Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
68,121 - 68,140 of 115,222 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72470 Jan 27, 2013
Nothing can evolve on its own without a maker or creator.
No grammar or language can ever change that fact...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72471 Jan 27, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>God created all matter that has movement and time is just a manmade idea of measuring things that move.
I made that point before...Time is a man made construct to measure change.It only exists as a concept...but not in nature.

Location hidden

#72472 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an ideology, as I do not ascribe to any belief system at all. Why do you assume everyone has one? Why do you project your state of existence onto everyone else? Why do you presuppose that everyone is as ignorant as you are?
All thinking people have ideologies...fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72473 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Evidence of this assertion please.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#72474 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
please present your evidence for that statement.

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#72475 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God is one every where. The Hebrews discovered him first. Other beliefs or faiths worship him through deities, gods or goddesses. God is supreme.
did god sing back up with Diana Ross???

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72476 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
All thinking people have ideologies...fact.
Evidence of your assertion please.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#72477 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Where is your evidence that humans evolved without a creator or maker?
You waste your time arguing with that one. She (at least I think it's a she) is totally intolerant of opinions different from her own. There are many intelligent people with differing views on creation vs. evolution and there are some very convincing sounding arguments from both sides. I personally hold to creationism, but I do respect the rights of others to disagree.
alan

Kansas City, MO

#72478 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Again, who or what created GOD? Mom and Dad Gods? Just because you are born into life and being taught about the Bible story does not mean its real. Humans have been telling stories for thousands of years...Now that we know that there are probably an infinite number of earth like planets out in space its time ti realize that the Holy Ghost is really an Alien Ghost and not some 2000+ year old story. Humans will never understand. To accept that humans are a product of an advanced intelligent race of interstellar travelers is like telling an ant that it will be Elvis someday!

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#72479 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the question.The question was...
Do you consider yourself an intelligent process of the Universe, or a non-intelligent one?
(how be it chemical or otherwise)
Geesh, that's easy
a NATURAL process of the Universe which produces intelligence through chemical and electrical process within our "system"

Location hidden

#72480 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of your assertion please.
Evidence of your non-assertion please.

and if you can't provide it, by your standard my statement is correct through definition.

Location hidden

#72481 Jan 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Geesh, that's easy
a NATURAL process of the Universe which produces intelligence through chemical and electrical process within our "system"
again that was not the question.

the question was not do you consider yourself a natural process..but...

Do you consider yourself an 'intelligent' process of the Universe, or a 'non-intelligent' one?

Location hidden

#72482 Jan 27, 2013
how be it chemical or otherwise...natural is otherwise...pay attention.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72483 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of your non-assertion please.
and if you can't provide it, by your standard my statement is correct through definition.
Denial of your assertions do not require evidence, I dismiss your blind assertions until you present evidence that supports them. Since you cannot provide evidence then you are either a liar, or you are delusional.

By projecting the way you have, I am more inclined to think you are a liar. In order to attempt to make your failed assertions, your lies, appear valid you attempt to make the denial of those look like they are assertions. That's dishonest.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72484 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
how be it chemical or otherwise...natural is otherwise...pay attention.
Life is a series of chemical reactions, we actually know how most of it happens and what reactions produce which results. You are a walking petri dish, we just call the combinations of reactions "life." Since life is a series of chemical reactions in itself, it is perfectly sane and valid to suggest that chemical reactions started it all as well.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72485 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider yourself an 'intelligent' process of the Universe, or a 'non-intelligent' one?
Intelligence is the result of natural chemical processes, therefore, we are natural chemical processes. The answer may not be the one you like, but that's the fact of the matter.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72486 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we are here and there is no evidence of a creator, so we came into existence somehow. The evidence supporting how humans evolved from another species is in the fossil record, and our DNA. It's quite a complete collection, more evidence than I have seen for ... well anything, ever. Even more evidence than what we work with for how computers operate, ironically. I am still learning about the evidence for human evolution, and I doubt I will learn all of it, much lest get the chance to test most of it, in my lifetime because of how much there is, but it's there. You will deny the evidence, simply because you don't want to see it.
So I ask you again, where is the evidence that there is a creator?
Again, if there is a no evidence of a creator, why do we create or give birth?
You can not rule out that possibility.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#72487 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
No, my existence is not self evident. Evidence of my existence includes, but is not limited to:
1. I can be touched.
2. I can be seen.
3. I can be tasted.
4. I can be smelled.
5. I can post responses to people.
6. I can be heard.
You need to learn what evidence is.
Can you look in a dictionary?

Location hidden

#72488 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial of your assertions do not require evidence, I dismiss your blind assertions until you present evidence that supports them. Since you cannot provide evidence then you are either a liar, or you are delusional.
By projecting the way you have, I am more inclined to think you are a liar. In order to attempt to make your failed assertions, your lies, appear valid you attempt to make the denial of those look like they are assertions. That's dishonest.
that would be a subjective argument on your part, because of conflicting ideologies would it not...lol

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#72489 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Penalty flag Illegal Use of False dilemma Fallacy.
Youprovided only two alternatives while there are many more.
Humans, as we exist today, are the result of the natural process of evolution.
The only intelligent processes that exist today are thoe implemented by life here on Earth.
for example
a chimp using a stick to get ants out of a anthole is an intelligent process
erosion, plate tectonics, evaporation/condensation/rain, forest fires, etc are examples of natural processes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Lea- 18,586
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 5 min Old Sam 3,439
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 min Adrian DeVine 28,498
I cyber ice-bucket challenge ...in recognition ... 7 min SLY WEST 3
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Old Sam 25,821
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min Old Sam 6,526
Food List (Aug '13) 9 min Old Sam 1,162
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min janice 145,180
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 236
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr CNN Don Queer Lemon 364
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE