Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#73978 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Sorry Yankee, you are facepalmingly wrong about evolution. The fact that you don't understand the evidence for it does not make it a weak theory. To judge how strong a theory is you need to poll scientists and you will find that the vast majority will say that evolution is a very very very strong theory.
You might not think you are lying, but once you are corrected and cannot find evidence to disprove the correction if you continue with the same claims then you are lying. In the first case you might not have known better. In the second case you did. So please stop lying, or prove that there is no evidence for evolution.
Odds are that you are just another lying creationist. We have had a few of them here lately. They know that they cannot defend their belief in creation so they deny it, while trying to disprove evolution at the same time.
Now you can say that you are not convinced. That would not be a lie. But to say it is not a strong theory is a lie. To say that there is no evidence of it is a lie. To say that it cannot be tested is a lie.
Do you understand?
Is it too late for a rebuttal?

Probably.

Since your argument is from the point of view that evolution is correct, you will falsely believe the status quo is on your side.

But that simply is not, and never has been, the case. Evolution has no substantial evidence whatsoever, and never has. The only reason such poor scientific ideas have even emerged is strictly for political and sociological reasons. It is no coincidence that both a new, anti-Christian world view, and pro-evolution world view have emerged together.

And, I am not a Creationist. I think the universe is billions of years old, so do not hold to the Creationist view at all. I merely point out a fact that most laymen, and evidently, most scientists (who usual lack knowledge of biology anyway, as science is very specialized and not general), hold to a world view that has no foundation whatsoever in science, or reality. And that is evolution.

Does that scare you?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73979 Feb 6, 2013
Jesus said there will be no formal unions such as marriage in the Kingdom of Heaven, so I believe woman will have a greater ranking in Heaven than they now have on earth.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73980 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?
Adam and Eve were not the first man God created. Adam and Eve could not have accounted for the different racial groups. It is only the first man creation myth geared towards the birth of religion by showing what is the meaning of SIN with the advent of Satan. The necessary evil per se. I'm sure God has other concerns besides religion. The truth is out there. But people still don't get it.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#73981 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Starry starry night" reference.
You're dating yourself.
So am I.
Laffin.
That's the one song that always brings a tear to my eye.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73982 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus said there will be no formal unions such as marriage in the Kingdom of Heaven, so I believe woman will have a greater ranking in Heaven than they now have on earth.
there would be gender in heaven?

Level 5

above and beyond

#73983 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
lol. I thought we are all created equal in the eyes of God?

Level 5

above and beyond

#73984 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there would be gender in heaven?
why wouldn't there be when God invented sex. HAHAHA!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73985 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The real God is a scientist, the one who created DNA and the elements. Just in case you haven't figured out yet, he's everything that is. He possess both negative and positive qualities. I'm sure there is a reason why He imposed those laws in the biblical times. But then, you know there is a time and place for everything. Just in case you didn't notice, times have changed and yet you're complaining about issues from the past. But I can understand where you're coming from as I don't get bible literalists myself. They're hard headed. lol
why are you a man pretending to be a woman???

St. Croix valley

#73986 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why wouldn't there be when God invented sex. HAHAHA!
Heavenly sex? Where are the erogenous zones on the wings?

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73987 Feb 6, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it too late for a rebuttal?
Probably.
Since your argument is from the point of view that evolution is correct, you will falsely believe the status quo is on your side.
But that simply is not, and never has been, the case. Evolution has no substantial evidence whatsoever, and never has. The only reason such poor scientific ideas have even emerged is strictly for political and sociological reasons. It is no coincidence that both a new, anti-Christian world view, and pro-evolution world view have emerged together.
And, I am not a Creationist. I think the universe is billions of years old, so do not hold to the Creationist view at all. I merely point out a fact that most laymen, and evidently, most scientists (who usual lack knowledge of biology anyway, as science is very specialized and not general), hold to a world view that has no foundation whatsoever in science, or reality. And that is evolution.
Does that scare you?
As a laymen with apparently no vested interest it's really nice that you came out out on the side of hate,racism sexism..let us know how you vote in the local election so we can do the opposite

Level 5

above and beyond

#73988 Feb 6, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>why are you a man pretending to be a woman???
LOL! Oh please I am happy to be a woman. If I were a man I would be gay. OMG.

Level 5

above and beyond

#73989 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Heavenly sex? Where are the erogenous zones on the wings?
the funny bone ;-0

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#73990 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?
Adam did not Exist as written in the Bible....neither did Eve.

Modern humans have been around for 200,000 +- years and the DNA record does NOT show us descending from two humans 6,000 +- years ago.

This is provable fact.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#73991 Feb 6, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>That's the one song that always brings a tear to my eye.
Mine, also.

I'll deny that, though.

Wait, what?...

Level 5

above and beyond

#73992 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern humans have been around for 200,000 +- years and the DNA record does NOT show us descending from two humans 6,000 +- years ago.
This is provable fact.
Right. But do you ever wonder why the first civilizations did not occur until about 10,000 BC? Why is that?

St. Croix valley

#73993 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
the funny bone ;-0
the humerus is located in the upper arm. is there one also in the skeletal structure of the angelic wing anatomy?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#73994 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Heavenly sex? Where are the erogenous zones on the wings?
That might give new meaning to the expression "winging it".

St. Croix valley

#73995 Feb 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
This is provable fact.
i picture Free Servant with his fingers in his ears going "nanananana"...

i've pointed this out to him many, many times, and he seems to have no answer for it...

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#73996 Feb 6, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>As a laymen with apparently no vested interest it's really nice that you came out out on the side of hate,racism sexism..let us know how you vote in the local election so we can do the opposite
I'm sorry, how does your reply follow?

Here is my post again:

"Is it too late for a rebuttal?
Probably.
Does that scare you?"

Care to explain?

St. Croix valley

#73997 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But do you ever wonder why the first civilizations did not occur until about 10,000 BC? Why is that?
What do you consider a civilization?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 min Judy 123 6,948
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 min Baby Jesus 25,469
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 2 min andet1987 176
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 4 min Judy 123 1,275
What's your tip for the day? 5 min beatlesinafog 1,796
Mystery man hands out $100 bills in Massachusetts 6 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 18
The Letter "D" (Jul '09) 7 min Judy 123 4,511
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Wolftracks 152,345
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 29 min -Lea- 70
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr dragoon70056 37,715