Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#73668 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence, how the universe including the galaxies came into form.
Secondly, explain clearly how non humans evolved to became humans.
Waiting for a sincere answer.
Have you ever heard of google?

Don't worry.

It only hurts for a lifetime.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#73669 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sir Isaac Newton propounded the law of gravitational force, he believed that there is GOD, so what is the big deal or stupidity?.
Einstein didnít believe there was a god and, guess what, relativity still works. And E=MC^2 proves that no omnipotent god can exist in this universe.

Gravity existed a long time before Newton, a long time before this solar system for that matter.

I donít believe in god yet gravity still exists, you really are pathetic to make such pathetic comparisons

Level 6

#73670 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In simple or basic English, the alpha and omega( the beginning and the end also known as God almighty, can never be created).
In simple and basic English alpha and omega are Greek

Why are you so stupid? is it deliberate? Because it really does not impress anyone

Level 6

#73671 Feb 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of google?
Don't worry.
It only hurts for a lifetime.
Oh heís heard about google but the [google search] button frightens him and the [Iím feeling lucky] scares the living poo out of him

He wantís 3 or 4 years of education concentrated into 4000 characters so he can get off by ignoring it
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#73672 Feb 4, 2013
Common Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are all common people. Are you implying that your shit doesn't stink? Let me assure you it does.
The 22nd century was a red herring you swallowed whole.
Forget your juvenile rhetoric about prejudice and your faux attempt at being knowledgeable. Come back when you've got ten or mores years of education in human psychology and we'll talk.
Awwwww! Gonna bluster and provide no content?

OK, I'll bite. WHY would you post a red herring in an authoritarian remark that provides no useful information?
Let's play a little amateur psychology, since we are CLEARLY among non-professionals. Do you claim to be a psychology professional? Are you ready to unleash your secret powers on those snooty liberals?

I've got to say, you're standing with a foot in both camps. Are we all deep-down the same? That's a pretty liberal position to take. I have a hunch that I can find someone you don't think should be in your mighty presence!

On the flip-side, you've really got an intellectual woody going on! You actually insist that we don't have an aristocratic class in this country and world? I may have to make it a mission to find out what snake oil you're selling. It's probably just some god drugs, but I'll at least get to see how you're all twisted up inside with your private brand of selfishness wrapped up in hypocritical morality and scholarly bluster!

Come on, ye fountain of scholarly insight! Put those facts on the table or sneak away like the secret-agent nobody that you are!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#73673 Feb 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A few cells in the right hemisphere of the brain of those who want to believe in a god. I suppose it does not matter which god or whether itís one or many. The human imagination is a wonderful thing
EM can cause many different hallucinations, I hear LSD can be more realistic and I really would love to see peer reviewed evidence of an out of body experience, the imagination is personal to oneself and cannot be peer reviewed.
My father who is not really religious beyond school babble class 60 odd years ago swears that after being mugged and left in a coma the only reason he is alive today is because god is a lousy poker player. He knows this was his imagination but it makes it no less real to him.
i've had 'out of body experiences' when lucid dreaming. it is just your brain working. no such thing as a soul or spirit...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#73675 Feb 4, 2013
Tinka wrote:
Benches were created to sit on...
Banks we could piss on them and put everyone out of Bus. tellers machines too to keep track of
When's the smart phone going to beam up their owners is what I wonder about...
LOL
Sorry today your journey your trip is trapped on a computer screen for the rest of your Eternity, the show must go on and linger in your word
The days of Slim pickings they were long gone Today is the day to Remember
Neighbor and how we treat em' that would be a spoken from Script
Pleasem Heathem...
Tinka, we'd love to all live in a world where we can just find parts lying around with which to create our own warp engines and phasers but such worlds do not exist.

As much as Star Trek fans like to go slumming with the troglytes, they never acknowledged the reality where some have to dig in the mines, others refine the ores, while others make machine parts, all on a boring assembly line where none have the gratification of seeing the final product.

That is economics. Star Trek is an upper middle class fantasy that is being shredded day by day. Class warfare has made higher education a thing where everyone can throw their money down and try but only the aristocracy will succeed in the end.

......But if you want to live in a world where space cadets can repeatedly engage in capricious gambles against authority, get lucky one time and then be given a starship capable of leveling planets as a reward, that's your call.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#73676 Feb 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No answer or clear explanations of human evolution from non humans to date, so in that regard we don't need any shit called a theory, as an answer.
So because someone who is not a scientist in a field that focuses on evolutionary biology cannot answer your specific question that was worded in a dishonest manner, you claim that discredits the entire theory?

