Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
67,861 - 67,880 of 112,790 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

So what about all particles...in Evoltutions...that surely could mean somehting....

Tut....was machen die?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
bohart wrote:
I don't believe people want to be evil, it’s just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.
Before reading past the dotted line, I would like for anyone reading this post to answer four questions:
1. What is attractive to children and good for children?
2. What is unattractive to children and harmful to children?
3. What is attractive to children but harmful to children?
4. What is unattractive to children but good for children?
…………………………
For question number 1, you probably list milk, outdoor play, friends, and healthy affection.
For question number 2, you probably list wild animals, sharp objects, and high places.
For question number 3, you probably list junk food, excessive TV and video, and illegal drugs.
For question number 4, you probably list school work and penicillin shots.
If children were conceived in Original Sin, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 1 and 2.
If children were conceived in the image and likeness of God, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 3 and 4.
If children were conceived as blank slates, we wouldn’t have any answers to any of the questions.
What, then, is the nature of children?
If you take a close look at the answers, you will see that the first two tend to be items which have been present since time immemorial. The last two tend to be modern inventions.
My stand, then, is that children are created for life in the primeval past. It would be nice if children were created for life in modern civilization, but modern civilization came into being at a fast pace and evolution has not had a chance to catch up.
Basicly take child and stick it in front of any computering object compound made up of, what it is tuning into, listening or watching and then to hear and to reply...

Must be some Christian to have thought of Evil ways....

To harm, a defense system and for many it is one of foreign feelings not to nature maybe to say one can be feeling such an Emotion to the day some would say we have come far where as others will state stand steadfast that the world is nothing but chaos and nothing much matters...

Run around a day without phone any contact and take a look around where it is you are...

Far...that was just in General a comment not addressing anyone really....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of explanation would you like Charles??

I still have not seen proof of any religiosity in the animal kingdom...like I said before,it virtually exist in all human cultures....so it should be easy to prove in evolutionary terms, if that be the case.

I'm not really buying this "animals can't communicate in abstract ideas..."

It should be readily apparent in nature, If this be the case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

....or is the truth of the matter is that religiosity does not exist in the animal kingdom at all.(?)
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

religiosity ¿¿ I've never heard that word used before..figures...lol

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I so care for mother Earth...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
....or is the truth of the matter is that religiosity does not exist in the animal kingdom at all.(?)
That's a good one what about then the cold and so called warm blooded, how do they define mammal gives birth to a creationist wouldn't it seem, not sure how do you think you came about to be?

In this the now and do you feel that there was for you a before?

Have you had the experience ever that you already accomplished the now as well, and then the before to the ever after...

Some of the good writing we must draw from too not just the bitterness the angry the seek fault so we must have Sin, first the sin was I seek a much better flow than that of Religion in the sense that we all it all must surely fall...

So once upon a time there were that place tower upon tower and one day someone got so pissed off they tossed em, or he was drunk and fell off for the greater THING in that creation and to own something to make something and then to make something better was it your own yours to keep,

The world is a place to a ONE of furthermore in how many ways can we communicate?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

phaines wrote:
What does it sound like?

What does it mean?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
xxxooxxx wrote:
It would seem that if we were so closely related as implied by the evolution theory, then religiosity would be readily apparent in the animal kingdom. I cannot even think of one example...can you?
There is some question about whether or not other animals have religion.
Some monogamous species hold something like wedding ceremonies.
I forgot where I read this, but elephants hold burial ceremonies for the dead.
(I don't see how anyone could bury an elephant, but apparently it's possible.)
We don't know how much of it is a ritual and how much of it is a sanitary precaution, but it looks like at least some of it is a ritual.
What's more, they hold these sessions in the evening, with all the participants facing toward the setting sun.
So it seems that symbolism is not an exclusive property of humans, either.
Yea, but these are elephants...such "rituals" would surely be more predominant in the great ape species...but I have heard of none at all.

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

phaines wrote:
I was trying to post in arabic...lol
it seen it as all caps.
I know I like the symbols when you use command and shift but I can't get nothing here on this keyboard....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

phaines wrote:
as far as I can see, it's just a fancy word for religiousness.

It seems science is trying to find out if it's some sort of chemical in the brain, so the pharmaceuticals companies can come up with a drug that counter acts its effects...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Tinka wrote:
I so care for mother Earth...
how so?...do you recycle?(lol)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
They stopped using the "Darwin admitted..." LAdy Whoever story after they finally got the messager that Darwin's daughter denied her story...of 100 years ago...that's a FUNDIOT For ya...hohumLOLOLO
Many fundies still use it today. Everything is valid if you're on a PR propaganda trip I guess.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a reason behind every action. God does not kill intentionally.
Yeah, that whole global flood thing where he wiped out every single thing on the entire planet except for one specific wooden boat which he specifically told Noah to build.

All just a big whoopsie accident, right?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Zero!
Blah-blah-blah-blah!
You have not addressed any thing. No explanation for evolution from non human to human to date.
Yes, I can see that you're incapable of addressing the content of anyone's posts which is why you only dismiss them out of hand. Such intellectual dishonesty is expected from fundies like yourself.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence, how non humans evolved into human form?
Be clear in your explanation, because i have not gotten a sincere answer from any one.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T5V...

Keep in mind that your incredulity, denial and complete and total lack of evidence doth not an argument make.

Also keep in mind that that first linky has been unaddressed for nearly a year.

And that evolution has not been debunked by you fundies for nearly 150 years.

Funny how life goes, eh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord! this coming from the master of lame! your tired worn out routine of, fundie, creatard, liar, godunit,dumb, uneducated, etc,etc,The only Guinness I want is in a glass, oh believer in the slime.
You claim I am lame, however of the two of us, only I can demonstrate my position. Funny how life works, eh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So any religious cult is called a religious cult, because its based on religious idea...but a science cult that is based on scientific ideas is called what?....whatever you want to call it? It's a science cult plain and simple. You can't change the standard just because you don't like the implications.
There are no cults based on scientific ideas. If they were scientific ideas they would not be cults. They are therefore simply referred to as cults, whether they be religious or not.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have not seen proof of any religiosity in the animal kingdom...like I said before,it virtually exist in all human cultures....so it should be easy to prove in evolutionary terms, if that be the case.
I'm not really buying this "animals can't communicate in abstract ideas..."
It should be readily apparent in nature, If this be the case.
I correct myself from my earlier posts, in that animals may be capable of abstract communication, but they are unable to communicate *complex* abstract ideas. There is an gorilla for example who has learned sign language, whether or not it's learned enough to grasp the concept of theism I don't know. But unfortunately it can't communicate it to other apes. But like I said, the concept of religion is explained in evolutionary terms as an extension of altruism, and it developed further from there.

It may be that in the future other species may develop the concept also. Only time will tell. Of course we don't know that dolphins and whales have not done so already. We're just not smart enough to understand their language.
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

169 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 3 min Truths 696
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min Old Sam 17,270
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min the wandering girl 6,203
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 5 min Old Sam 13,015
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Crunchy Bacon 14,859
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 7 min your language 15,593
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Old Sam 3,230
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min wichita-rick 141,210
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 2 hr Instigator 1