Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,881 - 69,900 of 115,252 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74284 Feb 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? You all keep saying there's evidence yet none has been presented. Until you do, claiming there's evidence is a lie.
Likewise.
Tell me how the universe came into form?
Tell me why despite our level of intelligence in the Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences we still end up dying?
Why?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74285 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>I like how you begin with an ad hominem, and set the stage with hostility.

Viruses do not evolve. They just taught that class to my son in high school. Viruses are a whole study onto themselves that don't fit at all into the evolutionary model, as they cannot even agree whether a virus is alive or not.

In fact, biology is so complex now than it use to be, the very definition of life is up for grabs.

You have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from my 15-year old that just had a class on this very subject.

I'd laugh, if this level of gross unscientific misinformation was not such a total and complete danger to society in general.

And since evolution has NEVER been proven, there is no need. Eventually it will fall into the trash heap along with Eugenics and other defunct theories.
Nice post!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74286 Feb 6, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your syllogism, the other major religions of the world must be true too, then.
Are they?
Archaeologically speaking, little or NO!

Location hidden

#74287 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>my sentiments exactly...just faith and God...everything else is just the devil in details...lol
Yup.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74288 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain Markov's matrix for DNA evolution then. lol
That would be like reading genesis. i mean it tells you the past.
But fundies want to see worms turning into pink elephants.
And not visit a casiono with us to explain how evolution might have worked.
The higher the improbability the more they are convinced that evolution exists.
Or so they tell themselves.(As i stated before somewhere...i've given up trying to make sense of their fallacies and logic)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74289 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post!
It is bad form to applaud for idiotic posts.

Do you realize how many points he was totally wrong on?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74290 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Archaeologically speaking, little or NO!
Really? What do you know about the archaeological support for Hinduism, Taoism, or Shintoism to name only three of the thousands of religions in the world?

And worse, you do know that archaeologists claim that the Exodus never happened. In other words Archaeologists all the second book of the Bible bullshit.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74291 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be like reading genesis. i mean it tells you the past.
But fundies want to see worms turning into pink elephants.
And not visit a casiono with us to explain how evolution might have worked.
The higher the improbability the more they are convinced that evolution exists.
Or so they tell themselves.(As i stated before somewhere...i've given up trying to make sense of their fallacies and logic)
now you're just not making sense

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74292 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
I,m a forty year old man with a Bachelor's degree in science but your high school kid knows more... Wow OK, damn i guess i wasted a lot of money then .... Hey like they say, you cant fix stupid.. Good luck to you ..
Well, I lot of new science can happen in 25 years.

Indeed, you can't fix stupid. You should have known that people would learn about about science than you, and you should have known that your bachelors degree is not outdated.

You are a relic of the Cold War, old friend.

It's really quite amazing, actually, that you wouldn't expect 15 year olds to learn more than you in high school. There is a lot more information now, and there are computers.

Good grief. Are you serious, dude?

Level 5

Location hidden

#74293 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Archaeologically speaking, little or NO!
Showing of your ignorance and arrogance.

Christianity does not even have proof of the socalled jesus ever existing. Not a shred.

Everything they have is of a later date. As proof for the church existing and their story being told.

The Torah and Tanakh are not of your religion.
You claim but you have no entitlement, and your book outright denies their laws which was G-d's law.
But the archeology is of the people and for the people, and they are not your people. And that story is more interesting, for that points to how people actually lived. You can never proof Harry Potter to have actually existed. So nor can one with parabels.

Furthermore you are unaware of the archeological evidence for 10,000 plus other gods and goddesses and nature spirits and believesystems.

Location hidden

#74294 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It is bad form to applaud for idiotic posts.

Do you realize how many points he was totally wrong on?
Are you aware on how much he was correct on?

Again I will say it was a nice post.

Location hidden

#74295 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Really? What do you know about the archaeological support for Hinduism, Taoism, or Shintoism to name only three of the thousands of religions in the world?

And worse, you do know that archaeologists claim that the Exodus never happened. In other words Archaeologists all the second book of the Bible bullshit.
"archaeologists claim that the Exodus never happened"

I have 4 archaeologists in my family and none of them make that claim?

Lack of proof is no proof. You should know this.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74296 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
now you're just not making sense
What!
You actually want an explanation of markov's matrix and i presume the hidden one too, for DNA evolution.
Who's making sense.9-9
You ask people to google, if they want to learn how an estimate of possible realistic connections is calculated.
So if you google Hidden markov matrix you will find that the matrices become like a kind of 'roulettewheel'(the representation)
But that gives a better idea of lineage. As to what combination and option was responsible.
Just google.

But fundies want shattering proof. Poof out of thin air evolution. Women gave birth to monkey etc. Only then they believe.
Mention the word chance and they think of gambling and the devil.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74297 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee, your language demonstrates that you know very little of science and are in no position to judge evolution.
Let me help you. "Proof" is a mathematical term. You do not prove things in science. Hypotheses are developed into theories by testing, if theories fail the tests they are no longer theories. Evolution has been continually tested for over 150 years and it has passed every test. It is a well accepted scientific theory and a well accepted scientific theory is higher than a law in scientific hierarchy. That is because a law is just an observation of an event that always happens where a theory is the observation with an explanation. An observation that life evolves without an explanation would be a Law of Evolution. The Theory of Evolution tops that.
Next you are flat out wrong about viruses not evolving. Just because they are not the same sort of life as cellular life does not mean they cannot evolve. In fact by the most strict definition of evolution they do evolve.
Don't get your facts from lying creationist sites. It only makes you look like a fool.
Quite the contrary.

If I use proof incorrectly, it is out of habit to the majority who also use it incorrectly. You are correct on that count, but that by no means supports your assertion.

