Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74225 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how you begin with an ad hominem, and set the stage with hostility.
Viruses do not evolve. They just taught that class to my son in high school. Viruses are a whole study onto themselves that don't fit at all into the evolutionary model, as they cannot even agree whether a virus is alive or not.
In fact, biology is so complex now than it use to be, the very definition of life is up for grabs.
You have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from my 15-year old that just had a class on this very subject.
I'd laugh, if this level of gross unscientific misinformation was not such a total and complete danger to society in general.
And since evolution has NEVER been proven, there is no need. Eventually it will fall into the trash heap along with Eugenics and other defunct theories.
Actually it has been proven. you even provided some of the proof in your talk about viruses. tell us about how htey need to change to survive again...please...once again and then i promise to go to bed!

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74226 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bloody Norah, you really are that ignorant, aren't you?
NEWS FLASH:
The geological column absolutely proves the age of the Earth.
The fossil-record sequence absolutely proves evolution.
(Do NOT start blathering about abiogenesis - that's a whole different matter!)
Absolute proof would require a time machine. But putting forth that an INTERPRETATION of data us absolute evidence, you just outed yourself out as a very ignorant, and arrogant person.

People like you is why we have so many wars and chaos on this planet.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74227 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Your description of what a scientific theory is is not correct. one needs corroborating evidence to make a theory. a scientific theory must predict future observations and those must be upheld or the thoery must be altered or thrown out.
why would you try to debunk the scientific method when you don't even understan what it si our how it works?
You just described yet another reason why evolution fails the scientific method.

No predictions can be made.

And yet even Darwin said that his ideas must be thrown out if more evidence is not found.

Still waiting on the evidence.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74228 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Quite.

I love folks who start off with "there is no factual evidence of evolution". Of course there is. Now you may dispute the interpretation of it but to say it doesn't exist is pure bullshit.
Do spend much time in excrement?

Just asking you seem to be an expert in pure bullshit.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74229 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with my faith there is just God.
my sentiments exactly...just faith and God...everything else is just the devil in details...lol

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74230 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
Once again, someone is confusing a species already natural state to change for climate with some kind of "evolution."
That is not the evolutionary model, which depends on MUTATIONS.
And since biology proves that mutations are very rare, and positive mutations are still even more rare, it is science, not I, that refutes your claim.
Where is that research-paper? And what definitions do you use?
See ...4 pages back.
I'm not the only one that thinks your not worth the time, since you simply do not back up your claims.
And since they all come down to the same issue, what can be easier than showing the study and explain how you use the terms!?

Location hidden

#74231 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that also, is not factually correct. nice try. again, which parts of it are incorrect?

difficult to force? seriously dude?!?!? we are making new species of plants every year! we have manipulated animals so they glow in the freakin' dark?

you are so far over your idiotic head that you can't even fathom (pun intended..) the depths ( again) of your ignorance.
Yet Science admits that no Marco evolution has ever been observed in or out of the lab.

Micro evolution you can hang your hat on. No big deal, nothing worth crowing about. But go ahead if you must.

Location hidden

#74232 Feb 6, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why 99.99% of working professionals in relevant fields of life sciences (biologists, etc) accept AND EMPLOY the Theory of Evolution.
Thread?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74233 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite actually, life is constantly changing and evolving all the time. This is way we have so many species and so many different races on this planet.
Evolution makes perfect logical since and its supported by the fossil record. If even one fossil was ever to be found out of order then yes evolution would be disproven but that has never and will never happen ..
So tell me because im Curious, What do you think created life as we know it today??
Only true over a very long period of time, if you can find evidence of mutations.

Not true since humans have been around, which is a very short period of time.

It makes no logical sense when so few mutations occur, and so few of the mutations result in positive natural selection.

The fossil record proves nothing, it is just data to be interpreted like all other data.

As a scientist, I can offer no explanation of the origin of life. No one can if they are honest about the data. At this point, aliens creating us is more likely now than evolution.

As a Christian, God of course.

St. Croix valley

#74234 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just described yet another reason why evolution fails the scientific method.
No predictions can be made.
And yet even Darwin said that his ideas must be thrown out if more evidence is not found.
Still waiting on the evidence.
yes, the predictions were made and they even have happened. the resistant viruses you mentioned yourself..you just can't keep proving youself wrong, can you. Hard not to when the proof of your error is all around you.

where is that evidence of life not changing? huh?

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74235 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, talking about the foundation of your cult...of all religions, which are cults by definition.
By the definition of science...I agree.

And of course, there are religious definition of people that lie out side of religious beliefs...

