Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#72082 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx, what do you mean by a “science cult”?
I’m curious to see whether or not you think the Aetherians are a science cult.
The founder and leader of this group is Sir George King, so-called because he was knighted by a descendent of the Byzantine emperors.

Sir George King receives messages from the Cosmic Masters, an interplanetary parliament which meets on Venus.
He was told that he would be appointed the Earthling representative, except that Earth is not yet spiritually advanced enough to earn a place in this parliament.
In case you’re wondering why a space probe never uncovered any signs of life on Venus, it is because the people there are on a “higher vibrational frequency” than we are, whatever that means.

The people on Venus were nice enough to loan us their Cosmic Master for a while, in the person of Jesus Christ.
The Star of Bethlehem was really a Venusian spacecraft hovering overhead.

Don’t laugh. You should be grateful, because the Martian Cosmic Master saved our lives.
A group from the other end of the galaxy came our way with a giant water pump, intent on draining our ocean basin.
Then we would all die of thirst they would take over the planet.
But our Martian hero arrived just in the nick of time, driving a two-mile-long spacecraft which was radar-proof and invisible, since the Martians are on a “higher vibrational frequency.”
Don’t ask me why the Venusian spacecraft wasn’t also invisible, because I honestly don’t know.

The Asteroid Belt was originally one big planet.
The inhabitants of that planet were ecologically unwise, so the planet exploded.
That left millions of people who were supposed to live on that planet, but who were now left without a home.
The Cosmic Masters asked our planet if it would take on those poor unfortunate waifs, and our planet agreed.
(Planets are organisms.)
Some of us living on this planet were originally intended to live on this planet, some of us were originally intended to live on what is now the Asteroid Belt.

One thing you gotta say about religionists and New Agers: they’re entertaining.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72083 Jan 24, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Pierre Boulle? Excellent author!
Pierre, that is also your name...

Level 2

Location hidden

#72084 Jan 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He keeps using that word "proven" without showing any proof. I think he's modeling his online persona after Mrs. Clinton's, IOWs, he's all duck and dodge.
xD
Ofcourse. That is the general term used by all of them in this thread and forum.
They are all lying in the name of evidence or proof they don't even have...

Level 2

Location hidden

#72085 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the last thing Darwin had. Which is why evolution has evolved since his day. I don't worry about Chuck though, he's barely capable of speaking, much less speaking for anyone else. But if he thinks he can speak for God Almighty, he sure ain't gonna worry about trying it with me. Or anyone else for that matter.
You and every macro Evolutionist are all liars.
Go on spreading your fallacies you call, theory. Shit!

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#72086 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You and every macro Evolutionist are all liars.
No need to act like that, I'm no evolutionist but still that was uncalled for.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72087 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't help it. Fundies are brought up that way.
Blessed be the goo! the giver of life to you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72088 Jan 24, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to act like that, I'm no evolutionist but still that was uncalled for.
Hmmm!
So, what do you expect me to say, when they have said more than this a thousand times.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72089 Jan 24, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you've been schooled to hate yourself. There are times where I think human beings have less of a natural moral compass than animals though.
I prefer to work on the assumption that the only thing for sure is that you only have one life to live. You can believe in reincarnation, but that doesn't mean you can take your memories with you, so what purpose would it serve? You can believe in an afterlife, but you have no idea as to what it would be like. The only thing you can even begin to believe in for a reason, is the golden rule ....unless you're ready to be a predator against your own species.
That is why this thread should even have something to offer to zealous creationists.
Well I really could care less what you think about what I was raised to believe. Do you believe human beings are instinctively good or evil? The thin veneer of civilization holds most human evils in check, if the sun emitted a giant solar flare and put the United states back into the 1800's do you believe people would work together to help their fellow man get through it? or be eating each other in a matter of weeks.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#72090 Jan 24, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I really could care less what you think about what I was raised to believe. Do you believe human beings are instinctively good or evil? The thin veneer of civilization holds most human evils in check, if the sun emitted a giant solar flare and put the United states back into the 1800's do you believe people would work together to help their fellow man get through it? or be eating each other in a matter of weeks.
It is nice to see that you care about how others think you were raised to believe. Perhaps you think they will pity you since you grew up in a house of bad standards.