And no, evolution is not tested, and has never passed any test in the approximately 150 years its been around. Biology has only diminished its value as we have learned more, and the fossil records do not support it at all.

"In fact by the most strict definition of evolution they do evolve."

Strict definition? Did you think I would miss that? Yes, by the strict definition of evolution:

1. any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.
2. a product of such development; something evolved: The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.
3. Biology . change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.
5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

Which is NOT the theory of evolution, or the model.

Are you deliberately being dishonest by now truing to use non-scientific meaning of evolution? Or did it just happen to slip your mind?

And I don't need any help whatsoever from Creationists to detect a fraud. I rather miss evolution as the dominate world view, for entirely other reasons. But I can lie to myself no longer.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74298 Feb 6, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
On the surface, it seems logical.
If you add a smaller positive integer and a larger negative integer, you get a negative integer.
But it doesn't work that way.
If you run for office and your opponent gets more votes than you do, you lose the election.
But it doesn't work that way.
Rather, this is how it works:
favorable mutations are inherited, unfavorable mutations are not.
An unfavorable mutation could hurt a member's chances of surviving until child-bearing age.
An unfavorable mutation could also render a member unattractive, thereby hurting his or her chances of finding mates.
A favorable mutation, on the other hand, helps a member and helps that member's descendents.
A better analogy could be found in the arts and the media.
We forget everything which is unpopular and remember only that which is popular.
What songs did Petulah Clark sing besides "Downtown"?
Nobody knows and nobody cares.
What did Kyu Sakamoto sing besides "Sukiyaki"?
What operas did Englebert Humperdinck compose besides "Hansel and Gretel"?
Back to the topic:
What harmful mutations have taken place?
Don't feed the troll.

Not even with Memes...my goodness.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74299 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
What school does your son go too.
And then he teaches you what the thinks he remembers and then you think you can teach a.o. professors what it is all about.
Now understand why yo can't define anything, and why you get it all wrong.
i stopped reading. Virusses do mutate. And here we go what is mutation after but ....evolution.And surviving and be enhanced in a hostile environment.
You are unfit to be a parent...it seems the interpretation to what he learned came straight out of the creationist agenda.
When a virus evolves it becomes a blue parrot with an umbrella.
If not...it is not evolution.
Don't let those pseudo-scientists tell you otherwise!
Amen.
A public school, that is currently teaching what a virus is, and the debate on whether it is a living organism or not.

Oh, were you expecting it to be a private religious school? Sorry, I don't make that kind of money. But you attitude is noted, and disqualifies you from any rational discussions forthwith, since the subject was on viruses and someone else's absurd claim that they "evolve" which not even my son's very atheist, and very anti-religious biology teacher teaches. Fortunately, his brillance makes up for it in good, solid reasoning in just about everything but his assumption that evolution is valid. I let my son draw his own conclusions, FREE from propaganda and political bias from people like you that ruin science.

Don't post to me again. You are not fit to engage in any sort of discussion at all by your tone.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74300 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
As a christian your bias and there for can not be objective of the facts, so calling your self a scientist is a joke ...
Not at all.

I was an atheist when I began to be skeptical of evolution. I am also a major science fiction geek, that began to see common pattern in most fiction that assumed evolution was true, but never actual touched on the specifics.

I have a very intuitive mind.

I have only been a Christian for about 3 years.I rejected evolution at least 10 years ago, as self-evidently absurd. I researched all the journals I could get my hand on, and they all shocked me on their total lack of actual evidence, and unbelievable level of assumptions and misuse of language.

Sorry to disillusion you.

But anyone that adheres to evolution without checking, and rechecking the data for themselves, is the one suffering from bias. Your claim is a slap in the face of every Christian scientist since medieval times that has brought us to the current state of high technology, and deeply insulting.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74301 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably do not understand the evolutionary model.
Here is a fact for you, and if you are honest I will convince you that it is true: Their is literally a mountain of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution, and none that supports creationism.
No, by studying rhe model, it convinced me that it was false.

Mutations do no occur option enough to effect change in ANY species. And positive mutations that benefit natural selection are practically non-existent.

It's really not that hard, once you understand the simplicity of the model, and its most basic premise.

It is trash, pure and simple. And if YOU were honest with yourself, you would see it too as clear as day.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74302 Feb 6, 2013
3. Biology . change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
END QUOTE YANKEE YAHOO
Webster? Yahoo?

Where would YY get the idea that; the Theory of Evolution nor it's derived models, has nothing to do with biology?

FSTDT

quote:
Which is NOT the theory of evolution, or the model.

Are you deliberately being dishonest by now truing to use non-scientific meaning of evolution? Or did it just happen to slip your mind?

And I don't need any help whatsoever from Creationists to detect a fraud. I rather miss evolution as the dominate world view, for entirely other reasons. But I can lie to myself no longer.

end quote.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74303 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not, or there would be no issue.
You are asked to provide yours, since we had the science definitions allready hundreds of times.
So nothing comes...
Then read along but do shut up, for you make no viable contribution in this way.
If we can read it all for ourselves anyway, stop distracting us reading.
goodbye.
I told you, the scientific model ITSELF is the source.

The data provided by nearly 150 years of evolutionists is the SOURCE.

It is all there, clear as day, to obvious it is a testament to true potential of utter stupidly of humanity that it still remains in the scientific community.

The theory itself is the best, and greatest evidence against itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 145,321
Think you know who everyone is? (Feb '13) 27 min wichita-rick 457
What's your tip for the day? 54 min reebie 817
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Trouser Cough 29,157
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 54,415
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 40,151
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 1,843
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Sublime1 18,605
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981