Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74326 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
But I don't support Creationism, and make no arguments or assertions.
I am merely tired of so much time being wasted on flat-earth theories like evolution.
Get over it, and move on.
You might be some sort of rare animal, but I doubt it. Most people in the U.S. tend to fall into two they believe the theory of evolution or the creation myth. Or they might be somewhere in between.

So, I have one question for you. What do you believe and why?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#74327 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Evolution was universally embraced in the late 1800's before we knew much about biology at all. Catholics almost universally adapted it, and still do. Theistic evolution became the gold standard, and Christians have done more to advance the theory than atheists by FAR. It is, in fact, mostly a CHRISTIAN error, as the majority of scientists that promoted it in the beginning were Christians, and also Jews.
Same holds true for the Big Bang theory, which also was moved forward by Christians, while atheists denounced it and fought against it tooth and nail.
Not only are you lying, you then attempt to appeal to authority, knowing full well that majority support is not evidence of scientific validity. Every scientific organization ALSO once accepted Eugenics, and many other perverse theories. So what?
Humans makes mistakes all the times, including, and especially, scientists who are desperate to win approval and support to get more funding.
I have very little respect for people like you, sir. Such ignorance is almost unforgivable, and poses a very real threat to science and society in general.
Sorry my friend....you ARE wrong, all that I said is true.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74329 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, it is clear you do not understand the theory or its model.
The fossil record only supports the theory of evolution. It in no way supports creationism.
Funny.

I never made any claims for Creationism.

Making you the fool, again.

And no, the fossils do not support evolution. They are just sitting their minding their own business. Only people support evolution, the vast majority on faith, and a rare few that desperately write scientific journals to keep the charade going lest they lose their careers.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74330 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Yankee, you obviously have no clue how evolution works, how long it takes, or what the driving force of evolution are.
You cannot debunk an idea that you do not understand. All you can do is to look like a fool.
Try to ask reasonable questions.
Do you know what the theory of evolution predicts that we would see in the fossil record?
Aargh. Ask questions and we will give you answers. Make stupid statements and we will tell you that your statements are stupid and why.
Your choice.
Quite the opposite, actually. I know more about evolution than most,

I fully understand it. It is a very simple model.

And I do debunk it, because it debunks itself.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74331 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all of the point you tried to make you were wrong on.
So what part of evolution do you thinks is "anti-science".
P.S., it is a good idea to avoid creationist sites when it comes to looking for evidence and arguments. They are filled with liar and convicted felons.
My point?

I make no point. Evolution does. It makes the point of mutations being the catalyst of change over long periods of time.

No evidence supports that after many years of gathering evidence. The theory is no longer sustainable, but they keep coming up with creative new ways to keep it going, that is for sure.

The entire theory is anti-science. It has become so institutionalized, and the community so desperate to maintain the fallacy, that is is not wasting a staggering amount of energy, time, and money that could be better spent solving other serious world problems.

And do you keep bringing up Creationism? When have I ever supported it, or quoted from one? Is that part of your usually talking points when dealing with disagreement?

Very unscientific. A does not believe in evolution, therefore, A must be an evolutionist.

You are an idiot if you continue to talk about Creationists that have even LESS standing than evolutionists.

BOTH are enemies of science. BOTH are a massive waste of time and money.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74332 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be some sort of rare animal, but I doubt it. Most people in the U.S. tend to fall into two they believe the theory of evolution or the creation myth. Or they might be somewhere in between.
So, I have one question for you. What do you believe and why?
And most people are either "conservatives" or "liberals" too.

Americans have a nasty habit of putting politics and beliefs ahead of cold, hard, rational thought.

There is no "in between."

Either a theory has evidence, or it does not. No need to apply unscientific labels like "Evolutionist" or "Creationist" to the issue, as that is merely evidence of bias.

Now, you can explain or provide evidence of there being enough mutations to effect change in species, or you can step to the side, and let us get on with real science.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74333 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my friend....you ARE wrong, all that I said is true.
As I expected. No counter argument. No attempt to provide evidence for your beliefs. And no game.

