Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,446)

Showing posts 68,901 - 68,920 of111,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I like the scientific dating method used that the bones found with pottery is dated by the pottery and the pottery is dated by the bones found with it.
You can't win a debate with such obvious straw man arguments.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The word of God says it came about by the dividing of the waters. This is how the other elements were seperated from what was water to begin with and the dry part became solid earth. This is how it happened and the Bible tells us about it.
Here's what SCIENCE says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleosynthesis

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_nucleosy...

BTW: FRed Hoyle was a Christian...not for nothin'...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>There is piles of evidence, from the cosmic microwave background radiation, to the red shift, to observations of galaxies billions of light years away (essentially looking at them as they were more than 10 billion years ago, because that is how long it took for their light to reach us).

These were the EVIDENCE that led scientists to accept the Big Bang, a theory that was not popular until observation confirmed its predictions. And we can now add inflation to that, as an event that occurred just after the big bang itself.
"The galaxy MACS0647-JD (inset) appears very young and is only a fraction of the size of our own Milky Way. The galaxy is about 13.3 billion light-years from Earth, the farthest galaxy yet known, and formed 420 million years after the Big Bang. Image taken by Hubble Space Telescope on Nov. 29, 2011, and released Nov. 15, 2012.
CREDIT: NASA, ESA, and M. Postman and D. Coe (STScI) and CLASH Team "

This alone is proof that science has the age of this stuff all wrong.

Science claims the universe 13.7 billion years old. This galaxy is 13.3 billion "LIGHT YEARS" away from earth.
The expansion of the universe is speeding up. Yet it is nowhere near the speed of light. This proves that the years and distances just don't add up.
Either that Galaxy is not 13.3 billion "LIGHT YEARS" away or the universe is much older.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Still not reading down far enough before I respond. Beat me to the punch again Mike.
It happens to me all the time. Especially on a Monday.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You still don't understand that the earth was purposefully assembled by the Creator and his word said water was involved in the very beginning.
Sure we do...you just fail to understand that it is WRONG...despite your assertions, arm-flapping, foot-stomping, bible quoting, childish refusals to read anything applicable, your complete lack of intellect on the subject matter, nor tear-filled appeals won't change that...no matter, science still moves along...we win, you lose...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>No man knows not even the angels in heaven, only the Creator knows that.
Ya got nothing, do ya?!? You're floundering SLAVE...finally have to appeal to the old crying tactic...no matter... science wins, religion loses when it comes to intellect,progress, reliability and HONESTY...your posts prove this...you have failed epically

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I don't care about the politics...politics and facts might be the same to you...but there's a world of difference.
Science taught with political bias, to support the ideology of science is not true science.
Well sure...because plugging your ears, covering your eyes and whistling by the library's non-fiction section has gotten you what exactly...2000 year old knowledge...way to go...gonna stone anybody anytime soon?!?LMFAOLOLOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Erm .... what? "The Earth was formed from water?" No, if it was then what are we standing on?
You really are clueless.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Too Much Testosterone Lowers Intelligence

http://www.altpenis.com/news/20060828003237da...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that news article has been refuted? Kong provided the link. How would collagen be well preserved for more than 6.8 million years? You now have a case to solve. lol
Kong and I were on the same page. I already explained how collagen could be preserved. The find is valid, it's just the creationist's misrepresentation/misunderstan dings which have been refuted.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten "
I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
I find it funny that you find it funny that you think he's pinning rules on God, while you pin your rules on God all the time.(shrug)

