Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,403)

Showing posts 68,041 - 68,060 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I50 years of guessing. lol
Those fossils could be any thing. Remember, to err is human. Scientist are humans and Radio metric or Carbon dating are all human(man) made. God is God.
Which is why they invented the scientific method and peer-review. By no means perfect, but so far no-one else has come up with a better method.

Oh, and God is undemonstrated. Therefore you can preach and proclaim as much as you like, and all we need do is say "Show us the evidence!"

You haven't once in all the time you've been here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have always respected you. But in this case you are wrong. Human evolution from non human has no foundations( basis). It is false...
Those links are nothing but projected guesses that can not be clearly verified.
You're lying (again). You've respected no-one. As you are constantly dishonest and are incapable of addressing scientific evidence in a scientific manner. Denial is all you have.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
Subjective classification of similarities made up by science, does not make humans ape, no more than it makes him a fish, if you believed that humans evolved from fish.
Are you suggesting that a Human resembles a Chimp no more than it does a Carp?
Fpro

Bedford Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

If this leads into proposition that the universe is too orderly/perfect/beautiful/etc. that there had to be a greater intelligence at work in it's creation, the I have to ask this in return. If God was behind the creation of the universe and that explains everything.....who then created God. If you reply he always was, He wasn't created, then why is it not possible following the same logic that the universe was always, and didn't require a creator.

By claiming God created everything, you just push the question up a notch.Who created God?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, double standards.
Like I said, your ignorance of scientific subjects ain't our problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
your trippin' dude...all concepts are the result of thinking. Just because the chemicals are there that support brain activity, doesn't imply the concepts.
Concepts ARE the result of thinking, yes. And thinking is made possible due to brain chemistry. If you like we can prove this to you by removing the top part of your cranium and introducing your brain to a food blender.

I can pretty much guarantee you a SEVERE reduction in your cognitive abilities. If you come back as a ghost then we'll know I was wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that has nothing to do with the existence of Christ.
Don't be a sceptic( skeptic)...
Yeah, don't be a skeptic! Just accept any old BS that Chuck comes up with!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre thinking too small.
You are in the presence of infinite power and infinite knowledge and all you can think about is facking?
Problem?

:-)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The 72 virgins is actually more of an esoteric principle that a number of literal virgins. Many Muslims dont know that and they never will.
The number 72 is of great significance when dealing with Semitic philosophies of religion and spirituality.
72 represents the number of specific influences through which God's action/influence over all creation.
Islam came out of Judaism (Muhammed was a Hebrew/Jew at one time, but got fed up and decided to find God for himself).
So if you want to understand the significance of the number 72, you may have to search about:
"The 72 Names/Attributes of God".
But essentially, to see the 72 attributes as virgins which one will receive, represents the idea that one will "become one" with the powers of God.
Don't get me started with math.

They should've stopped at 42!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the HISTORY CHANNEL for God's sake...it's a science show!LMAO
( or maybe it was the Discovery Channel or Nova, I can't remember...but the point is it was on one of the major science channels)
History Channel can do some good stuff. But sometimes they also do "documentaries" on UFO's and "ancient aliens".

They are after all about making money, just like any other TV channel.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the HISTORY CHANNEL for God's sake...it's a science show!LMAO
( or maybe it was the Discovery Channel or Nova, I can't remember...but the point is it was on one of the major science channels)
A science show is not a lecture, it's aim is to entertain like all shows.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. This is just a Jewish conspiracy. Jesus existed.
Find out the work of Pliny the younger and others.
Pliny the younger was from the blood line of Pliny the elder, who witnessed Jesus.
You sound a lot like Adolf Hitler did. We should be watching your kind more closely.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because there's a television show saying that this myth is real, doesn't make it true, your Jesus is still a myth.
Actually the denial of the existence of the Christ, was preceded by the "Jesus is gay" campaign...(along with others)well that one didn't work out so well, so the tactics where changed.

It's an ideological propaganda war to attack Christianity.

In other words it a religious war plain and simple.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. This is just a Jewish conspiracy. Jesus existed.
Find out the work of Pliny the younger and others.
Pliny the younger was from the blood line of Pliny the elder, who witnessed Jesus.
So the fundies claim. Of course there's no historical basis for that. Funny how Jesus was running around performing all manner of impressive magic and not one single Roman bothered to even take notice until a minimum of 100 years after his alleged death. Hence why there's not a single contemporary account of Jesus.

Not that this matters in the slightest to you, since you outright blatantly LIED the last time you brought up the idea of Roman historians supporting Jesus.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who cannot even see a simple pun as soul/sole...lol...no wonder you can't see an inch past your own dogma.lol
I admit, I spotted it after I posted it. Never mind.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you now see the implications of your idea that "ALL concepts are the result of brain chemistry" (or something to that effect)?
Yes.

Always have.

Gravity is a real phenomena. Our THEORIES about gravity exist ONLY as brain-states. They MAY or MAY NOT be correct. What science TRIES to achieve is to come up with the most accurate theory (also called scientific models) that fits with observed phenomena. And those theories are kept or disregarded based upon testing.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
History Channel can do some good stuff. But sometimes they also do "documentaries" on UFO's and "ancient aliens".
They are after all about making money, just like any other TV channel.
So you think we're alone in the universe? That life only exists on this planet?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Fpro wrote:
If this leads into proposition that the universe is too orderly/perfect/beautiful/etc. that there had to be a greater intelligence at work in it's creation, the I have to ask this in return. If God was behind the creation of the universe and that explains everything.....who then created God. If you reply he always was, He wasn't created, then why is it not possible following the same logic that the universe was always, and didn't require a creator.
By claiming God created everything, you just push the question up a notch.Who created God?
Bingo. The universe could have had eternal antecedents which have nothing to do with (a) God. Or, if God requires no cause like the theists claim, then the universe doesn't have to either.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore he killed them on purpose. Meaning your claim "He didn't mean to kill anybody!" was complete bullshite.(shrug)
You are indeed a sceptic. Go through the bible and find out why God took the life of those abominable people and nations.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the denial of the existence of the Christ, was preceded by the "Jesus is gay" campaign...(along with others)well that one didn't work out so well, so the tactics where changed.
It's an ideological propaganda war to attack Christianity.
In other words it a religious war plain and simple.
Or it could simply be an objective examination of the evidence.(shrug)

There MAY have been a priest or preacher whom the stories of Jesus were based on. But that doesn't necessarily mean he was the magical offspring of an invisible Jewish wizard. But it's ALSO possible that Jesus was simply just another theistic invention, just as in the same way you consider the Mighty Thor to be a made up story by the Vikings.

Funny how when critical thinking is applied to your *baseless* religious opinions you see it as an "attack", but your anti-reality criticism of science you see as mere "scientific skepticism".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,041 - 68,060 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••