Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#73958 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...
Yes.

How hard would it have been to say "Make nice to each other" so it couldn't possibly be misunderstood?

“you must not give faith”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#73959 Feb 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he is your science God that started the bad science movement.
But he isn't our "science God", today he is c*** compared to us he would barely recognise his theory - which does not mean what you think it means – if he saw it today. We now have Evolutionally Stable Strategies, game theory, genes, examples of modern day examples of speciation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index... http://nondiscovery.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/... , chromosome 2
, the bacterial flagellum http://www.youtube.com/watch... and websites full of transitional fossils http://www.livescience.com/3306-fossils-revea... http://www.transitionalfossils.com/ and we have more people now who understand and can explain Evolution, so many in fact even (for lack of a better term) layman understand better then Darwin ever could…
Here is just 2 You Tubers and some videos of theirs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
We have moved beyond Darwin our reasons are different so I ask again why quote him?...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73960 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...
Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73961 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.
you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?

i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.

St. Croix valley

#73962 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
How hard would it have been to say "Make nice to each other" so it couldn't possibly be misunderstood?
Like so many before him had said...they weren't gods, neither was he..

St. Croix valley

#73963 Feb 6, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Dont you sully MY name with your nonsense!
Just to clarify: "FREE SPIRIT" (and his socks) is the SOLE author of this "SCP" crap.
hardly...it is plagerized from ao many old theories...

even the Oglalla shaman Black Elk had the same basic theory. nothing new there.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73964 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?
i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.
He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.

St. Croix valley

#73965 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.
So did many other people. they were not gods either. no god, gods or goddesses ever shown.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#73966 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Like so many before him had said...they weren't gods, neither was he..
Hippocrates came close - "Primum Non Nocere" is a fair effort.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#73967 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.
"Starry starry night" reference.

You're dating yourself.

So am I.

Laffin.

St. Croix valley

#73968 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hippocrates came close - "Primum Non Nocere" is a fair effort.
My mom was pretty close...

"Behave!"
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73969 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly...it is plagerized from ao many old theories...
even the Oglalla shaman Black Elk had the same basic theory. nothing new there.
Solomon knew about it and even mentioned it in Ecclesiastes.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#73970 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was pretty close...
"Behave!"
I'd buy that, even if she didn't say it in Latin.

St. Croix valley

#73971 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Solomon knew about it and even mentioned it in Ecclesiastes.
Well then it has to be true, it's in the bible!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73972 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.
that would be the "clique" that you know treated women like human beings I guess, I mean , no offense but if I wa going to make up a god and pretend he was a product of incest, I wouldn't make him so stupid and cruel that he would write scripture that encouraged slavery and the subjugation. of women, I'd make him, well you know, nice,he would be caring, decent and kind, not the abomination you worship...oh and yeah..he would be a scientist so that we don't have to have this ridiculous argument over and over again....I guess I'd just want him to be a decent fella and not the retard you goddies masturbate to your entire lives

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73973 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote Charles: Likewise!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
can i just point out that this will be the one and hopefully only time charles will be quoted anywhere and everywhere....

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73974 Feb 6, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>that would be the "clique" that you know treated women like human beings I guess, I mean , no offense but if I wa going to make up a god and pretend he was a product of incest, I wouldn't make him so stupid and cruel that he would write scripture that encouraged slavery and the subjugation. of women, I'd make him, well you know, nice,he would be caring, decent and kind, not the abomination you worship...oh and yeah..he would be a scientist so that we don't have to have this ridiculous argument over and over again....I guess I'd just want him to be a decent fella and not the retard you goddies masturbate to your entire lives
The real God is a scientist, the one who created DNA and the elements. Just in case you haven't figured out yet, he's everything that is. He possess both negative and positive qualities. I'm sure there is a reason why He imposed those laws in the biblical times. But then, you know there is a time and place for everything. Just in case you didn't notice, times have changed and yet you're complaining about issues from the past. But I can understand where you're coming from as I don't get bible literalists myself. They're hard headed. lol
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73975 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The real God is a scientist, the one who created DNA and the elements. Just in case you haven't figured out yet, he's everything that is. He possess both negative and positive qualities. I'm sure there is a reason why He imposed those laws in the biblical times. But then, you know there is a time and place for everything. Just in case you didn't notice, times have changed and yet you're complaining about issues from the past. But I can understand where you're coming from as I don't get bible literalists myself. They're hard headed. lol
Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?

St. Croix valley

#73976 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible is whatever you feel it should mean? hardly the word of any god, then, is it? not that it really is now...

St. Croix valley

#73977 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?
We know for a fact that the human race was not started by two created people. especially two genetically identical people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Mega Monster 7,472
how to forget a person u love but has hurt u? (Apr '11) 3 min Princess Hey 285
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 3 min andet1987 9,221
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 5 min Princess Hey 169
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min andet1987 16,175
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min andet1987 55,238
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 9 min Princess Hey 1,533
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min -Lea- 25,418
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min Shaddup 37,714
True or False Game 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,240
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 152,341
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 2 hr chortle 68