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74236 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your source.(Your yapping so loud)
And what are your definitions for:
1)Current measurable changes.
2)mutation
3) mutations that survive to the next generation.
4) a positive change.
4 a) AND
5)enhances natural selection
6)survives natural selection.
7)that has would take not just million but billions of years.
8) what math would be applicable for an event that is current and spans eons?
The evolutionary model is my source.

Check it out for yourself.

I use only their definitions, I have no opinions of my own.

St. Croix valley

#74237 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I will continue to ask you this question, if truly the bible and Christianity is false, both would have died out of existence, but the reverse were/ are the case. Instead both of them have passed many criticisms to date.
Then all the other relid=gions would also have fdied out as they cannot all be true...Hmm....

you just disproved your own theorum...

face it..your religious cult was proved to be a lie a long time ago. quit trying to make it real form proven lies....

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#74238 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Viruses do not evolve. They just taught that class to my son in high school. Viruses are a whole study onto themselves that don't fit at all into the evolutionary model, as they cannot even agree whether a virus is alive or not.
In fact, biology is so complex now than it use to be, the very definition of life is up for grabs.
You have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from my 15-year old that just had a class on this very subject.
I'd laugh, if this level of gross unscientific misinformation was not such a total and complete danger to society in general.
And since evolution has NEVER been proven, there is no need. Eventually it will fall into the trash heap along with Eugenics and other defunct theories.
I,m a forty year old man with a Bachelor's degree in science but your high school kid knows more... Wow OK, damn i guess i wasted a lot of money then .... Hey like they say, you cant fix stupid.. Good luck to you ..

St. Croix valley

#74239 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
By the definition of science...I agree.
And of course, there are religious definition of people that lie out side of religious beliefs...
the fact that your religion is based on a proven lie makes it a cult no matter how you look at it.

sorry, the truth hurts, but you were probably sucked into the cult as a child like most were. but here you have a choice...you know it is based on a lie. why continue pretending to believe this lie?

movie time..have fun with your cult!!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74240 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee, your language demonstrates that you know very little of science and are in no position to judge evolution.

Let me help you. "Proof" is a mathematical term. You do not prove things in science. Hypotheses are developed into theories by testing, if theories fail the tests they are no longer theories. Evolution has been continually tested for over 150 years and it has passed every test. It is a well accepted scientific theory and a well accepted scientific theory is higher than a law in scientific hierarchy. That is because a law is just an observation of an event that always happens where a theory is the observation with an explanation. An observation that life evolves without an explanation would be a Law of Evolution. The Theory of Evolution tops that.

Next you are flat out wrong about viruses not evolving. Just because they are not the same sort of life as cellular life does not mean they cannot evolve. In fact by the most strict definition of evolution they do evolve.

Don't get your facts from lying creationist sites. It only makes you look like a fool.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74241 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What school does your son go too.
And then he teaches you what the thinks he remembers and then you think you can teach a.o. professors what it is all about.
Now understand why yo can't define anything, and why you get it all wrong.

i stopped reading. Virusses do mutate. And here we go what is mutation after but ....evolution.And surviving and be enhanced in a hostile environment.
You are unfit to be a parent...it seems the interpretation to what he learned came straight out of the creationist agenda.

When a virus evolves it becomes a blue parrot with an umbrella.
If not...it is not evolution.
Don't let those pseudo-scientists tell you otherwise!
Amen.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74242 Feb 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Msn, wikipedia and yahoo.
And yes-you ARE clueless.
Irony.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#74243 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only true over a very long period of time, if you can find evidence of mutations.
Not true since humans have been around, which is a very short period of time.
It makes no logical sense when so few mutations occur, and so few of the mutations result in positive natural selection.
The fossil record proves nothing, it is just data to be interpreted like all other data.
As a scientist, I can offer no explanation of the origin of life. No one can if they are honest about the data. At this point, aliens creating us is more likely now than evolution.
As a Christian, God of course.
As a christian your bias and there for can not be objective of the facts, so calling your self a scientist is a joke ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#74244 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The evolutionary model is my source.
Check it out for yourself.
I use only their definitions, I have no opinions of my own.
You probably do not understand the evolutionary model.

Here is a fact for you, and if you are honest I will convince you that it is true: Their is literally a mountain of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution, and none that supports creationism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 4 min Humhainna 757
Good News for a Change! 4 min dandylioness 4
Illegal Immigrants sue "US"! 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Bill Cosby 7 min Roxie Darling 239
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 11 min Mitt s Airtight D... 315
Trooper: Driver Is Lucky Dog Food Didn't Crush Him 17 min dandylioness 2
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 22 min Parden Pard 7,355
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min Wolftracks 151,116
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Deer Whisperer 37,494