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They never said it was. It was the force behind it that could've possessed intelligence.
Actually, it was Hugs & Kisses or Tic-Tac-Toe (or whatever it means) that suggested it:
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How about nuclear fusion...
would you say that a human built nuclear reactor was of intelligent design?...of course, anyone would.
But to claim that a star, doing the exact same process is undemonstrated as an intelligent process, is ludicrous.
Cybele wrote:
Universal Intelligence - wiki
The universe has been set up exquisitely enough to have intelligence. There are intelligent entities like ourselves that can contemplate the universe and develop models about it, which is interesting. Intelligence is, in fact, a powerful force and we can see that its power is going to grow not linearly but exponentially, and will ultimately be powerful enough to change the destiny of the universe.
Possibly.
Cybele wrote:
It would be a mistake to say that the brain only has a few simple ideas and that once we can understand them we can build a very simple machine. But although there is a lot of complexity to the brain, it's also not vast complexity. It is described by a genome that doesn't have that much information in it. There are about 800 million bytes in the uncompressed genome. We need to consider redundancies in the DNA, as some sequences are repeated hundreds of thousands of times. By applying routine data compression, you can compress this information at a ratio of about 30 to 1, giving you about 23 million bytes which is smaller than Microsoft Word to describe the initial conditions of the brain.
But the brain has a lot more information than that. You can argue about the exact number, but I come up with thousands of trillions of bytes of information to characterize what's in a brain, which is millions of times greater than what is in the genome. How can that be? Marvin talked about how the methods from computer science are important for understanding how the brain works. We know from computer science that we can very easily create programs of considerable complexity from a small starting condition. You can, with a very small program, create a genetic algorithm that simulates some simple evolutionary process and create something of far greater complexity than itself.
You can use a random function within the program, which ultimately creates not just randomness, but is creating some meaningful information after the initial random conditions are evolved using a self-organizing method, resulting in information that's far greater than the initial conditions.
http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/kurzweil02/ku...
Where do you come up with 'bytes'? That's a binary term. I see no correlation to DNA.
Cybele wrote:
Do you think we are alone in the universe?
No, I do not. However, whether we will ever communicate with another intelligent species may be doubtful.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask KK about the delay in the laws of physics I believe it was her that told me about it.
Because as you know if there was no time out for the laws of physics there would be noway the singularity could have never over came all the gravity of the whole universe.
What gravity? How can there be gravity before the universe developed mass? And remind me again why you're attempting to lecture me about the laws of physics when your position involves magical wizards?

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten "
I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
We've been laughing at fundiots for a LONG time, junior...try unpluggin your ears and opening your eyes...the spittle has been flying over your head for YEARS...

Deflection will get you know where...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you reference science web sites?
If necessary. Not that it matters to fundies. They ask for the science, they get the science, then they say the science is still wrong.

They just can't say why.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"The galaxy MACS0647-JD (inset) appears very young and is only a fraction of the size of our own Milky Way. The galaxy is about 13.3 billion light-years from Earth, the farthest galaxy yet known, and formed 420 million years after the Big Bang. Image taken by Hubble Space Telescope on Nov. 29, 2011, and released Nov. 15, 2012.
CREDIT: NASA, ESA, and M. Postman and D. Coe (STScI) and CLASH Team "
This alone is proof that science has the age of this stuff all wrong.
Science claims the universe 13.7 billion years old. This galaxy is 13.3 billion "LIGHT YEARS" away from earth.
The expansion of the universe is speeding up. Yet it is nowhere near the speed of light. This proves that the years and distances just don't add up.
Either that Galaxy is not 13.3 billion "LIGHT YEARS" away or the universe is much older.
WTF? Are you serious?

The galaxy appears young because the light started towards us 13.3 billion years ago when it WAS young.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Weak. Very weak.
"It ranks first among the works of God"

The largest land animal every to live.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I finally realized who you mean when you are talking about KK. I thought it was a klan reference. It just seemed like a natural connection.
My apologies to Kitten for any comments made based on that error.
Originally that's what I thought he was referring to also, since he mentioned the Klan at the time.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"TOTAL lack of evidence when hundreds of professional archaeologists have been looking for over a hundred years is a sure sign that the event NEVER happened."
So by this then macroevolution never happened.
Of course it happened. Due to a preponderance of evidence, hardly a total lack of it.

Ya know, that hard sciencey stuff where you don't even know (or care) what we're talking about anyway?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that many places have human foot prints been found crossing Dragon foot prints in the same stone.
And in front of news crews and cameras more rock was lifted off exposing more human tracks under other rock so there was noway they could have been faked.
Aw geez, Paluxy FAIL!

Even other fundies know not to use that one. What's next, the SLoT?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,901 - 68,920 of111,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••