Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#72237 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You don't need a conspiracy to make a single story about something. Hercules wasn't a conspiracy, just a myth, same with your Jesus person.
Cons-piracy is a double negative word. Can you think of a positive opposite for it? For ex. con-science vs. pro-science

Oh here we have a place named after ppl like you. Santa Fe-male

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#72238 Jan 26, 2013
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72239 Jan 26, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
All you are doing is redefining reproduction from the viewpoint of evolution, as such.
<quoted text>
What have you been proving, except that you are clowns who would make clowns of us all?
Can't address one paragraph without parsing, eh? Well, nobody is out to make a clown out of anyone, but if clowning seems to be the case, consider your parsed up point of view.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72240 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no cults based on scientific ideas. If they were scientific ideas they would not be cults. They are therefore simply referred to as cults, whether they be religious or not.
Like I said, double standards.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72241 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need a conspiracy to make a single story about something. Hercules wasn't a conspiracy, just a myth, same with your Jesus person.
Liar!
Jesus is real.

Location hidden

#72242 Jan 26, 2013
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how it is all that funny but ok, yeah try to recycle I suppose as much as one can sometimes I feel like f it, dump it into the trash...
Energy what about that if it is misused...
Or not used properly...
I was not laughing at you or your post ... just myself... sorry if that was misconstrued.

Location hidden

#72243 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need a conspiracy to make a single story about something. Hercules wasn't a conspiracy, just a myth, same with your Jesus person.
So if that be the case, why did I see a program on the history channel that's was tracing the lineage of Jesus?

Location hidden

#72244 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL concepts are the result of brain chemistry. Just not a specific bunch of chemicals.
Don't think you need to worry about any "atheist antibiotics" any time soon at any rate.
your trippin' dude...all concepts are the result of thinking. Just because the chemicals are there that support brain activity, doesn't imply the concepts.

Location hidden

#72245 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I correct myself from my earlier posts, in that animals may be capable of abstract communication, but they are unable to communicate *complex* abstract ideas. There is an gorilla for example who has learned sign language, whether or not it's learned enough to grasp the concept of theism I don't know. But unfortunately it can't communicate it to other apes. But like I said, the concept of religion is explained in evolutionary terms as an extension of altruism, and it developed further from there.
It may be that in the future other species may develop the concept also. Only time will tell. Of course we don't know that dolphins and whales have not done so already. We're just not smart enough to understand their language.
It's not there is it...it's a soul attribute of humans. In other words,your only attempting to connect imaginary dots to support evolution without proof.

And by your standard's,without proof, it's a invalid argument.

Location hidden

#72246 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What if religiosity is really a symptom? lol
Mainstream scientific ideology seems to think so.It's seems to be diagnosed as a delusional disorder.( as Apparent by the posts on this thread...lol)

Seemingly,the recognition of an intelligent process behind the Universe, is also some sort of delusional disorder.(per mainstream scientific ideology)

Location hidden

#72247 Jan 26, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE more predominant in the great ape species.
Specifically, humans.
Subjective classification of similarities made up by science, does not make humans ape, no more than it makes him a fish, if you believed that humans evolved from fish.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72248 Jan 26, 2013
Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever...
bohart

Newport, TN

#72249 Jan 26, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
bohart wrote:
I don't believe people want to be evil, it’s just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.
Before reading past the dotted line, I would like for anyone reading this post to answer four questions:
1. What is attractive to children and good for children?
2. What is unattractive to children and harmful to children?
3. What is attractive to children but harmful to children?
4. What is unattractive to children but good for children?
…………………………
For question number 1, you probably list milk, outdoor play, friends, and healthy affection.
For question number 2, you probably list wild animals, sharp objects, and high places.
For question number 3, you probably list junk food, excessive TV and video, and illegal drugs.
For question number 4, you probably list school work and penicillin shots.
If children were conceived in Original Sin, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 1 and 2.
If children were conceived in the image and likeness of God, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 3 and 4.
If children were conceived as blank slates, we wouldn’t have any answers to any of the questions.
What, then, is the nature of children?
If you take a close look at the answers, you will see that the first two tend to be items which have been present since time immemorial. The last two tend to be modern inventions.
My stand, then, is that children are created for life in the primeval past. It would be nice if children were created for life in modern civilization, but modern civilization came into being at a fast pace and evolution has not had a chance to catch up.
Is your conclusion that children would be better off living in a teepee on the plains eating raw buffalo liver until the god of evolution catches them up to todays pace?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#72250 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Cons-piracy is a double negative word. Can you think of a positive opposite for it? For ex. con-science vs. pro-science
Oh here we have a place named after ppl like you. Santa Fe-male
People "like me?" What are you implying? Also, you fail at English, you really fail at it. You should learn what words mean before using them.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72251 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So if that be the case, why did I see a program on the history channel that's was tracing the lineage of Jesus?
Wow, you believe everything you see on TV? So that means vampires are real too, as well as unicorns, hobbits, and leprechauns.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72252 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
your trippin' dude...all concepts are the result of thinking. Just because the chemicals are there that support brain activity, doesn't imply the concepts.
We know most of which concepts are produced by which chemical reactions. Not the word "produced" used. It is not implied, it is understanding of how neurons work, and we know quite a bit about that. We have even mapped out laws of logic that are relatively simple to reconstruct even on computers. Most living organisms on the planet are not intelligent by our standards, though they do "think," we know exactly how those ones "think."

Level 2

Location hidden

#72253 Jan 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you believe everything you see on TV? So that means vampires are real too, as well as unicorns, hobbits, and leprechauns.
And that has nothing to do with the existence of Christ.
Don't be a sceptic( skeptic)...
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#72255 Jan 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the part when the guy said there's no sex in heaven. Do you believe in that BULLSH!T? lol
Youre thinking too small.

You are in the presence of infinite power and infinite knowledge and all you can think about is facking?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72256 Jan 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that has nothing to do with the existence of Christ.
Don't be a sceptic( skeptic)...
Just because there's a television show saying that this myth is real, doesn't make it true, your Jesus is still a myth.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72257 Jan 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not there is it...it's a soul attribute of humans.
You mean "sole". And it maybe. But then you have no idea that dolphins and whales don't have complex languages capable of communicating ideas like religion.
xxxooxxx wrote:
In other words,your only attempting to connect imaginary dots to support evolution without proof. And by your standard's,without proof, it's a invalid argument.
Um, no. Evolution is certainly not dependent on the development of the ability to conceive abstract concepts. Evolution is dependent upon biological factors, and those have already long been demonstrated. You may think "religiosity" is all important but it simply is not the case. Keep in mind that religion could easily be equated with fictional stories (since no religion can be demonstrated valid) and your argument would be exactly the same as saying evolution can't explain Hollywood movies therefore evolution is invalid. It's a dumb argument.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min Mister_ E 20,488
What Could Be Mixed,...? 11 min Crazy Jae 32
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 12 min honeymylove 409
What's your tip for the day? 26 min Enzo49 1,071
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 35 min liam cul8r 24,141
What Could Be Stressing,...? 35 min Sublime1 9
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 40 min Mechanic 1,996
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 146,988
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr eleanorigby 36,514
•••