What did Adam look like?

If you cannot answer it with solid and testable evidence your entire bible is false, all of it, even the people, places, and things.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#73677 Feb 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No it created itself... is your claim. Breaking one of the most fundamental laws of science... you imply An effect without a cause.
But the concept of God creating the Universe does not break the law of cause and effect.
In fact, if you claim that a cause does not need an effect(as you do) then "God dunit with magic" readily applies.
Except creation myths pre date any modern claim that science haqs ever MADE...dOOOOOh!

You can try to shoehorn your catechisms into science but it ain't gonna work...see GODDIDIT was claimed LOOOOOOONG before the Enlightenment...nice brainwashing...catechism screwed you up...too bad...youir stories are fables...I know you probably get all sweaty on the fundiot sites telling them you're '...holding your own on an evolution forum..." Of course you'd lie for Yahweh...see you in hell...

Level 6

#73678 Feb 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've had 'out of body experiences' when lucid dreaming. it is just your brain working. no such thing as a soul or spirit...
Yup, thatís what I was saying, cheers

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73679 Feb 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So if nothing was created as you claim, you imply that it(Universe) has always been here...is that your claim?
No MORON! The universe is known SCIENFTICALLY as the space-time continuum...EVERYBODY knows that we exist WITHIN framework, this FRAME OF REFEECE...not one scientist thinks that BEFORE ther Big Bang that our curent set of las- those LAWS OF PHYSICS you are so pitiful ignorant of- exist before tat, nor do they make any predictions PRIOR to that singularity, the known forces ween't even in play until AFTER the INFLATION...it is you, MORON!, who keeps parroting this asinine statement...it is YOU who keeps coflating your idotic dogma with REALITY...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_theory

Level 6

#73680 Feb 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've got a revelation for you.
"The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for &#8232;the existence of God."
- Charles Darwin
Did you Darwinist evolutionists know that he held a degree in Theology?
http://withalliamgod.wordpress.com/2010/11/29...
stop lying
And despite that degree in goddidit he helped define a branch of science that has helped make clear so much and has allowed huge advances in genetics and medicine that would not have been possible without his initial insights

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73681 Feb 4, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one says any life was created"
I do! I claim God created all life.
"The simplest method to explain why there is life is that it's the result of chemical processes"
This is a lie. You expect spontaneous life coming from rain falling on rocks creating a speck of life and that very first self creating speck of life mutated (against all we know about mutations) for the better billions of times (not once but billions of times) to be the mother of all life on the planet. And then put of the other side of your face you claim bottle neck with Adam and Eve.
Andit's YOU who this that an inestupous relationship allowed millions to populate a planet...then they wereall murdered by drowing...then another incestuous family floated around for a year with ALL of the land animals on board, then re-populated he Earth...LOFLOLOLOL...not even worthy of a response...perhaps you and kissy-face can try to out-dumb each other...I bet you two don't even agree on the details...it is youi, MORON, who seems to think there was only ONE puddle, one lightinin bolt and one place where it all happened...ROFLMAO...the sheer level of stupidity is astounding...just stick to catechisms and seewhere tha getsya...NOWHERE but Bronze Age, Middle Eastern, desert-dwelling knowledge...boy, if we could just label you idiots, make you LIVE by your own stupidity- WITHOUT science and ALL of its brilliance- we'd have a MUCH better world...tell me..are you grightenedethat your deity might be an equation? Sounds like it...anthropocentric gullability at its finest.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73682 Feb 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So Basically, you can created an X amount of Theories that support whether it do or whether it don't, so you can claim to be right under any circumstance.
Rhetorical BS prevails. LMAO
As opposed to your claims that:
1) All things must have a cause...EXCEPT MY deity of choice.
2) Nothing comes from nothing, except my deity of choice which created ITSELF...from NOTHING...
3) Magic is fake, except when my deity of choice invokes it...
4) Science is right about everything(which is why fundiots go to medical doctors for CURES, use computers for TROLLING, drive cars for expeditious travel, etc, etc) unless it violates the 'my deity of choice did it' axiom of the fundiots....then science is wrong...right?
5) I don't care if science creates my identical twin in the lab and has it slap me in the face...my deity of choice will allow me to move the goalposts to fit my predetermined, catechismic brainwashing because I haven't the intellectual honesty, and I've painted myself into an absolute corner of GODDIDIT

Have summarized this accurately?...precisely? I wouldn't want to deny you any other fundiot dogma...so do tell me what else I am missing...I like to be thorough.

