Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,961 - 69,980 of 114,586 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

HTS and others have made similar claims, and we never get anywhere but they always say: explain.
And then they do not read.

60-75 mutation every generation is what kids are born with anyway. What makes them unique.
25 huge genomic changes in the alleles is what humans probably (scientific term i.e. depending on the method used)had after the split from the simians , per 1 million years. resulting in about 125 major changes.
Those given a big population, would spread exponentionally.(The smaller ones also, but you would not notice it.)And deleterious ones would be neutralised due to genetic diversity.

----From a somewhat outdated 1995 textbook:
Say we have a very small population.
Then these condition can be of effect:

-Deleterious mutations fix at a high rate;
-Fixed alleles have large effect; and
-The reproductive excess of the population is small.

The factors that accentuate these three terms are sometimes contradictory. As
we show later, mutations of large effect are both rarer and less likely to fix.
---
So it would not just be about the number, because the genome has many loci, that can even be re-used for mutations.
We also make doubles.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MAAT wrote:
Blablabla
I see we are going nowhere fast then:
YY wrote:
The entire theory is anti-science. It has become so institutionalized, and the community so desperate to maintain the fallacy, that is is not wasting a staggering amount of energy, time, and money that could be better spent solving other serious world problems.
end quote
Another claim that needs to be validated.
So some people notice a pattern, observe, test, write it down, and try to explain what they observed. And way earlier then the 19th century.
Fine, no worries, tons of books are published every year that are actually total trash and just to entertain.
This theory however offers insights in medical conditions and cures and helps producing better harvests and better cattle a.s.o.
And now it totally eludes me as to where the waist is. Vague statement, populistic, stating everything and nothing...and oh yeah let's safe the word.
I.o.w. i'm waisting my time here and have so much more important things to do, but you people have taken the money i want and are keeping me from my saviour activities.
That actually sounds really pathetic.
Oh no!...another messiah complex.
Just as a courtesy, I haven't been, and will not be reading your posts, just in case you valued your time and had something better to do than insist I buy into your BS.

Just FYI.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yahoo, the site you listed forgot that there are two driving forces to evolution. Variation, of which mutation is only part, and natural selection. The writer of your article forgot about natural selection which cleans up the harmful mutations from the genome. Animals with harmful mutations are less likely survive, much less breed, which is what they would have to do to pass on their harmful mutations.

That looks like it might be the work of John Sanford. A creationist who's idea was almost instantaneously debunked.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ah no, you had better things to do.
And so far you have not convinved.
And Sub is trying to rescue you or rather your kid from embarrasment.
No use appealing to your better nature.

But did you read/interprete that article properly.
If homozygotous change is not good on the condon (lethal), well then we best had the usual heterozygotic codon change!:)

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Yahoo, the site you listed forgot that there are two driving forces to evolution. Variation, of which mutation is only part, and natural selection. The writer of your article forgot about natural selection which cleans up the harmful mutations from the genome. Animals with harmful mutations are less likely survive, much less breed, which is what they would have to do to pass on their harmful mutations.
That looks like it might be the work of John Sanford. A creationist who's idea was almost instantaneously debunked.
It allready started to sound familiar.

Ah well, they would do that. I mean simply plonk it here again, having skimmed some issue, but not aware that is was just debunked.
At least Shubee made the angle of approach obvious and the medical conditions made it more interesting.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a courtesy, I haven't been, and will not be reading your posts, just in case you valued your time and had something better to do than insist I buy into your BS.
Just FYI.
Don't fret.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

YY t was uneducational talking to you.
Just scoring some points here :)))

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Maybe you cold by a thought-compactor.
Have your thoughts stored on a bacteria f.i.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

cold by- could buy- good-bye

Off to town.
Have a nice day y'all.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Exactly. 75 mutations per person (a number that changes radically over time.)
Which is not even an iota of what is needed to effect change. You would need many THOUSANDS of mutations to get the whopping %1 of effective mutations of the total sum, to even BEGIN to effect change.
Bet you can't guess how many mutations occur in the human genome per generation. Not even close.(Hint: it's a BUNCH.)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such fossil record that supports this. The fossil records do not support evolution at all, or any such transitional period between species.
You are just regurgitating what someone told you at this point. I bet you don't have the faintest idea what the model of evolution actual is, do you?
Blind faith?
Unfortunately, this is probably how religions actual start. Blind followers of something they think is absolutely true.
Sad, really, that science is being destroyed from within.
Yes fossil records do support evolution. The fossil record supports the ascent of homo sapiens for about 4 million years in an unbroken chain of transition. The genetic record goes even further.

My hobby is the study of a small section of that 4 million years. Cro-Magnon man, only a few tens of thousand years but there is considerable evolutionary skeletal and cranial difference between those early h. sapiens and modern h. sapiens.

Its not what someone told me but what I can see with my own eyes, feel with my own hands and measure using my intellect.

In my understanding of those studies I have also looked (with my own eyes) at the fossil and geological evidence that takes me back half a million years.

