Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72840 Jan 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. started all this border dispute crap. Blame them if you need to place blame for the ongoing conflict there.
I'm pretty sure if I just showed up where my ancestors used to live a few hundred years before and claimed it as my own I wouldn't be blaming the UN for my problems, maybe I should take the apartment next door by force as a buffer zone in case the peopledown the hall get uppity some time......
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72841 Jan 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"p 1,"? Do you mean page one of this thread? That was two and a half years ago. And I just went back and could not see any references to Exodus there.
Plus keep in mind that the fake "Prof"-X who started the thread off is a confirmed liar for Jesus who couldn't even get through one sentence without lying.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72842 Jan 28, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So If I go wandering around Ohio, passing my peeps in the street and saying "How's it hanging, dude?", what are my odds for being remembered for two thousand years and having people do awful things in my name?
Slim. But then we do know that people invented other religions. And they also may have been based or partially based on people who existed. It doesn't matter whether the person was very charismatic and important or just some crazy street-preacher nobody. Or a literal nobody, as in total fiction. All someone needs is a valid political reason for an agenda to invent a religion. For the Christians, it was the Romans. For L. Ron Hubbard, it was to be respected and make money.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72843 Jan 28, 2013
EsoTeRiCxx827 wrote:
You cannot argue that because organisms exist seemingly unchanged for millions of years that therefore NOTHING else evolves.
Especially since that the fossils creationists claim to have "never changed" have in fact changed over time. Which is why the coelecanth (one of their favourites) of today is not the same species as millions of years ago. If nothing radical happens in their environment there may be little selection pressure to cause change.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72845 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Is it true that no other possibilities have been proposed?
Yes. Since you uh, haven't provided any yet.(shrug)
God Himself wrote:
As it relates to evidence, the idea that God existed originated from man's experience of nature; so I fail to see how you can conclude that there is no evidence for God when nature is in itself the evidence for God.
Then if, metaphorically speaking, you wish to refer to nature as "God" then fair play to ya. However nature is only evidence of nature. It's not evidence of an invisible Jew wizard that exists beyond spacetime as we know it.
God Himself wrote:
If you ask me HOW orthologous ERV evented, I would refer to scientific knowledge.
If you asked me WHAT made orthologous ERV possible, I would say Goddidit.
You cant do much better than that either.
Actually I can. It's called common ancestry. "Goddidit" is not an explanation. It gives us a WHO, not a HOW. And does so without evidence. It doesn't actually explain anything.
God Himself wrote:
Abundant in the natural world.
Baseless.
God Himself wrote:
Yours arent much better.
Religious opinions I've offered I also pointed out were only opinions. Not the case when I talk science.
God Himself wrote:
Thats all you will be able to do, essentially.
If you say so.
God Himself wrote:
Not really.
Even in the presence of scientific evidence that an agent is responsible for an event; the agent is still superfluous to the study of the event.
The agent is superfluous, regardless of evidence of its existence.
I MIGHT agree with you here, except for the fact the agent IS relevant when you SPECIFICALLY claim it exists. And you have.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72846 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I tend to do that sometimes.
If you noticed, I have even posted as "The Pencil Dick" every now and again.
I do those things for the sake of trolls, who for some reason think that calling religious people names should have some efficacy in refuting an argument.
I do that to show them that name calling is futile, I can do it to myself and feel no pain.
Same if people call me names, they can do it all day long. The only time I take issue is if their name implies consequences other than pure insult, such as "atheist" or "liar". It's not that they offend me, but that it's yet another error I will correct them on, same as anything else.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#72847 Jan 28, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure if I just showed up where my ancestors used to live a few hundred years before and claimed it as my own I wouldn't be blaming the UN for my problems, maybe I should take the apartment next door by force as a buffer zone in case the peopledown the hall get uppity some time......
The U.N. gave the land to the Jews after WW2, you moron.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72848 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I agree.
Now tell me; where is the evidence for "dark matter" that meets the criteria you have provided here?
In calculations applied to astronomical phenomena. Under plain Einsteinian rules of relativity we find that certain astronomical bodies are not where they should be. Cosmologists developed the theory of dark matter, which then makes predictions based on data, much like Newtonian rules of gravitation will make predictions of where a cannonball will land if shot at a certain angle and power. Using those calculations scientists can predict where an astronomical body will be, then confirm it via measurable observations. It is in this way dark matter can be detected, even though we don't know what it is exactly.

