Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,486)

Showing posts 69,701 - 69,720 of111,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God can never be created.
Sure he can. humans have created literally thousands of them just look at your calendar for a short list....

are you a blasphemer for using the gregorian calendar?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I just did prove your statements wrong...can't you read?
No you didn't. Not at all.

Now, I'm done playing games.

Evolution has never been proven. If you wish to continue, the burden of proof is now on you.

100+ years is more than enough time to try and sustain a theory. The gig is up. Modern science no utterly refutes evolution, and only politics and shameful, ignorant people like yourself stand in the way of progress and real science.

How do you plead?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Oh, wait.

Woodstick, are you supporting DESIGN, not evolution, when you continue point out genetic engineering.

Are you suggesting then that evolution was guided, as we attempt today?

(This does not support your idea that genetic engineering is forcing evolution, which it is not.)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has never been proven. If you wish to continue, the burden of proof is now on you.
100+ years is more than enough time to try and sustain a theory. The gig is up. Modern science no utterly refutes evolution, and only politics and shameful, ignorant people like yourself stand in the way of progress and real science.
How do you plead?
yes, in fact i did. we have created new species within the human timeframe. your understanding of the mechanics of evolution is what is faulty, not the theory. the theory is scientifically sound.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Oh, wait.
Woodstick, are you supporting DESIGN, not evolution, when you continue point out genetic engineering.
(This does not support your idea that genetic engineering is forcing evolution, which it is not.)
you said it cant happen even with the force of human intervention. you were wrong. what else were you wrong about?

if an animal eats and spreads a certain sed because it si big and nutritious, how is that any different from humans picking the same seeds and then sowing them?

See where evolution works? we are just animals and part of the environment also...

sorry charlie....

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Where is xxooxx, I need a partner in crime! lol
( just clearing my head a little...;)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
this is so not the place for that...

(nice elipses...)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
aww, hope you feel better

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Oh, wait.
what about non-coding DNA? design or evolution?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i did. we have created new species within the human timeframe. your understanding of the mechanics of evolution is what is faulty, not the theory. the theory is scientifically sound.
And notice how you have not named the new species.

I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.

And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>No you didn't. Not at all.

How do you plead?
Which is why 99.99% of working professionals in relevant fields of life sciences (biologists, etc) accept AND EMPLOY the Theory of Evolution.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you plead?
Evolution has been proven over and over again and its the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And if you think you can disprove it wright it down, get it peer reviewed, and collect your nobel prize, not to mention the organizations that are offering
cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.

So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its
fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of
species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And notice how you have not named the new species.
I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.
And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.
yes in fact i did. i do not know hte latin for our commercial turkeys or the longhorn steer or corn but you can look them up...

it was you that bru-ought up the forced breeding concept, saying even that didn't change species...you were wrong. that is what i pointed out to you.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Of course you're not. It's all you've got.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
I can't imagine how one would "prove" that Evolution is happening. No matter how good the evidence for it, there could be a magical explanation.

I'm willing to settle for the facts that ToE provides plausible explanations for the diversity of Life, geographic distribution of organisms and nested hierarchies in genetic and fossil records.

I also like the fact that it relies on demonstrated processes and that it is falsifiable, but has never been falsified.

Can't get much better than that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you find these websites? lol
Stumbleupon...

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why 99.99% of working professionals in relevant fields of life sciences (biologists, etc) accept AND EMPLOY the Theory of Evolution.
No they don't.

Now does a majority make something true. Science is not a popularity contest.

Once again, when we separate the politics and ideaology from science, then we will have true scientific progress, and dispense with such unsupported nonsense as evolution.

The scientific community has many times adapted bad science as a whole, like Eugenics for instance, and many times has changed over time.

And it will change again. Now, quit wasting our time, and stop with the futile logic fallacies.

Unless you can do what the whole scientific community has yet done, which is show a viable model, the case if closed. Evolution will rightful go into history as a quaint idea like many others.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're not. It's all you've got.
<quoted text>
I can't imagine how one would "prove" that Evolution is happening. No matter how good the evidence for it, there could be a magical explanation.
I'm willing to settle for the facts that ToE provides plausible explanations for the diversity of Life, geographic distribution of organisms and nested hierarchies in genetic and fossil records.
I also like the fact that it relies on demonstrated processes and that it is falsifiable, but has never been falsified.
Can't get much better than that.
I don't put much faith in magic, sorry.:)
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We invented the god concept and yet we will all die, either timely or time, why?
Since we are the inventors then why can we not inmortalise .
Because everything has a beginning and an end. The very idea of an eternal being is silly.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes in fact i did. i do not know hte latin for our commercial turkeys or the longhorn steer or corn but you can look them up...
it was you that bru-ought up the forced breeding concept, saying even that didn't change species...you were wrong. that is what i pointed out to you.
No, I mentioned FORCED EVOLUTION.

I see you have reverted to lying.

Breeding is not evolution. Or are you going to submit that it is now, to save face?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has been proven over and over again and its the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And if you think you can disprove it wright it down, get it peer reviewed, and collect your nobel prize, not to mention the organizations that are offering
cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.
So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its
fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of
species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...
LOL!!!!!!

Now flu shots is evidence of evolution? You're not serious, right?

No, evolution has never been proven.

Just look how yet again, no one is able to explain how mutations have resulted in positive changes that result in a new species?

there is not just a lack of evidence for evolution. there is ZERO evidence for it, as a matter of scientific fact. And around and around we go.

But if you can make the model viable, go ahead. As I keep stating, if you can do what the whole scientific community has not been able to do with decades, you'd be a hero.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,701 - 69,720 of111,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••