As to the second part of your post, the government might fail, but groups of people would still work together. It would soon be obvious that a group working together could protect their own property from lone marauders. These communities would grow as they realized that bigger groups could withstand groups of marauders and soon we would have a civilization again. Maybe not as well developed as today's, but it would be a series of civilized groups and not Rambos the would rule the new U.S..

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#72091 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just shut up and learn, you blind brat.
The bible's mention of deities include Dagon, Asherah poles, and others.
The living God, has many titles or accolades which include Jehovah Shalom, Nissi, Shammah, Tsedkenu, Rapha, Elshaddai, etc.
Find out and learn about this supreme God.
Oh, I am petrified, see me shaking in my boots at the wrath of your words you deliberately ignorant prat. Honey christians have tried to kill me and tried to kill my children, do you really think your stupid verbal threats mean anything? Looks like the babble has taught you intolerance and aggression well - right? And people like you hold your hands up in incredulity when the people you abuse respond in kind. You really are a true and moronic godbot.

Yes the babble mentions several gods and the majority of them are NOT the god you worship. In your gods own claimed words he acknowledges at least 37 other gods and often refers to “Us” as in gods. It is true that he often shows contempt and offers threats to these other gods, rather like you – yes? You have learned the babble well despite having sub consciously filtered out the reason for the intolerance, hatred and violence your god book teaches.

Exodus 12:12(esv) For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the ***GODS*** of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD

What about Psalm 82:1-2(esv) God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the GODS he holds judgment: "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?

And Psalm 82:6-7: I said, "You are GODS, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince."

This just shows your ignorance of the book you learn your spite and hatred from, those are not “many titles” those are ***OTHER GODS*** that your own egotistical, selfish and violent god acknowledges while being a genocidal, child murdering apologist for rape

Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24
Exodus 12:29
Deuteronomy 21:10-13

Why, in your deliberate ignorance, do you think you know more about the babble than the babble?

Why, in your deliberate ignorance, do you feel you are ABOVE the god you worship?

Why, in your deliberate ignorance, do you feel that selectively IGNOREING whole rafts of the babble justifies your belief?

Honey, I learned about your god before your mother threw the wrong bit away after you were born, I learned how the babble teaches violence, aggression, hatred, spite, intolerance, ignorance. In 5 out of 6 of these points you show you have learned well and I am pretty sure the violence is not far behind.

P.S. you forgot the FIRST name of god in your list and I really would have thought the first name used in the book from which your babble OT was (selectively) copied would be quite important to a christard. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps you don’t really care where the stories came from.

Level 6

#72092 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Open your closed eyes, christianity among other religion is always at the top of the chart.
Eyes and mind open, christianity is in decline, it is, I believe, the only faith that is in decline.

Was NOT on top in the past, so “always” is just another christian lie, right? Or is it just your own delusion?

Here is a quick history lesson, much of the meat is omitted because I don’t have time to sit here for three years trying to educate you.

Christianity (Roman Catholicism) was a local European religion, the remnants of the Western Roman Empire. It was started, as are so many such faiths by anarchy, terrorism and wholesale loss of life.

It could not get a decent foothold in the Eastern Roman Empire, the land in which it originated, which incidentally was the cause of considerable loss of life during the Crusades. It eventually collapsed when the Ottoman empire crushed the remains of the Eastern Roman Empire in 1453.

It was schismed by Henry VIII which was of course responsible for considerable loss of life that resulted from the several religious wars that followed.

Up until the expansion of the British Empire it remained predominantly a local European religion, that expansion slightly helped the numbers and was of course responsible for considerable loss of life in the process.

The Opening up of the Americas , both north and south by conquest, and considerable loss of life is the only christianity is so popular.

Do you see a pattern here?