The record exists, I have seen some of it, it is not that someone told me its that I HAVE SEEN IT

P.S. the skull you see as my avatar is a transitional artefact. I have held it, I have examined it, I have compared it to a modern skull of the same species and I have compared to fragments of a 38,000 years old skull o the same species. It lies in between, it is transitional between the two. That species is us, homo sapiens, human beings.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If a theory was 100% certain, then it would be a fact and not a theory.
You obviously do not quite understand the meaning of the word theory in scientific terms

I can quite understand this, you are obviously a godbot and just like the word truth you have no concept of the meaning outside of your faith.

In religion truth means what you believe in, in real-life truth means conformity to fact or actuality.

In religion theory means guess. In science a scientific theory explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable".

The theory explains the fact

The theory of gravity explains the fact that of gravity

The theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I will continue to ask you this question, if truly the bible and Christianity is false, both would have died out of existence, but the reverse were/ are the case. Instead both of them have passed many criticisms to date.
Dont be stupid,(oh, sorry if you cant help it) how can it die when there are gullible fools like you unwilling to accept proven scientific fact but would rather suckle on bronze age mythology and fall in line behind those who are earning a living out of fooling people?

Muslim terrorist believe that is thy die in jihad that will go to a place with 72 virgins to wait on there every need. No one has ever proven this true but it does not stop the terrorists.

E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent (infinite power/energy) being (Revelation 19:6 KJV) can exist in this universe because you exist.

DNA proves that genetic adam and genetic eve lives 80,000 years apart, yet the babble says otherwise

Biology shows that snakes and donkeys do not and have never been able to talk yet the babble says otherwise

The geological column proves that Noahs flood was a crock, yet the babble says otherwise. Based on the mores of the time it was as good a story as any, but time and knowledge advances.

Astronomy proves that no supanova occurred to turn carbon into a column of salt, yet the babble says otherwise, actually it does not understand what it says and puts the whole thing down to god magic.

The roman archives and other documents show that the jesus of the babble was a terrorist who was crucified for his crimes

But I see that you have not yet bothered answering my question, whassup? No answer?

You have still not provided any evidence after all this time. Honey what is this showing, it is showing that you are a christian from nothing more than incredulity

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be darned, god blessing a lyer through the mouth of a nay-sayer.
WITCH!
WITCH!

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are the one smoking, you bloody liar.
Alpha stands for beginning( first Greek letter) and Omega stands for end( last letter of the Greeks).
These are also the attributes of God, first and last, Moron.
I do not lie, I have no god to lie for so I see no need. In fact one of my pet hates is liars, I have no tolerance for lies and hence my dislike of you and people like you. People who make sh|t up based on a bronze age superstition to suite themselves and then hoik it is Truth look up the meaning of the word truth.

What I showed you was dictionary definitions not lies you snivelling puss infested godbot moron look we can all call names you dont need to be a deliberately ignorant godbot to do that

What god? You still have not offered ***any*** ANY *** A N Y *** evidence, not one scrap, not ever - that a god exists. Just because you are unable to use your god given brain is not my problem

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What do you know about the archaeological support for Hinduism, Taoism, or Shintoism to name only three of the thousands of religions in the world?
And worse, you do know that archaeologists claim that the Exodus never happened. In other words Archaeologists all the second book of the Bible bullshit.
Seen is believing and i hope you have eyes.
If one or two books are not yet verified, that does not invalidates the other books.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Vanity upon vanity is vanity!
Einstein, Newton and others whether they believed in God or not, never change the attributes of God, his existence and glory continues because he is God.
More of your shit.
This is true, you cannot change the attributes of nothing, thank you for confirmation that you are unable to provide any evidence for the existence of god. It must be really hard for people like you in todays modern and technological society to keep up your incredulity in ignorance of fact.

More of the puss infected garbage you dribble from your mouth. Now tell me do you want to continue this verbal abuse in your gods name or have you actually got something valid to offer?

My guess is you will continue your verbal abuse and I will continue retaliating because you have f_ck all to offer.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing of your ignorance and arrogance.
Christianity does not even have proof of the socalled jesus ever existing. Not a shred.
Everything they have is of a later date. As proof for the church existing and their story being told.
The Torah and Tanakh are not of your religion.
You claim but you have no entitlement, and your book outright denies their laws which was G-d's law.
But the archeology is of the people and for the people, and they are not your people. And that story is more interesting, for that points to how people actually lived. You can never proof Harry Potter to have actually existed. So nor can one with parabels.
Furthermore you are unaware of the archeological evidence for 10,000 plus other gods and goddesses and nature spirits and believesystems.
Ignorance, if i may add.
You are ignorant and clueless.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ignorance, if i may add.
Satan zeroing in on me.
Oh so petty.

You do not know enough to make an argument.
That is ignorance.

Study for years on end and learn the old languages, the methods of archeology and then we can maybe talk.
There is simply not a shred of tangible evidence.
No more than London featuring in a Harry Potter book.

I'm not worried about the jews tribal Torah and Tanakh.
The bond with all the testaments except yours, since they did not deal with abolishers, is still there for them.
But the books that are not confirmed at all, are to be found in your replacement theology.
That socalled 'new' testament.
But you will probably never get, why that is a slur.
Nor what it implies. Nor who fabricated it.

And without the hebrew books they fall.
Everone with a bit of knowledge knows this.

You can not say that because you steal from another religion, therefore your religion that even denies G-d is thus true.

Hence the Stolen Scriptures.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ignorance, if i may add.
Charles! THINK!!!! WITCH!!!!! To date!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••