Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74204 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah no, woodtick, poster has a point.
At least in as far as a whole was discoverred in the CMBR.
I've been curious evercinse.
And since the Higgs and a new finding, everone is busy revising mathematics to do with physics.
hole in teh CMBR...yeah, maybe we bounced off another brane...maybe we didn't. it provides a different cause of the big bang, not a destruction of the theory.

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74205 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?
I did ...good movie...even the character Vin Diesel played, even believed in God.lol

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#74206 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
you calling faith cheap?...well I guess it is...it's more than cheap, it's free...lol
It seems the value has been properly set.

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#74208 Feb 6, 2013
Science fiction...mostly modern day(science)mythology.

(like I said before a horse by any other name is still a horse)

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74209 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?
Have all of them...excellent.
Still waiting for the brainwave that will bring us the next.
But like a lot of good S.F. be it series of whatever they simply stop, never mind the size of the fan-base.
I never understood why the books of Jack Vance where never put in motion picture.
Often you can recognize certain story-lines of various writers come back in action movies placed in the future.

If you gave that many an F, didn't they go for papers that would just do book research:f.i. how many papers were mentioning gdjehhf a.s.o.

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#74210 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pretty classic moves by cults. look at the first rule set out in the christian cult: "don't seek knowledge. Just do as you ae told and all will be perfect." ("oh, and give us your money.." "oh, and get otheres incdoctrinate..er saved and get them to gives us their money..")
yeah, cults hate it when their members learn about the religion behind the cult. best way to get them to leave...
you be talking about "wolves in sheep clothing"lol

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74211 Feb 6, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Evolution occurs fairly quickly. A few brown bears wander out onto the arctic tundra and evolve in order to survive into polar bears. Just like when hominids left Africa and evolved into Neanderthals to survive in Ice Age Eurasia. Or birds blown onto remote islands by storms.
If it took millions of years a species would not survive long enough to evolve.
Dude.

Once again, someone is confusing a species already natural state to change for climate with some kind of "evolution."

That is not the evolutionary model, which depends on MUTATIONS.

And since biology proves that mutations are very rare, and positive mutations are still even more rare, it is science, not I, that refutes your claim.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74212 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I did ...good movie...even the character Vin Diesel played, even believed in God.lol
? what scene

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74213 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>See? you don't even understand the concept. it has to do with generations. if htere is a new generation every few hours, the changes take place quicker than if the generations are 80 years apart...
wow...you really need the ol' two by four across the skull to get a simple concept, dont' you?
tell me again how flu viruses change so quickly to adapt to their environment....please?
Quite the opposite, my friend. It is you that does not understand the model. As is the case with most people.

Evolution would have almost no support if people really understood the actual science behind it.

I think you've read too much science fiction, friend.

St. Croix valley

#74214 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you be talking about "wolves in sheep clothing"lol
No, talking about the foundation of your cult...of all religions, which are cults by definition.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74215 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hole in teh CMBR...yeah, maybe we bounced off another brane...maybe we didn't. it provides a different cause of the big bang, not a destruction of the theory.
That's were revision of some of the numbers started.
New math invented.
There are some facts(observed) that just do not entirely fit.
So the easiest assumption is to adjust the calculation.
That's what it's mainly about...the rest is media-hype.
Indeed we do not throw out the big-bang. Some concepts are too usefull or allready have too much proof behind them.
But space outside +big bang Or space outside+big bang+multiverses or branes included would all need adjusting of the numbers.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74216 Feb 6, 2013
trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are not smart enough to understand it doesn't make it untrue, it just make you ignorant. And yes READ a science book! The reason you have to get a flu shoot every year is because the flu virus evolves much more rapidly than do viruses like measles, mumps, and polio. Our bodies fight off diseases, in part, through the production of antibodies that help our immune systems recognize and attack foreign invaders. Vaccines work by priming the body with the right antibodies to fight a particular disease before it gets a foothold and makes us sick. For measles, mumps, and polio, this works just fine. If you were fully vaccinated for these diseases as a child (or had the disease as a child) and your body encounters one of these pathogens many years later, it is extremely likely that your body's antibodies will be able to recognize the intruders and attack them. However, the flu evolves so much from season to season that last year's antibodies usually cannot recognize this year's viral strain. So if you were vaccinated for flu last year or had the flu last year, it indicates nothing about your body's ability to fend off the bug this year.
In fact, in a process called antigenic drift, flu evolves in response to the antibodies our bodies produce each year. During the course of a flu epidemic, many people gain immunity to the strain of the virus that is currently circulating. Through the process of natural selection, any flu virus particles that happen to carry mutations that allow them to slip by the defenses of common antibodies will be favored, produce more copies of themselves, and eventually, spread to more new victims. This process leads to the evolution of new strains, one or some of which are likely to become the cause of next year's flu season.
Its called education, get some before you make wild clams ...
And like i said if you can disprove the FACT of evolution then collect your nobel prize ...
I like how you begin with an ad hominem, and set the stage with hostility.

