Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,481 - 68,500 of 114,560 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Hence you have no clue either. You can only pretend to know otherwise, just like all the fundie Muslims, Sikhs, Jews and Hindus.
As long as we are all humans, we are like pencils in the hands of the creator.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Only people and places, it's easy to write about something after it happens and include it myths, most myths contain real places, people, and even events, they're still myths. By your logic, Spiderman exists.
Go through the sites presented by Socci and shut up forever.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer the question. You just didn't understand it.
Not that I'd expect you to understand quantum science when you can't even understand even basic scientific concepts.
<quoted text>
The specifics are not known yet. But you only assume a "who" is necessary. Since no "who" is necessary to make waves form in water it may be that the same applies to abiogenesis.
Clueless!
So, you are saying they just sprang up on their own?
This is one of the lies of the 21st century that have hitted the Guinness record.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So If I go wandering around Ohio, passing my peeps in the street and saying "How's it hanging, dude?", what are my odds for being remembered for two thousand years and having people do awful things in my name?
A good publicist for one thing, no one denies that Jesus had a good pr department, history shows that prophets were a dime a dozen in those days...but pr only takes you so far..........ask the latest you tube sensation...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no preceding events to quantum phenomena. Sorry.
Dodge!
Mr. Dodgie. Lol

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>As long as we are all humans, we are like pencils in the hands of the creator.
Only as long as you plan on being a slave to dubious historical character in a piece of fiction chucky..........

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can human design, create or invent anything without the brain( God's handiwork)?
I guess god was too busy throwing the non-believers into hell, subjugating women, killing egyptian first born males, and generally,making a mess of everything to get around to the sanitation we take for granted???

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

EsoTeRiCxx827 wrote:
Thank you for posting this! I was really beginning to think that everyone on here was insane when reading the first few posts from the same people back and forth.
CLEARLY Darwin himself was not a racist and a very compassionate and forward thinking man for his time. As you said, it is not his fault nor the fault of the well intentioned, and well informed scientist's if racists misconstrue evolution to fit their repulsive and foolish agenda.
I would like to hear the argument as to how Creationism is a fact. What do you people mean by junk science? There is so much factual evidence proving the existence of evolution!! Take the fossils for example that have been found approx 2 million to 1.8 million years ago in Africa. Scientist's have found many fossils which prove that humans slowly evolved over millions of years from an ape-like ancestor. Not to mention the similarity in DNA composition.
To the person who denounced the validity of evolution due to a single organism not changing over millions of years...I don't even know how you thought that was relevant. You cannot argue that because organisms exist seemingly unchanged for millions of years that therefore NOTHING else evolves. If you understood the reason for evolution than you wouldn't have even made that argument.
Species evolve to better adapt and survive in their environment.(I.E. A species of birds existed on an island. Some of the birds had longer beaks which allowed them to eat more bugs. These birds were healthier and more well fed, and well adapter due to this genetic difference. Therefore the other birds died out and the longer beaked birds continued to mate and produce more until the species as a whole all had long beaks). If an organism is already perfectly equipped for its environment than why would evolution take place? Perhaps it did on a smaller level? But that has absolutely nothing to do with human evolution. You cannot discount all of the evidence staring you in the face. It is not some conspiracy as you seem to think.
Last, I just want to say that there is no reason you have to forfeit your religious beliefs due to scientific proof of evolution. The Bible is a collection of stories, plain and simple. Some based in truth, others as descriptive and imaginative stories. This is purely my opinion, but throughout time many people have altered the bible and completely removed entire sections of it dealing with Jesus's wife ( Mary Magdalene) and his mother ( Mary) because it was assumed this would make Jesus look weak and too human like if it was known that he traveled and spread the word of God with them. Mary Magdalene was referred to as a PROSTITUTE until the 1960's or 70's! I mean come on, you can't take everything written there LITERALLY. You can still believe that there is a higher power, but also believe that organisms and life on earth evolved through scientific process.
That's rather nicely put.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is genetic proof that characters from the Old Testament did actually exist.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Ar...
Jews are obsessive about tracing genetic history, genealogy. They are determined to be able to accurately identify their prophesied Messiah.
not quite so obsessive about researching palestinian land claims though..........

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>not quite so obsessive about researching palestinian land claims though..........
The U.N. started all this border dispute crap. Blame them if you need to place blame for the ongoing conflict there.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>Who says aliens don't exist? I believe they have manipulated us here on this planet. We're not all products of just one handyman. lol
I don't! There could be more life out there nothing in the Bible refutes this.

However something finding us before we were transmitting anything is pretty tough odds. Lots of rocks out there.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dodge!
Mr. Dodgie. Lol
Mr. Dodgie was one of my fave britcoms ever!!!!!!

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. started all this border dispute crap. Blame them if you need to place blame for the ongoing conflict there.
Israel uber alles...I get it.........blame,blame,blame, but never let truth get in the way of a good colonization..........

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. started all this border dispute crap. Blame them if you need to place blame for the ongoing conflict there.
I'm pretty sure if I just showed up where my ancestors used to live a few hundred years before and claimed it as my own I wouldn't be blaming the UN for my problems, maybe I should take the apartment next door by force as a buffer zone in case the peopledown the hall get uppity some time......
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
"p 1,"? Do you mean page one of this thread? That was two and a half years ago. And I just went back and could not see any references to Exodus there.
Plus keep in mind that the fake "Prof"-X who started the thread off is a confirmed liar for Jesus who couldn't even get through one sentence without lying.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So If I go wandering around Ohio, passing my peeps in the street and saying "How's it hanging, dude?", what are my odds for being remembered for two thousand years and having people do awful things in my name?
Slim. But then we do know that people invented other religions. And they also may have been based or partially based on people who existed. It doesn't matter whether the person was very charismatic and important or just some crazy street-preacher nobody. Or a literal nobody, as in total fiction. All someone needs is a valid political reason for an agenda to invent a religion. For the Christians, it was the Romans. For L. Ron Hubbard, it was to be respected and make money.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

EsoTeRiCxx827 wrote:
You cannot argue that because organisms exist seemingly unchanged for millions of years that therefore NOTHING else evolves.
Especially since that the fossils creationists claim to have "never changed" have in fact changed over time. Which is why the coelecanth (one of their favourites) of today is not the same species as millions of years ago. If nothing radical happens in their environment there may be little selection pressure to cause change.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
Is it true that no other possibilities have been proposed?
Yes. Since you uh, haven't provided any yet.(shrug)
God Himself wrote:
As it relates to evidence, the idea that God existed originated from man's experience of nature; so I fail to see how you can conclude that there is no evidence for God when nature is in itself the evidence for God.
Then if, metaphorically speaking, you wish to refer to nature as "God" then fair play to ya. However nature is only evidence of nature. It's not evidence of an invisible Jew wizard that exists beyond spacetime as we know it.
God Himself wrote:
If you ask me HOW orthologous ERV evented, I would refer to scientific knowledge.
If you asked me WHAT made orthologous ERV possible, I would say Goddidit.
You cant do much better than that either.
Actually I can. It's called common ancestry. "Goddidit" is not an explanation. It gives us a WHO, not a HOW. And does so without evidence. It doesn't actually explain anything.
God Himself wrote:
Abundant in the natural world.
Baseless.
God Himself wrote:
Yours arent much better.
Religious opinions I've offered I also pointed out were only opinions. Not the case when I talk science.
God Himself wrote:
Thats all you will be able to do, essentially.
If you say so.
God Himself wrote:
Not really.
Even in the presence of scientific evidence that an agent is responsible for an event; the agent is still superfluous to the study of the event.
The agent is superfluous, regardless of evidence of its existence.
I MIGHT agree with you here, except for the fact the agent IS relevant when you SPECIFICALLY claim it exists. And you have.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I tend to do that sometimes.
If you noticed, I have even posted as "The Pencil Dick" every now and again.
I do those things for the sake of trolls, who for some reason think that calling religious people names should have some efficacy in refuting an argument.
I do that to show them that name calling is futile, I can do it to myself and feel no pain.
Same if people call me names, they can do it all day long. The only time I take issue is if their name implies consequences other than pure insult, such as "atheist" or "liar". It's not that they offend me, but that it's yet another error I will correct them on, same as anything else.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure if I just showed up where my ancestors used to live a few hundred years before and claimed it as my own I wouldn't be blaming the UN for my problems, maybe I should take the apartment next door by force as a buffer zone in case the peopledown the hall get uppity some time......
The U.N. gave the land to the Jews after WW2, you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••