Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,432)

Showing posts 68,621 - 68,640 of111,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible. See I also know how Satan works.
Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.
So everything is a giant conspiracy to you just to make you look like a fool?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debunking:
noun
1: what one does when they roll over and see KK in the bunk with them."
You didn't like this?
I thought it was amusing. About the only thing of interest that you may have ever written. It still doesn't change the fact that you are one of those dishonest naysayers that likes to redifine a term to a point where you can get out of bed with the KK so to speak. Anyone can do it. It isn't a triumphant achievement of intellecutal prowess. Very much the opposite.

So far, I have been as unimpressed with you as I have with KOB, MattedHair, FreeService, marksmonkey, Shoo Bee and that weirdo the underwear whisperer. And lest I forget "god himself-absorbed."

According to you all God did it. Science is bad or at least the parts you don't like. Every word of the Bible is true even the contradictory parts, the errors, and the completely abstract. Apparently when God dictated it, he made sure to leave out a whole bunch of stuff that you are now left to backfill with conjecture that you magically claim as fact. Why God probably air conditioned the Ark and automated the animal management system. All that energy released by 40 days of rain capable of inundating the whole planet was just magically whisped away by the breath of the Lord. The scribes just fell asleep during that part and it didn't get included along with dinosaurs, the real age of the earth, and the answers to all that nasty science you hate. I am glad they included the part with the talking snake trying to seduce the naked woman. It has my freudian side all atingle.

Now you and the rest of your ilk come on here with unsupported claims that require a back-breaking suspension of disbelief in order to accept it. It is all very amusing.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible. See I also know how Satan works.
Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.
I was raised that Satan works through people like you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler believed the Germans were the master what,builders ,no , thinkers, no,fishermen no...oh yeah the master race! Maybe you've heard of that.
You mean the Hitler who said :[quote] "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."[/quote]

Or the Hitler who said:[quote]I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.[/quote]

- Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

Hitler was definitely not an atheist, nor did he believe the theory of evolution. Darwin's and related works were on the burn list.

Since theistically he was more on your side than the atheist side I would be careful about trying to use Hitler as a weapon against evolution.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Afterall the lord of liars would come dripping honey and promising much if you only you don't ask any questions and ignore the things that don't fit any facts.

I'd say that sounds about right.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Hitler who said :[quote] "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."[/quote]
Or the Hitler who said:[quote]I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.[/quote]
Hitler was definitely not an atheist, nor did he believe the theory of evolution. Darwin's and related works were on the burn list.
Since theistically he was more on your side than the atheist side I would be careful about trying to use Hitler as a weapon against evolution.
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
You idiot, you don't ask the enemy of a man what he believed. Of course he is going to deny that Hitler was a Christian. Yes, Hitler was a racist. Did he believe the theory of evolution? No. I can find many quotes of Hitler's where he is either claiming belief in God or supporting churches. He hated atheists and evolutionists.

Hey!!! That is just like you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?
No, not at his just his word. He duplicated the works of earlier Christians. Haven't you heard of the Spanish Inquisition? Jews were one of the number one targets of that episode of history.

HItler is just like you, he wanted to destroy people who did not believe the same that he did.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
Yeah. Silly Russians and English taking a Christian at his word.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Blowhard looks like the perfect Republican. Sadly they seem to have decided to stop going after intelligent people and now seem to be trying to recruit idiots.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let me know Chuck, I can post them all over again any time you like. You WILL ignore them and NOT address them. You never have.
It's been this way since the entire thread started.(shrug)
You mean your baseless assertions?
Go on!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why of course it must! Everything must be JUST like your religious beliefs!
(except not as good of course)
Yeesh, your ego is edging on Shoobie scale, and he effectively thinks he's Jesus.
Instead of criticisms, do your research.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
In which case my skepticism is exactly what He wants. Don't fight it.
Do you know what will happen to you in the next 3 hours?
Our lives is in the very hands of God. Know that, Mr. Sceptic.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, particle/anti-particle pairs sprang up on their own. This has been scientifically observed. It's what that whole CERN thing is all about. Pretty elaborate (and expensive) "lie", ain't it? Boy I tell ya, that evil worldwide atheist Darwinist conspiracy will stop at nothing!!!
Don't see why it's such a big deal for fundies, since their idea of God itself is also an uncaused cause. You should be welcoming it with open arms, but instead you act like it's the anti-Christ.(shrug)
You have no evidence or there are no scientific evidence that will truly tell us of how the universe came about or into existence.
Faith based evidence stands out.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a dodge. There is simply no evidence for any preceding events. I cannot provide you with a negative.
You on the other hand are making a POSITIVE claim. Therefore you can describe the scientific mechanisms that "God" used to cause said phenomena and the scientific evidence for them.
I imagine you will find this twice as difficult as usual, since you don't even have a clue what the heck I'm talking about anyway.(shrug)
The heck is that, you are a liar!
Simple.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
People who simply disagree with the Almighty Chuck don't have to be liars.
But you're like, welcome to your opinion, man.
Likewise.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, however, there isn't a single archaeological discovery that disproves the Bible in any way."

http://carm.org/can-we-trust-new-testament-hi...
Sorry Langoliers, but archaeology and archaeology in conjunction with some of the other ‘earth’ sciences have disproven a number of the Biblical myths.

