignorant believers who cannot adapt to modern knowledge and you will be-you ARE being-pushed further and further to the outermost fringes of civilization.
It's the 21st century, for god's sake. Get with the program or get left out.
It's really up to you. You are clinging to a rapidly sinking ship with lifeboats all around you.
Notice the judging.
An earnest tone and a serious content, without flaming whatsoever, really get's to them.

You can call'm f.i. festering scrophulous resurrected fishfungus of a dickwad candysucker....and you get a smilie. ;?))

And they go all conversationaly on you. Must be god-speek.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Yahoo, the site you listed forgot that there are two driving forces to evolution. Variation, of which mutation is only part, and natural selection. The writer of your article forgot about natural selection which cleans up the harmful mutations from the genome. Animals with harmful mutations are less likely survive, much less breed, which is what they would have to do to pass on their harmful mutations.
That looks like it might be the work of John Sanford. A creationist who's idea was almost instantaneously debunked.
Actually, if you roam the entire site, there's some interesting tidbits there:

"When I headed off to college (in 1949), I wrote an essay speculating on the possibility that some day we would be able to create a living organism from nonliving ingredients. By the time I finished my formal studies in biology having learned of the incredible complexity of even the simplest organism I concluded that such a feat could never be accomplished.

Now I'm not so sure.

Several recent advances suggest that we may be getting close to creating life."

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/Bio...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
"...not based on any outside evidence."
Wow.
Reminds me of when Aristotle set science back thousands of years, thinking we can percieve truth with our minds....

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
"Only the Real God is the Real Scientist"<quoted text>
Why do you say this?
I say this because God encoded DNA for all intelligent life in his lab, the planets in the universe, where elements were also created. He's not only a Scientist but also a Mathematician, Artist, Architect, and all that.

You are right, atheistic evolution hinders the progress of real science because life could not have started by natural processes on its own. They believe in MUTATION. I believe in PERMUTATION.

I also think there is intelligent life in other planets or galaxies.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Reminds me of when Aristotle set science back thousands of years, thinking we can percieve truth with our minds....
Yes, Woody, the Mind is all we need to find the truth. Mind power!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you roam the entire site, there's some interesting tidbits there:
"When I headed off to college (in 1949), I wrote an essay speculating on the possibility that some day we would be able to create a living organism from nonliving ingredients. By the time I finished my formal studies in biology having learned of the incredible complexity of even the simplest organism I concluded that such a feat could never be accomplished.
Now I'm not so sure.
Several recent advances suggest that we may be getting close to creating life."
http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/Bio...
I sort of half watched a horizon program about 6 months ago and it was suggested that true life from non living chemical ingredients is predicted within 10 to 12 years. Unfortunately I cant remember the name of the program so I need to wait for the repeat.

Artificial, self replicating life has been created in the laboratory
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7745868/Sc...

I also heard similar artificial molecules have been seen to evolve
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16382-a...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Woody, the Mind is all we need to find the truth. Mind power!
is that why Aristotle stated that women have a different number of teeth than men? see how well that works!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this because God encoded DNA for all intelligent life in his lab, the planets in the universe, where elements were also created. He's not only a Scientist but also a Mathematician, Artist, Architect, and all that.
You are right, atheistic evolution hinders the progress of real science because life could not have started by natural processes on its own. They believe in MUTATION. I believe in PERMUTATION.
I also think there is intelligent life in other planets or galaxies.
yet there is not one teensy bit of evidnece of ANY supernatural processes...ever. not one. not even Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat...

so with the lack of any supernatural events, that pretty much only leaves natural events doesn't it?

when you exclude the impossible, the remaining options, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I sort of half watched a horizon program about 6 months ago and it was suggested that true life from non living chemical ingredients is predicted within 10 to 12 years. Unfortunately I cant remember the name of the program so I need to wait for the repeat.
Great links! Thanks for posting them.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that! "sort of half watched..."

that's why I gave up TV so long ago...i used to sort of half watch $60/month of crap....

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that why Aristotle stated that women have a different number of teeth than men? see how well that works!
that's not mental, that's dental. lol

“you must not give faith”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
It is entirely correct. You are welcome to prove otherwise. No one has yet, and they've been working very hard to find a better model than currently exists.
Genetic engineering does not make new species, it changes current ones for some specific purpose, like seedless grapes.
But seedless grapes is not a positive change for evolution, as obviously, such grapes would go extinct the moment humans stopped growing them.
That is not evolution. Nor does it force evolution.
Now, if you have actual evidence of enough positive mutations occurring in any species that it created a new species, let's see the data. I assure you, you'd be a hero of the scientific community of you could pull that off.
:)
No need the hero has been already here just are just 3 examples
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanobrassica
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v403/n67...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_maggot
Please research before you assert! If you wont be this go away.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet there is not one teensy bit of evidnece of ANY supernatural processes...ever. not one. not even Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat...
so with the lack of any supernatural events, that pretty much only leaves natural events doesn't it?
when you exclude the impossible, the remaining options, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
So you want something the defies the laws of physics?

Let's see. UK seems to know stuff like Science.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/pla...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not mental, that's dental. lol
and yet his 'mind power' told him this was so...

too bad he didn't use his 'eye power'

( in Aristotle's defense, he was a HUGE Blackhawks fan....)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,021 - 70,040 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

244 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min _Word_Woman_ 14,740
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 11 min beatlesinthebog 137,080
Add a word and drop a word 14 min Bezeer 1,042
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 15 min Bezeer 6,220
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 16 min Denny CranesPlace 3,780
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 53,920
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 18 min Bezeer 5,644
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 26 min beatlesinthebog 18
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 1 hr beatlesinthebog 29