Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,450)

Showing posts 68,981 - 69,000 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I've given up on religion a long time ago. I don't follow any scriptures or anything. All that book is a bunch of hidden meanings and predictions that only the elites understand. But I'm not going to waste my precious time on the bible alone. I know enough to understand this much.
Gater is asking some questions that require knowledge and experience. Here, let me enlighten him. The most intelligent human compared to Advanced Alien Beings..........From our experiences we concluded that the human spices will become extinct before its full potential will be attained. AABs are lightyears ahead. Coming from a Galaxy near you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Paluxy river tracks??
Multiply debunked.

One example:

Massimo Pigliucci, Denying Evolution: Creationism, Scientism, and the Nature of Science,(Sinauer, 2002, page 246): ISBN 0-87893-659-9

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cybele wrote:
The American alligators are numerous and live among human inhabitation. Most states have strict laws against killing gators without a license or without cause. You should check your state laws before killing an alligator.

http://howtokillthings.com/how-to-kill-alliga...
"One method to kill an alligator is to shoot it. "

How enlightening.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the Paluxy river tracks??
Paluxy has been pretty much ruled out.
There are dozens of better examples.

"The Paluxy River runs through Glen Rose, Texas. At the bottom of this river, there are thousands of layers of limestone. There was a bad flood in 1908 that ripped off 2 feet of solid rock. This rock was carried 20 miles downstream. This exposed thousands of dinosaur footprints. There were so many footprints that they decided to make the area into a State Park (Dinosaur Valley State Park). Many of the footprints were put into museums in order to be preserved, but there are still many there today.

Many human footprints were also found. Sometimes the human tracks were next to the dinosaur tracks. Several human footprints were found inside of the dinosaur footprints and some dinosaur footprints were found on top of the human footprints. The human strides were perfect.

Excavation of tracks show a compressed layer pattern underneath as one would expect if they are genuine. A scientist who did not examine the evidence ruled out the possibility that the tracks were human. A professor of medicine from the Unversity of Illinois examined the tracks and was convinced that they were genuine (CRSQ, 1970, 7:3, p.142; 1970, 7:4, p.246; Ryals, undated). Some years later at least some of the supposed human tracks were definitely shown to be dinosaur tracks. In the past 20 years many additional discoveries have been made to add to the controversy. Many books and articles treat these finds, both for and against their authenticity."

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Gater is asking some questions that require knowledge and experience. Here, let me enlighten him. The most intelligent human compared to Advanced Alien Beings..........From our experiences we concluded that the human spices will become extinct before its full potential will be attained. AABs are lightyears ahead. Coming from a Galaxy near you.
Before we become extinct, our species will first go through a transition to the next age. It's becoming apparent with all the technology we have. Here's what I think. The first book ever published or printed was the bible. And I'm under the assumption that these inner circle, who influenced the writing of the bible, knew the power of language. Ever heard of Bibliomancy? They were careful of what they had to print. So they provided moral teachings on the level that people would understand and follow but on a deeper level, there are other meanings attached to the scriptures. They knew this power would affect the lives of people. It was sort of a moral responsibility, if that was God's intention.

But now we're in the information age, we have the internet replacing newspapers, magazines and books. We don't have to let just one ancient book affect our lives. There are tons of information out there fact or fiction. We can learn about ancient wisdom, secret knowledge, gnosticism, from other sources. Whatever means of information one has access to, it will affect one's life the same manner the first book ever printed provided to the people in the old times. People should have the freedom to read and acquire knowledge whatever pleases them any way they want. Whatever rocks your boat. lol

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Paluxy River runs through Glen Rose, Texas. At the bottom of this river, there are thousands of layers of limestone. There was a bad flood in 1908 that ripped off 2 feet of solid rock. This rock was carried 20 miles downstream. This exposed thousands of dinosaur footprints. There were so many footprints that they decided to make the area into a State Park (Dinosaur Valley State Park). Many of the footprints were put into museums in order to be preserved, but there are still many there today.
Many human footprints were also found. Sometimes the human tracks were next to the dinosaur tracks. Several human footprints were found inside of the dinosaur footprints and some dinosaur footprints were found on top of the human footprints. The human strides were perfect.
Excavation of tracks show a compressed layer pattern underneath as one would expect if they are genuine. A scientist who did not examine the evidence ruled out the possibility that the tracks were human. A professor of medicine from the Unversity of Illinois examined the tracks and was convinced that they were genuine (CRSQ, 1970, 7:3, p.142; 1970, 7:4, p.246; Ryals, undated). Some years later at least some of the supposed human tracks were definitely shown to be dinosaur tracks. In the past 20 years many additional discoveries have been made to add to the controversy. Many books and articles treat these finds, both for and against their authenticity."
Have they been acknowledged by any scientific authorities? Written up and sent to archaeological journals?

