Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74038 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
It is entirely correct. You are welcome to prove otherwise. No one has yet, and they've been working very hard to find a better model than currently exists.
Genetic engineering does not make new species, it changes current ones for some specific purpose, like seedless grapes.
But seedless grapes is not a positive change for evolution, as obviously, such grapes would go extinct the moment humans stopped growing them.
That is not evolution. Nor does it force evolution.
Now, if you have actual evidence of enough positive mutations occurring in any species that it created a new species, let's see the data. I assure you, you'd be a hero of the scientific community of you could pull that off.
:)
So our modern corn is the same species as the Tseotsine grass it was manipulated from? you really have no cluie as to the depths of your ignorance on this subject.

St. Croix valley

#74039 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
It is entirely correct. You are welcome to prove otherwise. No one has yet, and they've been working very hard to find a better model than currently exists.
Genetic engineering does not make new species, it changes current ones for some specific purpose, like seedless grapes.
But seedless grapes is not a positive change for evolution, as obviously, such grapes would go extinct the moment humans stopped growing them.
Now, if you have actual evidence of enough positive mutations occurring in any species that it created a new species, let's see the data. I assure you, you'd be a hero of the scientific community of you could pull that off.
where did our madern butterball turkeys come from? the thanksgiving bunny?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#74040 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God can never be created.
That actually may be true, although not as you might have meant.

"Alpha" and "omega" are still Greek, you halfwit.

St. Croix valley

#74041 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
where did the texas longhorn steer come from?

St. Croix valley

#74042 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Where in the hell did Lance Armstrong come from!?!

St. Croix valley

#74043 Feb 6, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
They just give each other wingjobs.
you have to be gay to get a wing job? man i was gay my whole high school years when my GF gave me all those hand jobs...

St. Croix valley

#74044 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God can never be created.
Sure he can. humans have created literally thousands of them just look at your calendar for a short list....

are you a blasphemer for using the gregorian calendar?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74045 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I just did prove your statements wrong...can't you read?
No you didn't. Not at all.

Now, I'm done playing games.

Evolution has never been proven. If you wish to continue, the burden of proof is now on you.

100+ years is more than enough time to try and sustain a theory. The gig is up. Modern science no utterly refutes evolution, and only politics and shameful, ignorant people like yourself stand in the way of progress and real science.

How do you plead?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74046 Feb 6, 2013
Oh, wait.

Woodstick, are you supporting DESIGN, not evolution, when you continue point out genetic engineering.

Are you suggesting then that evolution was guided, as we attempt today?

(This does not support your idea that genetic engineering is forcing evolution, which it is not.)

St. Croix valley

#74047 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has never been proven. If you wish to continue, the burden of proof is now on you.
100+ years is more than enough time to try and sustain a theory. The gig is up. Modern science no utterly refutes evolution, and only politics and shameful, ignorant people like yourself stand in the way of progress and real science.
How do you plead?
yes, in fact i did. we have created new species within the human timeframe. your understanding of the mechanics of evolution is what is faulty, not the theory. the theory is scientifically sound.

St. Croix valley

#74048 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Oh, wait.
Woodstick, are you supporting DESIGN, not evolution, when you continue point out genetic engineering.
(This does not support your idea that genetic engineering is forcing evolution, which it is not.)
you said it cant happen even with the force of human intervention. you were wrong. what else were you wrong about?

if an animal eats and spreads a certain sed because it si big and nutritious, how is that any different from humans picking the same seeds and then sowing them?

See where evolution works? we are just animals and part of the environment also...

sorry charlie....

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74049 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Where is xxooxx, I need a partner in crime! lol
( just clearing my head a little...;)

St. Croix valley

#74050 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
this is so not the place for that...

(nice elipses...)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74051 Feb 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
aww, hope you feel better

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74052 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Oh, wait.
what about non-coding DNA? design or evolution?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74053 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact i did. we have created new species within the human timeframe. your understanding of the mechanics of evolution is what is faulty, not the theory. the theory is scientifically sound.
And notice how you have not named the new species.

I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.

And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#74055 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>No you didn't. Not at all.

How do you plead?
Which is why 99.99% of working professionals in relevant fields of life sciences (biologists, etc) accept AND EMPLOY the Theory of Evolution.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#74056 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you plead?
Evolution has been proven over and over again and its the reason why you need a new flu shoot every year. And if you think you can disprove it wright it down, get it peer reviewed, and collect your nobel prize, not to mention the organizations that are offering
cash rewards totaling millions of dollars for disproving it.

So tell me, what is a better more logical explanation for life, A. an invisible being that lives in the sky snapped its
fingers and poof there is life. Or B. microscopic biological organisms evolved over billions of years forming thousands of
species including humans. Seems pretty straight forward to me ...

St. Croix valley

#74058 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And notice how you have not named the new species.
I will put aside the utter dishonesty in your attempt to replace "breeding" with forcing evolution, for the moment.
And let you further humiliate yourself with more embarrassing comments.
yes in fact i did. i do not know hte latin for our commercial turkeys or the longhorn steer or corn but you can look them up...

it was you that bru-ought up the forced breeding concept, saying even that didn't change species...you were wrong. that is what i pointed out to you.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#74059 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Of course you're not. It's all you've got.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
I can't imagine how one would "prove" that Evolution is happening. No matter how good the evidence for it, there could be a magical explanation.

I'm willing to settle for the facts that ToE provides plausible explanations for the diversity of Life, geographic distribution of organisms and nested hierarchies in genetic and fossil records.

I also like the fact that it relies on demonstrated processes and that it is falsifiable, but has never been falsified.

Can't get much better than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 37 min Kapil 756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 151,111
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 2 hr andet1987 7,349
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 3 hr Patrick Star 367
Bill Cosby 3 hr FTW Forever 223
Dog Haus Biergarten in Pasadena serves offbeat ... 3 hr Xstains In Name Only 1
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search