Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,521 - 69,540 of 113,208 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about your spontaneous life theory!
i have no theory of how life started. i seriously doubt it started here on earth, but that is my personal opinion.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.
Why are you so sure there are advanced civilizations? there is no proof of such.

again, you stated that the earth, was created at the beginning of the universe, therefore there could not be any worlds older than urs, so probably not any more advanced, that was what I was getting at.

again, i would love to see this proof of more advanced civilizations. i always wonder why people take this a given, perhaps we are the most advanced. why not?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are a primitive species, advanced civs have been around for millions of years....that means woodstick, the Bible story is a ....human story like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny , all three fairy tales. That should clear up all that confusion in your gray matter. And, it must be true, its in black and white. God was created in the primitive human mind, so that means the universe is older than the Bible story by billions of years. So answer this question: Can humans contact advanced civs utilizing human technology? Goodluck.
if you were flying in a jet over the amazon, and a tribe that never got out of the stone age signaled you with a fire, you would still know someone is there...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain
the heart is an og=rgan used for pumping blood throught animals bodies. it does not hold evil. nothing holds evil as it is a concept in peoples' mind. it is not an entity or something that exists.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have no theory of how life started. i seriously doubt it started here on earth, but that is my personal opinion.
Regardless of where it started how did it start?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the heart is an og=rgan used for pumping blood throught animals bodies. it does not hold evil. nothing holds evil as it is a concept in peoples' mind. it is not an entity or something that exists.
You are right it's a mental construct. But negative energy exists.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
study the elements you might find the answer
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you were flying in a jet over the amazon, and a tribe that never got out of the stone age signaled you with a fire, you would still know someone is there...
Woody, ever heard of Blue Book or SETI? Why would the smartest, most intelligent people on this planet focus on contacting beings not of this earth? Plus, experience is the best indication that humans are infact not alone. Not alone but, light years behind the beings it desperately wants to contact. The primitive human animals mind can grasp a story.....not the reality of its existence.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a science book! No magic, superstition, primitive thought or other childish nonsense involved ...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right it's a mental construct. But negative energy exists.
it would be nice if there a shred of evidence of such.

remember the XKCD cartoon....

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
i cant help but sense some negative energy coming from you

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Woody, ever heard of Blue Book or SETI? Why would the smartest, most intelligent people on this planet focus on contacting beings not of this earth? Plus, experience is the best indication that humans are infact not alone. Not alone but, light years behind the beings it desperately wants to contact. The primitive human animals mind can grasp a story.....not the reality of its existence.
So that would be no proof of these more advanced civilizations...

i would doubt we are the only life in the universe, but to flat out say there have been more advanced civilizations for millions of years is a flat out lie and would put you with the bigfoot people....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No human knows.
Superwilly

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you believe that myth over all the other ones?
Good question. The answer lies in the uniqueness of christ and his and his ascertation that no one comes unto the father but through him. It's not anti science, but somethng totally different, faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>study the elements you might find the answer
LOL

My granddaddy is no rock!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>Read a science book! No magic, superstition, primitive thought or other childish nonsense involved ...
Please explain: science is testable and provable. Now explain spontaneous life.

No magic just start with the rain falling on rocks no atmosphere, no oxygen, just rocks and rain. Ok take it away I'll wait.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. The answer lies in the uniqueness of christ and his and his ascertation that no one comes unto the father but through him. It's not anti science, but somethng totally different, faith.
yet its just the rehash of so many previous religous myths? and you call that unique? you've been brainwashed by a cult.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

PRIME RIB wrote:
<quoted text>i cant help but sense some negative energy coming from you
Hmmm. I'm not sure why. I've been laughing my as$ off on these threads today there is some real funny people out there you know. So what is it that could be giving you the wrong impression?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No human knows.
But it could not be God right?

You claim to know for sure what it can't be but you can't explain what caused the first spontaneous life on any planet.

I wonder why you need no proof of what it can't be but you need proof of what it can be? Why is that?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Woody, ever heard of Blue Book or SETI? Why would the smartest, most intelligent people on this planet focus on contacting beings not of this earth? Plus, experience is the best indication that humans are infact not alone. Not alone but, light years behind the beings it desperately wants to contact. The primitive human animals mind can grasp a story.....not the reality of its existence.
You mean project blue book? one of their goals is to find out if UFOs were a threat to national security. IMO, they are not. They have the answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min Adrian DeVine 54,036
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min curiouslu 76,936
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min curiouslu 141,639
The letter E (Jun '13) 11 min Adrian DeVine 851
The Letter "O" (May '09) 13 min Adrian DeVine 3,205
The Letter T (Dec '11) 15 min Adrian DeVine 2,376
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 18 min Adrian DeVine 5,738
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 1 hr Petal Power 366
Message to Obama 2 hr Petal Power 748