Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,383)

Showing posts 67,641 - 67,660 of106,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Poor response!
You have no idea of history.
Find out about the English( the Angles and the Saxons) people, who brought the English language to all the nations that take English language as their first or official language.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more than an opinion. About of third of the world's population is Christian. That means two thirds are raised without bibles.
So, how do you know that?
I do know that, Gideons international do distribute free bibles globally.

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That which is self evident needs no proof.
So the world is flat...just look outside...I mean China is beneath the US?!?! Hogwash...

Only a fool trusts his eyes, exclusively...only a moron listens to only himself...

Tell me: how much are ther dues at the FLat Earth Society these days.

Of course, only the Abrhamaic religions have one god/deity...it was 'self-evident' to 1000s of cultures throughout history there were MULTIPLE deities...

Too hilarious watching the flailing

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this has something to do with your unattractiveness
Yeah, i can see. You are indirectly outlining your qualities.
Too bad.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, how do you know that?
Research, numbnuts:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/715...
Charles Idemi wrote:
I do know that, Gideons international do distribute free bibles globally.
BFD

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more than an opinion. About of third of the world's population is Christian. That means two thirds are raised without bibles.
And of course, not one of the Xian sects raises their children the same way any other set does, or did, or will...funny how when relgious folks try to battle with scientific the Xians(all 30,000 denominations claim solidarity- even though the largest denomiantions have accepted EVOLUTION), and suddenly Muslims arem't the Johnny-come-lately Abrahamic religion..nooooo...there brothers against scietific tyranny and cosnpiracy!LOL...JFK was a "CATHOLIC" to the rest of the Protestant-American Catholic despising "citizens"...Obama is some quasi-Muslim, when it's politically valuable...funny how survival instincts draw enemies closer, is it not?

Even clerics 500 years ago didn't take the bible literally...that just wanted the DUMB PUBLIC to do so...lots of folks on here have probably never had a preiest, pastor and rabbi tell you on separate occassions that "YOU get it..." and that it's "for the more uneducated, lacking people..."

The reality is that lack of education is the greatest predictor of religious dogmatism/delusion...some folks just refuse to learn, or simply can't...only under the guise of religion can a (clinical) moron be accepted as an equal...sorry...but I draw my ONLY proverbial line in the sand amongst the ignorant and the intelligent.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, i can see. You are indirectly outlining your qualities.
Too bad.
Just admit it. You simply lack human sex-attractant pheromones. lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that's bi-sexual. lol
Which involves at the very least partial homosexuality.

Wild Things made over $35Mil profit. And it put Neve and Denise in the same bed. I'd say that's positive!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are a genius.
Yeah baby!
But of course. The Dude abides.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is known to have errors and contradictions. But so are some scientific theories. The chronology in the creation story suggests that the theory of evolution could be the process how God created everything.
It's possible. But the chronology of the creation story claims plants before sunlight. That's just plain whacked.

So if one wants to take that route then best just to use scripture as very vague allegories instead.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Homosexuality in all its entirety is wrong, no matter how you paint it...
Genocide is wrong no matter how you paint it. But you call it things like "God's love" and "justice".

That's because fundies like yourself are incapable of genuine morality.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually pretty much every culture on earth has always said raising a child properly will (usually) result in a more morally upright person.
It didn't take the Bible to point out the obvious.
how would you explain the idea of "for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

It's quite obvious that people return to dust...but everyone knows that people come from the womb...

This directly parallels the formation of the solar system and the development of life... from stardust, to the eventual destruction of the solar system... and the return to stardust.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say reliosity exists because humans are the only creatures on earth with the sentience to realise that their own death is inevitable, and what that means...while still carrying the impulse of millions of years of evolution to fear danger and death.
Creates a bit of a dilemma don't you think? Might be tempting for such a creature to try to rationalise his way out of it. Then add the ingredient of tying the outcome to good or bad behavior, and you have a potent combination. Doesn't make it true though.
If you read the article, it is a physical attribute of the brain, and not a conceptual one...so it would be a physical attribute of the evolutionary process...

“serious about music , love rap”

Since: Oct 12

Huntsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Hip hop? Just when ya thought creationism couldn't get any worse!

Thought it was bad enough when they started doing Christian rock.
Okay we'll that's my belief so if you wanna go against and try to prove me wrong, is there something wrong with Christian music?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
So the world is flat...just look outside...I mean China is beneath the US?!?! Hogwash...
Only a fool trusts his eyes, exclusively...only a moron listens to only himself...
Tell me: how much are ther dues at the FLat Earth Society these days.
Of course, only the Abrhamaic religions have one god/deity...it was 'self-evident' to 1000s of cultures throughout history there were MULTIPLE deities...
Too hilarious watching the flailing
The full statement was...

All things are evident unto themselves...only man requires evidence.

It's a philosophical concept...you wouldn't understand.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if there is no intelligence guiding it, there is no intelligence in how the universe operates if there are no observers.

If an asteroid blew up the Earth, the universe would still exist and operate in the same manner even if we are not here to observe it. It would remain by and large unaffected.
?????

From the orbit of electrons to the orbit of clusters of galaxies the universe follows certain basic laws. The complexity of our DNA is not due to our observation of it. There is an ordered intelligence in everything around us.

There is an intelligence to the universe whether anyone intelligent is observing it or not.

Physicists only study the process... they do not make it so.

The arrogance to suggest there is order in the universe because we are here to record it.

You think... therefor the universe is?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
?????
From the orbit of electrons to the orbit of clusters of galaxies the universe follows certain basic laws. The complexity of our DNA is not due to our observation of it. There is an ordered intelligence in everything around us.
There is an intelligence to the universe whether anyone intelligent is observing it or not.
Physicists only study the process... they do not make it so.
The arrogance to suggest there is order in the universe because we are here to record it.
You think... therefor the universe is?
actually their thought precess behind this is...

They think...therefore the universe is...therefore our thinking creates the universe...therefore we are gods.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GatorBUILT wrote:
So the world is flat...just look outside...I mean China is beneath the US?!?!
Yup.
I'm having a terrible time holding on.
I could fall off any minute.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
It would seem that if we were so closely related as implied by the evolution theory, then religiosity would be readily apparent in the animal kingdom. I cannot even think of one example...can you?

Dude replyed:
They lack the ability to communicate in abstract forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
xxxooxxx wrote:
It would seem that if we were so closely related as implied by the evolution theory, then religiosity would be readily apparent in the animal kingdom. I cannot even think of one example...can you?
Dude replyed:
They lack the ability to communicate in abstract forms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,641 - 67,660 of106,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••