Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,435)

Showing posts 68,681 - 68,700 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised that Satan works through people like you.
Sorry to hear that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Afterall the lord of liars would come dripping honey and promising much if you only you don't ask any questions and ignore the things that don't fit any facts.

I'd say that sounds about right.
Yes it does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Langoliers, but archaeology and archaeology in conjunction with some of the other ‘earth’ sciences have disproven a number of the Biblical myths.

For over a hundred years archaeology has been looking for evidence of a million+ Hebrews walking the Sinai desert for 40 years and have been unable to find ANY evidence at all for this event. So you could say that this is an event that lack of evidence disproves the story.

Geology primarily, but with much input from archaeology has never found any evidence for a world-wide flood. Archaeology's input in this is that it can prove that the WHOLE earth (minus Antarctica) was inhabited both before and after the supposed flood with no change in population or culture.

Archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA prove that we humans did evolve from the earlier ‘Homo’ species, and how long ago, pretty much destroying the Adam and Eve myth.

Archaeology along with other ‘earth’ sciences has proven that mankind has been around 200,000 +- years, as well as proving that other pre-humans were making tools and fire many hundreds of thousands of years ago…totally destroying the notion that the earth and humans are 6,000 +- years old.

Archaeology has disproven the Biblical story of Joshua and walls of Jericho. It has proven that Jericho’s walls and those of the other conquests (except for one) written about in the Bible, were already down, or were downed at a different date, or never down at all.

The Bible tells the story of Abraham and says he came from Ur of the Chaldea’s somewhere around 2,000 BC….However archaeology proves that the Chaldean's did not control Ur until about 500-600 BC thereby giving us the clue that ‘Moses’ did NOT write the Pentateuch. Archaeology also disproved the story of Abraham rescuing Lot from the city of Dan because its name wasn't ‘Dan’ until 300 years later. Further proof that the Abraham story was written later thereby excluding Moses as the author.

Don’t say that archaeology can’t disprove the Bible….it already HAS in the very foundational stories of the religion
Lack of evidence is not evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Quite educative. God bless!
Thank you.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
Most of the water from the flood came from the fountains of the deep. And only when God ended the flood did he raise up the mountains and lower the ocean floors. Try and keep up.
And the evidence for this is what exactly?
Langoliers wrote:
Now try and understand that the word dinosaurs is a word that was invented recently. The Bible does describe them however under other names "Behemoth" and "Dragons". Rather funny the Bible describing your dinosaurs thousands of years before the first bones were found.
A Fred Flintstone fan, I see.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the water from the flood came from the fountains of the deep. And only when God ended the flood did he raise up the mountains and lower the ocean floors. Try and keep up.
Please provide the Bible verse where this ("mountains up, ocean floors down") is specified.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of evidence is not evidence.
Repeat this 1,000 times.

To yourself, please.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>You miss the point.

We would expect the chronicles of the Bible to increasingly conform to historical evidence, the more recent the records, especially in the era when events could be recorded as they happened. Myth blending into legend blending into history.

Before the era of writing and allegedly written down in the time of Moses, the myths of Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, the Tower of Babel, Methuselah etc, all have absolutely no physical evidence and the pure flavour of creation myth.

Claiming that the real existence of say Babylon proves the earlier claims of the Bible is as silly as claiming that the real existence of Troy proves Homer's contention that Achilles was the son of the river goddess Thetis.
The proof of King David only proves that the Bible (the only documentation of King David previously) was validated in respect of its information on King David.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Quite educative. May God bless you...
Educative? WTF LMFAOOLOLOLOL...try EDUCATIONAL, dumbass

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide the Bible verse where this ("mountains up, ocean floors down") is specified.
<quoted text>
Repeat this 1,000 times.
To yourself, please.
Pardon me. I meant to specify the Bible verse ***POST FLOOD*** where said actions ("mountains up, ocean floors down") is specified.

You **DO** realize that if all those forces happened within a month or so after a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis, that the entire surface of the earth would likely still be in a molten state, and the oceans of the earth would have long since evaporated, and there would be no life on earth.....right?

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go through your own shit you call a post.
Translation: Soy, Ga, it's just too EDUCATIVE for me...EPIC FAIL...and your posts keep getting shorter and more glib...losing ye faith, are we...LMFAOOLOLOLOL...stupid is as stupid doesn't read...unless it's a book of magic Jews and converted pagans, eh? You'll be gone soon enough, or just change your namne, as ALL you fundiots do...tell me is there a website where you trolls huddle up and try to- err- fail to ever prsent a cogent argument...seems you fools come out of every crevice, ever so often and then run whe the light of reality is shone upon your fables...and I bet you lie to your children about SAntaCLaus( real name: St NMicolas of Myra:http://en.wikipedia.org/w iki/Saint_Nicholas...bet you won't tell the THE TRUTH...you'll just lie for Yahweh...of course, as always SEE YOU IN HELL, oh beaerer of false witness, vainglory and prideful sinner...ye shall feel the wrath of Yahweh when you are judged and PROVEN a liar(as Yahweh has a GREAT net connection!)...don't worry, Hell has a great house band, awesome drink specials, and the chicks...whoa...the chicks are just plentiful, beautiful and EDUCATED...not those prude, sassed-up, Catholic girls I used to bang behind the rectory...or is that in the rectory?!? Either way...don't bring your buzzkill mentality, becuase we kick the crap out of downers like you, BIBLICAL STYLE!

