Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,384)

Showing posts 67,661 - 67,680 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay we'll that's my belief so if you wanna go against and try to prove me wrong, is there something wrong with Christian music?
You mean Christian hymns? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing rock music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing Christian Rock? That came from the depths of hell.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
?????
From the orbit of electrons to the orbit of clusters of galaxies the universe follows certain basic laws. The complexity of our DNA is not due to our observation of it. There is an ordered intelligence in everything around us.
There is an intelligence to the universe whether anyone intelligent is observing it or not.
Physicists only study the process... they do not make it so.
The arrogance to suggest there is order in the universe because we are here to record it.
You think... therefor the universe is?
No, quite the opposite. The universe merely follows physical constants. That does not mean it's intelligently ordered. Intelligence came later after life developed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes with Adams sin he brought Sin and death into the world. Before Adams sin nothing died. There was no death in the world.
Boy is he having a hissy fit or what.
Please provide objective scientific testable evidence of your claims. Thanks in advance for not being able to do that.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that place prepared for the devil and his angels, this is why he sent his Son into the world. Choose this day who you will serve and if you follow Jesus he has promised that he has a place for you and you can live forever and never worry again.
Wow, you produced some wonderful mental gymnastics there!

Let's see...God Creates hell, but He "is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that place prepared for the devil and his angels..."

Clearly, the Christian deity is quite willing - after all, He Created hell in your mythology. If He was not willing to send His Creations to hell, God would:

1. Not Create people to go to hell (i.e., not Create me, sinners or Hitler)
2. Not Create hell for people (just reserve it to bad, bad Lucifer and his Charle's...sorry...fallen angels).

So don't patronize us with your Orwellian myths, sir. We're just not that stupid. Quite clearly, your religion works on fear, feeds on fear. You require people to be scared of their afterlife so that they follow the tenets of your mythology...all the while pretending that your deity is "loving" and "good."

Well, you're either outright lying, brainwashed, or just not capable of logic and reason.

Alternatively, perhaps you just don't understand the concept of "not willing."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your karma will haunt you or your politics will point out your lack of candor.....or both. Train wrecks are our spec-ee-ality!
Well you're welcome to your opinion. I tend to be VERY candid though when I respond to fundies in case you hadn't noticed.

That's why most of them don't like me very much.

:-)

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I can see that you always shut your brain when thinking or posting.
Am i the only one talking about Homosexuality?
Well, I disproved each and every illogical point you brought up. Basically, you're a bigot and deeply fearful.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
Last words of famous atheists:
Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."
Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."
I am prepared to die, despite that there is no afterlife.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting!
You are really blind. What is Homosexuality?
Is it ideal for a man/woman and another man/woman of the same sex to be lovers?
Think!
See? You have no basis but for your own hatred and perhaps self-loathing.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you have no clue.
Can't answer a straight up question?

You are a coward.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, And the Bible said it is an abomination which God destroyed places for. Great calamity may befall a nation which promotes it.
Ah, more illogic.

First, you believe that your deity Creates everything - purposefully.

Second, you believe your deity is all loving.

Third, you believe your deity destroyed entire cities of people He Loved and Created.

Hello...? Illogic much?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't limit that to Christians alone, every faiths and unbelievers are guilty of that.
I wasn't limiting it to Christians in particular at all, I was speaking specifically of fundies such as yourself.

“Deities do not exist.”

Level 5

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No repitition. What is bad is bad.
No fallacy...
Coward, you are not the arbiter of what is and is not moral.

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Christian hymns? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing rock music? Not at all.

You mean Christians doing Christian Rock? That came from the depths of hell.
I'm slightly confused here, what's the difference between Christian rock and Christians doing rock?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The full statement was...
All things are evident unto themselves...only man requires evidence.
It's a philosophical concept...you wouldn't understand.
It's not necessary to understand philosophy. Philosophy is fine on a personal level, but can be considered complete bollox if anyone claims it should apply to others. It is after all nothing more than subjective mental mastrubation.(shrug)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is real and the facts are to be found.......
To have facts you need evidence of those facts

I am sorry but personal belief does not count as evidence or as fact

How would it be if when you complained to your boss that he had not paid your wages he said “I believe I have so that’s good enough for me and everyone should believe that belief”
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm slightly confused here, what's the difference between Christian rock and Christians doing rock?
For instance if I use Evanescance as an example (nobody slam me here, just using them cuz I happen to know they are Christian), but few would say their music would be "Christian rock".

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Homosexuality in all its entirety is wrong, no matter how you paint it...
You are wrong no matter how your paint yourself

You personal indoctrinated hatreds and unthinking worship of a genocidal child murdering apologist for rape and slavery has nothing to do with reality
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're welcome to your opinion. I tend to be VERY candid though when I respond to fundies in case you hadn't noticed.
That's why most of them don't like me very much.
:-)
Candid? No! No! No! I think not!

What goes on here is cat/dog fights. Candid is when you play both sides without even thinking about it. It ticks them off so much more when you ignore the pecking order AND are entirely tuned out and oblivious to their base fears. Sooner or later, they'll be slapping the ground like Donkey Kong and whizzing on the bushes as if this is all their turf. All you're doing is playing "Pop goes the Weasel".

There's a fine art to candor that goes beyond annoying "the other guys!" Do you see people claiming to be science professionals posting comments sounding like "Duh!" and "Burn the witch!" That is the result of TRUE candor!

These are not the droids you're looking for! ;-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Candid? No! No! No! I think not!
What goes on here is cat/dog fights. Candid is when you play both sides without even thinking about it. It ticks them off so much more when you ignore the pecking order AND are entirely tuned out and oblivious to their base fears. Sooner or later, they'll be slapping the ground like Donkey Kong and whizzing on the bushes as if this is all their turf. All you're doing is playing "Pop goes the Weasel".
There's a fine art to candor that goes beyond annoying "the other guys!" Do you see people claiming to be science professionals posting comments sounding like "Duh!" and "Burn the witch!" That is the result of TRUE candor!
These are not the droids you're looking for! ;-)
Like I said, you're welcome to your opinions. I realise it can often seem like mindless back and forth, and often that's what it is. But that's because our opposition is simply uneducated, and unwilling to learn. Not much we can do about that.(shrug)

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>For instance if I use Evanescance as an example (nobody slam me here, just using them cuz I happen to know they are Christian), but few would say their music would be "Christian rock".
Skillet would be considered as Christian rock, Red, and Kutless. Then there's Christian hip hop and pop like lecrae and Toby Mac and Jeremy camp.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,661 - 67,680 of111,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

206 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word 3 min Sublime1 895
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 4 min Sublime1 5,507
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min Sublime1 6,049
What is the meaning of life? 8 min Really simple 5
How to become Unbannable 8 min tora tora tora 58
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Crazy Beautiful 140,303
There goes the neighborhood! (May '13) 12 min Naturally Wired 10,866
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr CJ Rocker 14,105
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 2 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••