Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#72274 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
why do Islamic people believe in 72 virgins in paradise?
The 72 virgins is actually more of an esoteric principle that a number of literal virgins. Many Muslims dont know that and they never will.

The number 72 is of great significance when dealing with Semitic philosophies of religion and spirituality.

72 represents the number of specific influences through which God's action/influence over all creation.

Islam came out of Judaism (Muhammed was a Hebrew/Jew at one time, but got fed up and decided to find God for himself).

So if you want to understand the significance of the number 72, you may have to search about:

"The 72 Names/Attributes of God".

But essentially, to see the 72 attributes as virgins which one will receive, represents the idea that one will "become one" with the powers of God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72275 Jan 26, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
What lies?
If you want a WORKING/FUNCTIONAL knowledge the universe and whats in it; refer to science.
If you require the TRUTH about the nature of the universe; think critically about it.
Science can provide effective knowledge; but only logic and a will to know can lead you to truth.
As much as it may seem that religious individuals, not unlike myself here are anti-science; we are not.
We just know that in order for something to be absolutely true, it must be eternal.
But since there is no eternally enduring form nor substance in the universe; the only way one can ascertain the absolute (truth) is by logic.
How very Aristotelian.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72276 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What was the action that led God to do that?
The people then did abominable things in the sight of God.
No time to explain to a sceptic.
Therefore he killed them on purpose. Meaning your claim "He didn't mean to kill anybody!" was complete bullshite.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72277 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Address the point.
If you have a sincere answer to that question( non human to human) show it.
I HAVE addressed it. You've never addressed mine.

Don't worry, neither has any other fundie.(shrug)

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#72278 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
So if that be the case, why did I see a program on the history channel that's was tracing the lineage of Jesus?
Was that about the time of the program on the History Channel about Ancient Aliens?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#72279 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Like gravity.
Do you now see the implications of your idea that "ALL concepts are the result of brain chemistry" (or something to that effect)?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72280 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I50 years of guessing. lol
Those fossils could be any thing. Remember, to err is human. Scientist are humans and Radio metric or Carbon dating are all human(man) made. God is God.
Which is why they invented the scientific method and peer-review. By no means perfect, but so far no-one else has come up with a better method.

Oh, and God is undemonstrated. Therefore you can preach and proclaim as much as you like, and all we need do is say "Show us the evidence!"

You haven't once in all the time you've been here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72281 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have always respected you. But in this case you are wrong. Human evolution from non human has no foundations( basis). It is false...
Those links are nothing but projected guesses that can not be clearly verified.
You're lying (again). You've respected no-one. As you are constantly dishonest and are incapable of addressing scientific evidence in a scientific manner. Denial is all you have.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#72284 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Subjective classification of similarities made up by science, does not make humans ape, no more than it makes him a fish, if you believed that humans evolved from fish.
Are you suggesting that a Human resembles a Chimp no more than it does a Carp?
Fpro

Bedford Hills, NY

#72286 Jan 26, 2013
If this leads into proposition that the universe is too orderly/perfect/beautiful/etc. that there had to be a greater intelligence at work in it's creation, the I have to ask this in return. If God was behind the creation of the universe and that explains everything.....who then created God. If you reply he always was, He wasn't created, then why is it not possible following the same logic that the universe was always, and didn't require a creator.

By claiming God created everything, you just push the question up a notch.Who created God?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72287 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, double standards.
Like I said, your ignorance of scientific subjects ain't our problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72289 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
your trippin' dude...all concepts are the result of thinking. Just because the chemicals are there that support brain activity, doesn't imply the concepts.
Concepts ARE the result of thinking, yes. And thinking is made possible due to brain chemistry. If you like we can prove this to you by removing the top part of your cranium and introducing your brain to a food blender.

I can pretty much guarantee you a SEVERE reduction in your cognitive abilities. If you come back as a ghost then we'll know I was wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72290 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that has nothing to do with the existence of Christ.
Don't be a sceptic( skeptic)...
Yeah, don't be a skeptic! Just accept any old BS that Chuck comes up with!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72291 Jan 26, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre thinking too small.
You are in the presence of infinite power and infinite knowledge and all you can think about is facking?
Problem?

:-)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#72292 Jan 26, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The 72 virgins is actually more of an esoteric principle that a number of literal virgins. Many Muslims dont know that and they never will.
The number 72 is of great significance when dealing with Semitic philosophies of religion and spirituality.
72 represents the number of specific influences through which God's action/influence over all creation.
Islam came out of Judaism (Muhammed was a Hebrew/Jew at one time, but got fed up and decided to find God for himself).
So if you want to understand the significance of the number 72, you may have to search about:
"The 72 Names/Attributes of God".
But essentially, to see the 72 attributes as virgins which one will receive, represents the idea that one will "become one" with the powers of God.
Don't get me started with math.

They should've stopped at 42!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72294 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the HISTORY CHANNEL for God's sake...it's a science show!LMAO
( or maybe it was the Discovery Channel or Nova, I can't remember...but the point is it was on one of the major science channels)
History Channel can do some good stuff. But sometimes they also do "documentaries" on UFO's and "ancient aliens".

They are after all about making money, just like any other TV channel.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72295 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was on the HISTORY CHANNEL for God's sake...it's a science show!LMAO
( or maybe it was the Discovery Channel or Nova, I can't remember...but the point is it was on one of the major science channels)
A science show is not a lecture, it's aim is to entertain like all shows.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72297 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. This is just a Jewish conspiracy. Jesus existed.
Find out the work of Pliny the younger and others.
Pliny the younger was from the blood line of Pliny the elder, who witnessed Jesus.
You sound a lot like Adolf Hitler did. We should be watching your kind more closely.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72298 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because there's a television show saying that this myth is real, doesn't make it true, your Jesus is still a myth.
Actually the denial of the existence of the Christ, was preceded by the "Jesus is gay" campaign...(along with others)well that one didn't work out so well, so the tactics where changed.

It's an ideological propaganda war to attack Christianity.

In other words it a religious war plain and simple.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72299 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. This is just a Jewish conspiracy. Jesus existed.
Find out the work of Pliny the younger and others.
Pliny the younger was from the blood line of Pliny the elder, who witnessed Jesus.
So the fundies claim. Of course there's no historical basis for that. Funny how Jesus was running around performing all manner of impressive magic and not one single Roman bothered to even take notice until a minimum of 100 years after his alleged death. Hence why there's not a single contemporary account of Jesus.

Not that this matters in the slightest to you, since you outright blatantly LIED the last time you brought up the idea of Roman historians supporting Jesus.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Write sentences with the first letter following... 5 min Grace Nerissa 70
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 5 min I Am No One_ 824
News Man Sues When Amputated Leg Turns Up in Trash 8 min Grace Nerissa 10
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 8 min I Am No One_ 899
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min I Am No One_ 161,853
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min Grace Nerissa 40,293
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 15 min Grace Nerissa 2,222
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 29 min Mr_FX 8,271
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 204
Things that make life eaiser... 5 hr wichita-rick 283
More from around the web