Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,761 - 68,780 of 114,599 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is impossible. For water to collect the Earth's solid surface would have to exist first so that the water would have somewhere to pool onto. Duh.
You still don't understand that the earth was purposefully assembled by the Creator and his word said water was involved in the very beginning.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
All I have is God's word on how the earth began and I believe it. The truth will stand when the earth is on fire.
Really ... so how is that doomsday stuff coming? Been hearing about it for ... 2000 years, and everything keeps getting better on this planet. So ... when is thise "fire" suppose to happen?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are an idiot. Bone is a biological material, so is feces, so is saliva. You need to learn English.
lol...Did I say they wasn't? All I did was quote a science article.

If you payed any attention at all,the idea was about incorporating organic materials into computer design.

Transistors made from organic materials found in the human body

http://www.ecofriend.com/transistors-made-org...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You still don't understand that the earth was purposefully assembled by the Creator and his word said water was involved in the very beginning.
You need a lot of evidence to make what you say anything less than a delusion.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ... so how is that doomsday stuff coming? Been hearing about it for ... 2000 years, and everything keeps getting better on this planet. So ... when is thise "fire" suppose to happen?
No man knows not even the angels in heaven, only the Creator knows that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because hereditary material is carbon based, duh.
Again, missed the point entirely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Universal Intelligence is a term used by some to describe what they see as organization, or order of the universe. It has been described as "the intrinsic tendency for things to self-organize and co-evolve into ever more complex, intricately interwoven and mutually compatible forms."
In attempting to design an artificial machine intelligence, the term universal intelligence is a descriptive term based on a mathematical formula.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Intell...
There is math in everything. That's the universal language and the universal intelligence of everything! It's simple matrix.
Intrinsic intelligent design.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
“Actually the truth of the matter is, Science has to tie ID in with religious creationism to avoid the real issue...that of an obvious intelligent process behind the Universe.”
Well it was the courts that made the final decision; Intelligent Design is nothing more than Creation Science (religion) rebranded. And the court was right. There is no obvious intelligence process behind the universe, and there is no obvious intelligence behind Intelligent Design.
You write:
“The very same ploy is used to tie Christianity in with the barbaric practices of the historical hebrewic <sic> culture. The one's that the Christ abhored <sic> and spoke out against. There can be no real argument against the true teaching of Christ, so it's one of non existence...”
It is my understanding that Jesus was a Hebrew and remained one through-out his life. I think you would find that the dreams and aspirations of the average Jew today is about the same as the average Christian. They just don’t believe that Jesus was the messiah…and they might be on to something.
Anyway, all of that is superfluous to Intelligent Design being religion and you’re trying to insert Christian religion into secular schools. If you want your children to know the religion, teach it in your home or send your kids to religious schools.
Just be aware that you are dumbing down your children and they might not be able to integrate into modern work situations. Also, they may be pretty mad at you when they finally find out all that religious stuff is just a big scam.
Could care less about the politics involved.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Could care less about the politics involved.
Since you don't care about the facts, then why do you care at all?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Carbon dating is only good for up to 60,000 years because the material it measures, C-14, decays into other materials with a half life of just over 5000 years. By the time you get past 60K, there is so little remaining that its not measurable against background noise.
For older materials, other decaying isotopes are used with half lives from thousands of years to several billion years. However, only carbon-14 is actually IN the specimen. For the older datings, they date the rocks around and above the fossil, and they can only be certain types of rock too.
The only point I was making was that tree rings used to verify the method....but there is quite a difference between one hundred year old tree rings, and millions of year old fossils.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't care about the facts, then why do you care at all?
I said I don't care about the politics...politics and facts might be the same to you...but there's a world of difference.

Science taught with political bias, to support the ideology of science is not true science.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I don't care about the politics...politics and facts might be the same to you...but there's a world of difference.
Science taught with political bias, to support the ideology of science is not true science.
He posted the facts. ID is nothing more than creationism, specifically christian creationism, relabeled to dishonestly attempt to make it look liks science. But it's not science, because science deals with evidence. Until evidence is provided it's nothing more than delusion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He posted the facts. ID is nothing more than creationism, specifically christian creationism, relabeled to dishonestly attempt to make it look liks science. But it's not science, because science deals with evidence. Until evidence is provided it's nothing more than delusion.
Of course its tied in christian creationism...It has to be, because the obvious can't be honestly refuted.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Example:
Job 40:15-24
New International Version (NIV)
15 “Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God, yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
Weak. Very weak.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you call this a science forum?
I do. Is that too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course its tied in christian creationism...It has to be, because the obvious can't be honestly refuted.
What's "obvious?" I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how someone tries to use logic to explain something with substance and yet you counter it with "well show me empirical evidence or it never happened."
Logic is not evidence.
Cybele wrote:
Well, then why don't you give us the evidence. You know how scientists have perfectly assembled fossilized dinosaur bones and yet NONE of them contain DNA. And yet the list of dinosaurs is astounding. No matter what you say we know that all bones contain DNA.
Start from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dinosaur...
Not to get all sciency on you but...
http://www.nature.com/news/dna-has-a-521-year...

A little research is a good thing. Don't you agree?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want evidences that goes against their science ideologies...they only except evidences that support their own secular views.
Their claim of one of bias impartiality.lol
So what is your most convincing piece of evidence?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point does carbon dating break down?
If you mean no longer usable for measurement, 50-60,000 years roughly.
xxxooxxx wrote:
And how would you really know if it did or didn't?
Science. Observation and mathematics.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Laugh your ass out to death you educated backward clown.
Charles, I think it's time for your nap. You obviously don't have a knack for the polysyllabic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••