Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,961 - 68,980 of 114,800 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
So...if you don't clamber onto thier message boards and run your horsesh!t at them, then YOU ARE A FRAUD...I don't need 'evolutionists','gravtationali sts' or 'darwinists' to refute you, YOUR OWN XIAN BRETHREN ARE LAUGHING AT YOU...sort of like your own mother telling you to SHUT THE F*CK UP...when you refute THEIR claims succesfully, then you can move up to the big leagues...now, back to the minors for you...the Jerusalem Kooks need a bat boy.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Basically, all Science is doing is imitating and manipulating the intelligent processes of the Universe that already exist.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we become extinct, our species will first go through a transition to the next age. It's becoming apparent with all the technology we have. Here's what I think. The first book ever published or printed was the bible. And I'm under the assumption that these inner circle, who influenced the writing of the bible, knew the power of language. Ever heard of Bibliomancy? They were careful of what they had to print. So they provided moral teachings on the level that people would understand and follow but on a deeper level, there are other meanings attached to the scriptures. They knew this power would affect the lives of people. It was sort of a moral responsibility, if that was God's intention.
But now we're in the information age, we have the internet replacing newspapers, magazines and books. We don't have to let just one ancient book affect our lives. There are tons of information out there fact or fiction. We can learn about ancient wisdom, secret knowledge, gnosticism, from other sources. Whatever means of information one has access to, it will affect one's life the same manner the first book ever printed provided to the people in the old times. People should have the freedom to read and acquire knowledge whatever pleases them any way they want. Whatever rocks your boat. lol
And that's PRECISELY why your an ignorant buffoon...you've neither acquired nor read anything knowledgable, don't fbreak your arm patting yourself on the back...you've created your own world because you simply lack the intellectual capacity tooperate in this one...we call that DELUSIONAL...you're welcome to to whatever so-called knowledge you think you have...the problem is that it's PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL crap

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhh you were typing fast hu? Sleves I write that all the time instead of selves...
It's still in processing look at the tiny guys with flat screens televised viewing in TREEHOUSES?
Have you ever heard such a thing? Next we'll grow Trees with houses now that will be the day...
We already have treehouses fraulein...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
DAmnitalltohell...I need a f!@#king playbill for this forum...LOL...all apologies to Langoliers, you're just a moron...keep posting, though, you'll elevate your status to idiot soon enough...
xxxoooxxx YOU ARE AN IDOIT!
really a subjective argument... don't ya think?lol

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
DAmnitalltohell...I need a f!@#king playbill for this forum...LOL...all apologies to Langoliers, you're just a moron...keep posting, though, you'll elevate your status to idiot soon enough...
xxxoooxxx YOU ARE AN IDOIT!
Gator....Decaf coffee tastes just like regular coffee. ;-)

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"experiment was shut down out of fear of and pressure from religious groups"
Sounds like a very simple process to facilitate...and to claim that making a very simple single cell organism in a science lab in some university or laboratory somewhere would all be shut down and abandoned and never tried again because of religious groups twenty years ago is quite unbelievable...
link please.
and again...I simply asked for a link to prove that religious groups shut down the experiment, to the point of never being tried again. Not the process of the experiment itself. So what is implied here,is that your(science)is basically blaming religious groups for your(science)own failure.lol
Making life from scratch IS the holy grail of science...and like I said, to imply that "well, we could make life from inorganic material, but they won't let us" is such an absurd excuse that... well you get my point.lol
The truth of the matter is that Science with all it's technology, still can't create the very simplest of simplest life forms.And don't think they haven't tried...because their still working on it.
Ah yes, the "I want it now, in my lifetime" retort...you do know how many statements like YOUR'S have come back to haunt to legacy of those whom expounded such limited foresight, don't you...let's see: Flat Earth, Geocentrism, cause for disease, cures for disease, and I suggest you read my link to Craig Venter's lab work on the CELL they created...you see, my ignorant nemesis, when your knowledge is from 2000 years ago, you get no respect...why not try to disprove Venter's Lab as a frasud, a phony a parlor trick? G'head, we'll all be waiting...you see anonymity(and religion) gives morons EXACTLY what they want...NO resposibility to dissemnate misinformation...just look at the Creationist websites that edit the posts, then actually say "See even the sciencey guys don't come here to argue..." I mean this dihonesty, the disingenious nature of it all is simply staggering...but all-to-typical of religious zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...and you defend it proudly...so I shall crush your kind...FOR HUMANITY'S SAKE..know this Darwin was a relgious man, actually studied for the seminary, the WHOLE NINE YARDS( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_... )and the person whom proposed the Big Bang was a CATHOLIC PRIEST...funny how those with credibilty in BOTH religion and science refute your ignorance...but alas, why should the facts stand in your way, right...just mooooooooooooove the goal posts...I hope Yahweh knows some good massage techniques...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the "I want it now, in my lifetime" retort...you do know how many statements like YOUR'S have come back to haunt to legacy of those whom expounded such limited foresight, don't you...let's see: Flat Earth, Geocentrism, cause for disease, cures for disease, and I suggest you read my link to Craig Venter's lab work on the CELL they created...you see, my ignorant nemesis, when your knowledge is from 2000 years ago, you get no respect...why not try to disprove Venter's Lab as a frasud, a phony a parlor trick? G'head, we'll all be waiting...you see anonymity(and religion) gives morons EXACTLY what they want...NO resposibility to dissemnate misinformation...just look at the Creationist websites that edit the posts, then actually say "See even the sciencey guys don't come here to argue..." I mean this dihonesty, the disingenious nature of it all is simply staggering...but all-to-typical of religious zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...and you defend it proudly...so I shall crush your kind...FOR HUMANITY'S SAKE..know this Darwin was a relgious man, actually studied for the seminary, the WHOLE NINE YARDS( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_... )and the person whom proposed the Big Bang was a CATHOLIC PRIEST...funny how those with credibilty in BOTH religion and science refute your ignorance...but alas, why should the facts stand in your way, right...just mooooooooooooove the goal posts...I hope Yahweh knows some good massage techniques...
religious religious zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...and you

