Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,444)

Showing posts 68,861 - 68,880 of111,632
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>After? I thought it was during the singularity. Either way, it MAY be testable once cosmologists have a working theory of quantum gravity.

Unlike the possibility of invisible magic Jews. Funnily enough you don't give a crud about science as long as that gets through.

Langoliers wrote, "Most of the water from the flood came from the fountains of the deep. And only when God ended the flood did he raise up the mountains and lower the ocean floors. Try and keep up."

We can test for that. For example, if we have any life on Earth at all post flood era, then the flood has been falsified.

Of course we can't falsify the bit where the idea is rescued by invisible Jewish magic.

Langoliers wrote, ""The scribes just fell asleep during that part and it didn't get included along with dinosaurs, "
Now try and understand that the word dinosaurs is a word that was invented recently. The Bible does describe them however under other names "Behemoth" and "Dragons". Rather funny the Bible describing your dinosaurs thousands of years before the first bones were found. "

Funny how the "descriptions" were so vague they can mean whatever you like post-hoc.(shrug)
Ask KK about the delay in the laws of physics I believe it was her that told me about it.

Because as you know if there was no time out for the laws of physics there would be noway the singularity could have never over came all the gravity of the whole universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you're right, I admit it - I AM A MEMBER OF THE CULT OF GRAVITY!!!
I knew it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful. Some of them little chickies might bite back!
:-p
Hmm.

Chikins wif raptor teef.

That might be cause for concern...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.

You really did it.

You actually referenced Conservapedia.
Do you reference science web sites?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>We were discussing increases and decreases - not static numbers. At any rate, this would *still* show an increase over Gallups initial 1% figure.
These numbers show a decrees compared to these old survey numbers.
These current numbers show atheist at 2.04%

A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

"In 2007, a Pew Forum survey found that the atheist population in the United States was 1.6% of the American population."

"Global atheism is shrinking and demographic changes in the United States and the world are expected to shrink the influence of American secularism.

In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator declared concerning research published in the International Bulletin of

Missionary Research:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Science even has mythology...as well as cults...Star trek is just one example of science mythology.
a horse by any other name ...
Ummm...that's be Science FICTION, dummbass...thanks for playing...care to address the FICTION of the bible? Nah...why let the facts get in the way, right?!?! MOVE ALONG, fool...grown-ups are here now...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."
Buddha FTW!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten "
I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
I find you funny. Your assumptions. Funny. Your knowledge of the Bible. Funny. Your knowledge of science. Funny. Your arrogant position that anyone against you is an atheist. Funny.

You are just a fun gi.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask KK about the delay in the laws of physics I believe it was her that told me about it.
Because as you know if there was no time out for the laws of physics there would be noway the singularity could have never over came all the gravity of the whole universe.
I finally realized who you mean when you are talking about KK. I thought it was a klan reference. It just seemed like a natural connection.

My apologies to Kitten for any comments made based on that error.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"And thee are 1000s of Far East(Chinese) depictions of DRAGONS on lots of royal/civilain pieces"
Yes I know. And we have museum full of their bones.
"All new atheist population around the world!
"Atheism losing adherents in terms of the global population
The 2004 to 2007 publicity campaign for atheism in the Western World was not sustainable. The level of public interest in atheism is not coming back in the West and global atheism is shrinking.
See also: Global atheism and American atheism and Atheist Population and Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator citing research published in the International Bulletin of Missionary Research reported that atheism is on the decline as a whole in terms of adherents .
The American Spectator declared:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding.
In 2009, the book A sceptics guide to atheism indicated: "A worldwide poll taken in 1991 put the global figure for atheists at just 4.4% of the population. By 2006 it was estimated that only 2% of the world population were atheists."
In 2012 an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
The IBMR publishes yearly figures for religions (and non religions) around the globe. Their latest numbers, hot off the press (Jan. 2012) show some interesting trends.
Atheism is in Decline
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty 4.5% of the global population. By 2012 atheists number is estimated at 137 million. Thats a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists share declined to less than one-in-fifty under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world!
Atheism is in decline.
Agnosticism is in Decline
In 2000 agnostics (those who don't know if there is a God) numbered 666 million, 10.9% of the worlds people. By 2012 agnostic number is estimated at 661 million--a decline of 5 million. In relative terms by 2012 agnostics represent less than one tenth (9.4%) of world population. Every 24 hours there are 1,100 less agnostics in the world. Agnostics are also in decline.
Added together these two groups make up a declining share of global population. In 1970 atheists and agnostics accounted for one-in-five (19.2%) of the worlds people. Based on current trends by 2025 they will represent less than one-in-ten (9.7%). Their population share will fall by half in 50+ years."
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism
http://www.americanhumanist.org/HNN/details/2...

