Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
69,241 - 69,260 of 114,619 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "we?" I am not a scientist, but they have collected a ton of evidence to support their theories, that's why they're theories and not hunches. Next time just say you don't have any evidence, because to believe in something without having evidence to support it is delusion, and you have that in spades thus far.
No answer or clear explanations of human evolution from non humans to date, so in that regard we don't need any shit called a theory, as an answer.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
"...certain astronomical bodies are not where they should be...", so darkmatterdidit, right?
In times like these, your resentment of God is an insult to your own intelligence.
I know that God is a Genius, because He's sure causing you to make a fool of yourself.
<quoted text>
Fools seldom differ.*shrug*
<quoted text>
So as absurd as darkmatterdidit might be, you will work with it because you have no better theory?
I will stick with Goddidit, because I see no better theory.
That is it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
"This candid admission is from the evolutionist journalNature blah blah
(yawn) All previously addressed. Though I have to point out that your source is not a YEC. You have used YEC apologetics in the past. I thank you once again for demonstrating the incoherency of the creationist position.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't know how to read. Go figure.
Actually you don't, otherwise you wouldn't have used a contradictory source.

I didn't actually get as far as whether the source contradicted itself or not, it only mattered that it contradicted you. Oh, and had the obligatory reference to Godmagic.

So actually now that I think about it, yes, it does actually contradict itself too.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I dony speak Godsmack"
You should leave then seeing as you can't keep up.
Lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call this?
Just forgot to read the link?
We call it a creationist site, not a science site.

You didn't notice?

Seriously?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You play by your rules I'll play by my rules.
You don't have rules.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John three sixteen wrote:
Attention Creationists!
Please go over to the SDA forum Topix.. on the thread entitled "ATHEIST HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS" the atheists are very annoying..they(the atheists)have invaded the SDA Christian forum..Come Help with the Debate please! Thanks a million dear Christians!!!!!! God Bless!
Ask Shubee. He's an SDA like your good self.

Just ignore the fact that he was thrown out of a fundamentalist SDA church - and given a restraining order - for being too fundie for them.

And then later demanded he be put in charge of said church.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
Lame theory in the name of science can never be reality.
Yeah, stupid gravity! LAME!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No answer or clear explanations of human evolution from non humans to date, so in that regard we don't need any shit called a theory, as an answer.
Sure we do. Here ya go:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...

There, that was easy wasn't it?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response doesn't even make sense in English, never mind in reasoned logical argument.
Logically speaking, you have no clue.
No valid explanation for non human to human evolution and others to date. Period.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In simple or basic English, the alpha and omega( the beginning and the end also known as God almighty, can never be created).
CI humans can read all the books in the world. Experience still holds all the knowledge one needs in life. What we now know books cant teach or hold between the pages. No computer has been updated that can calculate or demonstrate the ability to mathematically compute how advanced alien beings operate in a dimension humans have no knowledge about.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Greek.
Just sayin'.
Alpha and Omega means the source( beginning) and the end of life( existence). No one fits in, in that attributes except God almighty.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

omg give it a rest...lol

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, stupid gravity! LAME!!!
Sir Isaac Newton propounded the law of gravitational force, he believed that there is GOD, so what is the big deal or stupidity?.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do. Here ya go:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...
There, that was easy wasn't it?
The same apologetic sites that can not truly explain the questions at hand.
Why are the apes, worms, and other living agents not transforming again into human form?
Did it just stop by accident or what?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>CI humans can read all the books in the world. Experience still holds all the knowledge one needs in life. What we now know books cant teach or hold between the pages. No computer has been updated that can calculate or demonstrate the ability to mathematically compute how advanced alien beings operate in a dimension humans have no knowledge about.
True. That is why experience still remain the best answer.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
Logically speaking, you have no clue.
No valid explanation for non human to human evolution and others to date. Period.
Post just before this.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Alpha and Omega means the source( beginning) and the end of life( existence). No one fits in, in that attributes except God almighty.
Still doesn't change the fact that it's Greek. THE ENGLISH DON'T OWN THE GREEK, CHUCKY! THE GREEKS OWN THE GREEK!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!

Or you just trying to get us English into debt with the Greeks to help 'em out with their current economical troubles?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sir Isaac Newton propounded the law of gravitational force, he believed that there is GOD, so what is the big deal or stupidity?.
That the scientific theory of gravity is lame because scientific theories are lame, just as you said.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same apologetic sites that can not truly explain the questions at hand.
Why are the apes, worms, and other living agents not transforming again into human form?
Did it just stop by accident or what?
Other organisms becoming human would be a violation of nested hierarchies, and would therefore falsify evolution. Evolution (as far as can be scientifically determined) is not goal directed, so there is no reason to expect other organisms to all evolve into humans. Also none of the species on Earth have stopped evolving. It's just that the changes are generally observed at a genetic level, not a drastic visual one.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be true...but I have found there's really no need to "induce"
it in any way...It's a completely natural phenomenon.
It's more of a question of unbias awareness eliminating preconceived filters that limit perception.
not that I'm no expert on the subject...I'm strictly speaking from my own experience.
here's a Synchronicity experience for ya...I was thinking about Edgar Allan Poe The Raven, and had just brought up a picture of a crow on my computer...and almost immediately a crow, not ten feet from my window called out five times and flew away...I kid you not...just how it happened.
I might hear a crow call where I live about once a month or so, if I'm lucky...but this was way to much to be a coincidence.
Do you remember our conversation about Synchronicity?

The RAVENS win the Superbowl! That's what I call a meaningful coincidence.*wink

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

`Prophet!' said I,`thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'
Quoth the raven,`BALTIMORE'

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••