Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
67,821 - 67,840 of 114,404 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
xxxooxxx, what do you mean by a “science cult”?
I’m curious to see whether or not you think the Aetherians are a science cult.
The founder and leader of this group is Sir George King, so-called because he was knighted by a descendent of the Byzantine emperors.
Sir George King receives messages from the Cosmic Masters, an interplanetary parliament which meets on Venus.
He was told that he would be appointed the Earthling representative, except that Earth is not yet spiritually advanced enough to earn a place in this parliament.
In case you’re wondering why a space probe never uncovered any signs of life on Venus, it is because the people there are on a “higher vibrational frequency” than we are, whatever that means.
The people on Venus were nice enough to loan us their Cosmic Master for a while, in the person of Jesus Christ.
The Star of Bethlehem was really a Venusian spacecraft hovering overhead.
Don’t laugh. You should be grateful, because the Martian Cosmic Master saved our lives.
A group from the other end of the galaxy came our way with a giant water pump, intent on draining our ocean basin.
Then we would all die of thirst they would take over the planet.
But our Martian hero arrived just in the nick of time, driving a two-mile-long spacecraft which was radar-proof and invisible, since the Martians are on a “higher vibrational frequency.”
Don’t ask me why the Venusian spacecraft wasn’t also invisible, because I honestly don’t know.
The Asteroid Belt was originally one big planet.
The inhabitants of that planet were ecologically unwise, so the planet exploded.
That left millions of people who were supposed to live on that planet, but who were now left without a home.
The Cosmic Masters asked our planet if it would take on those poor unfortunate waifs, and our planet agreed.
(Planets are organisms.)
Some of us living on this planet were originally intended to live on this planet, some of us were originally intended to live on what is now the Asteroid Belt.
One thing you gotta say about religionists and New Agers: they’re entertaining.
So any religious cult is called a religious cult, because its based on religious idea...but a science cult that is based on scientific ideas is called what?....whatever you want to call it? It's a science cult plain and simple. You can't change the standard just because you don't like the implications.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

_Olive_ wrote:
Evolution.
Is the TRUTH.....

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Zero!
Blah-blah-blah-blah!
You have not addressed any thing. No explanation for evolution from non human to human to date.
What kind of explanation would you like Charles??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Oh, boy, Gator! You're right, so I'll deflect, attempt to insult, and look like a moron in the process...
Mission Accomplished...PHILOSOPHY AIN'T SCIENCE, BOY! Move along...philosophy is down the hall!
Meanwhile back in reality I'm just a college educated engineer-type who builds the churches you populate, the roads you travel, the home in which you dwell, etc, etc, etc...when you have something substantive, and not just cry-baby excuses of YOUR clearly demonstrated ignorance, you'll let me know...meanwhile, you just keep paying those Flat Earth Society dues and genuflecting for nothing...ROFLMAO.
You wouldn't know reality if it bit ya on the ass...

Oh no...was that another philosophical comment?

Well, I'll type real slow for ya next time, so maybe it won't go over your head.

Level 9

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have not address the point. Evolution from non- human to human, are un-acceptable...
We don't care if you and your kind reject the human from non-human phenomenon.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
What point are you trying to make that I have made no sense or something else? I'm not sure.
Hey you got a punny for that comment, funny...

I don't know it's been a couple of days didn't get back to posting the same day, now what?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Oh, boy, Gator! You're right, so I'll deflect, attempt to insult, and look like a moron in the process...
Mission Accomplished...PHILOSOPHY AIN'T SCIENCE, BOY!

Oh we wouldn't let some emotion fly now would we and Science to question is not what MAN? I assume then to address you as such Man...since you so loudly screamed out BOY!!!

To depth of all things would lie to Question as to kknowledge oh my oh my....

Someone give that man a wand he needs a wall him around for a bit to senses...let him ask a few *things*...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

How the freak did Einstein make it out of the door some days when he had to was without doubt a task at times I bet on that...

Science to He would have scratched his head many ole times not just the board...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually...without CITATIONS/hyperlinks...your crap gets filed away as ANOTHER CLAIM not evidencedc...regardless, a deathbed ANYTHING means NOTHING...moreover EVEREYONE one of those people was DEAD CENTURIES ago...do you really want me to tell you about the HEALTHY, COGENT, STILL-ALIVE, employed CLERGY who don't take the bible literally?!?! LOL
So the bible is a book pages filled with wordings according to some young and some old...

