Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,261 - 69,280 of 114,585 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>None of which are evidence of invisible Jewish wizardry.

Especially the star, since you guys can't even decide on whether it was Jupiter, another star, a star/planet conjunction, Halley's comet, another comet, or whatever. The Raellians claim it was an alien spaceship. Just as valid.
I know what star it was.
You're the lost one.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>We call it a creationist site, not a science site.

You didn't notice?

Seriously?
Science sites are like mother goose sites.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No, true science is repeatable. Cretinist sites, like the ones you quote from, cannot generate repeatable experiments.

If you do not believe the claims of evolutionists you can go to the sites they list and find the fossils for yourself. You can run the DNA tests and get the same results for yourself. All of their experiments are repeatable. If they aren't it tells you something is wrong with their methodology and their conclusions are probably wrong too.

Scientists are very open about their work, once it is published. Other people testing it is the one way to verify their work. They like that. By the way, if you find that they are not right, your results better be repeatable too. The one way to debunk a debunker is to show that his experiment was faulty.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

That's fine. Now all you need do is write a scientific paper on the subject of how Goddidit predicts the position of astronomical phenomena better than dark matter and get it peer reviewed and published. The entire astrophysics community will look forward to your revelation.
Well I've got a revelation for you.

"The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for &#8232;the existence of God."

- Charles Darwin

Did you Darwinist evolutionists know that he held a degree in Theology?

http://withalliamgod.wordpress.com/2010/11/29...

stop lying

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

They haven't discovered supernatural phenomena, period. Nature is natural, hence the word "nature". And it's pretty normal for us to be surrounded by the natural universe. If I wake up tomorrow and find that the universe is not there then I'm gonna start thinking that something pretty abnormal is going on.
<quoted text>
The simple lack of evidence and proposed mechanisms for a God.
<quoted text>
Correct. It's possible that there's a cat out there with the DNA of a cactus.
We haven't found it yet.
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Cat with cat DNA? Goddidit. Cat with Cactus DNA? Goddidit. How? Goddidit. Where? Goddidit. When? Goddidit.
"Science is...a powerful way, indeed - to study the natural world. Science is not particularly effective...in making commentary about the supernatural world. Both worlds, for me, are quite real and quite important. They are investigated in different ways. They coexist. They illuminate each other."

-Francis Collins

--American physician-geneticist and director of the National Human Genome Research Institute

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Post just before this.
<quoted text>
Still doesn't change the fact that it's Greek. THE ENGLISH DON'T OWN THE GREEK, CHUCKY! THE GREEKS OWN THE GREEK!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!
Or you just trying to get us English into debt with the Greeks to help 'em out with their current economical troubles?
<quoted text>
That the scientific theory of gravity is lame because scientific theories are lame, just as you said.
<quoted text>
Other organisms becoming human would be a violation of nested hierarchies, and would therefore falsify evolution. Evolution (as far as can be scientifically determined) is not goal directed, so there is no reason to expect other organisms to all evolve into humans. Also none of the species on Earth have stopped evolving. It's just that the changes are generally observed at a genetic level, not a drastic visual one.
Beginning and end is English. Understand that!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

And like I said, astronomers use calculations based on dark matter theory to successfully predict the status of astronimical phenomena. This is called testing a theory. Apparently it works.
I'm not an astrophysicist so if you like you can go ask one to go into more detail into how it works.
"I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science."

-Wernher Von Braun

--German-American rocket scientist

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Post just before this.
<quoted text>
Still doesn't change the fact that it's Greek. THE ENGLISH DON'T OWN THE GREEK, CHUCKY! THE GREEKS OWN THE GREEK!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!
Or you just trying to get us English into debt with the Greeks to help 'em out with their current economical troubles?
<quoted text>
That the scientific theory of gravity is lame because scientific theories are lame, just as you said.
<quoted text>
Other organisms becoming human would be a violation of nested hierarchies, and would therefore falsify evolution. Evolution (as far as can be scientifically determined) is not goal directed, so there is no reason to expect other organisms to all evolve into humans. Also none of the species on Earth have stopped evolving. It's just that the changes are generally observed at a genetic level, not a drastic visual one.
No valid explanation to date.
When you have one let me know.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
"...certain astronomical bodies are not where they should be...", so darkmatterdidit, right?
In times like these, your resentment of God is an insult to your own intelligence.
I know that God is a Genius, because He's sure causing you to make a fool of yourself.
<quoted text>
Fools seldom differ.*shrug*
<quoted text>
So as absurd as darkmatterdidit might be, you will work with it because you have no better theory?
I will stick with Goddidit, because I see no better theory.
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious."

-Sam Harris

--American Neuroscientist

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>Well I've got a revelation for you.

"The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for &#8232;the existence of God."

- Charles Darwin

stop lying
THANK YOU!! Finally, someone who doesn't misrepresent the works of Darwin! Stupid narcissistic atheistic pricks. The lot of em.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
Ooooo...
What's with the fancy frames and levels?
Cool.
Rack up enough points, you get there.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't lose. I looked at the end of the book and we win.
...but your imaginary Satan is too stupid to have thought of that?

Some Adversary.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Cybele wrote:
`Prophet!' said I,`thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven,`BALTIMORE'
lol
An odd bit of reverse synchronicity - Edgar Allan Poe died in Baltimore...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I've got a revelation for you.
- Charles Darwin
stop lying
Why don't you stop quote mining? Here is the full text:

"But I may say that the impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wondrous universe, with our conscious selves, arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for the existence of God; but whether this is an argument of real value, I have never been able to decide. I am aware that if we admit a first cause, the mind still craves to know whence it came and how it arose. Nor can I overlook the difficulty from the immense amount of suffering through the world. I am, also, induced to defer to a certain extent to the judgment of the many able men who have fully believed in God; but here again I see how poor an argument this is. The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of manís intellect; but man can do his duty."

Darwin also said:

"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

Draw your own conclusions.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Science lays the golden eggs.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!! Finally, someone who doesn't misrepresent the works of Darwin! Stupid narcissistic atheistic pricks. The lot of em.
But unfortunately, she does. See above.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>But unfortunately, she does. See above.
? But she's so pretty and blue and Avatarish. Too impatient. Just tell me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>But unfortunately, she does. See above.
Are you referring to the complete quote you posted? Darwin obviously wrestled with his faith. It happens. I find it hard for any intellectual person not to wrestle at some point. No point to be made there. Merely an observation. Still. I love how his writing style tends to border on the poetic.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Evolution is a proven fact the burden of proof lies on Creationist to disprove it. And BTW there are several groups that are offering a cash reward to disprove Evolution i believe one is offering a million $ not to mention the Nobel prize you would get for disproving it. but yet with all this incentive NO ONE can disprove Evolution. its logical its fact ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••