Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,445)

Showing posts 68,881 - 68,900 of111,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten state...".
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
BWAHAHAHAA!!!

You see? This is precisely why nobody takes you Fundies seriously!

You bitch and complain that you cannot have Genesis taught in public schools AS SCIENCE, then -- when confronted with logic and evidence that contradicts the Bible -- you invoke MAGIC.

....And I'm not an "Atheist". I'm actually Agnostic. Meaning, I am open to the possibility for the existance of a Supreme Deity. So far, I have not been presented with any evidence for this deity.
But *IF* there is a "God" that put this universe together, He/She/It left us all sorts of evidence that suggests that the account of Creation as described in Genesis is a bunch of hooey.

*IF* there is a God, He/She/It used the forces and time-frames as described by science to do His/Her/Its bidding.

YOUR 'God' is a cartoon in comparison.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

So by this then macroevolution never happened.
What kind of more on (?) would say that? Humans have reptilian DNA, duh. Haven't you noticed the cold-blooded people in these forums? lol

Maybe the secret is in the heart.

While bird and mammalian hearts have four chambers, frogs and other amphibians have three. "How did hearts evolve from three to four chambers?" Bruneau said. "The different reptiles offer a sort of continuum from three to four chambers. By examining them, we learned a lot about how the human heart chambers normally form."

and fish has 2 chambers, btw.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/...

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How about nuclear fusion...
would you say that a human built nuclear reactor was of intelligent design?...of course, anyone would.
But to claim that a star, doing the exact same process is undemonstrated as an intelligent process, is ludicrous.
Well of course the sun is FUSING HYROGEN INTO HElium, etc...a nuclear readtor utilizes FISSION, moron...the exact OPPOSITE process of FUSION...that would be SPLITTING(dividing), not FUSING(binding)...thanbks for playing, we have a swift kick in th a$$ for your consolation prize...to f@#$cking hilarious when they show thir A$$...just too hilarious

And the dumba$$ meter goes BOOOOOM, once again...where do I send the repair bill? Heaven?!?!ROFLMAO

Langoliers everyone...give him a nice round of applause...hey, don't snicker at him...this is science...what do you expect from a moron?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that many places have human foot prints been found crossing Dragon foot prints in the same stone.
And in front of news crews and cameras more rock was lifted off exposing more human tracks under other rock so there was noway they could have been faked.
Paluxy?

Hose job.

Next!

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Laugh your ass out to death you educated backward clown.
Don't you mean educatived?!?

I will crush you...I will stomp your petulant, childish responses EVERY time...I am not nice to foolos...I make them suffer puiblicly...humiliate them, make an example of how being stupid-PRO-ACTIVELY STUPID, is to humiliated and condemned...how a pissant with a computer, whom thinks contrite, glib responses is actually progressing humanity...you willo lose every time, any time, anywhere...FOREVER...the AGE of religion is gone...the Age of ENlightenment has come and crushed your antiquted bull$hit...do move along before I decide to go all biblical on your a$$...you have been warned...if you think my intellect is superior, you'd best steer clear of the martial arts...keep your wife, daughters, mother and sisters away, I have KNOWN(biblically) many of your Xian females...and they LOVE me...I OWN you, B!TCH...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
intelligent does not mean the ability to talk. Steven Hawking can't talk on his own.
He does find a way to communicate though.

So how do you know the stars are intelligent?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Carbon Dating" is only good for organic remains of about 60,000 years of age.

Items OLDER than that are dated by one of the other FORTY OTHER radiometric dating methods.

Many of which over lap and confirm each other as to generalized dates.
I heard it was only 50,000 years.

"Carbon dating is used to determine the age of biological artifacts up to 50,000 years old. This technique is widely used on recent artifacts, but teachers should note that this technique will not work on older fossils (like those of the dinosaurs which are over 65 million years old). This technique is not restricted to bones; it can also be used on cloth, wood and plant fibers. Carbon-14 dating has been used successfully on the Dead Sea Scrolls, Minoan ruins and tombs of the pharohs among other things."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text><<Sigh>>

I have to wake up in 5 hours.

Read Dr. Wein's link (provided earlier).

He discusses in full the concepts behind the FORTY DIFFERENT radiometric dating methods that reach back to BILLIONS OF YEARS.

Please get a basic education when trying to debate something.

