Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,387)

Showing posts 67,721 - 67,740 of112,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
<quoted text>
WTF?
Challenge that Mister, abbreviations will not help your lying.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What???
Black Knight???
What has that got to do with the issue at hand, Numbnut?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask a question. You stated an illogical and prejudiced opinion.
And yet you can not answer either. Just continue running your mouth like a spring, Numbnut.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can argue with the mirror or you can argue with me. Choose. But stop spitting on the mirror...it's gross.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Waaaaaaah! Hiding is too smart for me! I have to copy her in a desperate plea to save face...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I am re - defining your attributes or qualities to you...
Hide your face in shame, dude.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles is basically an imbecile in the legal definition of the word.
Legally speaking, you are a waste to humanity.
Next?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be taken as a supreme insult to imbeciles the world over.
;-)
You are indeed one of them...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I even posted babble verse numbers in a later post. Just because you selectively filter the babble does not mean that I am incorrect it just means that you selectively filter the babble
Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24
Exodus 12:29
Deuteronomy 21:10-13
Which god, there ore over 3700 catalogued deities, 2400 of them can be classed as god in the way of the abrahmic god
Just shut up and learn, you blind brat.
The bible's mention of deities include Dagon, Asherah poles, and others.
The living God, has many titles or accolades which include Jehovah Shalom, Nissi, Shammah, Tsedkenu, Rapha, Elshaddai, etc.
Find out and learn about this supreme God.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The full statement was...
All things are evident unto themselves...only man requires evidence.
It's a philosophical concept...you wouldn't understand.
Translation: Oh, boy, Gator! You're right, so I'll deflect, attempt to insult, and look like a moron in the process...

Mission Accomplished...PHILOSOPHY AIN'T SCIENCE, BOY! Move along...philosophy is down the hall!

Meanwhile back in reality I'm just a college educated engineer-type who builds the churches you populate, the roads you travel, the home in which you dwell, etc, etc, etc...when you have something substantive, and not just cry-baby excuses of YOUR clearly demonstrated ignorance, you'll let me know...meanwhile, you just keep paying those Flat Earth Society dues and genuflecting for nothing...ROFLMAO.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Chuckles was referencing a 2001 movie that Martin Lawrence starred in.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265087/
That has nothing to with the issues at hand.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think I am redefining th word "image" when it very well could mean reflection? The Creator of the universe made man in his own image and likeness and if Adam and Eve had not disobeyed his word to them, I believe they could have lived forever.
Nooooooo...you attempt to redefine because that's what MORONS, FOOLS and religious fundies do...you do it because the alternative is to admit YOU ARE WRONG...you simply MOVE THE GOALPOSTS..Duuuuuhhhh...who the F~CK are you to REdefine ANYTHING! Whatchu talkin''bout, WIllis?!?! You're NOBODY...you cling to childish notions...you cling to desperation...you're a caricature...try reading some apocrypha you IDIOT...I just love schooling the Xians who haven't bothered to read...just love it...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the churches own figure of 15% the majority?
Think of the maths, 15% means 85% thatís more than 5 times as many who do not observe christian tradition than those who do.
Open your closed eyes, christianity among other religion is always at the top of the chart.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít apologise for dwindling christianity, no need when there are people like you who do that.
What you donít seem to understand is the more adamant you get the more (normal) people there are that say to themselves,ďI donít want any part of thatĒ and leave the church.
Genesis 6:11-17 and 7:11-24
Exodus 12:29
Deuteronomy 21:10-13
Just grow up and stop being naive.
You don't understand the bible...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Skillet would be considered as Christian rock, Red, and Kutless. Then there's Christian hip hop and pop like lecrae and Toby Mac and Jeremy camp.
Dunno any of 'em. Did a quick look up of Skillet and it didn't sound bad. I was thinking something a little more on these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt Chuckles had a clue as to the reference. It was just the first thing that came up on his Google search.
If you love insulting your self, it is up to you...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Black Knight???
What has that got to do with the issue at hand, Numbnut?
Never mind, Chuckles. It obviously flew right over your pointy, little head.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are indeed one of them...
If true, it would still leave me a leg up on you.

(That's an English idiom, Chuckie. Look it up.)

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Open your closed eyes, christianity among other religion is always at the top of the chart.
It is not and it has been proven to you. Sitting there playing with your willy while you repeat the same crap over and over doesn't make it true.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Au contraire! They are educated, but in different things.
That's nice. But this thread is about evolution and creationism. If you wanna say one of 'em is more educated than me about car mechanics, great. But it's completely irrelevant.
anonymous wrote:
So the question is, when you're "playing the game" how will that game invariably shape you? As Friedrich Nietzsche said, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Well when I'm about to fly a plane into a building I'll let you know.
anonymous wrote:
No sane person really wants to be evil.
Ah, but fundamentalism is insane. It's bred by ignorance. Hence people exist who fly planes into buildings and strap bombs to their chests because they were indoctrinated with stupid since birth.
anonymous wrote:
Just accept that the "Alexander the Great" fantasy you had as a kid isn't going to happen, and when you think about the cost, you're probably better off for it. You can't win this debate. You can only survive and adapt.
What are you talking about? The debate was won decades ago. If you're referring to this thread in particular, the debate was won very early on. The vast majority of the fundies on this thread were not here when it started. And they probably won't be next year. But ignorance always comes back. And there will be people around to correct their assertions. You make it sound like I expect some kind of resolution whereby the evolutionists finally convince the fundies their ancient superstitions were unsupported, the thread ended and we rode off into the sunset after saving the world or something. If I ever thought that way I would have been disappointed many years ago.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Damn you!
You are the bigot that hates reality.
Damn you!!! You broke my irony meter!

>:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,721 - 67,740 of112,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••