Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#73607 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry, I dony speak Godsmack. WTF are you talking about? In plain english this time.
In simple or basic English, the alpha and omega( the beginning and the end also known as God almighty, can never be created).

Level 2

Location hidden

#73608 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Charles
You keep up the good work too.
Thanks!

Level 2

Location hidden

#73609 Feb 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
On all counts.
Show me your evidence, how the universe including the galaxies came into form.
Secondly, explain clearly how non humans evolved to became humans.
Waiting for a sincere answer.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73610 Feb 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
The Dude Wrote:
"Particle/anti-particle pairs have been scientifically observed to spontaneously appear in a vacuum. There is no cause."
So your implying that any time there is a vacuum, Particles/anti-particles spontaneously appear?
No.
xxxooxxx wrote:
How many?
Not many. It's a low probability event. In other words, a rare event. But it's still been scientifically observed.
xxxooxxx wrote:
If a vacuum is all that's required to produce Particles/anti-particles, then any vacuum would produce an infinite number of Particles/anti-particles.(?)
Potentially. But since one such occurrence is a low probability event, a succession of them has an even lower probability, which would increase exponentially the more you invoke. Don't ask me the math, I'm not a quantum physicist or mathematician. So I'm giving you a basic rundown, nothing more. Seek Polymath257 if you're interested in more details.
xxxooxxx wrote:
and again, if this be the case, then the vacuum itself would be the cause, and the effect would be the Particles/anti-particles.
The vacuum is the medium, not the cause. There is no preceding event to "cause" them.

Just like a forest fire, the air is the medium the trees stand in, it's not the cause of the fire.(although this is a cause and effect event, caused by the rise in temperature).
xxxooxxx wrote:
And what would be the cause of the vacuum? The absents of Particles/anti-particles, that create the vacuum.
So the law of cause and effect would still apply even under this scenario.Would it not?
No, as that would require your "law of cause and effect" to work in circular here. The vacuum causes the particle/anti-particle and the lack of particle/anti-particle causes the vacuum? Doesn't make sense. As it happens in observed instances of particle/anti-particle pair generation the vacuum was already present.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73611 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In simple or basic English, the alpha and omega
That's Greek.

Just sayin'.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73612 Feb 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree...you are assuming natural processes...and claim you make no assumptions.
That's not really an assumption when that's all that's observed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73613 Feb 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That would imply "self evident."
You said before that "nothing was self evident."
and if it's not self evident it would be and assumption, would it not?
Nature is not self evidence because it can be tested.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73614 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "we?" I am not a scientist, but they have collected a ton of evidence to support their theories, that's why they're theories and not hunches. Next time just say you don't have any evidence, because to believe in something without having evidence to support it is delusion, and you have that in spades thus far.
No answer or clear explanations of human evolution from non humans to date, so in that regard we don't need any shit called a theory, as an answer.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73615 Feb 3, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
"...certain astronomical bodies are not where they should be...", so darkmatterdidit, right?
In times like these, your resentment of God is an insult to your own intelligence.
I know that God is a Genius, because He's sure causing you to make a fool of yourself.
<quoted text>
Fools seldom differ.*shrug*
<quoted text>
So as absurd as darkmatterdidit might be, you will work with it because you have no better theory?
I will stick with Goddidit, because I see no better theory.
That is it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73616 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"This candid admission is from the evolutionist journalNature blah blah
(yawn) All previously addressed. Though I have to point out that your source is not a YEC. You have used YEC apologetics in the past. I thank you once again for demonstrating the incoherency of the creationist position.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73617 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't know how to read. Go figure.
Actually you don't, otherwise you wouldn't have used a contradictory source.

I didn't actually get as far as whether the source contradicted itself or not, it only mattered that it contradicted you. Oh, and had the obligatory reference to Godmagic.

So actually now that I think about it, yes, it does actually contradict itself too.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73618 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I dony speak Godsmack"
You should leave then seeing as you can't keep up.
Lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73619 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call this?
Just forgot to read the link?
We call it a creationist site, not a science site.

You didn't notice?

Seriously?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73620 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You play by your rules I'll play by my rules.
You don't have rules.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73621 Feb 3, 2013
John three sixteen wrote:
Attention Creationists!
Please go over to the SDA forum Topix.. on the thread entitled "ATHEIST HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS" the atheists are very annoying..they(the atheists)have invaded the SDA Christian forum..Come Help with the Debate please! Thanks a million dear Christians!!!!!! God Bless!
Ask Shubee. He's an SDA like your good self.

Just ignore the fact that he was thrown out of a fundamentalist SDA church - and given a restraining order - for being too fundie for them.

And then later demanded he be put in charge of said church.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73622 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
Lame theory in the name of science can never be reality.
Yeah, stupid gravity! LAME!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#73623 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No answer or clear explanations of human evolution from non humans to date, so in that regard we don't need any shit called a theory, as an answer.
Sure we do. Here ya go:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...

There, that was easy wasn't it?

Level 2

Location hidden

#73624 Feb 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response doesn't even make sense in English, never mind in reasoned logical argument.
Logically speaking, you have no clue.
No valid explanation for non human to human evolution and others to date. Period.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#73625 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In simple or basic English, the alpha and omega( the beginning and the end also known as God almighty, can never be created).
CI humans can read all the books in the world. Experience still holds all the knowledge one needs in life. What we now know books cant teach or hold between the pages. No computer has been updated that can calculate or demonstrate the ability to mathematically compute how advanced alien beings operate in a dimension humans have no knowledge about.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73626 Feb 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Greek.
Just sayin'.
Alpha and Omega means the source( beginning) and the end of life( existence). No one fits in, in that attributes except God almighty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 5 min Old Sam 4,273
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 7 min andet1987 9,246
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min Old Sam 138,391
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 7,732
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 14 min andet1987 639
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 14 min Old Sam 6,899
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min -Lea- 25,829
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 28 min -Lea- 58
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 35 min toad4754 2,987
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr _hellbilly_ 152,695