Although christianity is rising inline with the population increase in the Americas in Europe and the rest of the world it is in decline. Unless the christian attitude of hatred and spite is dropped and a more open understanding taken then in most of Europe, including the currently christian strongholds of Italy and Spain christianity will be a minority faith by next century.

Level 6

#72093 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just grow up and stop being naive.
You don't understand the bible...
Say what? Your ignorance knows no bounds…

I posted 3 (THREE) T- H – R – E – E verse numbers that VERIFY my three claims of your god being a genocidal child murdering apologist got rape and it is me who does not understand the babble.

In another post I noted several biblical references to there being multiple gods mentioned and acknowledged in the babble.

Are you really that crazy? Or is it that you have been beaten around the head so often with your parents babble that you are now brain damaged and know no better?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72094 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Pierre, that is also your name...
Got something against the French?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#72095 Jan 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that some people have different psychological algorithms than others. Some are modern urban types who harden their discipline under the pressures of urban life, while others turn to mob hysteria. The same urban types aren't too motivated to keep moving when placed in a wilderness environment and may tend to become a liability to others.

Tragically, there's no real perfect ideal for all environments, but by observing the culture of Empire nations, one does get a good understanding of the ebb and flow of the times they lived in. Empires aren't about conquerors or kings. They are about the will of a culture to exceed the status-quo of the world around them.

The Dark Ages were a bad time to live. You had the little Ice Age, the collapse of Roman authority, and a few nasty plagues trashing the landscape for centuries. What came out of them was the Holy Roman Empire and finally the Renaissance. The Holy Roman Empire seems to have been a period of redefinition of leadership, while the Renaissance was more of a redefinition of Economics.

The problem nowadays is that we have cycles of instability, with industry and population exceeding the conventions of government every 20 to 80 years or so. Personally, I don't think the Church, with their old school moral dogma is on top of what is going on, and they are indignant about what they call "moral relativism". But that moral relativism is our culture working out solutions to the problems we face. What else can you call it but genuine morality?

What the Church should have to offer is about remembering the lessons learned during the days of the Holy Roman Empire. I don't think they are content with that limited a role. That kind of ambition is generally what I'd call autocratic and immoral. Feel free to explain why you might disagree.

Fossil fuels might run out, making our current philosophies obsolete? Globalization makes the conventions of nations obsolete? There's plenty to discuss. Just don't hit people over the head with your presumed authority.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#72096 Jan 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
You seem to have a preoccupation with "goo". Do you masturbate a lot?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72097 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have not address the point. Evolution from non- human to human, are un-acceptable...
Uh, you got that the wrong way round bub. It's YOU who has not addressed the point. Any of them in fact. And they are:

1 - Evolution has been scientifically demonstrated.

2 - That includes these threads since none of you fundies are capable of addressing the evidence, only ignoring it.

3 - Most the UK, who may be considered predominantly Christian, accept evolution in exactly the way you don't like.

4 - What is unacceptable to YOU is irrelevant as your baseless religious opinions are irrelevant. You don't know any more about theology than anyone else does, period.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72098 Jan 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You and every macro Evolutionist are all liars.
Your accusation is baseless. You're welcome to your opinion but we both know you're utterly ignorant of the subject. Which actually makes you the dishonest one, making baseless proclamations on a subject you know nothing about.

Nice try at projection though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72099 Jan 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trotting out that same old lame joke eh Bo? Well whatever keeps you entertained. Just let us know when you're about to say something smart, we'll call Guinness.(shrug)

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#72101 Jan 25, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Chuckles was referencing a 2001 movie that Martin Lawrence starred in.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265087/
Ah...oops! Bad me.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#72102 Jan 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Go ahead.
I'll wait.
Wow, you are a hateful person. Did your religion teach you that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 5 min Hitesrunprincess 46,051
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min whatimeisit 29,854
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 20 min whatimeisit 7,263
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 22 min Vector aka Victor... 3,947
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 40 min Grace Nerissa 36,922
30,000 post wins (May '13) 1 hr 40ish 1,968
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Wolftracks 22,506
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 149,527
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr -Lea- 7,012
True or False Game 8 hr Old Sam 610