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's official writings in stone that revealed the proof of King David and the house of David.
Atheist long used King David as proof that the Bible was not historically accurate. Then they find the proof that King David did in fact exist exactly as the Bible described. And atheist try and trash that proof. Here's to trying to have it both ways.
And thee are 1000s of Far East(Chinese) depictions of DRAGONS on lots of royal/civilain pieces...doesn't make them any more real...you idiots were first jerking off over the Shroud of Turin, then ooops, it's a 14th century relic...dang...next comes finding the Ark in Turkey...oops, just a satellite photo with a stange looking outcrop 'resembling' the prow of a ship...oops, daaaaang...then there was the JAmes Ossuary...oops, faked by relic salesfolk...do I really need to tell you about the TEMPLES built to Zeus, Athena, Helen, etc, etc, etc...finding archaelogical evidence merely provides CONTEXT...I'm sure 2,000 years from now, your kind will SWEAR that humans were giants back in the day...look at that statue of LAdy Liberty...she's AWESOME...

Tell me: Don't you ever get tired of shoehorning your tripe into a box to make your delusions palatable? Your denials are hilarious...stubborn...but hilarious...meanwhile back at the REALITY FARM, the sun will rise for many more eons...religion keeps growing smaller and smaller as knowledge becomes GREATER AND GREATER..it is after all why ' devoutly relgious' seems to be a synonym for proactively ignorant...but don't let the facts stand in the way of the truth...as YOU See it: BLINDLY, IGNORANTLY, and CONTEXTUALLY(Um, you forgot the Apocrypha and the Gospel of MAry in your cut-and-paste-what-you-want style), tsk tsk...lying for Yahweh, are we? SEE YOU IN HELL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And Troy existed just as the Illyad described. Therefore Zeus is real.

If you got a problem with atheists I suggest you take it up with them.
I don't have a problem with atheist in fact I think everyone should own one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't care. Rhetorical dismissals don't address the evidence. It doesn't matter a bit if Darwin was Ghengis Khan. It has no bearing on the scientific validity of evolution. Tycho Brahe was an ahole but that doesn't falsify astronomy.(shrug)
If you say so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to understand that we don't give a flying fig about your baseless religious opinions.

Langoliers wrote, "Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible."

I know it makes no difference because evidence is irrelevant to you. If something supports the Bible, great. If it doesn't, make something up.(shrug)

Langoliers wrote, "See I also know how Satan works."

Of course you do. Which is because you have objectively demonstrated its existence in a scientific manner via the scientific method.

Oh, wait.

:-/

Langoliers wrote, "Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop."

You're preaching again.
Who's "We"?

Level 2

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
And as JRR Tolkien(a proud British subject of GErman descent) said in a letter to the Nazis: Aryan is a Linguistic commonality of INdo-Iranian languages, NOT A RACE...or as Cavilli-Svorza said: race is merely a socio-political construct of NO SCIENTIFIC VALUE...as usual, Hitler was WRONG, and hence so are you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jrr_tolkien#Poli...

But, again, don't let the FACTS cloud your delusion...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Computers contain organic compounds already, and the term "organic computer" does not mean "made of organic material" as you stated, idiot. They are two completely different things. Sheesh, did you drop out of school in kindergarten?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biocomputers#Eng...

The development of biocomputers has been made possible by the expanding new science of nanobiotechnology. The term nanobiotechnology can be defined in multiple ways; in a more general sense, nanobiotechnology can be defined as any type of technology that uses both nano-scale materials, i.e. materials having characteristic dimensions of 1-100 nanometers, as well as biologically based materials....

"as well as biologically based materials...."

(biological...
Of, relating to, caused by, or affecting life or living organisms...)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, moron, a cult, has a LEADER, a dogma, a set of RITULAS based in religion...a central tenet which that LEADER demands be followed(like Moses, Jesus, MOhammed..all Abrahamic CULTS)...science, has no leader, no rituals, nothing that DEMANDS obedience to this cult, etc, etc...though 1000s of religious cultists are proud, productive scientists...don't try to expand or redefine a word to shoehorn your crap into...WE AREN'T cult followers, fool...much to your chagrin...science is a cult like invisible is a color...watching yet another FUNDIOT go down in flames is just too boring at this point....why not try the CREATION SCIENCE stuff..at least you'll have some info that can be discussed...then summarily smote...LOL
Science even has mythology...as well as cults...Star trek is just one example of science mythology.

a horse by any other name ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Definition of CULT
: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

adherents plural of adherent
Noun
Someone who supports a particular party, person, or set of ideas.
Synonyms
followers
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All the evidence that supports evolution and you having no evidence to support your god.
Their God is real to them. Its just not the God they worship and were taught to believe was real. Its many Gods from the cosmos. They descended from the heavens(in human form, able to copy human image and make humans perceive it as real and human) and the primitive human animal wrote a book that totally warped the truth. A book that the masses would accept as real and true. Because the truth would only make life seem unreal......even today its not something humans accept as possible. Yet, a guy walked on water, ascended, descended, split the sea, turned water into wine, a guy build a big boat and packed it with animals, a guy built wings and the wings melted, they stoned, beat, stabbed and nailed a guy to a cross topped with a crown of thorns.......WOW! Imagination running wild. It better than the truth......it scary!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Science is a set of ideas...and it has adherents to these set of ideas.

So by definition it's a cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,681 - 68,700 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••