And the same go for science zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gator....Decaf coffee tastes just like regular coffee. ;-)
I wouldn't know...LOL...I did drink Cuban coffe on a rare occassion in my hometown of Miami,FL...boy was that a mistake...said my boss at the microbiological lab: you should NEVER EVER drink coffee again...please!

we got a lot done that day...ROFLMAOLOLOL.

And don't let the DRAFT-only 'quality' of my posts betray anything more than my turning 90 degrees from my WORK comouter, to pop in and answer some questions...

I used to be embarrassed at my typos, but then I found out that EVERYONE speaks typonese, don't they?!? Hee! And food crumbs on the keyboard doesn't help much...

I rely on folks like yourself to be the calm voice...I like scaring folks biblical-styley{;~)} Learned that from a preacher...

Anybody heard about the CLergy Project
http://www.clergyproject.org/

There is hope for them, yet...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
Basically, all Science is doing is imitating and manipulating the intelligent processes of the Universe that already exist.
...for if you admitted anything different you'd be a lost little sheep...of course, you're already a pantheist at this point...just lose the magic deities and voila! you're a realist...Ya know Santa CLaus was at the Council of Nicea in 325, but he didn't visit your children one Decemeber night this year...do you still beleive that embellished legend...you're so obviously someone, with a little formal education sans the guilt and condemnation of the ignorant relgious crowd, that will one day be embarassed at your refusal to accept reality...to say that science immitates nature is actually a fairly decent description...we do try to replicate MANY of nature's creations...we simply refuse to attribute that natural world to a SUPERNATURAL, ANTHROPOCENTRIC, non-existent deity of one of the desert-dwelling, mid-East tribes of antiquity...nor Meso-American deities, nor Norse deities, nor Greek deities, nor Roman deities, nor Druid deites, nor Hindu deities, etc, etc...when you actually UNDERSTABND the science- even at a basic, but competent level, you'll be proud of YOURSELF for the feat, and would NEVER like the credit to be given to non-existent entities...sort of like working out in a gym for months to create a great hypertrophic body...all that sweat, all that time, all that effort wa YOUR'S, not some deity of antiquity...when I scold ingoramuses for being dumb, I hope they go back to school and REALLY study, becuase telling me, someone whom has some 10,000+ hours in formal education belittles MY work...sort of like the trolls who claimed the only reason I was big, bad and smart was becuase I worked out, studied and trained in martial arts...I am smart because I WORK AT IT...diligently, daily, ceaselessly...I fail to grab a book of allegory, some decent universal philosophy and drunken campfire stories for what it is: myths, poems and a bit of morality for said culture...I understand when sopmeone tells you that your investment in time, money, emotions, etc etc for religion is/was a big WASTE, but alas, it can be FAR BETTER SPENT...most of the vitriolic atheists are lashing out at religion becuase of that wasted effort...but, again, it's never too late to get wise...NEVER...but, unless you relegate your deity(ies) to the mythology section- much as you've likely done to the 1000s of deities throughout history- then you are the one to blame, not me, not science, not Darwin...nobody but yourself...good luck...knowledge doesn't come easily...nothing worthwhile EVER DOES...GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
religious religious zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...and you
And the same go for science zealots: liars, cheaters, thieves and living off the dole of the citizens...
Really...an "I 'm rubber, you're glue" rebuttal...I'll let your lack of originality speak for itself...after all, regurgitation of BS seems to be your greatest contribution...this is par for the course...you don't care what people think about your intellect, you're just happy to show your ignorance...remember this at least:
Stars use FUSION, Nuclear reactors use FUSION to generate energy...perhaps one day SCIENCE will viably generate energy from FUSION...but know that it will be SCIENTISTS/ENGINEERS who do it, not Yahweh, who apparently can't even keep satan at bay...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious...um, we've INVENTED math in ALL of its branches, for certain purposes...your naive- dare I say pseudo-intellectual- use of the word math betrays your ignorance...their are MANY fields of mathematics used for different purposes...likely you only know algebra, which is not to say you are COMPETENT in the field...perhaps some Euclidian geomtery, maybe some trignometrics...I highly doubt your calculus(Integral or differential) is lacking and certainly things like topography, Mandelbrot sequences/patterns and higher math concepts have evaded your genius...perhaps like Newton and Liebniz, you developed a new branch of math simultaneously with the other great math minds of humanity, but considering you failed- by your own admission- to even do basic long multiplication, the PROBABILITY is highly unlike...say 1EX10^15!(that's a factorial sign)...good luck to you...pseudo-intellectualism is a disease, I suggest you go to school to be cured, and quit toiling away in your own (non-existent)world...or publish a paper...may I put you on the list of morons who do their "own thing" because they don't trust sciencey stuff?!?!
LOL. I don't trust Science stuff? For the record, I do have college education in two fields, one in Science and one in Math. And to keep my certification, I have to take continuing education and pass the modules for credit every two years. I'm also an artist. I could sketch it to you freehand or on a computer software or animation so you can understand my perspective other than in plain English, if you'd like. I'm also a writer on the side. Sorry if you think my intellectualism is pseudo-science to you. If it's a disease, then maybe I have the cure for it.