I never had been exposed much what employed into for what?

Nothing means anything Theory is it not the phase that we are in?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Oh wait is that a Philosophical question

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know reality if it bit ya on the ass...
Oh no...was that another philosophical comment?
Well, I'll type real slow for ya next time, so maybe it won't go over your head.
Ahhhh LOL I just ask the same...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

LMAO...somewhat anyways...

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

bohart wrote:
I don't believe people want to be evil, it’s just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.

Before reading past the dotted line, I would like for anyone reading this post to answer four questions:

1. What is attractive to children and good for children?
2. What is unattractive to children and harmful to children?
3. What is attractive to children but harmful to children?
4. What is unattractive to children but good for children?

…………………………

For question number 1, you probably list milk, outdoor play, friends, and healthy affection.
For question number 2, you probably list wild animals, sharp objects, and high places.
For question number 3, you probably list junk food, excessive TV and video, and illegal drugs.
For question number 4, you probably list school work and penicillin shots.

If children were conceived in Original Sin, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 1 and 2.
If children were conceived in the image and likeness of God, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 3 and 4.
If children were conceived as blank slates, we wouldn’t have any answers to any of the questions.

What, then, is the nature of children?
If you take a close look at the answers, you will see that the first two tend to be items which have been present since time immemorial. The last two tend to be modern inventions.

My stand, then, is that children are created for life in the primeval past. It would be nice if children were created for life in modern civilization, but modern civilization came into being at a fast pace and evolution has not had a chance to catch up.

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

non-human phenomenon.

Do they reject anything?

How about human phenomenon phenomen on...

An O, man would have had intro to the big O welcome to your Planet!!!

Maybe it's a Q
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I was trying to post in arabic...lol
it seen it as all caps.

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

So what about all particles...in Evoltutions...that surely could mean somehting....

Tut....was machen die?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
bohart wrote:
I don't believe people want to be evil, it’s just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.
Before reading past the dotted line, I would like for anyone reading this post to answer four questions:
1. What is attractive to children and good for children?
2. What is unattractive to children and harmful to children?
3. What is attractive to children but harmful to children?
4. What is unattractive to children but good for children?
…………………………
For question number 1, you probably list milk, outdoor play, friends, and healthy affection.
For question number 2, you probably list wild animals, sharp objects, and high places.
For question number 3, you probably list junk food, excessive TV and video, and illegal drugs.
For question number 4, you probably list school work and penicillin shots.
If children were conceived in Original Sin, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 1 and 2.
If children were conceived in the image and likeness of God, we wouldn’t have any answers to questions 3 and 4.
If children were conceived as blank slates, we wouldn’t have any answers to any of the questions.
What, then, is the nature of children?
If you take a close look at the answers, you will see that the first two tend to be items which have been present since time immemorial. The last two tend to be modern inventions.
My stand, then, is that children are created for life in the primeval past. It would be nice if children were created for life in modern civilization, but modern civilization came into being at a fast pace and evolution has not had a chance to catch up.
Basicly take child and stick it in front of any computering object compound made up of, what it is tuning into, listening or watching and then to hear and to reply...

Must be some Christian to have thought of Evil ways....

To harm, a defense system and for many it is one of foreign feelings not to nature maybe to say one can be feeling such an Emotion to the day some would say we have come far where as others will state stand steadfast that the world is nothing but chaos and nothing much matters...

Run around a day without phone any contact and take a look around where it is you are...

Far...that was just in General a comment not addressing anyone really....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of explanation would you like Charles??

I still have not seen proof of any religiosity in the animal kingdom...like I said before,it virtually exist in all human cultures....so it should be easy to prove in evolutionary terms, if that be the case.

I'm not really buying this "animals can't communicate in abstract ideas..."

It should be readily apparent in nature, If this be the case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

....or is the truth of the matter is that religiosity does not exist in the animal kingdom at all.(?)
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

religiosity ¿¿ I've never heard that word used before..figures...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

182 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 3 min Wasteband Maker 29,083
National News 4 min Harrison Freebird 14
Weird sea critters invade West Coast beaches 4 min beatlesinthebog 20
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min eleanorigby 35,863
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 10 min Grace Nerissa 23,920
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min -Lea- 18,067
Weird Forum 12 min Spirit67_ 4
What's your tip for the day? 31 min beatlesinthebog 500
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Ivy Shapiro 143,812