Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#72021 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you like to spout on subjects you're totally ignorant of. Yes, the UK is a Christian country with Christian traditions and Christian laws. But you're ignoring the fact that, in general, people in the UK don't tend to think of religion as that big a deal. Very few attend church every Sunday, and even many who would describe themselves as Christians would be accused by you of not being Christian as they wouldn't fit with your particular narrow-minded view of Christianity.
Not that you're intellectually honest enough to admit that, as you demonstrated when you pretended that the world is mostly Christian, despite the fact that even within Christianity there are many sects. And of those, yours is a minority position. But hey, doesn't matter when you can just fudge the numbers for your convenience.(shrug)
You are the ignorant, dude.
Christianity do have sects but these sects don't worship a different God.
Christians focus is on God and Jesus christ.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#72022 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Between Christianity, Islam, Bahai, Budhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Shintoism and others, Christianity is the largest, a fact you can not deny.
I haven't. I deny that it is more popular than the other religions.
Here in murica

United States

#72023 Jan 24, 2013
Many people claim to be Christian but very few practice any form of it. When asked they will say they are a Christian. Yet very few can tell you very much about the teachings of Christ. Of course here in America we have a view of ourselves that is pretty hubris filled. We see ourselves as skinny and smart. If only it were true.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72024 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Between Christianity, Islam, Bahai, Budhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Shintoism and others, Christianity is the largest, a fact you can not deny.
Uh, yeah, we already been through your total wrongily wronginess on that one.

Now if you wanna pretend that all of them agree with each other and like to play nice then maybe you'd have a point...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72025 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence my foot.
You have no evidence.
Sure we do.

You've never even addressed it since this thread started.

Sure, we're well aware of your opinion on the matter, but we don't care.(shrug)

Level 2

Location hidden

#72026 Jan 24, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Many titles but only ONE name in your book, boy...YAHWEH...period...end of story...citing linguistic anomalies means naught...You allegedly worship the deity of the Hebrews, Yahweh, just like MUSLIMS...and please don;t waster your time with Allah...blah blah blah...Allah is the ARABIC word for god
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
so YOU woirship Allah, too...teroorize, much?!?!?! LOL And this OBSESSION with homosexuality is pretty clear evidence of confusion...of course many homesexuals who are raised in dogamtic crap live with this...you shine brightly amongst them...you're gay...so what...who cares...only your conscience, apparently.
From your comments you are gay. God is God whether in Christianity, Islam or any religion. The only difference is worship. Islam believes in warfare unlike Christianity, this could be better explained in the respective founders, Jesus and Muhammad.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#72027 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are the ignorant, dude.
Even the evolutionist ones?

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#72028 Jan 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
Last words of famous atheists:
Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."
Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."
Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me!…No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."
Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."
David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".
Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”
Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!…Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”
I must say...that is very insightful.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72029 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is exactly what we're talking about. You can't claim to know anything about the Brits if you don't even know anything about Monty Python!
Sheesh!
:-/
Who cares. Welsh, Scottish etc.
I only care about the universal language of communication, English language.
Ponty python is not my headache. My stand is on the English language, the English people and the general Brits who are already influenced by the English people.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72030 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do.
You've never even addressed it since this thread started.
Sure, we're well aware of your opinion on the matter, but we don't care.(shrug)
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#72031 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't. I deny that it is more popular than the other religions.
You are eating your word, you liar...

Level 2

Location hidden

#72032 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the evolutionist ones?
Explain vividly?
Go straight to the point.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#72033 Jan 24, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
here's what I wrote a few years ago...
Paradox
Life is a paradox.
Was it creation
Was it evolution
that started all there is?
Knowledge is death of faith
to soul-less disparate minds
meandering through lifes journey
without much certainty.
When all is faced
with the last breath,
God aint dead
to put them
out of fire and brimstone.
Life is a paradox...
and I have to deal
with the unknown.
"Knowledge is death of faith
to soul-less disparate minds"

Truly there is no paradox in realty, but only in the human mind.

There a argument that if one really did know "Truth" would they know it? One cannot rationalize Truth, because there will always be the possibility of being wrong(doubt). So the only way that Truth can be found is through faith.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#72034 Jan 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Dunno any of 'em. Did a quick look up of Skillet and it didn't sound bad. I was thinking something a little more on these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yl65zn_tudIXX
That's traditional gospel or church music. I couldn't be sure but sounded like a hymn, but it wasn't bad personally not my flavor of music, I like rap and Christian type of music, except anything like heavy metal or screamo, because I like to keep my standards straight. Now I still like eminem but his lyrics hold just some nasty stuff, if you see what I'm saying

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

#72035 Jan 24, 2013
Here in murica wrote:
Many people claim to be Christian but very few practice any form of it. When asked they will say they are a Christian. Yet very few can tell you very much about the teachings of Christ. Of course here in America we have a view of ourselves that is pretty hubris filled. We see ourselves as skinny and smart. If only it were true.
I'm 16 I can tell you what I've learned. If you want to know what the young people of my generation are doing.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#72036 Jan 24, 2013
Here in murica wrote:
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

There is only one requirement to being a Christian...and that is one of faith.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#72037 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are the ignorant, dude.
If you look at Science, and compare it to a religious hierarchy, it's structure is pretty much the same, right down to sects....such as Dianetics: The Church of Scientology.
bohart

Newport, TN

#72038 Jan 24, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire! They are educated, but in different things. "Things" have substance and make all the difference in the real world. Aesthetics are strictly the product of the particular world YOU live in.
Even Charles would make sense in an anarchistic world where people want order. After all, there can only be one king of the hill. His way is the way of the trinity, or as we in the U.S. might call it, a Mexican Standoff. He just doesn't realize it for what it is, and that's the beauty of it. Sooner or later, the ignorant get a piece of you. Even if you were one of the metaphorical gunslingers, you are always vulnerable to the up and coming because you can't keep your focus on that whole pointless pursuit of power.
So the question is, when you're "playing the game" how will that game invariably shape you? As Friedrich Nietzsche said, "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Now, I COULD assume moral inversion on your part. We're coming close to the Depression era attitude where mobsters and rogue gunmen were made into heroes for defying the Revenuers, but those things pass and usually in a messy way. Moral inversion is anarchistic. No sane person really wants to be evil.
Just accept that the "Alexander the Great" fantasy you had as a kid isn't going to happen, and when you think about the cost, you're probably better off for it. You can't win this debate. You can only survive and adapt.
I don't believe people want to be evil,its just that humans are primarily evil in their nature, its what we are.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#72039 Jan 24, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at Science, and compare it to a religious hierarchy, it's structure is pretty much the same, right down to sects....such as Dianetics: The Church of Scientology.
Scientology has absolutely nothing to do with science. It's a cult started by a loony science fiction writer.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#72040 Jan 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
You are a fundamentalist for Darwin. Lol
It's nice of you to offer to serve as The Dude's spokesman,
but I don't recall The Dude ever saying that Darwin had the last word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 15 min andet1987 55,279
NFL Football (Jul '10) 15 min SLY WEST 1,843
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 19 min andet1987 272
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 21 min Bill 407
Word association (Jun '07) 25 min andet1987 2,628
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 27 min andet1987 2,904
How Many Men Will The Average Woman Sleep With. (Oct '08) 29 min Easy Does It 767
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 39 min beatlesinafog 7,640
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Will Dockery 24,144
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Persephone- 25,760
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 152,568
More from around the web