Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73998 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the humerus is located in the upper arm. is there one also in the skeletal structure of the angelic wing anatomy?
I dunno. Maybe angels don't have sex but take the male form.

Level 5

above and beyond

#73999 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you consider a civilization?
a complex society with a culture and government. Why did early civilizations have similarities but existed in different parts of the world? Did God decide to show up at about 10,000 BC in different cultures?

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Windsor, Canada

#74000 Feb 6, 2013
Our planet was created in 7 days......
I watched a video on it.......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74001 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. Maybe angels don't have sex but take the male form.
Wouldn't really be heaven without good sex, would it?

that brings up my next question. what about the gay people in heaven? how does that work?

St. Croix valley

#74002 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, how does your reply follow?
Here is my post again:
"Is it too late for a rebuttal?
Probably.
Since your argument is from the point of view that evolution is correct, you will falsely believe the status quo is on your side.
But that simply is not, and never has been, the case. Evolution has no substantial evidence whatsoever, and never has. The only reason such poor scientific ideas have even emerged is strictly for political and sociological reasons. It is no coincidence that both a new, anti-Christian world view, and pro-evolution world view have emerged together.
And, I am not a Creationist. I think the universe is billions of years old, so do not hold to the Creationist view at all. I merely point out a fact that most laymen, and evidently, most scientists (who usual lack knowledge of biology anyway, as science is very specialized and not general), hold to a world view that has no foundation whatsoever in science, or reality. And that is evolution.
Does that scare you?"
Care to explain?
Kind of pointless to repost as your basic premise that evolution has no substantial evidence is incorrect.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#74003 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But do you ever wonder why the first civilizations did not occur until about 10,000 BC? Why is that?
Actually, there is no way to know that, if humans are 200,000 years old (or is it 400,000, it keeps changing.)

Ever see any of the World Without Us shows? We now know that almost no evidence of any advanced civilization would endure past a few thousands years. And things like the pyramids are only a tiny fraction of the total sum of structures built.

Skyscrapers would not last past a 1000 years, cars and their engines no more than 50 to a 100 years, etc, etc. All traces would be gone, period.

Nature is a very harsh recycler.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#74004 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Oh please I am happy to be a woman. If I were a man I would be gay. OMG.
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74005 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't really be heaven without good sex, would it?
that brings up my next question. what about the gay people in heaven? how does that work?
The official response is that homosexuality is unnatural and disordered, and the resurrected body would suffer no such imperfections or disorders. But then again, the official response is that making no attempt to restrain homosexual desire means you won't get to heaven in the first place.

As for sex in heaven, it should be possible since we will have bodies, and stil retain our sexual nature as man and woman. But being there would be of much less importance, as the pleasure of it would be incomparable to God's presence.

Think of candy. It's sweet, and good, and brings on a moment of bliss. But compared to sex, candy is put out of mind. Well, sex would become like candy, and also put out of mind compared to something much greater.

Does that help?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#74006 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of pointless to repost as your basic premise that evolution has no substantial evidence is incorrect.
Not at all.

I speak on a purely scientific level in regards to the model of evolution. After many decades of being put to the test, it has failed time and time again.

I could explain further, it's rather simple actually. But most often, some people are so entrenched in their world view that any threat to it is met with deep hostility.

But biology and physics proves it beyond the shadow of any doubt. Evolution is simply not possible as the current model stands.

That is not to say it is not true. I never stated that. I still cling to it myself. It makes for good science fiction, after all. But once you get down to the simple basics of the model, it becomes impossible.

Either we are missing something profound that would better explain the possibility of evolution, or it simply never happened.

St. Croix valley

#74007 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The official response is that homosexuality is unnatural and disordered, and the resurrected body would suffer no such imperfections or disorders. But then again, the official response is that making no attempt to restrain homosexual desire means you won't get to heaven in the first place.
As for sex in heaven, it should be possible since we will have bodies, and stil retain our sexual nature as man and woman. But being there would be of much less importance, as the pleasure of it would be incomparable to God's presence.
Think of candy. It's sweet, and good, and brings on a moment of bliss. But compared to sex, candy is put out of mind. Well, sex would become like candy, and also put out of mind compared to something much greater.
Does that help?
the official response is there are no souls so heaven is just abunch of hokum.

how could having pretty much the same percentage of humans being homosexual since recorded history be unnatural. all evidence would clearly suggest that homosexuality is , in fact, a very natural part of our species.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74008 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no way to know that, if humans are 200,000 years old (or is it 400,000, it keeps changing.)
Ever see any of the World Without Us shows? We now know that almost no evidence of any advanced civilization would endure past a few thousands years. And things like the pyramids are only a tiny fraction of the total sum of structures built.
Skyscrapers would not last past a 1000 years, cars and their engines no more than 50 to a 100 years, etc, etc. All traces would be gone, period.
Then you don't know much about archeology then. How did they find fossils from millions of years ago if there is no way to trace when the earliest civilizations came to existence? It doesn't make sense.

St. Croix valley

#74009 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
I speak on a purely scientific level in regards to the model of evolution. After many decades of being put to the test, it has failed time and time again.
I could explain further, it's rather simple actually. But most often, some people are so entrenched in their world view that any threat to it is met with deep hostility.
But biology and physics proves it beyond the shadow of any doubt. Evolution is simply not possible as the current model stands.
That is not to say it is not true. I never stated that. I still cling to it myself. It makes for good science fiction, after all. But once you get down to the simple basics of the model, it becomes impossible.
Either we are missing something profound that would better explain the possibility of evolution, or it simply never happened.
What parts of it are impossible?

Level 5

above and beyond

#74010 Feb 6, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
lol. now we're talking!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74011 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there would be gender in heaven?
Most likely no gender, however the more you do for Jesus the more you get rewarded in heaven. Women do usually suffer more on earth so they most likely will have more rewards in heaven. I understand the point made, too bad this stuff befuddles you so much.

Location hidden

#74012 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I thought we are all created equal in the eyes of God?
Yup, we all start the race together.
We do not all finish the race together
If you can grasp my meaning.

Location hidden

#74013 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>why wouldn't there be when God invented sex. HAHAHA!
One if his better inventions I would say.

Location hidden

#74014 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Heavenly sex? Where are the erogenous zones on the wings?
You don't need to know. It's not something you'll be experiencing.

:-)

St. Croix valley

#74015 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, that is the most pure, unmitigated bullshit I have read in a long time!

in fact, we have very direct evidence of civilizations that old. verifiable evidence.

the ;lastics and metal components of our modern civilization will be around for far, far longer than a few thousand years.

you are full of shit, dude.

Location hidden

#74016 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Oh please I am happy to be a woman. If I were a man I would be gay. OMG.
What is your "G" in OMG?

Level 5

above and beyond

#74017 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely no gender, however the more you do for Jesus the more you get rewarded in heaven. Women do usually suffer more on earth so they most likely will have more rewards in heaven. I understand the point made, too bad this stuff befuddles you so much.
Why are there male and female beings, deities, Gods and Goddesses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 3 min Old Sam 2,411
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Blacque Jacque Sh... 20,507
What Could Be Mixed,...? 5 min Old Sam 34
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 7 min Old Sam 13,326
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 10 min Old Sam 3,629
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Old Sam 146,995
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 17 min Adrian DeVine 413
What's your tip for the day? 24 min Anonomuss 1,076
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr eleanorigby 36,514
•••