Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,841 - 69,860 of 115,237 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#74243 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only true over a very long period of time, if you can find evidence of mutations.
Not true since humans have been around, which is a very short period of time.
It makes no logical sense when so few mutations occur, and so few of the mutations result in positive natural selection.
The fossil record proves nothing, it is just data to be interpreted like all other data.
As a scientist, I can offer no explanation of the origin of life. No one can if they are honest about the data. At this point, aliens creating us is more likely now than evolution.
As a Christian, God of course.
As a christian your bias and there for can not be objective of the facts, so calling your self a scientist is a joke ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74244 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The evolutionary model is my source.
Check it out for yourself.
I use only their definitions, I have no opinions of my own.
You probably do not understand the evolutionary model.

Here is a fact for you, and if you are honest I will convince you that it is true: Their is literally a mountain of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution, and none that supports creationism.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#74245 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thread?
Re-post:

The level of support for creationism among relevant scientists is minimal. Only 700 out of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists gave credence to creationism in 1987,[27] representing about 0.146% of relevant scientists. In 2007 the Discovery Institute reported that about 600 scientists signed their A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism list, up from 100 in 2001.[151]

The actual statement of the Scientific Dissent from Darwinism is a relatively mild one that expresses skepticism about the absoluteness of 'Darwinism'(and is in line with the falsifiability required of scientific theories) to explain all features of life, and does not in any way represent an absolute denial or rejection of evolution.[152]

By contrast, a tongue-in-cheek response known as Project Steve, a list of scientists named Steve who agree that evolution is "a vital, well-supported, unifying principle of the biological sciences," has 1229 Steves as of September 24, 2012. People named Steve make up approximately 1% of the total U.S. population.

The United States National Science Foundation statistics on US yearly science graduates demonstrate that from 1987 to 2001, the number of biological science graduates increased by 59% while the number of geological science graduates decreased by 20.5%.

However, the number of geology graduates in 2001 was only 5.4% of the number of graduates in the biological sciences, while it was 10.7% of the number of biological science graduates in 1987.[153] The Science Resources Statistics Division of the National Science Foundation estimated that in 1999, there were 955,300 biological scientists in the US (about 1/3 of who hold graduate degrees). There were also 152,800 earth scientists in the US as well.[154]

Therefore, the 600 Darwin Dissenters signing the A Scientific Dissent From Darwinism represent about 0.054% of the estimated 1,108,100 biological and geological scientists in the US in 1999. In addition, a large fraction of the Darwin Dissenters have specialties unrelated to research on evolution; of the dissenters, three-quarters are not biologists.[155] Therefore, the roughly 150 biologist Darwin Dissenters represent about 0.0157% of the US biologists that existed in 1999.

As of 2006, the list was expanded to include non-US scientists, overestimating the number of US scientists that do not accept evolution according to the Discovery Institute,[156] a known creationist lobby institution. Despite the increase in absolute number of scientists willing to sign the dissent form, and an increase in public support, proportionately the figures indicates the support from scientists for creationism and intelligent design is steadily decreasing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74246 Feb 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? What have you been smoking?
Definitions
Alpha
Noun
The first letter of the Greek alphabet, transliterated as a..
Omega
Noun
The twenty-fourth, and last, letter of the Greek alphabet, transliterated as o
English translation Alpha, the first letter of the Greek alphabet. Omega, the last letter of the Greek alphabet
The dictionary PROVES you wrong
You hypocritical moron
Or put another way
eta beta pi
You are the one smoking, you bloody liar.
Alpha stands for beginning( first Greek letter) and Omega stands for end( last letter of the Greeks).
These are also the attributes of God, first and last, Moron.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74247 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The evolutionary model is my source.
Check it out for yourself.
I use only their definitions, I have no opinions of my own.
You obviously do not, or there would be no issue.
You are asked to provide yours, since we had the science definitions allready hundreds of times.

So nothing comes...

Then read along but do shut up, for you make no viable contribution in this way.
If we can read it all for ourselves anyway, stop distracting us reading.

goodbye.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74248 Feb 6, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems the value has been properly set.
I agree... to materialists, it's absolutely worthless.lol

Level 5

Location hidden

#74249 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
my sentiments exactly...just faith and God...everything else is just the devil in details...lol
Then why do you and Langoliers quote from the bible.(fat dirty finger...must be the bible for the cover says so, says the wife that had some spelling in first grade.)

