Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74083 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are no changing the meaning of evolution to support your world view?
The flu is the flu. It has to change (not evolve, see who you avoid using the right word?) to do what it does.
If the flu never changed, then it would never survive. It is its nature.
As is the nature of all beings. you just perfectly showed that evolution is how things change...

St. Croix valley

#74084 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such fossil record that supports this. The fossil records do not support evolution at all, or any such transitional period between species.
You are just regurgitating what someone told you at this point. I bet you don't have the faintest idea what the model of evolution actual is, do you?
Blind faith?
Unfortunately, this is probably how religions actual start. Blind followers of something they think is absolutely true.
Sad, really, that science is being destroyed from within.
In fact tehre is such a rich and verifiable fossil record. why do you deny things that can be easily checked out? are you that blind to the real world?

how many more times do i have to prove what you are saying is ti=otally incorrect?

St. Croix valley

#74085 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. It's not anything, thus the point. Can evolution be forced?
If evolution could be forced, then MAYBE we could test it. But since the model depends upon millions of years, or enough time for mutations to change the species, that would be very, very difficult without time travel.
The model also is based on this being a NATURAL occurrence. If it is forced, then that contradicts the model, as that would be design, not accident, or natural selection.
I guess forced evolution could be theistic evolution then. Is that what you support?
the model does nto rely on millions of years, it relies on multipl;e generations, which for a flu virus is a couple of days...See? you don't have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. why do you continuwe to make a fool of yourself like this?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74086 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, evolution can be forced, I JUST GAVE YOU THE FREAKIN' EXAMPLES OF SUCH! Are you really this stupid or purposefully obtuse to avoid admitting you were totally wrong?
No you didn't. You have me example of BREEDING and GENETIC ENGINEERING, which is NOT evidence of the model of evolution, at all.

Are you deliberately lying, or do you actual believe what you post?

St. Croix valley

#74087 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such fossil record that supports this. The fossil records do not support evolution at all, or any such transitional period between species.
You are just regurgitating what someone told you at this point. I bet you don't have the faintest idea what the model of evolution actual is, do you?
Blind faith?
Unfortunately, this is probably how religions actual start. Blind followers of something they think is absolutely true.
Sad, really, that science is being destroyed from within.
An idea of what the model of evolution is? you gave a perfect one when you said why flu virus's change...

you actually support this theory and you don't efven know it! how fun is that!

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74088 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>As is the nature of all beings. you just perfectly showed that evolution is how things change...
No, I stated that it is the nature of the FLU to change itself. It still remains the same flu. It's NATURE does not change at all.

Biology proves beyond that the shadow of any doubt that all life fiercely resists change, which is why DNA is the backbone of life. It is precisely the LACK of change that makes the evolutionary model impossible.

Life resists change too much to make it work.

Yet another example of how you demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74089 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the model does nto rely on millions of years, it relies on multipl;e generations, which for a flu virus is a couple of days...See? you don't have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. why do you continuwe to make a fool of yourself like this?
Wrong.

It relies on millions of years, as matter of math. The current measurable changes in any species by mutation, and by mutations that survive to the next generation to bring a positive change that enhances survive and natural selection, takes not only MILLIONS OF YEARS, but BILLIONS.

The math does not lie.

But you do.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74090 Feb 6, 2013
the·o·ry
/&#712;TH&#275;&#6 01;r&#275;/
Noun

A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"

sup·po·si·tion
/&#716;s&#601;p&#6 01;&#712;ziSH&#601;n/
Noun
An uncertain belief.
Synonyms
assumption - presumption - surmise - guess - conjecture

by definition, a theory in not fact... as some on here would have you believe.

St. Croix valley

#74091 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. You have me example of BREEDING and GENETIC ENGINEERING, which is NOT evidence of the model of evolution, at all.
Are you deliberately lying, or do you actual believe what you post?
that would be forced evolution. again, how is humans piocking and strewing the fattest grass seeds any different from birds doing so? humans are part of the environmental pressure on plants and animals. just as predation is part fo the enviranmental pressure on prey.

you really do not understand the consepts you ae attempting to debunk, do you.

keep going, this is funny...can you contradict your own argument again...

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74092 Feb 6, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Evolution it is. See how simple?
That is a pretty magical theory in light of science and the facts.

I cannot accept evolution based on the science, sorry. It's simply too magical for me.

It's not that I have anything against evolution. I loved the idea, and it supported many other beliefs I held. Alas, I must reevaluate my world view now.

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#74093 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. I'm not sure why. I've been laughing my as$ off on these threads today there is some real funny people out there you know. So what is it that could be giving you the wrong impression?
oh i know about the funny people on here. ive been a topix member for 6 years now and ive had my fair share of funny people, trolls, and hacks. i even had a guy once stalk me for months on another forum but thats all in the past.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74094 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

It relies on millions of years, as matter of math. The current measurable changes in any species by mutation, and by mutations that survive to the next generation to bring a positive change that enhances survive and natural selection, takes not only MILLIONS OF YEARS, but BILLIONS.

The math does not lie.

But you do.
Not really. Evolution occurs fairly quickly. A few brown bears wander out onto the arctic tundra and evolve in order to survive into polar bears. Just like when hominids left Africa and evolved into Neanderthals to survive in Ice Age Eurasia. Or birds blown onto remote islands by storms.

If it took millions of years a species would not survive long enough to evolve.