I follow science pretty closely and haven't heard of these.

Can you point me to valid sources / links, etc.?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to go to these pages on the Answers in Geneses website and read about dinosaur/human investigations.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Zackly wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sleep walking or something?
Are you asking or something? Sarcastic are you right of the bat...

Hmmmm Yeah I am tap dancing...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said...artificial machines do not have to burden themsleves wth the same things a human brain does: breathing, eating, sympathetic systems, assympathetic systems, fatigue, etc, etc...so the question is HOW much would a MACHINE require to do X activity...do we not currently have machines which do the weork of humans: cranes for lifting, artificial hearts, robots at plants...Kurzweil has not yet even proposed WHAT this machine will do, so determining the amount of memeory, computing power, etc cannot b addressed until the parameters/criteria are resolved...got it? we already have AI machines...you seem to be talking about an artificial HUMAN...but, again, artificial implies that it will not require nearly the overhead that a human requires just to wake, breath, live, eat and then sleep- pure survival mode...as well as implying thjat it look like, act like and have the same physical body-type as humans...yuou argument is poorly constructed, not well thought out...and not for nothing, but AI implies a machine which can LEARN and MODIFY its behaviour for successful future endeavors...so when you define your criteria, you'll let me know...AI is not just one field...it has MANY fields...Kurzweil knows this and has posited simply mapping the human brain,hence his conclusion is to start at the obvious: how big does it have to be...of course we have long ago realized that computer memory is propotional to MATERIALS ENGINEERING capabilities...this is where the bottleneck will always be..and of course WHO decides what INTELLIGENCE is appropriate...will it be a creationist or a scientist, for example...
Uhhh you were typing fast hu? Sleves I write that all the time instead of selves...

It's still in processing look at the tiny guys with flat screens televised viewing in TREEHOUSES?

Have you ever heard such a thing? Next we'll grow Trees with houses now that will be the day...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows MATH is the universal language. Don't engineers know that?
And I do my own Math to explain things and events. Something people don't teach in universities. But I find it useful because it helps me understand why things happen at a certain time, certain place, certain situations, certain influences, etc. There is no such thing as random or coincidence.
Num,bers to time Even Einstein searched and many more English is that, the Universal ONE...

Everywhere around the Globe it is the one that is spoken...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

So what would be worse machine turning into Human or vise versa?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ey die Ausserirrdichen Auslaendern sind die etwas wie ne' machine zu manchen?

Oder wer ist was Organics are very in these days to Organs I wonder if some plant with music honestly do they play songs for the crop maybe they should try that with some animals too...

Zackly

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking or something? Sarcastic are you right of the bat...
Hmmmm Yeah I am tap dancing...
I was just saying when you press the keyboard in your sleep something comes out. Be careful because you might say something wrong and not remember it.
Zackly

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Tinka wrote:
Ey die Ausserirrdichen Auslaendern sind die etwas wie ne' machine zu manchen?
Oder wer ist was Organics are very in these days to Organs I wonder if some plant with music honestly do they play songs for the crop maybe they should try that with some animals too...
Have you ever heard the song "I GO WALKING IN MY SLEEP" by Billy Joell I think his name is?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes - a misquoter is anyone who takes vague or ambiguous Biblical scripture and disagrees with Charlie's particular interpretation.
:-p
This is true and a common trait among godbots
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is difficult enough to imagine a time, roughly 13.7 billion years ago, when the entire universe existed as a singularity. According to the big bang theory, one of the main contenders vying to explain how the universe came to be, all the matter in the cosmos -- all of space itself -- existed in a form smaller than a subatomic particle."
That gravity! The gravity of the entire universe.
There was no mass until possibly up to 300,000 years from initial expansion when the first atoms formed. So I ask again, why are you pretending to talk about scientific evidence when your position is invisible Jewish magic anyway?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Too Much Testosterone Lowers Intelligence
http://www.altpenis.com/news/20060828003237da...
This we know, however also know that such muscle bound ego-testical (correct wording) fools can be useful occasionally
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be laughing at you for a lot longer.
Ah yes, you will be laughing at all the infidels being tortured in hell forever.

That's nice.

:-)
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then when you ask a question do not get upset if we quote our web sites.
I don't. As it only demonstrates you're not capable of dealing with science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
But you miss the point. It's 13.3 billion "LIGHT YEARS" away. The expansion of the universe is said to be speeding up and yet today it's still noway near the speed of light.

D O Y O U U N D E R S T A N D ?
Yes. You don't:

blogs.discovermagazine.com/.../the-universe-i...
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So? That pretty far off topic.
Not really. When you start referencing scientists to support you even though they quite explicitly do not, it's a sure sign of creationist hypocrisy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
So it means you lied. Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,981 - 69,000 of112,791
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••