Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,382)

Showing posts 67,621 - 67,640 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than freedom from and of religion, I don't really have a political case. Evolution isn't Liberal or Conservative. It simply is. Just like water boiling doesn't depend on who you vote for. Reality is simply reality.
<quoted text>
I don't worry about other people quotemining me, in fact it's happened to me on these forums before.
<quoted text>
I use actual science to back myself up. But since the fundies mostly only use soundbites, they only need be countered by other soundbites.
So basically I do what I feel like.:-)
Then your karma will haunt you or your politics will point out your lack of candor.....or both. Train wrecks are our spec-ee-ality!

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is that too difficult for you to think?
Homosexuality is wrong in all its entirety. Read between the lines.
And your basis for that is...?

You want me to read between the lines? Ok...on an evolution versus creation forum, you constantly talk about homosexuality. I'm guessing your obsessed. Not sure why...let's read between the lines on this one and guess that homosexuality touches you deeply in some manner.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe God so loved the world that he sent his beloved Son into the world so that whosoever will believe his word can inherit eternal life.
According to the Bible everyone gets eternal life.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

What is the point in burning in hell forever if you are not alive and conscious?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that place prepared for the devil and his angels, this is why he sent his Son into the world. Choose this day who you will serve and if you follow Jesus he has promised that he has a place for you and you can live forever and never worry again.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes with Adams sin he brought Sin and death into the world. Before Adams sin nothing died. There was no death in the world.
Boy is he having a hissy fit or what.
I see the story of Adam and Eve as an symbolic representation of losing faith in God. The sin here is doubt...and once doubt comes into play, true faith is lost. And without faith, there can be no spiritual connection to God.

That's just my personal interpretation...

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I find a good representation of faith in William Blake - Auguries of Innocence...

If the sun and moon should doubt,
They'd immediately go out.
To be in a passion you good may do,
But no good if a passion is in you.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think I am redefining Th word "image" when it very well could mean reflection? The Creator of the universe made man in his own image and likeness and if Adam and Eve had not disobeyed his word to them, I believe they could have lived forever.
Ok, its time to stop living in the past......He walked on water...than he was crucified.......nice fable. FS wrote, "The creator of the universe......." Wake up people....The creators, these so called Gods you ramble about are in fact advanced deep space aliens that made the primitive human animal believe in a Bible story they could comprehend. They are in fact the creators of all life on this little rock......the blue petri dish. They do live among the earthlings. They do manipulate the human world. Evidence? Not on this earth. Humans that do welcome contact just do not understand alien intelligence. They only let humans glimpse their world, lights in the sky, an object at a distance, mind control, abductions....aliens live in another demension with different waves and fre.and any human with the God seed planted on the brain is clueless.That's crazy they say. An advanced alien race from another solar system that made humanoids and all life on the rock......absurd they say........Peace!REmember, to many galaxies to oount.....come on people. Who made God? Mom amd dad God?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
What is the point in burning in hell forever if you are not alive and conscious?
You would be conscious.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
I find a good representation of faith in William Blake - Auguries of Innocence...
The last two lines a bit unclear ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I see the story of Adam and Eve as an symbolic representation of losing faith in God. The sin here is doubt...and once doubt comes into play, true faith is lost. And without faith, there can be no spiritual connection to God.

That's just my personal interpretation...
Well you'll note that Through out the Bible it is known as Adams sin while Eve was tricked my Satan, Adam knew God had told him not to eat of the fruit of that tree but when Eve handed the fruit to Adam he ate of it knowing full well he was told not to straight from God and was warned the if he did eat the fruit he would die.

I look at this as Adam choose to eat in order to stay with Eve. I believe it was a love issue. Just my thought.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that place prepared for the devil and his angels, this is why he sent his Son into the world. Choose this day who you will serve and if you follow Jesus he has promised that he has a place for you and you can live forever and never worry again.
With no Adam and Eve to blame 'Original Sin' on, what use is there for Jesus?

Jason Rosenhouse over at EvolutionBlog details some of the theological twists and turns some religious writers are going through trying to explain a religious world with no Adam and Eve to blame original sin on.

“One of the many problems modern science poses for Christianity is the question of how to understand original sin. The traditional teaching, which holds that Adam and Eve were the only humans on the planet when they were created on day six of Creation Week, that the ground was cursed and they were expelled from Eden as a result of a specific sin they committed, and that this corrupted state was in some way passed down to all future human beings, is no longer tenable. 

A variety of lines of evidence make it clear that the human population has always numbered in the thousands and certainly never dipped down to two. Moreover, evolution makes clear that humans arose through eons of natural selection. There was no moment of creation, and there was no state of primordial perfection for them to sully.”  Jason Rosenhouse PhD, EvolutionBlog. 
Full post:
http://scienceblogs.com/evolutionblog/2011/09...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be conscious.
Good thing there is no such thing as Hell. Iron age Bullsh!t

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
here's what I wrote a few years ago...

Paradox

Life is a paradox.
Was it creation
Was it evolution
that started all there is?

Knowledge is death of faith
to soul-less disparate minds
meandering through life’s journey
without much certainty.

When all is faced
with the last breath,
God ain’t dead
to put them
out of fire and brimstone.

Life is a paradox...
and I have to deal
with the unknown.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
It would seem that if we were so closely related as implied by the evolution theory, then religiosity would be readily apparent in the animal kingdom. I cannot even think of one example...can you?

There is some question about whether or not other animals have religion.
Some monogamous species hold something like wedding ceremonies.
I forgot where I read this, but elephants hold burial ceremonies for the dead.
(I don't see how anyone could bury an elephant, but apparently it's possible.)
We don't know how much of it is a ritual and how much of it is a sanitary precaution, but it looks like at least some of it is a ritual.
What's more, they hold these sessions in the evening, with all the participants facing toward the setting sun.

So it seems that symbolism is not an exclusive property of humans, either.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Research, numbnuts:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/715...
<quoted text>
BFD
Do your research, Numbnut!
Gideons international and other christian charitable organisations, do give free bibles globally.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do your research, Numbnut!
Gideons international and other christian charitable organisations, do give free bibles globally.
He was not disagreeing with you fool. If you understood basic English you would have seen that.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
According to the Bible everyone gets eternal life.
I'm not sure.
Do sinful Evolutionists like me burn forever in Hell?
Or do we get liquidated in Hell?
In Revelation 20:14, an angel casts Satan and all his cronies into a lake of fire.
But Matthew 10:28 says, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Or does the Bible merely contradict itself?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit it. You simply lack human sex-attractant pheromones. lol
You must be a ghost or spirit for saying that. Irony!!!
Why are you un-attractive?

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God is not willing that anyone should perish and go to that place prepared for the devil and his angels.
Then who's forcing him?
Isn't he all-powerful?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,621 - 67,640 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

157 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 5 min a_temp 26
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min a_temp 28,266
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 10 min xxxooxxx 18,618
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min a_temp 140,502
Add a word and drop a word 13 min cretin56 939
Word Association. (Nov '10) 13 min cretin56 16,540
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 14 min cretin56 15,396
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min dragoon70056 14,128
•••