I read books, FYI. I love to write about many subjects including poetry. But publish a paper? I will only do that with a co-writer, perhaps someone with a psychology or neuroscience background. But not someone who is like YOU I hope. You have a short FUSE and also con-FUSED. And your FUSION with me would be deadly! It would kill a star literally. lol.

I use my aggressive side not to intimidate or insult other people like what you or other punks do. I use it when watching sports like basketball, football, baseball, boxing, or UFC, because there is math involved in sports as well. That's right, maybe I'm a looney. I play too much. I don't care what you think though. I don't need a shrink. I'm my own shrink. ha!

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
Actually it's simply manipulating phenomena found in this universe. However whether an intelligence is ultimately behind the universe has so far not been objectively demonstrated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>...for if you admitted anything different you'd be a lost little sheep...of course, you're already a pantheist at this point...just lose the magic deities and voila! you're a realist...Ya know Santa CLaus was at the Council of Nicea in 325, but he didn't visit your children one Decemeber night this year...do you still beleive that embellished legend...you're so obviously someone, with a little formal education sans the guilt and condemnation of the ignorant relgious crowd, that will one day be embarassed at your refusal to accept reality...to say that science immitates nature is actually a fairly decent description...we do try to replicate MANY of nature's creations...we simply refuse to attribute that natural world to a SUPERNATURAL, ANTHROPOCENTRIC, non-existent deity of one of the desert-dwelling, mid-East tribes of antiquity...nor Meso-American deities, nor Norse deities, nor Greek deities, nor Roman deities, nor Druid deites, nor Hindu deities, etc, etc...when you actually UNDERSTABND the science- even at a basic, but competent level, you'll be proud of YOURSELF for the feat, and would NEVER like the credit to be given to non-existent entities...sort of like working out in a gym for months to create a great hypertrophic body...all that sweat, all that time, all that effort wa YOUR'S, not some deity of antiquity...when I scold ingoramuses for being dumb, I hope they go back to school and REALLY study, becuase telling me, someone whom has some 10,000+ hours in formal education belittles MY work...sort of like the trolls who claimed the only reason I was big, bad and smart was becuase I worked out, studied and trained in martial arts...I am smart because I WORK AT IT...diligently, daily, ceaselessly...I fail to grab a book of allegory, some decent universal philosophy and drunken campfire stories for what it is: myths, poems and a bit of morality for said culture...I understand when sopmeone tells you that your investment in time, money, emotions, etc etc for religion is/was a big WASTE, but alas, it can be FAR BETTER SPENT...most of the vitriolic atheists are lashing out at religion becuase of that wasted effort...but, again, it's never too late to get wise...NEVER...but, unless you relegate your deity(ies) to the mythology section- much as you've likely done to the 1000s of deities throughout history- then you are the one to blame, not me, not science, not Darwin...nobody but yourself...good luck...knowledge doesn't come easily...nothing worthwhile EVER DOES...GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
like I said before, the only argument I have is obvious intelligent processes that exist in reality. Scientists incorporates these obvious advanced processes because they are recognized as processes that are of superior design.Com puter design in most part is based on the workings of the brain....storage of information etc.
But to copy these advance design for the advancement of technology and claim that they are non-intelligent is absurd.lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