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/10/sta...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

http://humanism.org.uk/campaigns/religion-and...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Again...don't let the FACTS get in your...those damn fact conspiraciosts...damn them all to hell, right?:!?!? F!@#king troll...conservapedia...LMFAOL OLOLOL...couldn't find it on WIKIPEDIA eh...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>TOTAL lack of evidence when hundreds of professional archaeologists have been looking for over a hundred years is a sure sign that the event NEVER happened.

We're not talking about just a small amount of evidence found, therefore there is small support for the assertion....we're talking NO evidence, Zilch, Nada, Nyet, Nothing. Archaeologists and many theologians have known this for decades
"TOTAL lack of evidence when hundreds of professional archaeologists have been looking for over a hundred years is a sure sign that the event NEVER happened."

So by this then macroevolution never happened.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten "
I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
Since God can suspend the laws of physics and do whatever he wants. Then why didn't he just encapsulate Noah and his family along with whatever number of animals he chose in a stasis field, destroy the Earth and put them on an exact replica when he was done. For that matter why not wish all of humanity into the corn field in a blink of an eye. Afterall it was man and not animals and plants that had sinned.

You attribute all these things that God could do, but your imagination is limited to what that can mean. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing; we have never found any 'Dragon' bones associated with human bones. No 'Dragon' bones in any strata that is newer than 65,000,000 years ago
Funny that many places have human foot prints been found crossing Dragon foot prints in the same stone.
And in front of news crews and cameras more rock was lifted off exposing more human tracks under other rock so there was noway they could have been faked.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...that's be Science FICTION, dummbass...thanks for playing...care to address the FICTION of the bible? Nah...why let the facts get in the way, right?!?! MOVE ALONG, fool...grown-ups are here now...
I don't think anyone can say it better. Makes you wonder what kind of moron comes up with this stuff and post it with a straight face?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you reference science web sites?
Of course. They have facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>So stars are intelligent? Do they talk to you often? Loony.
intelligent does not mean the ability to talk. Steven Hawking can't talk on his own.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's look at the CIA's survey.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, atheists 2.04%.
Here's what the ACTUAL site says about the US alone...https://www.cia.gov/li brary/publications/the-world-f actbook/fields/2122.html

Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian 1.6%, Jewish 1.7%, Buddhist 0.7%, Muslim 0.6%, other or unspecified 2.5%, unaffiliated 12.1%, none 4%(2007 est.)...your dishnesty is noted, AS USUAL...Ijust love how when it's time to count you act as if Protestants and Catholics are this chummy group...LOL...the term Christian wasn't even in the common vernacualr until the 1960's...before that it was Catholic, Baptists, Lutheran Presbyterian, Methodist, etc, etc, etc...love how you co-opt you sworn enemies when its time to battle...hilarious...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The United States of America "Central Intelligent's Agency" survey.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, atheists 2.04%.
Once again...the WORLD stats according to
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...

Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, non-religious 9.66%, atheists 2.01%(2010 est.)

Throw in the Hinudus and those who are NON-religious and/or atheist makes us 4th...and RISING...the group losing the most: Christians...specifically PROTESTANTS...Catholics still feel too guilty about it...LOL...you wouldn't DARE lie about the NON-religious, like me, would you? LYING FOR JESUS SENDS YOU TO HELL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

ztormbringer wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, actually it has, over 20 years ago experiments with contained conditions holding what science at that time considered the "primordial soup" mixture of chemicals in solution and in atmosphere subjected to high voltage electrical arc to replicate lightning produced proto amino acid chains - the building blocks of life as we know it, those when further stimulated began to organize in more complex structures - indistinguishable from the posited first living things on earth - the experiment was shut down out of fear of and pressure from religious groups and the subsequent withdrawal of funding. The data published was directly instrumental in the later successful cloning experiments.
LOL!!!!!!!!

You can't make this SH:T up!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Never question human intelligence> After all they think they are the superior beans in the universe. And, they are primitive as far as the others are concerned.
Funny "Beans"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,861 - 68,880 of111,632
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••