Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164359 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73960 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think someone would have written them down in his lifetime if jesus' words were so godlike...
Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73961 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.
you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?

i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.

St. Croix valley

#73962 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
How hard would it have been to say "Make nice to each other" so it couldn't possibly be misunderstood?
Like so many before him had said...they weren't gods, neither was he..

St. Croix valley

#73963 Feb 6, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Dont you sully MY name with your nonsense!
Just to clarify: "FREE SPIRIT" (and his socks) is the SOLE author of this "SCP" crap.
hardly...it is plagerized from ao many old theories...

even the Oglalla shaman Black Elk had the same basic theory. nothing new there.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73964 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you'd think one of his friends or believers would have written it down...seems a little fishy, yes?
i mean, if you truly believe this guy to be a god, wouldn't you wnat to get his words right? why wait till long after he was dead to write what you think you remember he said, or what someone told you they thought he said? Pure BS. if these people thought he was a god, they would have written everything he said, saved his old clothes, sold t-shirts with his picture...the whole spiel.
He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.

St. Croix valley

#73965 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.
So did many other people. they were not gods either. no god, gods or goddesses ever shown.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#73966 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Like so many before him had said...they weren't gods, neither was he..
Hippocrates came close - "Primum Non Nocere" is a fair effort.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#73967 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He told the people the truth, but they would not listen an they're not listening still.
"Starry starry night" reference.

You're dating yourself.

So am I.

Laffin.

St. Croix valley

#73968 Feb 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hippocrates came close - "Primum Non Nocere" is a fair effort.
My mom was pretty close...

"Behave!"
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73969 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly...it is plagerized from ao many old theories...
even the Oglalla shaman Black Elk had the same basic theory. nothing new there.
Solomon knew about it and even mentioned it in Ecclesiastes.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#73970 Feb 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was pretty close...
"Behave!"
I'd buy that, even if she didn't say it in Latin.

St. Croix valley

#73971 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Solomon knew about it and even mentioned it in Ecclesiastes.
Well then it has to be true, it's in the bible!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73972 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus wasn't in the clique and the powers of the time did not want his name to be known. The powerful elite have always tried to make their own history.
that would be the "clique" that you know treated women like human beings I guess, I mean , no offense but if I wa going to make up a god and pretend he was a product of incest, I wouldn't make him so stupid and cruel that he would write scripture that encouraged slavery and the subjugation. of women, I'd make him, well you know, nice,he would be caring, decent and kind, not the abomination you worship...oh and yeah..he would be a scientist so that we don't have to have this ridiculous argument over and over again....I guess I'd just want him to be a decent fella and not the retard you goddies masturbate to your entire lives

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73973 Feb 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote Charles: Likewise!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
can i just point out that this will be the one and hopefully only time charles will be quoted anywhere and everywhere....

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73974 Feb 6, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>that would be the "clique" that you know treated women like human beings I guess, I mean , no offense but if I wa going to make up a god and pretend he was a product of incest, I wouldn't make him so stupid and cruel that he would write scripture that encouraged slavery and the subjugation. of women, I'd make him, well you know, nice,he would be caring, decent and kind, not the abomination you worship...oh and yeah..he would be a scientist so that we don't have to have this ridiculous argument over and over again....I guess I'd just want him to be a decent fella and not the retard you goddies masturbate to your entire lives
The real God is a scientist, the one who created DNA and the elements. Just in case you haven't figured out yet, he's everything that is. He possess both negative and positive qualities. I'm sure there is a reason why He imposed those laws in the biblical times. But then, you know there is a time and place for everything. Just in case you didn't notice, times have changed and yet you're complaining about issues from the past. But I can understand where you're coming from as I don't get bible literalists myself. They're hard headed. lol
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73975 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The real God is a scientist, the one who created DNA and the elements. Just in case you haven't figured out yet, he's everything that is. He possess both negative and positive qualities. I'm sure there is a reason why He imposed those laws in the biblical times. But then, you know there is a time and place for everything. Just in case you didn't notice, times have changed and yet you're complaining about issues from the past. But I can understand where you're coming from as I don't get bible literalists myself. They're hard headed. lol
Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?

St. Croix valley

#73976 Feb 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible is whatever you feel it should mean? hardly the word of any god, then, is it? not that it really is now...

St. Croix valley

#73977 Feb 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not believe that Eve was created as a help meet for Adam?
We know for a fact that the human race was not started by two created people. especially two genetically identical people.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#73978 Feb 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Sorry Yankee, you are facepalmingly wrong about evolution. The fact that you don't understand the evidence for it does not make it a weak theory. To judge how strong a theory is you need to poll scientists and you will find that the vast majority will say that evolution is a very very very strong theory.
You might not think you are lying, but once you are corrected and cannot find evidence to disprove the correction if you continue with the same claims then you are lying. In the first case you might not have known better. In the second case you did. So please stop lying, or prove that there is no evidence for evolution.
Odds are that you are just another lying creationist. We have had a few of them here lately. They know that they cannot defend their belief in creation so they deny it, while trying to disprove evolution at the same time.
Now you can say that you are not convinced. That would not be a lie. But to say it is not a strong theory is a lie. To say that there is no evidence of it is a lie. To say that it cannot be tested is a lie.
Do you understand?
Is it too late for a rebuttal?

Probably.

Since your argument is from the point of view that evolution is correct, you will falsely believe the status quo is on your side.

But that simply is not, and never has been, the case. Evolution has no substantial evidence whatsoever, and never has. The only reason such poor scientific ideas have even emerged is strictly for political and sociological reasons. It is no coincidence that both a new, anti-Christian world view, and pro-evolution world view have emerged together.

And, I am not a Creationist. I think the universe is billions of years old, so do not hold to the Creationist view at all. I merely point out a fact that most laymen, and evidently, most scientists (who usual lack knowledge of biology anyway, as science is very specialized and not general), hold to a world view that has no foundation whatsoever in science, or reality. And that is evolution.

Does that scare you?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#73979 Feb 6, 2013
Jesus said there will be no formal unions such as marriage in the Kingdom of Heaven, so I believe woman will have a greater ranking in Heaven than they now have on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Could Be Catchy,...? (Sep '14) 5 min ABERRANT 35
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 5 min loveukasian 8
What Could Be Hot? 8 min ABERRANT 152
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 12 min Lumatrix 5,778
Word Association (Jun '10) 13 min Lumatrix 27,717
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min Lumatrix 3,535
Poll Things that drive you crazy (Jan '10) 18 min DILF 4,596
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min eleanorigby 40,751
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 48 min DILF 647
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 1 hr DILF 13