Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74409 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet there is not one teensy bit of evidnece of ANY supernatural processes...ever. not one. not even Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat...
so with the lack of any supernatural events, that pretty much only leaves natural events doesn't it?
when you exclude the impossible, the remaining options, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
So you want something the defies the laws of physics?

Let's see. UK seems to know stuff like Science.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/pla...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74410 Feb 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not mental, that's dental. lol
and yet his 'mind power' told him this was so...

too bad he didn't use his 'eye power'

( in Aristotle's defense, he was a HUGE Blackhawks fan....)

St. Croix valley

#74411 Feb 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want something the defies the laws of physics?
Let's see. UK seems to know stuff like Science.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/pla...
yes, I remember that. not really against the laws of physics, just something we don't understand.

the way Galaxies hold together is against the laws of physics we know, but since the laws of physics are the same in all points of observation (as far as we know) then the only logical conclusion is there is data we are not seeing or understanding.

still no supernatural event ever proved. ever. not one.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#74412 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet there is not one teensy bit of evidnece of ANY supernatural processes...ever. not one. not even Bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out of his hat...
so with the lack of any supernatural events, that pretty much only leaves natural events doesn't it?
when you exclude the impossible, the remaining options, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Holmes was probably responsible for my interest in science. I read just about everything written by Doyle when I was a kid.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74413 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet his 'mind power' told him this was so...
too bad he didn't use his 'eye power'
( in Aristotle's defense, he was a HUGE Blackhawks fan....)
Now you're just amusing me.

How do you know he's not a Devils fan?

St. Croix valley

#74414 Feb 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just amusing me.
How do you know he's not a Devils fan?
they don't play hard enough to lose teeth...

St. Croix valley

#74415 Feb 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Holmes was probably responsible for my interest in science. I read just about everything written by Doyle when I was a kid.
Sadly, I have read none. i shall endeaver to rectify this lapse in my bibliography...

i DID hang out at the first brew pub in MN called Sherlock's Home/Watson's Pub for many years...(classic old style English pub. Even the bar back was hand carved and brought over from an old English pub. award winning stouts and ales and a great selection of single malts...)

those were the days...

Level 5

above and beyond

#74416 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I remember that. not really against the laws of physics, just something we don't understand.
the way Galaxies hold together is against the laws of physics we know, but since the laws of physics are the same in all points of observation (as far as we know) then the only logical conclusion is there is data we are not seeing or understanding.
still no supernatural event ever proved. ever. not one.
So you want evidence for something like vampires and Dracula.
Eye C.

Have you seen the Twilight Saga? That explains why wolves can turn into humans. lol

St. Croix valley

#74417 Feb 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want evidence for something like vampires and Dracula.
Eye C.
Have you seen the Twilight Saga? That explains why wolves can turn into humans. lol
Evidence of anything supernatural would be something? i mean how cool would that be!

Level 5

above and beyond

#74418 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence of anything supernatural would be something? i mean how cool would that be!
Even if there was evidence, it wouldn't want to be in a stupid circus show with other freaks.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74419 Feb 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>By now, after listing to you guys for the last several years, I have become an expert in bullshit.
LOL

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74420 Feb 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why wouldn't there be when God invented sex. HAHAHA!
why are you a man pretending to be a womann....the question is not answered????

Level 5

above and beyond

#74421 Feb 7, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>why are you a man pretending to be a womann....the question is not answered????
WTF are you talking about?

Location hidden

#74422 Feb 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Lack of evidence is a logical and valid reason to dismiss the claim. The Exodus myth has no evidence, therefore it is dismissed as myth, otherwise leprechauns are also real, there is no evidence that they are not real.
Good move, now you think that lack of proof is proof. You can justify any way if think you think is right.

Just one thing. Prove that no proof is proof. You do that and I'll agree with you.( on the leprechauns )