What seems to PREVAIL here, is/are your childish corner-sitting tantrums, denials and complete lack of intllectual capacity to understand even middle-school science...Stupid is a disease, which is easily cured...though not with a fundiot education...you darken the doorstep of humanity with our crap...even more sadly, you seem POUD to be ignorant, which is exactly WHY you're a fundiot moron: THEY LIKE 'EM that way!

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73683 Feb 4, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Its complicated. Its mind boggling in the human sense. Tell a story, write a book.......believe? Don't apply human knowledge and theories to Alien Beings. Its like a race between a ant and H. Bolt(fastest man alive). Most humans cant think beyond earth bound concepts.Humans are heading into the future with an anomaly on the brain. If it continues humans will go the way of the dinosaur.
But you have the gift? LOFOLOLOL..and it's U. Bolt(Usain Bolt) thanks or being the laziest alien I know...couldn't even surf the 'net for his correct name? EPIC FAILURE!

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73684 Feb 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've got a revelation for you.
"The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for &#8232;the existence of God."
- Charles Darwin
Did you Darwinist evolutionists know that he held a degree in Theology?
http://withalliamgod.wordpress.com/2010/11/29...
stop lying
Not exactly...http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Ch arles_Darwin..and as far as ewton..h was no dogmatic trinitarian...http://en.wikipe dia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton's_re ligious_views

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73685 Feb 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious."
-Sam Harris
--American Neuroscientist
Oh what a fundiot world we weave, when we only cut and paste to decieve...
the ENTRE speech is onlin, on youtube...etc..etc
http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/200512_an_at...

Another epic failure to actually READ- completely! and comprehend...and you have actually college degrees?!?!? From where? Liberty U.? Bob Jones?...wow...burn them in shame.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73686 Feb 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!! Finally, someone who doesn't misrepresent the works of Darwin! Stupid narcissistic atheistic pricks. The lot of em.
Except THIS reality check...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_...

Now what arrogant, fundiot douche-nozzle?!?

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73687 Feb 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
OR- when read by people actually containing some intelligence, it shows the history of mankind in it's evil wickedness, and how to avoid being wicked, and E-VILE.
You mean when ATHEISTS,non-believers free-thinkers and such read a book, any book they use their INTELLECT? Yup..and hn do, we see the wickedways of Bronze-Age, Mid-East, cults...exactl how do ILLITERATE, non-Latin-speaking leity understand ANYTHING, unless the system of catechismic indoctrination wasn't implemented...do you even know anything beyond what some clergyfolk told you to believe- OR ELSE!!!!..have you ONE orioginal thought?

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73688 Feb 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think either you or KK are considering the delicate balance of nature, the dependence our culture has on cheap energy or the limited amount of land available for cultivation. There will be a domino effect when demand for food combines with the price to produce food and with the price for shipping food, along with the cost of all of the other niceties of life.
The whole point is that people don't think about how our demands are running up against a brick wall of availability of resources. Personally, I think a massive economic destabilization and subsequent famine will occur within the lifetimes of many people on this forum. There's little population slowdown, and no interest in changing our lifestyles to more efficient ones where we live close to our jobs, produce what we need at home and plan for times of shortfalls.
We're shipping raw materials from all over the world to the places with the cheapest labor and the most careless consumption of fossil fuels, then shipping finished products back to cash rich places like the U.S. for the cheapest prices. We have some of the best energy reserves in the world, but it's dirty bituminous coal that will only accelerate global warming and likely cause a further loss of good farming country.
Meanwhile, our global population is increasing at the rate of a billion or so every decade. Something has to give. It probably won't start in this country, but with likely war and famine, we certainly won't be able to keep it from getting here.
I know. Just more gloom and doom prophecy, but I do understand the survivalists.
Substitute fossil fuels for religion, and survivalist for athest and you may be on to something...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 min Nikola Tesla 5,452
What is your favorite DOLLAR STORE purchase? (Jun '09) 10 min Go Blue Forever 414
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Vector aka Victor... 29,333
Why can't Alias Trish just ignore 25 min Aka - Alias 24
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 1 hr OOO 232
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 36,411
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 2 hr Mister_ E 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr curiouslu 146,731
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Sublime1 20,012
Hoosier Hey!!! 6 hr ---Word Woman--- 23
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE