Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74184 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you that Law is often used incorrectly for a theory. Laws are often used to describe a mathematical relationship. But they are not theories.
Back to the 5th grade for you.
The mistakes yours, not mine...pay attention.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74185 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.TRUE scientific inquiry explores all possibilities.
?????

Science does not explore religious theology. Faith is a completely different concept.

Scientific inquiry is about things which can be studied rationally.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74186 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've never considered myself an athiest i just have no religious beliefs...but i love theology and its discussion. watching people try to rationalize what has been proven to be a lie is funny as shit...like mice in a maze. but not quite as quick...

we really should run studies on them...
I view atheism as a religious belief. The very idea that they know the absolute truth about what set off the big bang and...

No religious beliefs here. But no reason to make debunking the god hypothesis my goal either. Not sure why the non religious would feel the need to do so.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#74187 Feb 6, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientif...

The American Association for the Advancement of Science is the world's largest general scientific society. The AAAS serves some 262 affiliated societies and academies of science, serving 10 million individuals.

American Association of University Professors is an organization of professors and other academics in the United States. AAUP membership is about 47,000, with over 500 local campus chapters and 39 state organizations.

American Astronomical Society is an American society of professional astronomers and other interested individuals, with over 7,000 members and six divisions.

American Chemical Society is a scientific society that supports scientific inquiry in the field of chemistry, with more than 164,000 members at all degree-levels and in all fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, and related fields. It is the world's largest scientific society and one of the leading sources of authoritative scientific information.

American Geophysical Union The AGU represents over 43,000 Earth and space scientists. "Advocates of intelligent design believe that life on Earth is too complex to have evolved on its own and must therefore be the work of a designer. That is an untestable belief and, therefore, cannot qualify as a scientific theory."

American Institute of Physics has a Governing Board policy statement supporting evolution and opposing creationism.

American Society of Agronomy The ASA represents over 10,000 members. "Intelligent design is not a scientific discipline and should not be taught as part of the K-12 science curriculum. Intelligent design has neither the substantial research base, nor the testable hypotheses as a scientific discipline. There are at least 70 resolutions from a broad array of scientific societies and institutions that are united on this matter."

American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology The ASBMB is a scientific and educational society representing 12,000 biochemists and molecular biologists. ""Intelligent design" is not a theory in the scientific sense, nor is it a scientific alternative to the theory of evolution...."intelligent design" might be appropriate to teach in a religion or philosophy class, but the concept has no place in a science classroom and should not be taught there."

<<cont'd>>

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#74188 Feb 6, 2013
<<cont'd>>

Botanical Society of America "The proponents of creationism/intelligent design promote scientific ignorance in the guise of learning. As professional scientists and educators, we strongly assert that such efforts are both misguided and flawed, presenting an incorrect view of science, its understandings, and its processes."

Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology The Federation represents 22 professional societies and 84,000 scientists, and its statement FASEB Opposes Using Science Classes to Teach Intelligent Design, Creationism, and other Non-Scientific Beliefs was adopted by the FASEB Board of Directors.

National Association of Biology Teachers "Scientists have firmly established evolution as an important natural process.... Explanations or ways of knowing that invoke metaphysical, non-naturalistic or supernatural mechanisms, whether called “creation science,”“scientific creationism,”“intelligent design theory,”“young earth theory,” or similar designations, are outside the scope of science and therefore are not part of a valid science curriculum."

The National Center for Science Education itself opposes the teaching of intelligent design, acting as a clearinghouse for information regarding efforts to force creationism (including intelligent design) into the classroom.

The NCSE also maintains lists of organizations from around the world that oppose the teaching of creationism, including intelligent design, listing 71 scientific organizations, 23 religious organizations, 43 educational organizations, and 10 civil liberties organizations.

The National Science Teachers Association NSTA is a professional association of 55,000 science teachers and administrators. "We stand with the nation's leading scientific organizations and scientists, including Dr. John Marburger, the president's top science advisor, in stating that intelligent design is not science.…It is simply not fair to present pseudoscience to students in the science classroom."

United States National Academy of Sciences That academy wrote a statement entitled "Science and Creationism: A View from the National Academy of Sciences, Second Edition National Academy of Sciences" which said that "Creationism, Intelligent Design, and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life or of species are not science"

<<and much, much more>>
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#74189 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what info is inadequate? please be specific...
Based on present day human understanding, based on theoredical logic. Space beyond the universe must be included in the Big Bang theory, it is not. Its like trying to contact advanced alien beings using human based technology......not working, will never work.

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#74190 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what info is inadequate? please be specific...
may i just say that this thread is a bit inadequate although looking at how everyone is arguing over different ideas about the subject it makes me proud to be a Topix memember.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74191 Feb 6, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I view atheism as a religious belief. The very idea that they know the absolute truth about what set off the big bang and...
No religious beliefs here. But no reason to make debunking the god hypothesis my goal either. Not sure why the non religious would feel the need to do so.
I would say there is no god hypothesis. even a hypothesis needs to start from some grain of truth, doesn't it? How is a known lie worth even talking about?
THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK

Omaha, NE

#74192 Feb 6, 2013
PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>may i just say that this thread is a bit inadequate although looking at how everyone is arguing over different ideas about the subject it makes me proud to be a Topix memember.
hey stupid rib remember me??

St. Croix valley

#74193 Feb 6, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Based on present day human understanding, based on theoredical logic. Space beyond the universe must be included in the Big Bang theory, it is not. Its like trying to contact advanced alien beings using human based technology......not working, will never work.
Space beyond the universe?!? you didn't read the please be specific part, huh?

so yeah, since the big bang theory doesn't explain wormhole travel it can't be true , huh?

go back to scouting area 51 with you binocs, freak...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74194 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest fallacy ever propagated by atheists, is that to be a Christian one must know the letter of biblical law, which was directly addressed by the Christ.(Faith)
The rest of the forum is at standstill and here it's on fullspeed...2 pages behind.
I was looking for the reaction by yankee yahoo.

Around 1000 CE thereabouts everybody was even banned from reading it by the church.
And Augustine, said that people did not need to read or even know to read for the real believer would know the content by holy spirit transmission.
And than Paul: just believe and you are saved.
CHEAP...

It's not atheist that have the misconceptions, you could be forgiven for thinking that, but rather all those christians that just stab their fat dirty finger in a book that says BIBLE on the cover, quote at random and out of context and then claim the most stupid prejudice to be true. THE TRUTH as they say usually.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74195 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Space beyond the universe?!? you didn't read the please be specific part, huh?
so yeah, since the big bang theory doesn't explain wormhole travel it can't be true , huh?
go back to scouting area 51 with you binocs, freak...
Ah no, woodtick, poster has a point.
At least in as far as a whole was discoverred in the CMBR.
I've been curious evercinse.
And since the Higgs and a new finding, everone is busy revising mathematics to do with physics.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74196 Feb 6, 2013
whole-hole

St. Croix valley

#74197 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The mistakes yours, not mine...pay attention.
So we have shown that your "law' doesn't work in all situations. what was your description of a law again?

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#74198 Feb 6, 2013
THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid rib remember me??
WHAT!!!!!!! how did you find?? i done thought you left years ago. you couldnt beat me 6 years ago what makes you think you can now??? or are you just here to argue with others on evolution vs creation huh??? no matter have at it and see how long you last

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#74199 Feb 6, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
?????
Science does not explore religious theology. Faith is a completely different concept.
Scientific inquiry is about things which can be studied rationally.
See that whats so funny...your really only using half your brain, because the right side deals with intuitional knowledge(right hemisphere of the brain)...in which theology uses both the rational(left hemisphere of the brain) and intuitional to come to rational conclusions.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74200 Feb 6, 2013
Neutral observer how do you manage to be so consistently wrong about so many subjects.

We could call it the law of Neutral Observer.

St. Croix valley

#74201 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of the forum is at standstill and here it's on fullspeed...2 pages behind.
Around 1000 CE thereabouts everybody was even banned from reading it by the church.
And Augustine, said that people did not need to read or even know to read for the real believer would know the content by holy spirit transmission.
CHEAP...
It's not atheist that have the misconceptions, you could be forgiven for thinking that, but rather all those christians that just stab their fat dirty finger in a book that says BIBLE on the cover, quote at random and out of context and then claim the most stupid prejudice to be true. THE TRUTH as they say usually.
pretty classic moves by cults. look at the first rule set out in the christian cult: "don't seek knowledge. Just do as you ae told and all will be perfect." ("oh, and give us your money.." "oh, and get otheres incdoctrinate..er saved and get them to gives us their money..")

yeah, cults hate it when their members learn about the religion behind the cult. best way to get them to leave...

St. Croix valley

#74202 Feb 6, 2013
PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT!!!!!!! how did you find?? i done thought you left years ago. you couldnt beat me 6 years ago what makes you think you can now??? or are you just here to argue with others on evolution vs creation huh??? no matter have at it and see how long you last
Did you not see the movie "Pitch Dark"?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#74203 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEAP...
you calling faith cheap?...well I guess it is...it's more than cheap, it's free...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 14 min DILF 417
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min DILF 7,627
Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting 16 min DILF 7
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 33 min BLOODY__FATALITY 25,752
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 46 min DILF 26,698
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 54 min DILF 10
Fort Worth firefighters use oxygen to save cat 56 min DILF 2
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr whatimeisit 351
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 24,122
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr wichita-rick 152,551