Good nite.
Insults do not strengthen your postion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>The writer of the article (NOT the scientist) was likely under the same misunderstanding as to radiometric dating that you are that EVERY such dating is "Carbon Dating".

In fact, there are (as previously stated) over 40 different methods used for different time periods.
Yes I like the scientific dating method used that the bones found with pottery is dated by the pottery and the pottery is dated by the bones found with it.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
intelligent does not mean the ability to talk. Steven Hawking can't talk on his own.
He can still communicate can't he dummy.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
He does find a way to communicate though.
Still not reading down far enough before I respond. Beat me to the punch again Mike.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You really are an idiot. Bone is a biological material, so is feces, so is saliva. You need to learn English.
Debunked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Because hereditary material is carbon based, duh.
Debunking.... Run for it.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"experiment was shut down out of fear of and pressure from religious groups"
Sounds like a very simple process to facilitate...and to claim that making a very simple single cell organism in a science lab in some university or laboratory somewhere would all be shut down and abandoned and never tried again because of religious groups twenty years ago is quite unbelievable...
link please.
Actually, this is the experiment some 60+ years ago...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93U...

And for some light reading, here is the man who FIRST promoted the Primodrial Atom theory...Georges Lemaitre(that's Goerge Le-Met in Englishese) who was- drum roll, please- AN ORDAINED CATHOLIC PRIEST, and a contemporary of Einstein...actually Lemaitre SHOWED Einstein how the STEADY-STATE THEORY(of Fred Hoyle fame) was WRONG...I suppose you'd tell a bona fide priest/physicist his business about physics and religion, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...

You see, when you have FORMAL educartion, like me, you have this great ability to actually LEARN from people...sometimes even GENIUSES...sometimes even RELGIOUS GENIUSES whom are honorable enough to place knowledge and its dissemination above lying...I suggest you learn something from someone for ONCE in your life...careful...it's intoxicating...bet you'll never climb back up the slipperry slope to fantasy world.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point does carbon dating break down?
And how would you really know if it did or didn't?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dati...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I finally realized who you mean when you are talking about KK. I thought it was a klan reference. It just seemed like a natural connection.
My apologies to Kitten for any comments made based on that error.
It's okay, I actually prefer people not use KK to refer to my nickname online anyway, because it's downright confusing in many ways. It's also a common chat term for Okay ... started from some other country or something. Too many meanings makes things too complex. I sort of figured there was some miscommunication there from the start and waited for it to sort itself out.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked.
Erm ... what? You're saying that bone, saliva, and feces are not biological material? Erm ... just ... wow, are you 9 months old?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunking.... Run for it.
Okay, so if life on Earth is not carbon based, what is it based on?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They never said it was. It was the force behind it that could've possessed intelligence.

Universal Intelligence - wiki

The universe has been set up exquisitely enough to have intelligence. There are intelligent entities like ourselves that can contemplate the universe and develop models about it, which is interesting. Intelligence is, in fact, a powerful force and we can see that its power is going to grow not linearly but exponentially, and will ultimately be powerful enough to change the destiny of the universe.

It would be a mistake to say that the brain only has a few simple ideas and that once we can understand them we can build a very simple machine. But although there is a lot of complexity to the brain, it's also not vast complexity. It is described by a genome that doesn't have that much information in it. There are about 800 million bytes in the uncompressed genome. We need to consider redundancies in the DNA, as some sequences are repeated hundreds of thousands of times. By applying routine data compression, you can compress this information at a ratio of about 30 to 1, giving you about 23 million bytes which is smaller than Microsoft Word to describe the initial conditions of the brain.

But the brain has a lot more information than that. You can argue about the exact number, but I come up with thousands of trillions of bytes of information to characterize what's in a brain, which is millions of times greater than what is in the genome. How can that be? Marvin talked about how the methods from computer science are important for understanding how the brain works. We know from computer science that we can very easily create programs of considerable complexity from a small starting condition. You can, with a very small program, create a genetic algorithm that simulates some simple evolutionary process and create something of far greater complexity than itself.

You can use a random function within the program, which ultimately creates not just randomness, but is creating some meaningful information after the initial random conditions are evolved using a self-organizing method, resulting in information that's far greater than the initial conditions.

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/kurzweil02/ku...

Do you think we are alone in the universe?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!!!
You can't make this SH:T up!!!
Okay, some supporters of evolution make crap up. Millions of Christians make things up about Christianity, does that make Christianity false?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,881 - 68,900 of111,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••