Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,401 - 69,420 of 114,904 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul is a priori that cannot be proved because it's immaterial. But evil can be observed.
thus the soul is a myth. it does not exist.

evil cannot be observed. evil can be a word to describe some actions, but it is not a thing. it is not an entity.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Super, quoting scripture, because we all know that god,s word has given us a great 2000 year legacy of peace love, and understanding and everyone is safe happy and free from harm...and that religious zealots would never place us in. uncomfortable positions, unless you are female, or black, or asian, or skeptical about the bible, or live in the mideast, or the balkans, or africa, or. gay, or atheist or expecting the church to pay its fair share of taxes and to behave morally..........less time on here, more time being a human being thanks!.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW...homophobe, much? Just come out of the closet Father McQueery...we all know that themajority of priests are gay, KIng Jameswas gay and tha Jesuswore a dress to a dinner party with his 12- erm- MALE DISCIPLES...but I bet you still hu that bible close oyour groin, to get a warm-fuzzy, eh? Sad watching a homosexualliv in denial, self-hate and then lash out, becuase they're afraid to disapoint mommy and daddy..get some help before you kill yourel, or others...no, seriously...do it TODAY
i think it's funny that the anti gay posse never want to explain why 99.9% of serial killers are straight, white ,consevative males with a strong christian upbringing.....gulp!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>Super, quoting scripture, because we all know that god,s word has given us a great 2000 year legacy of peace love, and understanding and everyone is safe happy and free from harm...and that religious zealots would never place us in. uncomfortable positions, unless you are female, or black, or asian, or skeptical about the bible, or live in the mideast, or the balkans, or africa, or. gay, or atheist or expecting the church to pay its fair share of taxes and to behave morally..........less time on here, more time being a human being thanks!.
"unless you are female"

Jesus had a female disciple.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"unless you are female"
Wow , just the one though? i mean you would think that if you re going to pretend to be the spokesman for all of mankind you might want to address the 50 percent of people who aren't male right, I mean you can't claim he is all powerful and all understanding when he blatantly goes out of his way to offend half of the human population, any black apostles, any asian, course not, you can't claim him as divine when he hasn't got the brains of even a local idiot running for dogcatcher.......come back sara palin all is forgiven!!!!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"unless you are female"
12 boyfriends and no girlfriends. We have a word for that where I live....

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>12 boyfriends and no girlfriends. We have a word for that where I live....
Gay?

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"unless you are female"
So I guess as a biblical realist you are more than comfortable with the idea we are all descendants of adam and eve and all struck down by the same inherent medical maladies that accompany incest right???:?Are you pro incest??The bible says it is ok. i guess???If the bible is a historical document as you claim. can I assume you are actively encouraging brothers and sisters to sleep together???

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Eloteman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay?
confused, very confused, after all his mom is a virgin, and the. nra think buying guns is part of his legacy, he has the conservatives as his voice and, my god, you know how boring they are!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>confused, very confused, after all his mom is a virgin, and the. nra think buying guns is part of his legacy, he has the conservatives as his voice and, my god, you know how boring they are!!
Yes!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>confused, very confused, after all his mom is a virgin, and the. nra think buying guns is part of his legacy, he has the conservatives as his voice and, my god, you know how boring they are!!
Hey!! I am a conservative and resent that. Of course I seem to have been abandoned by my party. All they seem to care about today is stopping women from having abortions, teaching superstition in schools, and in general catering to the least well educated members o of society, it used to be the opposite.

The Republican party used to be the one that encouraged scientific research, so much so that until recently even Neil deGrasse Tyson said that the Republicans were historically the better choice for scientists. I don't think he would still say that today. More and more it is the Democrats that I agree with today and not the Republicans. I haven't changed much, but my party has.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is that the facts I supply are supported. The fact that you deliberately ignore that evidence is your problem.
So I ask again, can you offer any evidence that goddidit?
Because you seem incapable of offering such evidence and can only come up with sloping shouldered diversion we have to assume that your answer is NO
You have no evidence disproving the existence of a God. The universe is a proof of God's existence, what brought it into existence?
A question no one has ever correctly and truthfully answered.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of google?
Don't worry.
It only hurts for a lifetime.
You only mentioned google, what about MSN, Wikipedia and even Yahoo?
Clueless, if i may add.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein didnít believe there was a god and, guess what, relativity still works. And E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent god can exist in this universe.
Gravity existed a long time before Newton, a long time before this solar system for that matter.
I donít believe in god yet gravity still exists, you really are pathetic to make such pathetic comparisons
And i am telling you that, that does not change Newton's beliefs of God and also does not change Einstein statement about religion and science. You once again proven wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In simple and basic English alpha and omega are Greek
Why are you so stupid? is it deliberate? Because it really does not impress anyone
Bullshit!
Translations, are you ignoring that word?
English translation: Beginning and the End.
Greek translation: Alpha and Omega.
Loser!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh heís heard about google but the [google search] button frightens him and the [Iím feeling lucky] scares the living poo out of him
He wantís 3 or 4 years of education concentrated into 4000 characters so he can get off by ignoring it
Try another shit, but i am assuring your results will be full of shit. Huh!
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence disproving the existence of a God. The universe is a proof of God's existence, what brought it into existence?
A question no one has ever correctly and truthfully answered.
The universe is proof neither of the existence of a god nor of the absence of one. Science neither proves nor disproves. There is an underlying order to the universe. How it got that way... who knows?

What you are speaking of there is but your personal philosophy... not anything based on reality.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

-Socrates

Their words show it all
Can you define evil outside of the religious context?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So because someone who is not a scientist in a field that focuses on evolutionary biology cannot answer your specific question that was worded in a dishonest manner, you claim that discredits the entire theory?
What did Adam look like?
If you cannot answer it with solid and testable evidence your entire bible is false, all of it, even the people, places, and things.
Lol
This is indeed a frustrated answer.
Tell that to over 100 million christians world wide, who are either scientist, researchers, archaeologist, biologist, teachers, academicians and what have you.
Just grow up, Kodder.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Taxing imaginary people? is that like taxing corporations?
Better to think like a Republican. Cut taxes, do not cut spending and borrow from obviously trustworthy people like the Saudi monarchy and communist China to keep up interest payments on the bloated national debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 5 min reebie 770
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 5 min Denny CranesPlace 146
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 144,970
Fergson Police Dept. 9 min reebie 271
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min -Lea- 18,262
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 19 min Nobody 2 Special 203
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,941
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••