In science circles it is no longer considered a hypothesis but a scientific theory. It IS still possible that the theory is incorrect, but in science we go with what works best. And so far no-one has been able to provide a better alternative capable of doing the job better. One example has been tried called Modified Gravity, but it simply didn't work. So until a better theory comes along they stick with dark matter.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72849 Jan 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False research...
Why of course it is. Nothing must DARE disagree with your oh so important religious opinions!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#72850 Jan 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>I would be scared if I'm confronted by an alien. It's bad enough that I had a dream about them. lol. We are not products of just one God. I believe there are beings from different dimensions whether they take the form of spirits, angels, or aliens. They're all at work here.
What do you think about this?

http://xfacts.com/xnews/index.html

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#72851 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Slim. But then we do know that people invented other religions. And they also may have been based or partially based on people who existed. It doesn't matter whether the person was very charismatic and important or just some crazy street-preacher nobody. Or a literal nobody, as in total fiction. All someone needs is a valid political reason for an agenda to invent a religion. For the Christians, it was the Romans. For L. Ron Hubbard, it was to be respected and make money.
Have you ever considered "dude-anetics" and living on a boat for a few years to avoid taxes?? Where are the future Travoltas and Cruises going to turn to without your help???????

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72852 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that must be why no-one even mentioned Jesus until over 4 decades after his alleged death at the earliest. That's why Josephus never claimed Jesus existed and was only writing about the emerging Christian cult at the time, and his writings were later changed (writing style indicates probably Eusegus) to be more pro-Christian. Chucky on this thread tried the Pliny route, claiming Pliny the Elder actually met him. This was despite the fact that Pliny didn't even mention it and it was actually Pliny the Younger, who didn't actually meet Jesus, wrote about his Elder and claimed he met Him. In the meantime Jesus was running all over the Middle East performing magic tricks for everyone, and no-one bothered to even write it down for eight decades or so. Not even the Romans who were quite meticulous for keeping manuscripts, and amazingly they did not become Christian until a couple of centuries later.
Jesus may or may not have existed. Jesus may or may not have been magic. So far I'm willing to accept that a preacher guy called Jesus went around saying "Peace, man!"
Liar!
You can not challenge Socci's post.
Read through what i said about Pliny the elder and the younger.

Location hidden

#72853 Jan 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know Jack, he's a pretty good guy. We like to go fishing together.

I know quite a bit about the Bible too.
So you do know Jack. He lies about the one big one that got away.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72854 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a professional fundie. Nothing more.
Likewise.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#72855 Jan 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. gave the land to the Jews after WW2, you moron.
and wasn't it nice of them to not consult the actual people living there????Don't remember the un giving you the sinai penninsula or the golan heights but hey, anyone who isn't rah rah religious homelands is a moron right??
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72856 Jan 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Anybody who doubt this is utterly ignorant. I don't give a hoot about your scientific method. Why? Because the method is bounded. It does not transcend anything outside of science. And because of that you guys will continue to have limited knowledge of everything about life. You can put a smirk on your face and learn everything about evolution so that you can pretend to be smart and ridicule God believers while I continue to hone my skills and enjoy the game in this dimension which you have no access to other than the Internet.
Sorry if that upset you, but if it's beyond the boundaries of science then it's indistinguishable from bullshite. Your emotional response only tells me that you know you're not capable of backing up your claim. I'm not saying it's definitely false, it could quite well be possible there are untapped abilities of our brains we have not discovered yet. But keep in mind that scientific research HAS been done on claims such as yours (even the US military tried it just to gain any advantage they could over the Nazis and Commies back in the day). And the closest valid thing it's ever came to is this:

http://cdn.toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads...

And so far all conclusions have (predictably) been the same: inconclusive.

You also don't experience the rest of the evolution forum. I do not stick to this thread. And if you knew this you would also be aware that I am not mocking God-believers. Fundies? Yes. Theists? No. Hence why I've NEVER argued for a POSITIVE case FOR atheism. And there are also other theist posters who post in our forum who are theists, deists, atheists, and agnostics. They don't earn my ire not because of any adherence to non-theism, but because they aren't promoters of pseudo-science.
Cybele wrote:
You're lucky I'm even here. Because none of you will matter if it wasn't for me. So I suggest you take this seriously or else...see ya! I have better things to do! LOL.
Don't worry, I'm lucky there's plenty of fundies about.

;-p
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72858 Jan 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Here he goes again with his baseless assertions.
Just let me know Chuck, I can post them all over again any time you like. You WILL ignore them and NOT address them. You never have.

It's been this way since the entire thread started.(shrug)

Location hidden

#72859 Jan 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>Even Jesus is not archaeologically verified!

Is David? No.
Solomon? No.
Saul? No.
Moses?
Joseph?

Even archaeeological evidence of places is not proof of the existence of these characters.

Some of them, or something like some of them, probably lived.

And when we go back further in time...through Moses, and then back to the mythical pre-Israelite times of supposed Abraham, Noah, or Methuselah, or Adam... then its pure myth as far as any relation to archaeological facts or fact of ANY kind can be gleaned. Its about as reliable as the Iliad of Homer.

According to you, the fact that Troy was found to exist proves that Achilles really was the son of the river goddess Thetis.
Wrong.

Better reread your history.

Is David? No.

"Historicity of numerous kings mentioned in the Bible

Only fifty years ago many disbelieving scholars totally rejected the historical accuracy of the Bible because they claimed that the Scriptures talked about numerous kings and individuals that could not be confirmed from any other historical or archeological records. Recent discoveries have proven these critics wrong. Discoveries have been found referring to King David, Solomon, Uzziah, Hezekiah and many others.

Recent archeological investigations have demolished the position of those who rejected the biblical account of Israel's kings such as King David. In 1993, archeologists digging at Tel Dan in the Galilee in northern Israel found a fragment of a stone inscription that clearly refers to the "house of David" and identifies David as the "king of Israel." This is the first inscription outside the Bible that confirms the Bible's statement that David was the king of Israel in the ninth century before Christ.

A stone inscription from Egypt confirms that Israel was established as a nation in Canaan centuries before the reign of King David, just as the Bible claims. The Merneptah Stela is a seven-and-a-half-foot-high stone inscription discovered in the temple of Pharaoh Merneptah at Thebes in Egypt. Scholars determined that Pharaoh Merneptah ruled Egypt from 1213 to 1203 B.C. and confirmed that he launched an invasion into the area of the modern-day West Bank in Canaan, defeating the Jewish inhabitants of the land. The second line from the bottom of this inscriptions boasts, "Israel is laid waste; his seed is not."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72860 Jan 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Shit!
Anything that has to do with spirituality, must always go with worship. Find out!
Why of course it must! Everything must be JUST like your religious beliefs!

(except not as good of course)

Yeesh, your ego is edging on Shoobie scale, and he effectively thinks he's Jesus.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#72861 Jan 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. gave the land to the Jews after WW2, you moron.
it wasn't the un's to dispose of btw........and the brits were fed up..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 4 min SLY WEST 837
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 27 min Grace Nerissa 43
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 29 min SLY WEST 2,662
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min Grace Nerissa 36,601
Can you prove Santa isn't in the KFC chicken? 42 min SLY WEST 4
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 44 min Grace Nerissa 24,257
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 147,642
I Like..... (Mar '14) 3 hr SLY WEST 376
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 6,370