Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,561 - 69,580 of 114,450 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Try another shit, but i am assuring your results will be full of shit. Huh!
You can assure me of whatever you like it will make no difference to FACT

You want an explanation without the bother of learning and because that explanation is beyond your simple comprehension you ignore it anyway.

You want that explanation on topix without the bother of learning because you are too ignorant to bother learning.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.(NIV)
Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.(NIV)
This statement by Jesus is very important to Christianity because it clearly means that Jesus existed before creation and will continue to exist for all eternity. He was with God before anything was created, and therefore, took part in creation. Jesus, like God, was not created. He is eternal. Thus, Alpha and Omega as a Christian symbol signifies the eternal nature of Jesus Christ and God.
No kidding. Yes, it is a symbol. But not a translation as Chuckles the Clown maintains.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is no such thing as evolution.
That's just a very old science myth.
No. The myth is creationism, as the Bible was written by hundreds of authors during the time of mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.[1]

Life on Earth originated and then evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by shared DNA sequences.[2] These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.[3]

Charles Darwin and Alfred Wallace were the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. Evolution by natural selection is a process that is inferred from three facts about populations: 1) more offspring are produced than can possibly survive, 2) traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction, and 3) trait differences are heritable.[4] Thus, when members of a population die they are replaced by the progeny of parents that were better adapted to survive and reproduce in the environment in which natural selection took place. This process creates and preserves traits that are seemingly fitted for the functional roles they perform.[5] Natural selection is the only known cause of adaptation, but not the only known cause of evolution. Other, nonadaptive causes of evolution include mutation and genetic drift.[6]

In the early 20th century, genetics was integrated with Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection through the discipline of population genetics. The importance of natural selection as a cause of evolution was accepted into other branches of biology. Moreover, previously held notions about evolution, such as orthogenesis and "progress" became obsolete.[7] Scientists continue to study various aspects of evolution by forming and testing hypotheses, constructing scientific theories, using observational data, and performing experiments in both the field and the laboratory. Biologists agree that descent with modification is one of the most reliably established facts in science.[8] Discoveries in evolutionary biology have made a significant impact not just within the traditional branches of biology, but also in other academic disciplines (e.g., anthropology and psychology) and on society at large.[9][10]

----------

It's only for thinking people whose brainstem has attached to his/her brain.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you repeating a lie doesn't make me believe it.
To quote Charles: Likewise!
Langoliers wrote:
There is zero proof for macro evolution.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is no such thing as evolution.
That's just a very old science myth.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> With all the "religiosity" expressed on this thread, we christians tend to forget that Christianity is about christ, not our imagined ability to add to or take away from him (He does not need our "explanations" or defenses). The central issue is simply that Christ says "I am". You athiests are free to not believe, I will not resort to ridicule or cruelty.
Not believing is the default position for anything that can't be supported with verifiable evidence.
mas vacation

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure me of whatever you like it will make no difference to FACT
You want an explanation without the bother of learning and because that explanation is beyond your simple comprehension you ignore it anyway.
You want that explanation on topix without the bother of learning because you are too ignorant to bother learning.
Y U scare me! please remove from facebook account;-00000h, is yo face carbon13?!;-0r skelton bone association with Yale;-000

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The SCP or Systems, Cycles and Patterns idea was formulated here on these forum topix threads and the Dude and Kong are part of its history. The nay sayers have caused it to come into what it is.
Hey! Dont you sully MY name with your nonsense!

Just to clarify: "FREE SPIRIT" (and his socks) is the SOLE author of this "SCP" crap.
mas vacation

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify: "FREE SPIRIT" (and his socks) is the SOLE author of this "SCP" crap.
hey! Kong_King;) stil reading the yo yr book or face book! hope not Jesus, Buddda, n Morhamad book!!!;-00

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Find out the meaning of God.
Nothing can create Yahweh( God).
By definition. But still, if you ask "why is there anything rather than nothing", saying "God" answers nothing at all. Why is there God rather than nothing at all?

All you have done is plug in a magic word to try and make the question go away, and failed.

The real answer you are too terrified to accept? Nobody has a damned clue.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

mas vacation wrote:
<quoted text>
Y U scare me! please remove from facebook account;-00000h, is yo face carbon13?!;-0r skelton bone association with Yale;-000
Don’t be stupid, I am not on facebook
It is a late cro-magnon skull, a traditional artefact that godbots claim cannot exist. I photographed it at the National Museum of Prehistory. Les Eyzies-de-Tayac, Dordogne
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition. But still, if you ask "why is there anything rather than nothing", saying "God" answers nothing at all. Why is there God rather than nothing at all?
All you have done is plug in a magic word to try and make the question go away, and failed.
The real answer you are too terrified to accept? Nobody has a damned clue.
Jesus clearly taught that the word was like a vey small seed and it branched out to become great. The heavens and the earth includes all of the universe and it was created by the Word of God. Jesus told things in parables that were from the foundations of the heaven and the earth.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus clearly taught that the word was like a vey small seed and it branched out to become great. The heavens and the earth includes all of the universe and it was created by the Word of God. Jesus told things in parables that were from the foundations of the heaven and the earth.
Clearly? There is not even any factual evidence that jesus existed and there is considerable evidence to say that ho didn’t exist in the form depicted in the NT so where do godbots get of claiming “clearly”?

It’s another of those hijacked words like “truth” that seem to mean something different to godbots that to the rest of the English speaking world.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus clearly taught that the word was like a vey small seed and it branched out to become great. The heavens and the earth includes all of the universe and it was created by the Word of God. Jesus told things in parables that were from the foundations of the heaven and the earth.
You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...
Yes.

How hard would it have been to say "Make nice to each other" so it couldn't possibly be misunderstood?

“you must not give faith”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he is your science God that started the bad science movement.
But he isn't our "science God", today he is c*** compared to us he would barely recognise his theory - which does not mean what you think it means – if he saw it today. We now have Evolutionally Stable Strategies, game theory, genes, examples of modern day examples of speciation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index... http://nondiscovery.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/... , chromosome 2
, the bacterial flagellum http://www.youtube.com/watch... and websites full of transitional fossils http://www.livescience.com/3306-fossils-revea... http://www.transitionalfossils.com/ and we have more people now who understand and can explain Evolution, so many in fact even (for lack of a better term) layman understand better then Darwin ever could…
Here is just 2 You Tubers and some videos of theirs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
We have moved beyond Darwin our reasons are different so I ask again why quote him?...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...
Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.
you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?

i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
How hard would it have been to say "Make nice to each other" so it couldn't possibly be misunderstood?
Like so many before him had said...they weren't gods, neither was he..

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
hardly...it is plagerized from ao many old theories...

even the Oglalla shaman Black Elk had the same basic theory. nothing new there.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?
i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.
He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••