( link was not implied)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
Not quite but you are welcome to your delusions

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's simply manipulating phenomena found in this universe. However whether an intelligence is ultimately behind the universe has so far not been objectively demonstrated.
Actually it's simply manipulating of 'intelligent' phenomena found in this universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite but you are welcome to your delusions
Kinda like the kid in school who copies off a smarter student in class and claims he didn't copy.lol

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I don't trust Science stuff? For the record, I do have college education in two fields, one in Science and one in Math. And to keep my certification, I have to take continuing education and pass the modules for credit every two years. I'm also an artist. I could sketch it to you freehand or on a computer software or animation so you can understand my perspective other than in plain English, if you'd like. I'm also a writer on the side. Sorry if you think my intellectualism is pseudo-science to you. If it's a disease, then maybe I have the cure for it.
I read books, FYI. I love to write about many subjects including poetry. But publish a paper? I will only do that with a co-writer, perhaps someone with a psychology or neuroscience background. But not someone who is like YOU I hope. You have a short FUSE and also con-FUSED. And your FUSION with me would be deadly! It would kill a star literally. lol.
I use my aggressive side not to intimidate or insult other people like what you or other punks do. I use it when watching sports like basketball, football, baseball, boxing, or UFC, because there is math involved in sports as well. That's right, maybe I'm a looney. I play too much. I don't care what you think though. I don't need a shrink. I'm my own shrink. ha!
WOW, I'm not sure if you should burn your diplomas or the institution that conferred them upon you...You're aggressive WATCHING sports??!?WTF...I PLAYED ALL of those sports at fairly high level(Miami-Dade County 6A sports)...I'm a scholar, a gentleman and an athlete...your projections are hilarious...I currently hold six professional licenses in several states...SO WHAT? Resumes never impressed me much, just like WATCHING a sport doesn't impress me as it relates to your athletic prowess...those who can DO, those who can't TEACH...those who can't do either TALK about it...math is a tool, not a career...I use it EVERY single minute...as do I my legal education, my business education and my good ol' street-wise common sense I got from growing up in Miami, FL...SO WHAT? Should I judge d you inability to calculate simple bits-to-bytes conversion asw I sign that you were a mediocre student? No...I take the totality of your idiodic "my own math" comments for what they are: JUST PLAIN STUPID...just another goof ball who thinks THEY have the answers...you have actually advocated aliens curently watching us, did you not? And you'll pardon me for questoning ANYONE who says they have a 'degree in science'...just doesn't ring true...but, alas, I'm not familiar with education monikers outside of the US..nor do I care...you ought to be embarrassed as a DEGREED SCIENTIST to be rambling on about space aliens are watching us, nonsense...ever think for a minute that WE are the advanced civilization in the universe and that your ALIENS might be the equivalent of Neanderthals, or chimps? Nooooooooo, why would aliens be dumber than us humans, right, they simply MUST be more advanced? Or maybe these ALIENS are ONLY at the PROTOZOIC-equivalent stage of evolution...or maybe they're not even the bacterium, yet...maybe they haven't even the ingredients for life on their planet...maybe you've watched as little too much Star Trek...could it be that your aliens are actually LESS advanced? Duuuuh? Your myopic visions aside, you simply lack any cogent material to even criticize beyond moronic... to be polite.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We can go through the motions and learn nothing. What we have is universal capitalism that compels governments to accumulate wealth into the hands of the few, making conflicts inevitable to drive the military-industrial complex. The Bible just gets re-interpreted for pre-war, war and post-war conditions.
All these "ages" that people keep inventing are nothing significant. Until we exhaust the global supply of fossil fuels, this is just an extension of the industrial age. When people have to limit their populations and accept the finite renewability of resources, then you'll see the beginnings of a "new age".
I'm not against the elites or those in power who support globalism or nationalism (except for those who own Big Oil). I do have trust in them to an extent but even that I find ironic. It's conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones (Infowars) and the media particularly Fox news that are contaminating the minds of people. It's people like Jon Stewart of Bill Maher that keeps the sanity of the people. lol. But that's my personal opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 10 min Old Sam 3,428
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Paisley_Posey 35,928
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 12 min Over Thinkers Anon 136
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min Old Sam 1,248
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 15 min Old Sam 13,226
Cisco 642-780 MSPVM Online Test Questions 21 min ccnp2015exams 1
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 21 min David0407 4,810
Fergson Police Dept. 29 min cudzu bandit 240
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Michael 144,844
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr pesT - OUT 18,242