Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#73191 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you reference science web sites?
Of course. They have facts.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#73192 Jan 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>So stars are intelligent? Do they talk to you often? Loony.
intelligent does not mean the ability to talk. Steven Hawking can't talk on his own.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#73193 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's look at the CIA's survey.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, atheists 2.04%.
Here's what the ACTUAL site says about the US alone...https://www.cia.gov/li brary/publications/the-world-f actbook/fields/2122.html

Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian 1.6%, Jewish 1.7%, Buddhist 0.7%, Muslim 0.6%, other or unspecified 2.5%, unaffiliated 12.1%, none 4%(2007 est.)...your dishnesty is noted, AS USUAL...Ijust love how when it's time to count you act as if Protestants and Catholics are this chummy group...LOL...the term Christian wasn't even in the common vernacualr until the 1960's...before that it was Catholic, Baptists, Lutheran Presbyterian, Methodist, etc, etc, etc...love how you co-opt you sworn enemies when its time to battle...hilarious...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73194 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The United States of America "Central Intelligent's Agency" survey.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, atheists 2.04%.
Once again...the WORLD stats according to
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...

Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, non-religious 9.66%, atheists 2.01%(2010 est.)

Throw in the Hinudus and those who are NON-religious and/or atheist makes us 4th...and RISING...the group losing the most: Christians...specifically PROTESTANTS...Catholics still feel too guilty about it...LOL...you wouldn't DARE lie about the NON-religious, like me, would you? LYING FOR JESUS SENDS YOU TO HELL

Location hidden

#73195 Jan 30, 2013
ztormbringer wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, actually it has, over 20 years ago experiments with contained conditions holding what science at that time considered the "primordial soup" mixture of chemicals in solution and in atmosphere subjected to high voltage electrical arc to replicate lightning produced proto amino acid chains - the building blocks of life as we know it, those when further stimulated began to organize in more complex structures - indistinguishable from the posited first living things on earth - the experiment was shut down out of fear of and pressure from religious groups and the subsequent withdrawal of funding. The data published was directly instrumental in the later successful cloning experiments.
LOL!!!!!!!!

You can't make this SH:T up!!!

Location hidden

#73196 Jan 30, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>Never question human intelligence> After all they think they are the superior beans in the universe. And, they are primitive as far as the others are concerned.
Funny "Beans"

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#73197 Jan 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten state...".
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>I find it funny that atheist put rules like this on God.
BWAHAHAHAA!!!

You see? This is precisely why nobody takes you Fundies seriously!

You bitch and complain that you cannot have Genesis taught in public schools AS SCIENCE, then -- when confronted with logic and evidence that contradicts the Bible -- you invoke MAGIC.

....And I'm not an "Atheist". I'm actually Agnostic. Meaning, I am open to the possibility for the existance of a Supreme Deity. So far, I have not been presented with any evidence for this deity.
But *IF* there is a "God" that put this universe together, He/She/It left us all sorts of evidence that suggests that the account of Creation as described in Genesis is a bunch of hooey.

*IF* there is a God, He/She/It used the forces and time-frames as described by science to do His/Her/Its bidding.

YOUR 'God' is a cartoon in comparison.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#73198 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

So by this then macroevolution never happened.
What kind of more on (?) would say that? Humans have reptilian DNA, duh. Haven't you noticed the cold-blooded people in these forums? lol

Maybe the secret is in the heart.

While bird and mammalian hearts have four chambers, frogs and other amphibians have three. "How did hearts evolve from three to four chambers?" Bruneau said. "The different reptiles offer a sort of continuum from three to four chambers. By examining them, we learned a lot about how the human heart chambers normally form."

and fish has 2 chambers, btw.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/...

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73199 Jan 30, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How about nuclear fusion...
would you say that a human built nuclear reactor was of intelligent design?...of course, anyone would.
But to claim that a star, doing the exact same process is undemonstrated as an intelligent process, is ludicrous.
Well of course the sun is FUSING HYROGEN INTO HElium, etc...a nuclear readtor utilizes FISSION, moron...the exact OPPOSITE process of FUSION...that would be SPLITTING(dividing), not FUSING(binding)...thanbks for playing, we have a swift kick in th a$$ for your consolation prize...to f@#$cking hilarious when they show thir A$$...just too hilarious

And the dumba$$ meter goes BOOOOOM, once again...where do I send the repair bill? Heaven?!?!ROFLMAO

Langoliers everyone...give him a nice round of applause...hey, don't snicker at him...this is science...what do you expect from a moron?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#73200 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that many places have human foot prints been found crossing Dragon foot prints in the same stone.
And in front of news crews and cameras more rock was lifted off exposing more human tracks under other rock so there was noway they could have been faked.
Paluxy?

