Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72369 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionist on this thread, seem to be infatuated with killing...that seems to be the only bible verses that they are willing to reference.
Only when fundies make daft arguments about "holy" morality.

Of course this tangent still has no bearing on the validity of science.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72370 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Excessive excavations for precious stones and other minerals have turned the earth to another thing, human's activity have adversely depleted the ozone layers, yet we still don't know everything...
May God save us all, amen.
Amen.
It'll all works out in the end. I'm sure.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72371 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol
I like that. If God does not gave humans their complex, can they create or invent things?
Think Buddy!
As long as humans are around, yes, they can invent things. It matters little whether there is a god that made them or not, just as long as there are humans. There are humans. God? Maybe. Maybe not. There's simply no way to tell.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Islam is just an offshoot of Judaism and Christianity blended with Islamic culture.
Wow!

Really?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72372 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>I am telling it/ that to your face that, humans are imperfect except God.
Go on spreading your garbage( hubris).
You're telling it, but it's no different to a Hindu telling me Vishnu is perfect.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72373 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God, Jesus are real. No one can deny. Why? Because of my personal encounter of them, thanks to the bible and other religious books for more edifications of my faith.
Despite that, i do have respect for Bill( Thewordofme).
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real. No-one can deny. Why? Because of my personal encounter of them. And I don't mean just a bunch of old books like the Bible is true cuz the Bible sez so, I mean I have been Touched by His Noodly Appendage.

RAMEN!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72374 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Is that a joke? What were scientists thinking about quoting a bible verse in natural history museums? I just went to visit a local one recently near a prestigious university.
Here's another:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/archive/Cre...
see it for yourself, dude.
Hmm, they didn't seem to give creationists much credence. But I wouldn't expect them to. That's why creo's have made their own creationist "museums" instead, such as the recent one made by Ken Ham. Kids can go there and ride on the back of a dinosaur complete with saddle!

But scientifically, a god is not relevant to science because we can't perform any scientific tests on it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72375 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is fine, with it's a live and let live attitude...It's actually based on Christian values. But there is a subversive Atheist movement, bend on the destruction of Christianity in particular...these type of people have no respect for others at all...
Some even get payed for attacking Christianity...so don't ever expect respect from such people.
If you find out who those groups are there's a poster who calls himself "Skeptic". I call him Skippy the fundie atheist. Anyway, I think he'd like to join 'em.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72376 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are your ideas about such entity?
All human concepts of "god" are invented. Any intelligent entity capable of creating entire universes in its spare time not only exists beyond the boundaries of our universe and hence undetectable to us, but also beyond the boundaries of human comprehension.

So while it is possible that such a thing exists, it's quite pointless making any proclamations about it that attempt to go beyond mere philosophical speculation.

Of course that's just my personal opinion.
Cybele wrote:
Why Europeans go to extremes about their ideas?
Do they? 50% of Americans go to extremes such as Biblical (semi) literalism, whereby there really where talking lizards and donkeys, and man and dinos really did walk together just like in the Flinstones.
Cybele wrote:
One can't be an atheist if one wants to join a secret order because you know there is one great architect of the universe that is a supreme being.
Suppose it depends on the secret order. Raellians are atheists, and they think the supreme beings are aliens.
Cybele wrote:
One discovers America in pursuit of the fountain of youth without some alien encounter from the sky. One has to be a skeptic to accept Darwinian naturalism or will be ridiculed and yet they are so proud of their sovereign city-state, the Vatican, where the Popes are protected from getting shot by who, the Nazis or KKK wannabe's? But probably not descendants of Pilgrims who were rebels and killed the Native Indians. You have Kings who are said to come from lineage of the holy grail that the Templars protected and kept hidden for centuries, not to mention the VI-Kings and their mystery. You have the 13 bloodlines who control the entire planet. Now it's all under one union. What's next?
Dunno. I leave that to the conspiracy theorists and Hollywood.
Cybele wrote:
So again, I really want to know what your own ideas about such entity.
Just done it above.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#72377 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But scientifically, a god is not relevant to science because we can't perform any scientific tests on it.
Not even in theory that it exists? Have you given up on thinking?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72378 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
It'll all works out in the end. I'm sure.
That's what it says at the end of the book.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#72379 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Without the complex nature of human brain, which is an handiwork of God the creator, there would have been no inventions like computer, the internet, world wide web, Email, etc.
If the human brain is the work of an Intelligent Designer,
then how do you account for the evidence that the reptilian brain formed first, then the paleomammalian brain, and finally the neomammalian brain?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72380 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even in theory that it exists? Have you given up on thinking?
In the scientific sense of the word "theory", no. If you mean the colloquial saying of "in theory", as in hypothetically speaking, then it's possible. It's just there's no way to tell until we develop a meaningful scientific definition of the term "God", and are able to test it via the scientific method using evidence.

As science is always open to new possibilities, it may be that in the future that new evidence will be discovered that may support the idea. But until that day we have nothing but sheer speculation.
Adam and Steve

Kansas City, MO

#72381 Jan 26, 2013
the word me wrote:
<quoted text>
2 answers:
1. We don't know if there is ANY other intelligence out there; advanced or otherwise.
2. The God/Jesus story is almost surely a fable/myth. Science is able to disprove a lot of it nowadays.
"We don't know...." Lets say we have seen things, up close. This craft was close. It put us to sleep. We woke up and it was 10ft in front of us. True story! Now we just want answers. Who or what was it. It had a light on the front. The bottom had red glowing panels 6" x2'. It crossed over our auto @2-3 mph, no sound and exited the area. Ok, we know it sounds impossible but we both was it. Who or what was it?
Drink the hivE

New York, NY

#72382 Jan 26, 2013
The Creatures On The Ground Were My Fav - Specially The Frog...

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#72383 Jan 26, 2013
The Mormons say that God lives on another planet with a harem numbering in the thousands.
Maybe someday our space program will advance to the point where we can go out there and meet him.

The Urantia Book says that God sits on a throne in the center of the Universe.
Maybe someday our space program will advance to the point where we can go out there and meet him.

Maybe someday there will be revealed a scripture revealing hitherto unknown scientific facts, all of which will be verifiable and verified.

Maybe someday there will be revealed s scripture containing new insights on how its readers and adherents can become peace-loving people.

Maybe someday there will be born a true prophet whose prophesies come true and who could work paranormal feats under the most rigid controls.

So what's with the spam, nuts, and disagree judgments on The Dude's post?
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#72384 Jan 26, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If the human brain is the work of an Intelligent Designer,
then how do you account for the evidence that the reptilian brain formed first, then the paleomammalian brain, and finally the neomammalian brain?
Experience tells of another creation sourse. They say.......they were lied to. Religion is a bussiness..ask Joel Osteen. Listen, the Bible story and all religious beliefs were manifested by primitive human animals being controled, engineered and munipulated by advanced a;ien beings..........its hard to grasp.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Bay of Fundy

#72385 Jan 26, 2013
Adam and Steve wrote:
<quoted text>"We don't know...." Lets say we have seen things, up close. This craft was close. It put us to sleep. We woke up and it was 10ft in front of us. True story! Now we just want answers. Who or what was it. It had a light on the front. The bottom had red glowing panels 6" x2'. It crossed over our auto @2-3 mph, no sound and exited the area. Ok, we know it sounds impossible but we both was it. Who or what was it?
Jesus..:-)

This story sounds like thousands of other ones we had heard over the years. You have photos or movies maybe? Were you using??

Give your report to MUFON, see if they can help you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72386 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the denial of the existence of the Christ, was preceded by the "Jesus is gay" campaign...(along with others)well that one didn't work out so well, so the tactics where changed.
It's an ideological propaganda war to attack Christianity.
In other words it a religious war plain and simple.
Wow, you'll buy into anything that has no evidence, even conspiracy nonsense.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72387 Jan 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionist on this thread, seem to be infatuated with killing...that seems to be the only bible verses that they are willing to reference.
Read your bible, 90% of the bible is about killing.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72388 Jan 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol
I like that. If God does not gave humans their complex, can they create or invent things?
Think Buddy!
Islam is just an offshoot of Judaism and Christianity blended with Islamic culture.
Have you been mixing Lorazepam and Sambuca again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 9 min David0407 248
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 12 min Mechanic 1,948
white... 16 min Nobody 2 Special 248
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min Mister_ E 5,514
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 19 min Brandiiiiiiii 17,710
Word Association (Jun '10) 20 min Brandiiiiiiii 26,300
Sarah Palin Said 20 min just go away please 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min Sublime1 20,027
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 36,423
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 1 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 3