Location hidden

#74423 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence of anything supernatural would be something? i mean how cool would that be!
Pretty cool.
I see it all the time.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74424 Feb 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t be stupid,(oh, sorry if you can’t help it) how can it die when there are gullible fools like you unwilling to accept proven scientific fact but would rather suckle on bronze age mythology and fall in line behind those who are earning a living out of fooling people?
Muslim terrorist believe that is thy die in jihad that will go to a place with 72 virgins to wait on there every need. No one has ever proven this true but it does not stop the terrorists.
E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent (infinite power/energy) being (Revelation 19:6 KJV) can exist in this universe because you exist.
DNA proves that genetic adam and genetic eve lives 80,000 years apart, yet the babble says otherwise
Biology shows that snakes and donkeys do not and have never been able to talk yet the babble says otherwise
The geological column proves that Noah’s flood was a crock, yet the babble says otherwise. Based on the mores of the time it was as good a story as any, but time and knowledge advances.
Astronomy proves that no supanova occurred to turn carbon into a column of salt, yet the babble says otherwise, actually it does not understand what it says and puts the whole thing down to god magic.
The roman archives and other documents show that the jesus of the babble was a terrorist who was crucified for his crimes
But I see that you have not yet bothered answering my question, whassup? No answer?
You have still not provided any evidence after all this time. Honey what is this showing, it is showing that you are a christian from nothing more than incredulity
More and more of rants will ever change who the almighty God is. You are going to end up like others, adding more nutrients to the soil.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74425 Feb 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Yahoo, the site you listed forgot that there are two driving forces to evolution. Variation, of which mutation is only part, and natural selection. The writer of your article forgot about natural selection which cleans up the harmful mutations from the genome. Animals with harmful mutations are less likely survive, much less breed, which is what they would have to do to pass on their harmful mutations.
That looks like it might be the work of John Sanford. A creationist who's idea was almost instantaneously debunked.
I don't think that was forgotten, there was just no need to mention it. We already know natural selection is very much a part of the model.

And yes, of course natural selection would eliminate the bad mutations, and enhance the good ones.

That still leaves the very real and critical problem of there not being even a fraction of the mutations, good or bad, necessary to allow change.

If evolution is valid, we need another model. One that works.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74426 Feb 7, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you can't guess how many mutations occur in the human genome per generation. Not even close.(Hint: it's a BUNCH.)
It's not enough.

200,000 years humans have been around.

Not a single deviation from the norm.

The same holds true for every other species, millions of years, no changes.

The DNA is astoundingly rigid and unyielding. Darwin didn't count on that, the model assumed that nature WANTED changes to continue to develop and become better.

It has not proven true. There is not the tinest fraction of mutations necessary to even begin a transition.

The model fails.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74427 Feb 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not lie, I have no god to lie for so I see no need. In fact one of my pet hates is liars, I have no tolerance for lies and hence my dislike of you and people like you. People who make sh|t up based on a bronze age superstition to suite themselves and then hoik it is “Truth”– look up the meaning of the word truth.
What I showed you was dictionary definitions not lies you snivelling puss infested godbot moron – look we can all call names you don’t need to be a deliberately ignorant godbot to do that
What god? You still have not offered ***any*** ANY *** A – N – Y *** evidence, not one scrap, not ever - that a god exists. Just because you are unable to use your “god given” brain is not my problem
God almighty is the first or beginning( creator) and the last or end( judgement) also known as the Alpha and the Omega. Go on with your ignorance.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74428 Feb 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes fossil records do support evolution. The fossil record supports the ascent of homo sapiens for about 4 million years in an unbroken chain of transition. The genetic record goes even further.
My hobby is the study of a small section of that 4 million years. Cro-Magnon man, only a few tens of thousand years but there is considerable evolutionary skeletal and cranial difference between those early h. sapiens and modern h. sapiens.
It’s not what someone told me but what I can see with my own eyes, feel with my own hands and measure using my intellect.
In my understanding of those studies I have also looked (with my own eyes) at the fossil and geological evidence that takes me back half a million years.
The record exists, I have seen some of it, it is not that someone told me it’s that I HAVE SEEN IT
P.S. the skull you see as my avatar is a transitional artefact. I have held it, I have examined it, I have compared it to a modern skull of the same species and I have compared to fragments of a 38,000 years old skull o the same species. It lies in between, it is transitional between the two. That species is us, homo sapiens, human beings.
No they don't.

It shows that many, many species don't change at all. There is no evidence of transition from one to another whatsoever. That is what the fossil record shows.

The gaps are still great gulfs. How long do we need to fill in the gaps? A 1000 years?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min -Lea- 25,445
Is it possible to....... 4 min Life after Love 513
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Judy 123 6,836
Man murders wife, shows parents her body on webcam (Apr '11) 5 min juegoskizi 76
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 7 min Judy 123 77,634
What's your tip for the day? 8 min liam cul8r 1,792
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Judy 123 40,704
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr _Evil-_-Bill_ 69
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr _hellbilly_ 152,344
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr dragoon70056 37,715
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 3 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 8