Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,493)

Showing posts 69,841 - 69,860 of111,824
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what info is inadequate? please be specific...
may i just say that this thread is a bit inadequate although looking at how everyone is arguing over different ideas about the subject it makes me proud to be a Topix memember.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I view atheism as a religious belief. The very idea that they know the absolute truth about what set off the big bang and...
No religious beliefs here. But no reason to make debunking the god hypothesis my goal either. Not sure why the non religious would feel the need to do so.
I would say there is no god hypothesis. even a hypothesis needs to start from some grain of truth, doesn't it? How is a known lie worth even talking about?
THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>may i just say that this thread is a bit inadequate although looking at how everyone is arguing over different ideas about the subject it makes me proud to be a Topix memember.
hey stupid rib remember me??

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Based on present day human understanding, based on theoredical logic. Space beyond the universe must be included in the Big Bang theory, it is not. Its like trying to contact advanced alien beings using human based technology......not working, will never work.
Space beyond the universe?!? you didn't read the please be specific part, huh?

so yeah, since the big bang theory doesn't explain wormhole travel it can't be true , huh?

go back to scouting area 51 with you binocs, freak...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest fallacy ever propagated by atheists, is that to be a Christian one must know the letter of biblical law, which was directly addressed by the Christ.(Faith)
The rest of the forum is at standstill and here it's on fullspeed...2 pages behind.
I was looking for the reaction by yankee yahoo.

Around 1000 CE thereabouts everybody was even banned from reading it by the church.
And Augustine, said that people did not need to read or even know to read for the real believer would know the content by holy spirit transmission.
And than Paul: just believe and you are saved.
CHEAP...

It's not atheist that have the misconceptions, you could be forgiven for thinking that, but rather all those christians that just stab their fat dirty finger in a book that says BIBLE on the cover, quote at random and out of context and then claim the most stupid prejudice to be true. THE TRUTH as they say usually.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Space beyond the universe?!? you didn't read the please be specific part, huh?
so yeah, since the big bang theory doesn't explain wormhole travel it can't be true , huh?
go back to scouting area 51 with you binocs, freak...
Ah no, woodtick, poster has a point.
At least in as far as a whole was discoverred in the CMBR.
I've been curious evercinse.
And since the Higgs and a new finding, everone is busy revising mathematics to do with physics.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

whole-hole

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The mistakes yours, not mine...pay attention.
So we have shown that your "law' doesn't work in all situations. what was your description of a law again?

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid rib remember me??
WHAT!!!!!!! how did you find?? i done thought you left years ago. you couldnt beat me 6 years ago what makes you think you can now??? or are you just here to argue with others on evolution vs creation huh??? no matter have at it and see how long you last

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
?????
Science does not explore religious theology. Faith is a completely different concept.
Scientific inquiry is about things which can be studied rationally.
See that whats so funny...your really only using half your brain, because the right side deals with intuitional knowledge(right hemisphere of the brain)...in which theology uses both the rational(left hemisphere of the brain) and intuitional to come to rational conclusions.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Neutral observer how do you manage to be so consistently wrong about so many subjects.

We could call it the law of Neutral Observer.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of the forum is at standstill and here it's on fullspeed...2 pages behind.
Around 1000 CE thereabouts everybody was even banned from reading it by the church.
And Augustine, said that people did not need to read or even know to read for the real believer would know the content by holy spirit transmission.
CHEAP...
It's not atheist that have the misconceptions, you could be forgiven for thinking that, but rather all those christians that just stab their fat dirty finger in a book that says BIBLE on the cover, quote at random and out of context and then claim the most stupid prejudice to be true. THE TRUTH as they say usually.
pretty classic moves by cults. look at the first rule set out in the christian cult: "don't seek knowledge. Just do as you ae told and all will be perfect." ("oh, and give us your money.." "oh, and get otheres incdoctrinate..er saved and get them to gives us their money..")

yeah, cults hate it when their members learn about the religion behind the cult. best way to get them to leave...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT!!!!!!! how did you find?? i done thought you left years ago. you couldnt beat me 6 years ago what makes you think you can now??? or are you just here to argue with others on evolution vs creation huh??? no matter have at it and see how long you last
Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEAP...
you calling faith cheap?...well I guess it is...it's more than cheap, it's free...lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah no, woodtick, poster has a point.
At least in as far as a whole was discoverred in the CMBR.
I've been curious evercinse.
And since the Higgs and a new finding, everone is busy revising mathematics to do with physics.
hole in teh CMBR...yeah, maybe we bounced off another brane...maybe we didn't. it provides a different cause of the big bang, not a destruction of the theory.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?
I did ...good movie...even the character Vin Diesel played, even believed in God.lol

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
you calling faith cheap?...well I guess it is...it's more than cheap, it's free...lol
It seems the value has been properly set.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Science fiction...mostly modern day(science)mythology.

(like I said before a horse by any other name is still a horse)

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?
Have all of them...excellent.
Still waiting for the brainwave that will bring us the next.
But like a lot of good S.F. be it series of whatever they simply stop, never mind the size of the fan-base.
I never understood why the books of Jack Vance where never put in motion picture.
Often you can recognize certain story-lines of various writers come back in action movies placed in the future.

If you gave that many an F, didn't they go for papers that would just do book research:f.i. how many papers were mentioning gdjehhf a.s.o.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty classic moves by cults. look at the first rule set out in the christian cult: "don't seek knowledge. Just do as you ae told and all will be perfect." ("oh, and give us your money.." "oh, and get otheres incdoctrinate..er saved and get them to gives us their money..")
yeah, cults hate it when their members learn about the religion behind the cult. best way to get them to leave...
you be talking about "wolves in sheep clothing"lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,841 - 69,860 of111,824
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••