Viruses do not evolve. They just taught that class to my son in high school. Viruses are a whole study onto themselves that don't fit at all into the evolutionary model, as they cannot even agree whether a virus is alive or not.

In fact, biology is so complex now than it use to be, the very definition of life is up for grabs.

You have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from my 15-year old that just had a class on this very subject.

I'd laugh, if this level of gross unscientific misinformation was not such a total and complete danger to society in general.

And since evolution has NEVER been proven, there is no need. Eventually it will fall into the trash heap along with Eugenics and other defunct theories.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74217 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Give me some examp;les of this "life resists change' theory of yours...
LOL!

So now you're going to argue every point before you concede?

Quit wasting time, woodstick.

Now is the time for you to go talk to a real, living biologist and educate yourself.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#74218 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>Space beyond the universe?!? you didn't read the please be specific part, huh?
so yeah, since the big bang theory doesn't explain wormhole travel it can't be true , huh?
go back to scouting area 51 with you binocs, freak...
Area 51, the Little Bang. Kind of like the Big Bang because nobody really knows what inside the walls of Area 51. Wait, that's where an alien craft crashed and they carried the alien bodies in to the laboratory. They reversed engineered alien technology and one of the aliens woke up and whispered, "big bang". Text books and the internet are filled with inaccurate, unsubstantiated and false claims.....read at own risk.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74219 Feb 6, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament is propaganda written decades after his death by people with various political agendas. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the real Jesus or his life.
Then prove it. You have the burden of proof ... not the dead.

St. Croix valley

#74220 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite, my friend. It is you that does not understand the model. As is the case with most people.
Evolution would have almost no support if people really understood the actual science behind it.
I think you've read too much science fiction, friend.
you've already shown you don't understand the concept. youve actually admitted it works in real life and yet you rant on...

You;ve had a bit of time..where are your examples of life that resists change?( outside of cult membgers' minds...)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74221 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>Why are there male and female beings, deities, Gods and Goddesses?
Not with my faith there is just God.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74222 Feb 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a double negative, did you progress from home school?
So your argument is no evidence? Right!!! How about logic? How about critical thinking? How about NO EVIDENCE? Hmmm
Actually I do have evidence and so does everyone else, as I have told you before and you have ignored that evidence because it does not suite your sensibilities. E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent (infinite power/energy) being (Revelation 19:6 KJV) can exist in this universe because you exist.
Nope the universe is ***thought*** to be proof of existence of god by those who are not capable of rational and critical thinking and logic. By people who consider the thought and ignorance of bronze age understanding to be more valid that modern knowledge. By people who are unwilling to accept the facts that stare them in the face.
There is no evidence for the existence or non existence of a god. No evidence either way. Now I have no evidence for the existence of a Ferrari ignition key in my purse and guess what, there is NO Ferrari ignition key in my purse.
A question that no one YET knows the answer to, so its silly to guess, right? The thing is the science IS looking for the answer. Godbots arent, they are happy to wallow in their ignorance and continue believing their guess.
I will continue to ask you this question, if truly the bible and Christianity is false, both would have died out of existence, but the reverse were/ are the case. Instead both of them have passed many criticisms to date.

Location hidden

#74223 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>Yes because men are tools ;-)
Tools to be used!

Location hidden

#74224 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>G spot
Good one! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 14 min Truths 29,498
True or False Game 15 min SLY WEST 383
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 15 min Truths 1,385
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min wichita-rick 148,969
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 22 min SLY WEST 6,831
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 23 min wichita-rick 1,884
What's your tip for the day? 25 min wichita-rick 1,214
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 55 min SLY WEST 32
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 1 hr -Lea- 37
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 22,231