Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74012 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I thought we are all created equal in the eyes of God?
Yup, we all start the race together.
We do not all finish the race together
If you can grasp my meaning.

Location hidden

#74013 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>why wouldn't there be when God invented sex. HAHAHA!
One if his better inventions I would say.

Location hidden

#74014 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Heavenly sex? Where are the erogenous zones on the wings?
You don't need to know. It's not something you'll be experiencing.

:-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74015 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no way to know that, if humans are 200,000 years old (or is it 400,000, it keeps changing.)
Ever see any of the World Without Us shows? We now know that almost no evidence of any advanced civilization would endure past a few thousands years. And things like the pyramids are only a tiny fraction of the total sum of structures built.
Skyscrapers would not last past a 1000 years, cars and their engines no more than 50 to a 100 years, etc, etc. All traces would be gone, period.
Nature is a very harsh recycler.
OMG, that is the most pure, unmitigated bullshit I have read in a long time!

in fact, we have very direct evidence of civilizations that old. verifiable evidence.

the ;lastics and metal components of our modern civilization will be around for far, far longer than a few thousand years.

you are full of shit, dude.

Location hidden

#74016 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Oh please I am happy to be a woman. If I were a man I would be gay. OMG.
What is your "G" in OMG?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74017 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely no gender, however the more you do for Jesus the more you get rewarded in heaven. Women do usually suffer more on earth so they most likely will have more rewards in heaven. I understand the point made, too bad this stuff befuddles you so much.
Why are there male and female beings, deities, Gods and Goddesses?

St. Croix valley

#74018 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know much about archeology then. How did they find fossils from millions of years ago if there is no way to trace when the earliest civilizations came to existence? It doesn't make sense.
he;s talking out of his ass, none of the crap he posts is even remotely close to factual information...

St. Croix valley

#74019 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That might give new meaning to the expression "winging it".
that pretty much describes my entire life's sexual experience...

Level 5

above and beyond

#74020 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
One if his better inventions I would say.
Yes because men are tools ;-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#74021 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your "G" in OMG?
G spot

St. Croix valley

#74022 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
a complex society with a culture and government. Why did early civilizations have similarities but existed in different parts of the world? Did God decide to show up at about 10,000 BC in different cultures?
perhaps it took that long for groups of people to organize their efforts.

Read the book "guns germs, and steel." it is very edifying.

St. Croix valley

#74023 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
G spot
i usually go with 'Gasm...

St. Croix valley

#74024 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because men are tools ;-)
very useful tools. with very useful tools.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#74025 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he;s talking out of his ass, none of the crap he posts is even remotely close to factual information...
Quite.

I love folks who start off with "there is no factual evidence of evolution". Of course there is. Now you may dispute the interpretation of it but to say it doesn't exist is pure bullshit.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74026 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is also in no way proof of creation.
you have a very funny idea of what constitutes proof.
Not funny, but the truth!

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74027 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What parts of it are impossible?
All of it. The model doesn't work. When the model was proposed in earlier times when we understood less about biology, it might have made sense. But now that we now know that mutations in all species are extremely rare, and POSITIVE mutations are even more rare, the model falls apart.

Now we know through biology that changes in any species are extremely difficult to occur naturally, and still extremely difficult to force by manipulation. We cannot even force evolution to happen, let alone stand by an observe it.

Does that help?

Level 2

Location hidden

#74028 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "A" and "Z" stand for? Moron.
Moron, "A" stand for first and "Z " stand for last. Period.

St. Croix valley

#74029 Feb 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not funny, but the truth!
No, not prooof in any way, shape or form or in any definition of the word proof. other than that...

nailed it!

St. Croix valley

#74030 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
All of it. The model doesn't work. When the model was proposed in earlier times when we understood less about biology, it might have made sense. But now that we now know that mutations in all species are extremely rare, and POSITIVE mutations are even more rare, the model falls apart.
Now we know through biology that changes in any species are extremely difficult to occur naturally, and still extremely difficult to force by manipulation. We cannot even force evolution to happen, let alone stand by an observe it.
Does that help?
that also, is not factually correct. nice try. again, which parts of it are incorrect?

difficult to force? seriously dude?!?!? we are making new species of plants every year! we have manipulated animals so they glow in the freakin' dark?

you are so far over your idiotic head that you can't even fathom (pun intended..) the depths ( again) of your ignorance.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74031 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure we can! humans have created thousands of gods. most of them more interesting than yours.
maybe the universe was, is and always will be and then humans created god.(well, we know the last part is true. llok at all the human traits your mythical god has, he is a vindictive, jealous little prick. why would a god be so human like if humans didn't invent him?
We invented the god concept and yet we will all die, either timely or time, why?
Since we are the inventors then why can we not inmortalise .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 3 min Mechanic 239
I don't understand why any married man or woman... 4 min CJ Rocker 11
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min Pepe 17,128
News 11 weird memes that help explain the British el... 7 min Aspirin Between M... 3
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 8 min marianne goldweber 14,160
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min TALLYHO 8541 40,322
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Crazy Beautiful 161,909
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 47 min DILF 47
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr DILF 10,962
More from around the web