Level 9

Patagonia

#74334 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have very little respect for people like you, sir. Such ignorance is almost unforgivable, and poses a very real threat to science and society in general.
It is religion that poses a real threat to society in general. Religion took over the Republican party the last 10-12 years or so, and is still trying to insert the Christian religion into our schools in contravention of the constitution.

They want to eventually control our government and impose christian laws. Some say George Bush was thinking of starting Armageddon and his 'Christian Cabinet' was egging him on.

I don't believe any atheists would fly airplanes into skyscrapers....it takes religion to do such dumb-ass things.

Christianity had a really bad reputation for killing those who don't believe in the early days, it is only fairly recently that it has been forced to calmed down. Religion has killed millions of people down through the years, for religious reasons.

I believe it is you who is ignorant bud.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#74335 Feb 6, 2013
Humans are not able to reproduce asexually. Asexual reproduction involves only mitosis.

In the human reproductive system sperm cells are formed by another type of nuclear division called meiosis in which cells with two sets of chromosomes form cells with only one set.

Mitosis is when the cells such as stem cells make identical copies of themselves.

---
Nevertheless parthegonesis begot what people callgods sons.
It happened more often in what some call heathen mythology.

So if that is true (being a christian it must be an article of faith.)

Then how does that fit in the idea of a non-flat earth creationist non-catalystic mutation?
And how do all the previous occurences fit in that model?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#74336 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny.
I never made any claims for Creationism.
Making you the fool, again.
And no, the fossils do not support evolution. They are just sitting their minding their own business. Only people support evolution, the vast majority on faith, and a rare few that desperately write scientific journals to keep the charade going lest they lose their careers.
Only an idiot who does not understand scientific evidence would make that claim.

So are you an idiot or do you want to learn how fossils support the theory of evolution?

And once again, I asked you what you believed and why. Are you ashamed of what you believe?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#74337 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans have a nasty habit of putting politics and beliefs ahead of cold, hard, rational thought.
Either a theory has evidence, or it does not. No need to apply unscientific labels like "Evolutionist" or "Creationist" to the issue, as that is merely evidence of bias.
Now, you can explain or provide evidence of there being enough mutations to effect change in species, or you can step to the side, and let us get on with real science.
I don't have to provide evidence of enough mutations for evolution. Talk to a geneticist for that. Since there are on average at least 75 mutations per person per generation I don't see why number of mutations is a problem. Do you?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#74338 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It is religion that poses a real threat to society in general. Religion took over the Republican party the last 10-12 years or so, and is still trying to insert the Christian religion into our schools in contravention of the constitution.
They want to eventually control our government and impose christian laws. Some say George Bush was thinking of starting Armageddon and his 'Christian Cabinet' was egging him on.
I don't believe any atheists would fly airplanes into skyscrapers....it takes religion to do such dumb-ass things.
Christianity had a really bad reputation for killing those who don't believe in the early days, it is only fairly recently that it has been forced to calmed down. Religion has killed millions of people down through the years, for religious reasons.
Sadly you are right.

I am no longer comfortable identifying with the Republican Party. They have left all sensible limited government Republicans behind.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74339 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I feel like educating people tonight.

Science only, no propaganda.

Yahoo, how old do you think the Solar System and the Earth are?
Hold on, I'm counting candles.

Level 9

Patagonia

#74340 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I expected. No counter argument. No attempt to provide evidence for your beliefs. And no game.
Provide evidence for what?

All you have to do is follow the creation/atheist argument and you know this stuff.

For 150+ years creationists have been predicting the fall of evolution....never happened, never will.

Common knowledge that all (real) science organizations support evolution.

Show me one who doesn't.

The organizations that groups like AiG, CRI, Discovery Institute, etc. don't count as they are religious funded establishments

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#74341 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You started with the our kind' and 'you people'.
Setting the tome unneccessary.

You made the point that the math does not compute.
IF YOU make the statement YOU must proof it.
You stated there are not enough mutations to effect perceptible change (in the lifetime of people or in general and in all species).
THEREFORE YOU must first show that this is the case.