For over a hundred years archaeology has been looking for evidence of a million+ Hebrews walking the Sinai desert for 40 years and have been unable to find ANY evidence at all for this event. So you could say that this is an event that lack of evidence disproves the story.

Geology primarily, but with much input from archaeology has never found any evidence for a world-wide flood. Archaeology's input in this is that it can prove that the WHOLE earth (minus Antarctica) was inhabited both before and after the supposed flood with no change in population or culture.

Archaeology, paleoanthropology, and DNA prove that we humans did evolve from the earlier ‘Homo’ species, and how long ago, pretty much destroying the Adam and Eve myth.

Archaeology along with other ‘earth’ sciences has proven that mankind has been around 200,000 +- years, as well as proving that other pre-humans were making tools and fire many hundreds of thousands of years ago…totally destroying the notion that the earth and humans are 6,000 +- years old.

Archaeology has disproven the Biblical story of Joshua and walls of Jericho. It has proven that Jericho’s walls and those of the other conquests (except for one) written about in the Bible, were already down, or were downed at a different date, or never down at all.

The Bible tells the story of Abraham and says he came from Ur of the Chaldea’s somewhere around 2,000 BC….However archaeology proves that the Chaldean's did not control Ur until about 500-600 BC thereby giving us the clue that ‘Moses’ did NOT write the Pentateuch. Archaeology also disproved the story of Abraham rescuing Lot from the city of Dan because its name wasn't ‘Dan’ until 300 years later. Further proof that the Abraham story was written later thereby excluding Moses as the author.

Don’t say that archaeology can’t disprove the Bible….it already HAS in the very foundational stories of the religion

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
I have also seen a program on PBS on this find. So there is a DVD on it.
"Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ."
"In addition to the archeological evidence for King David, we now have confirmation of other kings of Israel. The name of Omri, king of Israel, is recorded on an inscription known as the Stela of King Mesha of Moab. In addition, Omri's name appears on the rock inscriptions of three kings of Assyria, the annals of both Tiglath-Pileser III and Sargon II, and the Black Obelisk of King Shalmaneser III, who wrote, "I conquered ... all of the Land of Omri (Israel)." Other Assyrian inscriptions found in Nineveh confirm the Bible's records about these kings of Israel: Ahab, Jehu, Joash, Menehem, Pekah, and Hoshea. In addition, the names of many of the kings of the southern kingdom of Judah are also recorded on inscriptions of the nations that fought against the Jews. The inscriptions found by archeologists also confirm the names of these kings of Judah: Ahaziah, Uzziah, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, and Jehoiachin. Scholars found ration records of the army of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (606 to 562 B.C.) that state, "ten sila of oil to Jehoiachin, king of Judah...." Obviously, the fact that these foreign nations listed the kings of Israel and Judah provides the strongest evidence confirming the accuracy of the Word of God.
Historicity of other Biblical Personalities
One of the most interesting discoveries in recent years was the finding of two bull', or clay seals, that bear the impression of the actual seal used by Baruch, the scribe of Jeremiah the prophet who transcribed the Book of Jeremiah. Both bull' bear the inscription, "Belonging to Berekhyahu, son of Neriyahu, the Scribe." One of these clay seals is on view in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. However, the second bull' was found in Jerusalem earlier in this century and purchased by collector Shlomo Moussaieff of London who owns the greatest private collection of ancient Jewish inscriptions in the world. This second clay seal, bearing the same inscription, also reveals a fingerprint that probably belonged to Baruch."
Quite educative. God bless!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem
http://www.seeking4truth.com/historical_accur...
I have also seen a program on PBS on this find. So there is a DVD on it.
"Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ."

etc.
You miss the point.

We would expect the chronicles of the Bible to increasingly conform to historical evidence, the more recent the records, especially in the era when events could be recorded as they happened. Myth blending into legend blending into history.

Before the era of writing and allegedly written down in the time of Moses, the myths of Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, the Tower of Babel, Methuselah etc, all have absolutely no physical evidence and the pure flavour of creation myth.

Claiming that the real existence of say Babylon proves the earlier claims of the Bible is as silly as claiming that the real existence of Troy proves Homer's contention that Achilles was the son of the river goddess Thetis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,621 - 68,640 of111,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••