Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216623 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#73575 Feb 3, 2013
Benches were created to sit on...

Banks we could piss on them and put everyone out of Bus. tellers machines too to keep track of

When's the smart phone going to beam up their owners is what I wonder about...

LOL

Sorry today your journey your trip is trapped on a computer screen for the rest of your Eternity, the show must go on and linger in your word

The days of Slim pickings they were long gone Today is the day to Remember

Neighbor and how we treat em' that would be a spoken from Script

Pleasem Heathem...

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#73576 Feb 3, 2013
Here's an excellent debate on the BBC between various faiths, denominations and scientists.

The question is: Is it time for all religions to accept evolution. There are a couple of young earth creationinsts, too.

It's long, so save it for when you have some time.

Like a lazy Sunday before the superbowl.

http://youtu.be/tOPJXCDsMLI

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#73577 Feb 3, 2013
Ooooo...

What's with the fancy frames and levels?

Cool.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#73578 Feb 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, they're your lies.

Tell 'em how you like.
Why thank you for your permission.

NOT.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#73579 Feb 3, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You play by your rules I'll play by my rules.
Exactly Lan, keep up the good works and may the almighty God be with you, amen.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73580 Feb 3, 2013
Tammy wrote:
Creation for sure
Sure!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

#73581 Feb 3, 2013
John three sixteen wrote:
Attention Creationists!
Please go over to the SDA forum Topix.. on the thread entitled "ATHEIST HERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS" the atheists are very annoying..they(the atheists)have invaded the SDA Christian forum..Come Help with the Debate please! Thanks a million dear Christians!!!!!! God Bless!
Flies always constitute nuisance to our food and environment, but they can never venture hot food and fire. Just keep giving what God wants them to hear. Best regards.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73582 Feb 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes for you to lose is to point out that you play by your rules.
Trust me, your rules are the wrong rules. Look up the rules of debate.
Irony!
Lame theory in the name of science can never be reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73583 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Brainwashed for sure.Its bad enought the primitive human animal believes such nonsense. Who made God?
Your name indeed!
You are a brainwashed clone that needs education. Find out the meaning of God, and you will know whether the almighty can be created.

Level 2

Location hidden

#73584 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible is not evidence, that is your assertion. Where is the actual evidence?
We don't need shit as evidence. You have no evidence either, but just mere assertions that is subject to wild guessing.
Clone

Overland Park, KS

#73585 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your name indeed!
You are a brainwashed clone that needs education. Find out the meaning of God, and you will know whether the almighty can be created.
Easy Charles, its not Rocket science. The meaning of God or why God has meaning or God has meaning, the God of many meanings.....anyway you say it its still has no meaning! Its meaningless, less meaning than any meaning..........brainwashing comes to mind!

Level 2

Location hidden

#73586 Feb 3, 2013
Clone wrote:
<quoted text>Easy Charles, its not Rocket science. The meaning of God or why God has meaning or God has meaning, the God of many meanings.....anyway you say it its still has no meaning! Its meaningless, less meaning than any meaning..........brainwashing comes to mind!
Any one that bears the title God, I am that i am, Elshaddai, Elohim, Nissi, Shalom, Adonai, Tsedkenu, Rapha etc, can never be created, Yahweh is his name.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#73587 Feb 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>All it takes for you to lose is to point out that you play by your rules.

Trust me, your rules are the wrong rules. Look up the rules of debate.
I don't lose. I looked at the end of the book and we win.
Clone

Overland Park, KS

#73588 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Any one that bears the title God, I am that i am, Elshaddai, Elohim, Nissi, Shalom, Adonai, Tsedkenu, Rapha etc, can never be created, Yahweh is his name.
Im sorry, I dony speak Godsmack. WTF are you talking about? In plain english this time.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#73589 Feb 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Your bible is not evidence, that is your assertion. Where is the actual evidence?
In the ruins of the of King David's kingdom, Babylon, Nazareth, The Star of Bethlehem, in the records of the Roman Empire, in the Dead Sea scrolls. And much much more.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#73590 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly Lan, keep up the good works and may the almighty God be with you, amen.
Thank you Charles

You keep up the good work too.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#73591 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We don't need shit as evidence. You have no evidence either, but just mere assertions that is subject to wild guessing.
Wrong.

On all counts.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#73592 Feb 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Then if, metaphorically speaking, you wish to refer to nature as "God" then fair play to ya. However nature is only evidence of nature.
No. I am not referring to nature as God.

What originated "nature"?

You cannot say that "nature is only evidence of nature", for a thing will reflect the potential of the cause/source which generated it.

Hence nature would demonstrate the potential of the realities that caused nature.

Do you know that nature occurs naturally; without God or an agent?
What supernatural phenomena have they discovered that they can say nature is "natural/normal"?

With what do you compare nature with so that you know that nature is "natural" and has no need for God to cause and guide it?
The Dude wrote:
It's called common ancestry. "Goddidit" is not an explanation. It gives us a WHO, not a HOW. And does so without evidence. It doesn't actually explain anything.
You dont know that there is any common ancestry; evidence only suggests common ancestry.

Goddidit is an explanation.

What you neglect is that there are different levels of explanations; such that explaining HOW does not explain WHO.

And we do have evidence that there is a WHO; in the Character called Jesu(s).

It does explain a lot; you just dont have the heart to search for answers in it.
The Dude wrote:
Baseless.
Meaning?
The Dude wrote:
I MIGHT agree with you here, except for the fact the agent IS relevant when you SPECIFICALLY claim it exists. And you have.
Ok then.

So the agent is relevant.

What next?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#73593 Feb 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We don't need shit as evidence. You have no evidence either, but just mere assertions that is subject to wild guessing.
Who's "we?" I am not a scientist, but they have collected a ton of evidence to support their theories, that's why they're theories and not hunches. Next time just say you don't have any evidence, because to believe in something without having evidence to support it is delusion, and you have that in spades thus far.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#73594 Feb 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
... dark matter can be detected, even though we don't know what it is exactly.
Right.

"...certain astronomical bodies are not where they should be...", so darkmatterdidit, right?

In times like these, your resentment of God is an insult to your own intelligence.

I know that God is a Genius, because He's sure causing you to make a fool of yourself.
The Dude wrote:
In science circles it is no longer considered a hypothesis but a scientific theory.
Fools seldom differ.*shrug*
The Dude wrote:
It IS still possible that the theory is incorrect, but in science we go with what works best. And so far no-one has been able to provide a better alternative capable of doing the job better. One example has been tried called Modified Gravity, but it simply didn't work. So until a better theory comes along they stick with dark matter.
So as absurd as darkmatterdidit might be, you will work with it because you have no better theory?

I will stick with Goddidit, because I see no better theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 3 min Bezeer 5,272
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min wichita-rick 206,907
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 42 min Mutant-cucumber 83,164
News Weird substance discovered in new A 5 notes - a... 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 33
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 22,153
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr wichita-rick 6,759
News Museum to auction wax figures of presidents, fi... 1 hr Christsharian Col... 1
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 2 hr Knock off purse s... 40
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 3 hr WasteWater 978
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 4 hr greymouser 43
More from around the web