It's just the normal debating rules.
Claim the evidence, you proof the evidence.
No labels just a scientificdiscussion between civilised people.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74342 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying again? Showing you utter lack of historical knowledge, yet again?

Religion poses no threat to anyone. People pose threats. religion is static.

No, Christians, as taxpayers, feeling disenfranchised and excluded from public discourse, took over the Republican Party, or are trying unsuccessfully, as current affairs suggest. Are you claiming they should have no voice, and no party in our democracy? How very fascist of you!

They have every right to control our government. All governments must be controlled by the people, and especially subject to some sort of moral authority, lest they attempt to BECOME the moral authority, and became a real danger and threat to the public good. Are you SUGGESTING that government should be exempt from moral authority? How very fascist of you!

No, it takes a really bad ideology OR religion to crash planes into buildings.

Which is why all terrorists organizations on the CIA list are MUSLIM and MARXIST, every last one of them. No capitalist terrorists, no Classic Liberal terrorists, no Libertarian terrorists ... just Muslims and Marxists ... oh, and I think one Buddhist one in Myanmar.

Christianity has no such reputation except for that which Protestants imposed upon it to justify their rebellion and political views, and later what Marxists dreamed up. Aside from the slander and outright lies about the Faith, Christianity is not only the best religion on earth, it is the very catalyst of all science and learning on the planet, hands down, with a civilization to prove it.

Religion kills no one. People do.

You old fraud, you are quite the conformist to secular humanist propaganda, aren't you? Do you get paid for that? Or are you that much of a fool?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74343 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot who does not understand scientific evidence would make that claim.
So are you an idiot or do you want to learn how fossils support the theory of evolution?
And once again, I asked you what you believed and why. Are you ashamed of what you believe?
Not a claim, it's a refutation of your claim, that remains unsupported.

No, you need to ask questions. You need to read the source material with an unbiased mind, if you can, and see for yourself how fossils don't do a damned thing for your anti-science cause.

I believe in science. Therefore, I cannot believe in evolution.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74344 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to provide evidence of enough mutations for evolution. Talk to a geneticist for that. Since there are on average at least 75 mutations per person per generation I don't see why number of mutations is a problem. Do you?
Yes you do. If you assert that evolution is correct, then show us the evidence.

Are you trying pass the buck?

Exactly. 75 mutations per person (a number that changes radically over time.)

Which is not even an iota of what is needed to effect change. You would need many THOUSANDS of mutations to get the whopping %1 of effective mutations of the total sum, to even BEGIN to effect change.

If you don't see how that is a problem, then you sink yourself thoroughly in a very deep and dark cesspool of total ignorance.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74345 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly you are right.
I am no longer comfortable identifying with the Republican Party. They have left all sensible limited government Republicans behind.
Mm, one thing we might agree on at long last.

So, you favor limited government?

Shocking, for an atheist. At least that means there is hope for you being a freethinker.:)

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74346 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence for what?
All you have to do is follow the creation/atheist argument and you know this stuff.
For 150+ years creationists have been predicting the fall of evolution....never happened, never will.
Common knowledge that all (real) science organizations support evolution.
Show me one who doesn't.
The organizations that groups like AiG, CRI, Discovery Institute, etc. don't count as they are religious funded establishments
I already refuted this, and told you that Christians, not atheists, advanced the theory of evolution.

No one has tried to denounce it until it was too late, and it was too entrenched, and too politically charged to be discarded as it would have under normal scientific scrutiny.

I don't even know who those organizations are. My conclusions about evolution based on its own principles is not based on any outside evidence. It is self-evident.

What is very interesting is how so many humans believe in such things without evidence, and convince themselves that it is valid to the point of total insanity. That must be a study unto itself, and one that will baffle many generations to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Vector aka Victor... 6,261
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 55
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min Doug77 3,531
'Pilfered' pumpkins end up pleasing pigs' palates 7 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 10 min Go Blue Forever 3,856
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 19 min Harrison Freebird 23,936
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 30 min okimar 46,029
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min CJ Rocker 149,130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 53 min Hoosier Hillbilly 22,262
True or False Game 1 hr -CatCiao- 442