St. Croix valley

#74095 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The math does not lie.
But you do.
See? you don't even understand the concept. it has to do with generations. if htere is a new generation every few hours, the changes take place quicker than if the generations are 80 years apart...

wow...you really need the ol' two by four across the skull to get a simple concept, dont' you?

tell me again how flu viruses change so quickly to adapt to their environment....please?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74096 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"unless you are female"
Jesus had a female disciple.
Brainwash with modification.
As far as i understood he and is merry gang were living of older well to do widows.
If you want to call that being the diciple of the master, i think you have a warped sense of reality.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#74097 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!
Now flu shots is evidence of evolution? You're not serious, right?
No, evolution has never been proven.
Just look how yet again, no one is able to explain how mutations have resulted in positive changes that result in a new species?
there is not just a lack of evidence for evolution. there is ZERO evidence for it, as a matter of scientific fact. And around and around we go.
But if you can make the model viable, go ahead. As I keep stating, if you can do what the whole scientific community has not been able to do with decades, you'd be a hero.
Just because you are not smart enough to understand it doesn't make it untrue, it just make you ignorant. And yes READ a science book! The reason you have to get a flu shoot every year is because the flu virus evolves much more rapidly than do viruses like measles, mumps, and polio. Our bodies fight off diseases, in part, through the production of antibodies that help our immune systems recognize and attack foreign invaders. Vaccines work by priming the body with the right antibodies to fight a particular disease before it gets a foothold and makes us sick. For measles, mumps, and polio, this works just fine. If you were fully vaccinated for these diseases as a child (or had the disease as a child) and your body encounters one of these pathogens many years later, it is extremely likely that your body's antibodies will be able to recognize the intruders and attack them. However, the flu evolves so much from season to season that last year's antibodies usually cannot recognize this year's viral strain. So if you were vaccinated for flu last year or had the flu last year, it indicates nothing about your body's ability to fend off the bug this year.

In fact, in a process called antigenic drift, flu evolves in response to the antibodies our bodies produce each year. During the course of a flu epidemic, many people gain immunity to the strain of the virus that is currently circulating. Through the process of natural selection, any flu virus particles that happen to carry mutations that allow them to slip by the defenses of common antibodies will be favored, produce more copies of themselves, and eventually, spread to more new victims. This process leads to the evolution of new strains, one or some of which are likely to become the cause of next year's flu season.

Its called education, get some before you make wild clams ...

And like i said if you can disprove the FACT of evolution then collect your nobel prize ...

St. Croix valley

#74098 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I stated that it is the nature of the FLU to change itself. It still remains the same flu. It's NATURE does not change at all.
Biology proves beyond that the shadow of any doubt that all life fiercely resists change, which is why DNA is the backbone of life. It is precisely the LACK of change that makes the evolutionary model impossible.
Yet another example of how you demonstrate you have no idea what you are talking about.
hardly the same flu...how can a staph virus that is resistant to all the antibiotics that used to kill it be considered the same spedcies of virus? it isn't it is a new species. the entire Lineus system of classification is outdated and does not clearly represent the true nature of species and variations. it will be changed int he near future...not to support the theory of evolution, but because of what we have learned from the theoryu of evolution.

St. Croix valley

#74099 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me some examp;les of this "life resists change' theory of yours...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#74100 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
the·o·ry
/&#712;TH&#275;&#6 01;r&#275;/
Noun
A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
sup·po·si·tion
/&#716;s&#601;p&#6 01;&#712;ziSH&#601;n/
Noun
An uncertain belief.
Synonyms
assumption - presumption - surmise - guess - conjecture
by definition, a theory in not fact... as some on here would have you believe.
And some like me have wondered since the beginning of this thread what was up with the use of that word 'theory'.
Evolution is, as far as i'm concerned.
Theorizing as to it's exact function, or having to teach the broad outlay might however get that qualification.
And that is just because it is nye impossible to cover al the details and all the progress.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#74101 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But do you ever wonder why the first civilizations did not occur until about 10,000 BC? Why is that?
Well I have a fairly good idea. In the early days I would bet that the hominids would have a very high rate of infant mortality. We do know that the peoples of around 10,000 years ago had a hard time just replacing themselves (having 2 children that lived).

Also, they were starting from scratch in everything. They had no accumulated knowledge from which to draw. No language to enable them to pass along vital information and knowledge. A scratch could kill them from sepsis because they didn't know the germ theory.

It has been estimated from the bones found that many many of them didn't live past 18-25 years old. That in itself is an impediment to passing along knowledge. For a long time they had no effective weapons to use against wild animals. In Africa, where we came from , there are many things that can kill you.

Then for the longest time we were hunter-gatherers and didn't stay in one place very long...we followed the food. It is only after many people realized we could grow lots of food if we stayed in one place that civilizations/cities started forming.

Another thing to consider is that there were several natural 'disasters' that wiped out lots of the world-wide populations occasionally. Ice ages, volcanoes....those kind of things. 75,000 years ago, when Mount Toba in Sumatra/Malaysia exploded, it may have brought population down to less than 10-20 thousand people.

The US government census bureau has estimated that world population around the time farming commenced in the middle east was 10-20 million people world-wide. All continents (except Antarctica) were populated by this time.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#74102 Feb 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwash with modification.
As far as i understood he and is merry gang were living of older well to do widows.
If you want to call that being the diciple of the master, i think you have a warped sense of reality.
The New Testament is propaganda written decades after his death by people with various political agendas. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the real Jesus or his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Bro 25,524
Is it possible to....... 8 min -CatCiao- 537
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 20 min mr goodwrench 112
Wicked Willie 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 21 min -CatCiao- 30,296
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 21 min Mahadev 23
Big Boobs!!!!!! (Jun '13) 23 min Proud To Be Trina 556
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 35 min Hoosier Hillbilly 70
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 152,399
More from around the web