So the usual trinity of Faith..God...Lying.

Must be a cult too.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74250 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only true over a very long period of time, if you can find evidence of mutations.
It makes no logical sense when so few mutations occur, and so few of the mutations result in positive natural selection.
The fossil record proves nothing, it is just data to be interpreted like all other data.
As a scientist, I can offer no explanation of the origin of life. No one can if they are honest about the data. At this point, aliens creating us is more likely now than evolution.
Rules of debate: claiming is proving.
That goes for all statements.

But since you find this one so obvious:

How did your god do it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74251 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the real God is the real Scientist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74252 Feb 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure me of whatever you like it will make no difference to FACT
You want an explanation without the bother of learning and because that explanation is beyond your simple comprehension you ignore it anyway.
You want that explanation on topix without the bother of learning because you are too ignorant to bother learning.
Vanity upon vanity is vanity!
Einstein, Newton and others whether they believed in God or not, never change the attributes of God, his existence and glory continues because he is God.
More of your shit.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74253 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
How did your god do it.
It would scare the sh!t out of you.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74254 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
As a christian your bias and there for can not be objective of the facts, so calling your self a scientist is a joke ...
A bad joke.
At least xxxooxxx can make a joke at his own expence.

But this week i've been busy a.o. with figuring out the mechanism behind AD, Diab II and various other assorted symptoms.
So apart from hard science i ran into the effect of HFCS. That can make you stupid and fat in no time.
So being from a different continent i figured that the guy maybe once was a scientist that got 'fructosed' irrepairably.
And since, overthere, one can get 'degrees with corn-flakes boxes', it is hard for me to judge. ;P

Level 2

Location hidden

#74255 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Yes, it is a symbol. But not a translation as Chuckles the Clown maintains.
Clown, you do not understand spiritual matters. God is the source of life( alpha stands for that) and the end of life( omega stands for that).
Creation( beginning) and judgement( end).

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#74256 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If a theory was 100% certain, then it would be a fact and not a theory.
How hard do you have to work to maintain that level of ignorace? Consantly shutting out reality must take a lot of effort

Level 5

Location hidden

#74257 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It would scare the sh!t out of you.
Probably, but then i would have my G-D have the shit beat out of his god.
Biggur dickus, first right, copyrights and all that.
HA. i'll sue the pants off too. See if his believer still kiss his ass!

Level 2

Location hidden

#74258 Feb 6, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition. But still, if you ask "why is there anything rather than nothing", saying "God" answers nothing at all. Why is there God rather than nothing at all?
All you have done is plug in a magic word to try and make the question go away, and failed.
The real answer you are too terrified to accept? Nobody has a damned clue.
To your last statement, i will say faith can be applied in that capacity. We Christians believed that God almighty exist, because the evidence are all around us.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#74259 Feb 6, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I view atheism as a religious belief. The very idea that they know the absolute truth about what set off the big bang and...
Athrism is no belief in gods. Period. How do you work the big bang into the definition of atheism??

Level 5

Location hidden

#74260 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the real God is the real Scientist.
A rabbi stated paraphrased: "Showing us a different way that took billions of years of evolution is just G-ds way to show a truth when we can comprehend it."

Nothing in the hebrew book says evolution could not have happened.
The rest is christian devil-tranlations and details.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74261 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, not prooof in any way, shape or form or in any definition of the word proof. other than that...
nailed it!
No!
Nailed your self.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#74262 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To your last statement, i will say faith can be applied in that capacity. We Christians believed that God almighty exist, because the evidence are all around us.
What evidence? You all keep saying there's evidence yet none has been presented. Until you do, claiming there's evidence is a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Mister_ E 145,233
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 25 min Princess Hey 6,876
Fergson Police Dept. 27 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 375
Word Association. (Nov '10) 43 min Adrian DeVine 16,624
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 46 min curiouslu 77,239
Word Association (Jun '10) 47 min Adrian DeVine 26,212
Big dawg 51 min Princess Hey 400
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 28,504
What's your tip for the day? 6 hr SLY WEST 807
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 hr -Lea- 18,589
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••