Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,561 - 68,580 of 115,252 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#72922 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Do you deny what I presented?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#72923 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers, the fact that some of the Bible is correct does not mean that all of the Bible is correct. For example there probably was a King David. Maybe even a Solomon, but that is about as far back as the Bible goes with any accuracy. After that it is all tall tales and fables. If you notice as a rule the tales get less tall the more recent the Bible is, in the Old Testament at least.

Now the New Testament breaks out a whole new series of miracles, and yet there are no records of any of the people of that time that saw those miracles, other than from Christian sources. We know that they were still a small minority when Jesus was crucified. Why didn't any nonbelievers write about the weird things they saw?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72924 Jan 28, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Do you deny what I presented?
Not at all.

Location hidden

#72925 Jan 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Langoliers, the fact that some of the Bible is correct does not mean that all of the Bible is correct. For example there probably was a King David. Maybe even a Solomon, but that is about as far back as the Bible goes with any accuracy. After that it is all tall tales and fables. If you notice as a rule the tales get less tall the more recent the Bible is, in the Old Testament at least.

Now the New Testament breaks out a whole new series of miracles, and yet there are no records of any of the people of that time that saw those miracles, other than from Christian sources. We know that they were still a small minority when Jesus was crucified. Why didn't any nonbelievers write about the weird things they saw?
Maybe they did. You know how pens and papers were back then. They might not have used page protectors.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72926 Jan 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Artificial selection. Selective breeding. Perhaps you've heard of it.
Hitler believed the Germans were the master what,builders ,no , thinkers, no,fishermen no...oh yeah the master race! Maybe you've heard of that.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72927 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He's heard of it, he just didn't understand it the first few hundred times.
Here monkey , here monkey, take the penicilin.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#72928 Jan 28, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Cybele. Our encounter was on a level of pure amazement. Was it God/Angels in that craft? Was it the Govt? Was it infact Aliens or a probe with the Mother ship close by? Don't know. We have discussed many options that lead to the same conclusion........Humans will never know and don't want to know. Labeled nuts, wackjobs, on numerous substances, hallucinating, dreaming, swamp gas.....on and on. It has changed our outlook on life. Knowing that someone or something can have such control over the human body is terrifying at all levels.
You have got to get help.

Location hidden

#72929 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Your claim is that archaeological sites support the Bible, and the Egyptians outnumber you in that regard. By a mile. 40 cities, 116 pyramids, numerous temples and burial sites both royal and civilian...

Langoliers wrote, "It's only been written in the Bible for over 1600 years. It's called validation of the Bible in case your interested. "

And obviously you never heard of Higher Criticism, whereby Christian scholars critiqued the Bible during the 16th & 17th centuries to see how much of it matched up with known history. They found that some did, some didn't, and the rest couldn't be verified. Especially the magic bits.

But all of this is superfluous to the fact that all the archaeology in the world is not evidence of invisible Jewmagic.
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible. See I also know how Satan works.

Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72930 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not seem to understand that I don't need someone to tell me what I believe. I believe the Bible as I read it.
Makes no difference what you think you have against the Bible. See I also know how Satan works.
Gods word is like sowing seeds, some sprout and gets choked out by weeds some lands on rocks and never takes root while some lands in fertile land and produces a bumper crop.
So everything is a giant conspiracy to you just to make you look like a fool?

Level 9

Threats pending

#72931 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debunking:
noun
1: what one does when they roll over and see KK in the bunk with them."
You didn't like this?
I thought it was amusing. About the only thing of interest that you may have ever written. It still doesn't change the fact that you are one of those dishonest naysayers that likes to redifine a term to a point where you can get out of bed with the KK so to speak. Anyone can do it. It isn't a triumphant achievement of intellecutal prowess. Very much the opposite.

So far, I have been as unimpressed with you as I have with KOB, MattedHair, FreeService, marksmonkey, Shoo Bee and that weirdo the underwear whisperer. And lest I forget "god himself-absorbed."

According to you all God did it. Science is bad or at least the parts you don't like. Every word of the Bible is true even the contradictory parts, the errors, and the completely abstract. Apparently when God dictated it, he made sure to leave out a whole bunch of stuff that you are now left to backfill with conjecture that you magically claim as fact. Why God probably air conditioned the Ark and automated the animal management system. All that energy released by 40 days of rain capable of inundating the whole planet was just magically whisped away by the breath of the Lord. The scribes just fell asleep during that part and it didn't get included along with dinosaurs, the real age of the earth, and the answers to all that nasty science you hate. I am glad they included the part with the talking snake trying to seduce the naked woman. It has my freudian side all atingle.

Now you and the rest of your ilk come on here with unsupported claims that require a back-breaking suspension of disbelief in order to accept it. It is all very amusing.

Level 9

Threats pending

#72932 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised that Satan works through people like you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#72933 Jan 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler believed the Germans were the master what,builders ,no , thinkers, no,fishermen no...oh yeah the master race! Maybe you've heard of that.
You mean the Hitler who said :[quote] "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."[/quote]

Or the Hitler who said:[quote]I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.[/quote]

- Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

Hitler was definitely not an atheist, nor did he believe the theory of evolution. Darwin's and related works were on the burn list.

Since theistically he was more on your side than the atheist side I would be careful about trying to use Hitler as a weapon against evolution.

Level 9

Threats pending

#72934 Jan 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Afterall the lord of liars would come dripping honey and promising much if you only you don't ask any questions and ignore the things that don't fit any facts.

I'd say that sounds about right.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72935 Jan 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Hitler who said :[quote] "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."[/quote]
Or the Hitler who said:[quote]I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.[/quote]
Hitler was definitely not an atheist, nor did he believe the theory of evolution. Darwin's and related works were on the burn list.
Since theistically he was more on your side than the atheist side I would be careful about trying to use Hitler as a weapon against evolution.
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72936 Jan 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#72937 Jan 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well true to form you don't know what the hell your talking about .Hitler even had a list of where the races were on the scale.Number one were the Aryans, 2. were the nordic type peoples, whites in general , then the asians with, followed by colors,blacks then jews.Hitler didn't give a shit about the church or christians,ask Dietrich Bonhoffer.
You idiot, you don't ask the enemy of a man what he believed. Of course he is going to deny that Hitler was a Christian. Yes, Hitler was a racist. Did he believe the theory of evolution? No. I can find many quotes of Hitler's where he is either claiming belief in God or supporting churches. He hated atheists and evolutionists.

Hey!!! That is just like you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#72938 Jan 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord your a dumbass, taking Hitler at his word, Ha,Ha,Ha. Didn't the Russians and the English do that?
No, not at his just his word. He duplicated the works of earlier Christians. Haven't you heard of the Spanish Inquisition? Jews were one of the number one targets of that episode of history.

HItler is just like you, he wanted to destroy people who did not believe the same that he did.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#72939 Jan 28, 2013
bohart wrote:
Yeah. Silly Russians and English taking a Christian at his word.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#72940 Jan 28, 2013
Blowhard looks like the perfect Republican. Sadly they seem to have decided to stop going after intelligent people and now seem to be trying to recruit idiots.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72941 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let me know Chuck, I can post them all over again any time you like. You WILL ignore them and NOT address them. You never have.
It's been this way since the entire thread started.(shrug)
You mean your baseless assertions?
Go on!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 145,320
Think you know who everyone is? (Feb '13) 26 min wichita-rick 457
What's your tip for the day? 53 min reebie 817
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Trouser Cough 29,157
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 54,415
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 40,151
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 1,843
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Sublime1 18,605
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981