Hose job.

Next!

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73202 Jan 30, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Laugh your ass out to death you educated backward clown.
Don't you mean educatived?!?

I will crush you...I will stomp your petulant, childish responses EVERY time...I am not nice to foolos...I make them suffer puiblicly...humiliate them, make an example of how being stupid-PRO-ACTIVELY STUPID, is to humiliated and condemned...how a pissant with a computer, whom thinks contrite, glib responses is actually progressing humanity...you willo lose every time, any time, anywhere...FOREVER...the AGE of religion is gone...the Age of ENlightenment has come and crushed your antiquted bull$hit...do move along before I decide to go all biblical on your a$$...you have been warned...if you think my intellect is superior, you'd best steer clear of the martial arts...keep your wife, daughters, mother and sisters away, I have KNOWN(biblically) many of your Xian females...and they LOVE me...I OWN you, B!TCH...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#73203 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
intelligent does not mean the ability to talk. Steven Hawking can't talk on his own.
He does find a way to communicate though.

So how do you know the stars are intelligent?

Location hidden

#73204 Jan 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Carbon Dating" is only good for organic remains of about 60,000 years of age.

Items OLDER than that are dated by one of the other FORTY OTHER radiometric dating methods.

Many of which over lap and confirm each other as to generalized dates.
I heard it was only 50,000 years.

"Carbon dating is used to determine the age of biological artifacts up to 50,000 years old. This technique is widely used on recent artifacts, but teachers should note that this technique will not work on older fossils (like those of the dinosaurs which are over 65 million years old). This technique is not restricted to bones; it can also be used on cloth, wood and plant fibers. Carbon-14 dating has been used successfully on the Dead Sea Scrolls, Minoan ruins and tombs of the pharohs among other things."

Location hidden

#73205 Jan 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text><<Sigh>>

I have to wake up in 5 hours.

Read Dr. Wein's link (provided earlier).

He discusses in full the concepts behind the FORTY DIFFERENT radiometric dating methods that reach back to BILLIONS OF YEARS.

Please get a basic education when trying to debate something.

Good nite.
Insults do not strengthen your postion.

Location hidden

#73206 Jan 30, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>The writer of the article (NOT the scientist) was likely under the same misunderstanding as to radiometric dating that you are that EVERY such dating is "Carbon Dating".

In fact, there are (as previously stated) over 40 different methods used for different time periods.
Yes I like the scientific dating method used that the bones found with pottery is dated by the pottery and the pottery is dated by the bones found with it.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#73207 Jan 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He can still communicate can't he dummy.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#73208 Jan 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
He does find a way to communicate though.
So how do you know the stars are intelligent?
Still not reading down far enough before I respond. Beat me to the punch again Mike.

Location hidden

#73209 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You really are an idiot. Bone is a biological material, so is feces, so is saliva. You need to learn English.
Debunked.

Location hidden

#73210 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Because hereditary material is carbon based, duh.
Debunking.... Run for it.

Level 2

Statesville, NC

#73211 Jan 30, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"experiment was shut down out of fear of and pressure from religious groups"
Sounds like a very simple process to facilitate...and to claim that making a very simple single cell organism in a science lab in some university or laboratory somewhere would all be shut down and abandoned and never tried again because of religious groups twenty years ago is quite unbelievable...
link please.
Actually, this is the experiment some 60+ years ago...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93U...

And for some light reading, here is the man who FIRST promoted the Primodrial Atom theory...Georges Lemaitre(that's Goerge Le-Met in Englishese) who was- drum roll, please- AN ORDAINED CATHOLIC PRIEST, and a contemporary of Einstein...actually Lemaitre SHOWED Einstein how the STEADY-STATE THEORY(of Fred Hoyle fame) was WRONG...I suppose you'd tell a bona fide priest/physicist his business about physics and religion, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...

You see, when you have FORMAL educartion, like me, you have this great ability to actually LEARN from people...sometimes even GENIUSES...sometimes even RELGIOUS GENIUSES whom are honorable enough to place knowledge and its dissemination above lying...I suggest you learn something from someone for ONCE in your life...careful...it's intoxicating...bet you'll never climb back up the slipperry slope to fantasy world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 7 min Vector aka Victor... 17,950
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 9 min Vector aka Victor... 1,757
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min Vector aka Victor... 26,405
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 12 min Vector aka Victor... 1,490
tellmealie (Dec '12) 38 min CJ Rocker 296
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 45 min CJ Rocker 7,762
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Dally Mama 77,428
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Michael 150,873
Bill Cosby 2 hr Emerald 82
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Shaman- 23,839
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 4 hr FTW Forever 73

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE